AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-09, 09:55   Link #15041
judasmartel
*Author

[QUOTE=Von Himmel;3893887]
Spoiler:

MIKOTO, SHIAGE, AND WORST JUST BROKE MY HOLY SHIT METER!

It just bugs me though, but what role does Mikoto actually play in this current party setting vs Gremlin? Is she a Nuker, Anti-Personnel, or Anti-Tech? AFAIK, Gremlin has MagiTek.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:02   Link #15042
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Wonder if we will get a scene with LO raging how her scenes are being stolen ^_^;
Old 2011-12-09, 10:19   Link #15043
Miraluka
Banned

Yawn....

OK. I'm awake and bored, afu.

What I found hilarious is how new characters usually go "haha, I owned your servants and now the next is you".

And then... Birdway goes: "Seriously?"

Enemy: What the hell are you? You are monster... *cries*

YEAHHHH!

Btw, anyone remember how many of us predicted the goal of Gremlin was to start the eruption of a volcano when Vol. 2 ended? Well, I can't blame the author that much, this time was too obvious .
Old 2011-12-09, 10:37   Link #15044
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
I'm wondering how is the ratio between these things...

Mikoto in "Magic? Is that some sort of an esper power?" to her involvement as NT3 progresses.

At least, a very little acceptance from her that magic exists (and not as an esper power or something like that) would be enough to... uh, alleviate some of this awkward feeling I get.

... I dunno, when I think of it, Mikoto finally getting directly involved, as the NT series move along, it feels kind of... awkward for me. If I just basically went "screw remembering/knowing that has happened so far," I'd even think that suddenly, she's there in the plot.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----

Last edited by Master Assassin; 2011-12-09 at 10:53.
Old 2011-12-09, 10:38   Link #15045
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Just passing a message along from A Certain Banned Associate of ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
Before anybody get their panties in a bunch, remember that this is the first time in the INDEX Light Novel that Mikoto was given a sizeable part since her character arc in volume 3- It doesn't matter what happened in Railgun, THIS. IS. INDEX.

But actually I'm betting most people practically jumped to this conclusion because of the illustration art which is ridiculous because since when does illustration pages supposedly summarized the novel itself -_-

Now all that said and done, this is actually pretty darn close to how every new Index volumes start For all the new comers (and it seems we have quite alot of them this round) Every new volume is met with initial excitement with illustration, followed by rage quitting from the inaccurate summaries, followed by trolling and counter trolling, and this continues until the translations start- because then people would shut up and just read it for themselves

But that's mostly for 4ch, here we get the usual individuals 'expressing' themselves once and then we just continue reading

For me? I'm waiting for a more reliable source of information like Teh_ping or kuroishinigami or larethian before panicking but so far if the initial summary is even 50% accurate, it's all going as expected for me.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:06   Link #15046
Ashaman

Anyone else notice that even though they are in Hawaii, there is not a single picture of anyone in a swimsuit?

Honestly, I find this a general indication of just how serious the novel will be.

Well, I'm also looking forward to finding out what part Iskander the presidant will play, as well as the way Gremlin works.

Two further things; I'm sure Mr.Kyon will get a kick out of how Worst is playing a major troll, and is it just me, or is Accel's hair now longer than the Misaka's?
Old 2011-12-09, 11:08   Link #15047
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman
Two further things; I'm sure Mr.Kyon will get a kick out of how Worst is playing a major troll
I sure hope he does... he has become immune to that crack of his and we need something to make him more active in writing again!
Kuroyuri becoming Worst's (sex) slave should hopefully inspire him!

Last edited by Nayrael; 2011-12-09 at 11:21.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:21   Link #15048
Eratas123

Why exactly did they bring Kuroyoru again? Accelerator fills most of her roles and they don't even have a guarantee that she won't turn on them since she has no reason to help them. What's stopping her from trying to ditch them in Hawaii?
Old 2011-12-09, 11:28   Link #15049
Nayrael
The Faceless One

I think the theory was that she might know something about the GREMLIN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123
What's stopping her from trying to ditch them in Hawaii?
Well she got Worst'd already in NT2 :P
Old 2011-12-09, 11:35   Link #15050
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
What's stopping her from trying to ditch them in Hawaii?
She is worst's new pet cat, how could she betray her overly caring and warm hearted master just like that?!

Can't wait till I get to read the whole novel.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-12-09, 11:37   Link #15051
Eratas123

Still kinda odd they're willing to put her on the main team considering the fact that she was trying to murder a child not too long ago. Moreover, I'm surprised Hamazura doesn't have a bigger reaction to her joining considering she tried to kill someone really close to him.

@ ovum - ......Yeah, if I had Worst as an owner, I'd definitely be loyal and supp- *Runs for his life*
Old 2011-12-09, 11:38   Link #15052
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Tutturuu!!!

All i can see is that Iskander obtained the grail... got rid of his greatest obstacle and taking his position... doesn't need to raid any country to get money to buy B-2s when he already own them... next up is world domination...

hmm... how can Touma loss pikachu when she's sticking to him like glue?
Old 2011-12-09, 11:38   Link #15053
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Quote:
Moreover, I'm surprised Hamazura doesn't have a bigger reaction to her joining considering she tried to kill someone really close to him.
Who says he is not raging in the novel? ^_^;
Since they share screentime we will probably hear ourselves what he thinks about it.
Old 2011-12-09, 11:44   Link #15054
addiC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Yawn....

OK. I'm awake and bored, afu.

What I found hilarious is how new characters usually go "haha, I owned your servants and now the next is you".

And then... Birdway goes: "Seriously?"

Enemy: What the hell are you? You are monster... *cries*

YEAHHHH!

Btw, anyone remember how many of us predicted the goal of Gremlin was to start the eruption of a volcano when Vol. 2 ended? Well, I can't blame the author that much, this time was too obvious .
holy fk, bardway..
who care misaka, give me more birdway!!
Old 2011-12-09, 11:44   Link #15055
Eratas123

I wonder how ITEM is doing since they're "Lackey" is going to Hawaii without them?
Old 2011-12-09, 11:50   Link #15056
ovum
...Is a lightning bolt

Quote:
Still kinda odd they're willing to put her on the main team considering the fact that she was trying to murder a child not too long ago. Moreover, I'm surprised Hamazura doesn't have a bigger reaction to her joining considering she tried to kill someone really close to him.
Well it would not be the first time former enemies team up for seemingly no reason. Last order and Accelerator as a prime exemplar seeing as Last order had no reason what so ever to thrust Accelerator.

Quote:
@ ovum - ......Yeah, if I had Worst as an owner, I'd definitely be loyal and supp- *Runs for his life*
Scenario1: Umidori runs and get nailed down by Worst and punished quite hard for running away.
Scenario2: Umidori accepts her fate and becomes Worst's ever at hand amusement toy.
sól valtiva.
-Surtr, fiery giant of Múspell
Old 2011-12-09, 11:57   Link #15057
Eratas123

Last Order seems to have an innocent outlook on the world and genuinely believed Accelerator was a good person even before she got to knew him. Accelerator himself calls this BS and she gives reasons as to why she believes this to be true and points out that he wanted the clones to live. Hamazura has no such excuse and probably doesn't believe she's a good person considering how sadistic she was in V1. Then again, he was willing to work with Accelerator despite the fact that he tried to beat him up when he asked for help, so maybe he just believes in enemy mine.

Side note - Why do I suddenly get the image of Kuroyoru on a leash and collar with WORST holding onto it
Old 2011-12-09, 12:16   Link #15058
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Nobody cares about what Shiage-chan thinks :P

Quote:
Side note - Why do I suddenly get the image of Kuroyoru on a leash and collar with WORST holding onto it
YOU ASKED FOR IT!!!!

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-09, 12:23   Link #15059
Eratas123

Okay, I didn't mean it literally. She's received a massive amount of villain decay ever since she got locked in that bathroom. Oh well, at least she wasn't strapped to her leg on a chain with the only way out to saw your foot off

Side note - *Gives Last Order a stack of butter fingers* Enjoy!
Old 2011-12-09, 13:13   Link #15060
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Oh, and I guess that Worst CAN make a normal, non-rape face (no black circles under teh eyes and no Wario smile) when Accel is not around? Sweet.

Also... still no real spoilers? This is an emergency!

<< tries to restart discussion but is running out of Evil Master Plan's

P.S. Shame Kuroko didn't follow her Onee-sama else Worst-san would have two (sex) slaves at this point ^_^;
I can already hear it: "If it will ruin your relationship with Onee-sama, Misaka will let you touch her tits and ass."

P.S.S. So... what did Broskander do anyway? Other than look awesome I mean...

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen