AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-06, 02:27   Link #421
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
So BlackStar Shooter is the SuckerPunch of anime?
Some have thought of it but Black Rock Shooter came first before Sucker Punch. But the movie sucked.

Off topic: ASSEMBLE MAY 4.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 04:16   Link #422
Forsaken_Infinity

Argghhhhhhhh.... fuck it. I know for a fact that this is going to suck - big time at that - but fuck it. I can't keep myself away any longer. Gonna watch it now. Hopefully it won't make me kill myself. Fingers crossed.
Old 2012-02-06, 08:21   Link #423
Fiemma
Fiamma

http://www.noitamina-brs.jp/

ep 2 preview
Old 2012-02-06, 09:02   Link #424
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

On ep 1....

Kaere...kaere...kaere...kaere....
*yandere is detected* (i'm not sure about the dere part through )

Damn. Ep 1 was awesome. Strangely everyone seems to be disappointed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
Black★Rock Shooter 01
Being Black Rock Shooter is suffering...
My brain was playing Maroon 5's Misery when reading this

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2012-02-06 at 09:22.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 12:55   Link #425
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Pretty disappointing, especially the animation. I'll keep watching anyway; have nothing to lose.

Needs some avatars, though.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:19   Link #426
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
^ Indeed, I was waiting at least something close to steins;gate-level art and character designs (also by Huke) and despite having to keep up a high standard for twice and more episodes did a very good job, but this is so substandard... I hope it gets better, but that's very unlikely

Plot also worries me with the NoitaminA stupidity of 11 episodes!
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:21   Link #427
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
^ Indeed, I was waiting at least something close to steins;gate-level art and character designs (also by Huke) and despite having to keep up a high standard for twice and more episodes did a very good job, but this is so substandard... I hope it gets better, but that's very unlikely

Plot also worries me with the NoitaminA stupidity of 11 episodes!
11 episodes? I thought this was 8.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:22   Link #428
Malkuth
Banned

8 Why? WTF?!?!?

eDIT: My bad, it is indeed only 8 episodes... at least they could make an OVA or movie, in total this will last 150-160 minutes, so character development... let's forget it; plot... considering the episode's pace, does not look good. Anyway, I hope I am proved wrong, maybe the crappy art and that accursed zone got me in the misery mood
Old 2012-02-06, 13:25   Link #429
Shadow5YA

I thought this was confirmed to be 8 episodes. That's why Thermae Romae filled the same timeslot earlier this season.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 13:27   Link #430
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
8 Why? WTF?!?!?
NoitaminA has 11 airing slots, Thermae Romae already took 3 last month.
Old 2012-02-06, 13:32   Link #431
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Personally I would actually prefer more Thermae Romae than what we're getting out of BRS right now.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 15:29   Link #432
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Damn. Ep 1 was awesome. Strangely everyone seems to be disappointed?
lol. I frankly don't get it either. Sure, the animation/character design is not very impressive but everything else is pretty brilliant. You've got the yuri, the melodrama, the bizarre and frightening/poetic otherworld and fuckawesome Black Rock Shooter action. I will be overjoyed to get 8 straight episodes of this, too bad for anyone who isn't able to enjoy it.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 15:46   Link #433
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Um..what the fuck? I actually liked it? :0

Um..what the fuck again? I actually teared up at the end of the episode with Mato asking Yomi to go to the festival? Man, something's wrong with me today.

Btw, I LOVE Kohata. She reminds me of mah Hibiki from iDOLM@STER. :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 15:50   Link #434
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Personally I would actually prefer more Thermae Romae than what we're getting out of BRS right now.
Heh. I agree, a full length properly animated Thermae Romae would be the business!

As far as BRS is concerned, a lot of it is going to come from how they tie together the two worlds. I'm sticking to my "it's all in her head" theory until shown otherwise!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 20:58   Link #435
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Heh. I agree, a full length properly animated Thermae Romae would be the business!

As far as BRS is concerned, a lot of it is going to come from how they tie together the two worlds. I'm sticking to my "it's all in her head" theory until shown otherwise!
Well, to be honest Thermae Romae was the funniest series of the season for me, so for me it is kind of unfair to say a black and white statement about BRS after only one ep.

All that aside ... after ep 1 I really don't know what to say. As one who has not seen the OVA much of what was presented in ep 1 did not really give me a clear "image" of what the series is going to be about. I suppose that is not especially good, but neither is it especially bad, I think? Anyhoo, I will give it another ep or two and see if a clearer image comes across....
Old 2012-02-06, 22:33   Link #436
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
lol. I frankly don't get it either. Sure, the animation/character design is not very impressive but everything else is pretty brilliant.
Not really, but it is soon to judge... I for one expected a lot more, that does not mean that this is bad in any way, just that it did not mean the hype fanboys generated.

Quote:
You've got the yuri,
or friends that belong to the same sex, not every relationship between characters has to be(come) romantic... even in anime

Quote:
the melodrama,
Which was somewhat overblown, if not childish... I guess the second was intentional since we deal with elementary and middle school kids who perceive everything as serious.

Quote:
the bizarre and frightening/poetic otherworld
Again not as surreal as in Yumekui Merry or Madoka Magika (for recent examples)

Quote:
and fuckawesome Black Rock Shooter action.
Unfortunately the anime character design will always have to compare with Huke's original art, and there is no way to fund such level of animation even for 3 minutes in each of the 8 episodes.

Quote:
I will be overjoyed to get 8 straight episodes of this, too bad for anyone who isn't able to enjoy it.
DxD is also enjoyable, that does not make it good
Old 2012-02-06, 22:59   Link #437
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Not really, but it is soon to judge... I for one expected a lot more, that does not mean that this is bad in any way, just that it did not mean the hype fanboys generated.
Hype,what hype?
I've been hearing "this is gonna suck" for months,especialy from fanboys.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:20   Link #438
Sol Falling

Quote:
lol, actually, all I've seen has been negative hype, both in general and in this thread. I've yet to run into any fanboys who were actually approaching this with high expectations. I myself, didn't have particularly high expectations for this anime, but the first episode delivered in an unexpected way that at least some of us found completely satisfying.

Quote:
or friends that belong to the same sex, not every relationship between characters has to be(come) romantic... even in anime
You don't need to deny this, you know...from the background of the OVA, to even the manga, and the maintained middle school setting, it is pretty clear that one of the principle appeals of this series is gonna be some awesome "soft" yuri pandering.

Quote:
Which was somewhat overblown, if not childish... I guess the second was intentional since we deal with elementary and middle school kids who perceive everything as serious.
The point of melodrama is to be overblown. I personally find it delicious in combination with yuri.

Quote:
Again not as surreal as in Yumekui Merry or Madoka Magika (for recent examples)
They key word for me is "poetic", not "surreal". Madoka Magica's witch barriers did great in creating a foreign ambiance supporting the intellectual/thriller side of that series, but Black Rock Shooter's backgrounds are pretty much mindblowingly/metaphorically gorgeous in supporting the drama and cinematics of this one.

Quote:
Unfortunately the anime character design will always have to compare with Huke's original art, and there is no way to fund such level of animation even for 3 minutes in each of the 8 episodes.
If they keep up the level of what they had in the first episode I will be more than satisfied.

Quote:
DxD is also enjoyable, that does not make it good
Black Rock Shooter looks to be satisfying to me on an emotional level, which is more than I can say of most any other pure fanservice series. I'm hardly claiming it's gonna be any sort of masterpiece but I think it's clearly delivering to its target audience.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:50   Link #439
Malkuth
Banned

About the hype, it's just the impression I got from blogs, IRC, RL-friends talking about the coming TV... but never really gotten interested enough to pay close attention.

Also "soft" yuri IS NOT yuri, hardly shoujo ai, Marimite is a good dividing line where 99% it's friendship, but there were exception when things progressed beyond that.

Anyway, basically Sol, we are obviously looking for different things in this one
Old 2012-02-07, 00:25   Link #440
Sol Falling

Quote:
Also "soft" yuri IS NOT yuri, hardly shoujo ai, Marimite is a good dividing line where 99% it's friendship, but there were exception when things progressed beyond that.
Haha, I watched (read) through all (of what's currently available) of Marimite for Noriko x Shimako, and that was good enough for me (of course, the quality of the rest of the series doesn't hurt). Subtext works just as well as explicit sexuality for me 'cause what I'm really after in yuri is the romanticism. The poetic aspects alone in this series make Mato and Yomi's relationship clearly romantic, if not sexual. There's really no doubt at all that what this series (just like the OVA before it) is aiming for is the yuri fans.

Tags
action, slice of life