AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-09, 18:30   Link #1
shikamarufoo

Post Gokujo Seitokai (Best Student Council)

I just finished the series and loved it! It was funny, very lighthearted, and something new (at least thei powers/abilities were). At the end of the last episode subbed by 3WA, it said something and they translated it as "see you next series"...Does anybody know if there will be a sequel to Gokujo Seitokai or something like that? Also when did the series end? (Also is there a series discussion thread for Gokujo Seitokai because I was not able to find anything like that?
All help is welcome and thanks ~
Old 2006-04-09, 19:35   Link #2
Lambda

I think the old thread perished in the great forum "fire", I went looking for it when I wanted to say how incredibly funny I'd found episode 25. And Eva parody in 26! Great series, my second favourite for the year (unless Jikogu Shoujo makes a big move on it in it's second half), both very adept with the humour, and really my type of humour too (a school with a big cannon! Generalising cliche behaviour until it makes no sense whatsoever!) And some deceptively clever stuff in there too.

Ended half a year or so ago, I believe. Apparently it's actually part of a cynical mass-marketing ploy. Strange because it's so far removed from the soulless rubbish that you usually get with such things. Something this vivacious seems to indicate production people having great fun with it, rather than following lists of requirements or anything. Still, that means that a sequel is probably more likely than it might otherwise be, but I don't know.
Old 2006-04-10, 09:44   Link #3
NeoSam

A group is scanlating Gokujo Seitokai manga if anyone is interested in checking it out: Manganews

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!, and currently there are 2 volume released:

Genre: Shounen, Comedy
Old 2006-04-10, 11:03   Link #4
eggplant
Eggplant

Ah, my favorite! It's been over a half year since the anime ended, and I still can't get enough of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam

The manga is serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!, and currently there are 2 volume released:

Actually, there is still only one volume of the manga tankoubon out, and here is the cover for it:

Those two pictures on top are "anthology" releases, incorporating excerpts from the manga and the novel. There is also a 4 panel manga book from the PS2 game, as well as a visual artbook.

In hindsight, the voice actors for the regular cast of Gokujou are really superb, churning out 7 seiyuu who have done leading roles in other titles since the anime ended (Tamura Yukari, Kawasumi Ayako, Saitou Chiwa, Ueda Kana, Nabatame Hitomi, Sawashiro Miyuki, and Satou Rina).

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

Old 2006-04-10, 11:31   Link #5
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant
Actually, there is still only one volume of the manga tankoubon out, and here is the cover for it:
Ahh I see, thanks for the info eggplant

I must get those two volumes >.<

Anyway, here's a bigger image of the available manga cover, the one thats really serialized in the shounen manga magazine Dengeki Comic Gao!

Old 2006-04-10, 22:12   Link #6
shikamarufoo

Thanks for all the info guys. So are those manga(s) a different story of the gokujo Seitokai characters or a possible sequel? I really hope there is a sequel to this .
Old 2006-04-11, 01:03   Link #7
Kuon
Were you seeing a dream?

I absolutely loved this series, found out about it by coincidence and thought I'd take a look because I enjoy this genre. Turns out to be my second favourite school life anime (besides School Rumble).

I've looked around for news of a sequel and there doesn't seem to be any rumours as of yet, but the series gives ample room for a sequel and news could come at any time. Given Gokujou Seitokai wasn't a very popular series, news of it wouldn't travel as fast as for the more highly rated series.
Old 2006-04-11, 12:43   Link #8
ztella
Haruhi's Hair Worshipper

Send a message via AIM to ztella Send a message via MSN to ztella
Really it deserved to be more popular but I think earlier episodes didn't do it justice. Great series especially the Yakuza Mom
Old 2006-04-20, 05:15   Link #9
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

its a pretty good show im not sure of konami was just a sponsor or if they helped make it
Old 2006-08-20, 02:09   Link #10
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I can't believe I've just recently discovered this anime. I was bored so I decided to browse Animesuki's list of anime for something to watch and the description I found for Gokujo Seitokai on ANN's site got me interested.

The important element which really got me hooked on this anime was definitely Puuchan. That doll is a riot filled with tons of laughter.

The wide cast of characters in this anime is impressive too. I don't think I've seen any anime so far that included so many characters that managed being a good anime. All the characters were interesting and lovable except the people on the Covert Department. They're kind of irrating being all smartarses.

This anime was light hearted and funny, and having Yukari Tamura voicing for Rino was great. I liked how she was able to acted out cry baby Rino and cynnical Puuchan nicely through the anime.

Last edited by Wandering_Youth; 2006-08-24 at 01:35.
Old 2006-08-20, 17:14   Link #11
ujiuji

The thing that turned it from a throw away piece of light entertainment to one of my favourite series from last year was the way they handled some of the darker emotional stuff. Especially how Rino's scatterbrained genki-ness was a refuge, of sorts, from her grief. Speaking from personal experience I'd say that is an accurate & subtle depiction of how some people react to loss. Behind all the silliness the series had heart.
Old 2006-08-20, 18:16   Link #12
tritoch

Meh, from the start, I knew Rino was somewhat related to that hot chic. hehehe

Awesome series with good laughs and a very solid character relationships. I just uhm would always like a better ending for this series! I want more!
Old 2006-08-23, 18:03   Link #13
xxanimefan4_ever
Sorri++

yeah it's a great series, some of the beginning eps were weak though but I just loved some of the like the yu-gi-oh parody, break-up thing (kaori XD), magical girl stick, and more.
Old 2006-09-18, 06:58   Link #14
martino
makes no files now

Very good series indeed.

Now all we need are wallpapers of Kaori Izumi when her hair isn't tied up(in a ponytail)
Old 2006-10-02, 16:35   Link #15
xris
Just call me Ojisan

ADV have annouced the license for Best Student Council (Gokujou Seitokai), expected DVD release date is early 2007, it will also premiere on the Anime Network channel. Reported on AnimeOnDVD.
Old 2006-10-02, 16:53   Link #16
wilsonx81

I never saw this one coming O_o, Gokujo Seitokai passed under the radar for many people and the few that watched didn't liked it, (at least that happened with my anime watching friends), but I liked it, a lot ^^, so I'm happy that eventually I'll get this on DVD ^^
Old 2006-10-02, 16:54   Link #17
rooboy
Umeboshi!

WHOA, who would have ever guessed?
Huh. Fascinating - I like the show, but I think I'll probably wait for the inevitable (two or three years from now) thinpack. Between this, PPD, and Utawarerumono ADV seems to want to suck out quite a bit more of my wallet then it had appeared like they were going for just six months ago.
Old 2006-10-03, 01:56   Link #18
martino
makes no files now

omg. Should I call myself lucky...I like watched this a few weeks before it got licensed...lucky

Now I just have to wait for the DVDs...
Old 2006-10-04, 05:06   Link #19
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

hmm this was unexpected. even though some big companies were backing it, i found this to be a niche anime. maybe they got a good licensing deal
Old 2006-10-04, 11:35   Link #20
martino
makes no files now

It must have been a good deal. It was a good series, but somehow I believed that it wouldn't get licensed...