AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-07-02, 22:43   Link #2121
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
We really need more info on the guy.
Exactly.

Anyway, nothing wrong with arguing for or against a theory or throwing it forth as I see it - with Kallen currently taking a backseat, what are we otherwise expected to do?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:49   Link #2122
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Phoenyx View Post
I like how this is becoming a Bismark thread now.
Well he's the freaking Knight Of One the most powerful pilot in the CG universe so of course we're going to discuss him, I wonder how Suzaku is suppose to take him down
Silver Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 22:50   Link #2123
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Soul View Post
Well he's the freaking Knight Of One the most powerful pilot in the CG universe so of course we're going to discuss him, I wonder how Suzaku is suppose to take him down
But, technically not here. We mention him because of a theory that he could be Kallen's father under another name.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:56   Link #2124
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
Kallen will take him down using the Power of Love
Old 2008-07-02, 22:58   Link #2125
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
Kallen will take him down using the Power of Love
Not this crap again uh
Old 2008-07-02, 22:58   Link #2126
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Not this crap again uh
Relax. That is Shirley's line, never Kallen's.
Old 2008-07-02, 22:59   Link #2127
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Silver, you're hilarious, you freak out about everything.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:00   Link #2128
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Honestly, I like the theory of Bismark being Kallen's father. :P It would be cool.
Oh gawd. No more Power of Love. Dx
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 23:01   Link #2129
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno Phoenyx View Post
Oh gawd. No more Power of Love. Dx
That was kinda corny wasn't it? <.<
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 23:02   Link #2130
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Silver, you're hilarious, you freak out about everything.
Sorry I just still devastated over the lost of Dragonaut and that phrase made me realized how terrible that show was
Old 2008-07-02, 23:08   Link #2131
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
If someone was determined enough to investigate him I doubt he would be able to hide his duel identity regardless of how far he is from his family. Besides assuming he has managed to keep up his second identity of Knight of One there is no reason anyone would suspect the Emperor's own knight. Him taking Area 11 for himself could be tied to the fact that the Emperor lost four of his children in Area 11 and he is taking command to farther pacify it after the Black Rebellion or something.

I just find it hard to believe that the Empire's strongest knight and the person holding the position of Knight of One is able to keep his lineage secret when it is apparent that it is important to Britannian society for eligibility for positions of importance.
Its true that anyone determined enough can discover the secrets of Bismark, but at the same time I found it fascinating that someone as devout as Guilford could not find out where his beloved Princess was. If Cornelia can simply disappear from the world for over a year, I can't see why a man trained in military proceedings cannot hide his own identity incredibly well. He's likely incredibly feared, so angering him by threatening his family is probably not something would like to do. But by taking a second name it spares them mostly unneccessary attention, and keeps his daughter on the down low. Because, simply, if it slips that she is a half-Britannian, then I'd plague her forever, no matter his title or place in the government.

He may have made up a lineage, or he may not have. He could simply have kept the same lineage. Hell, for all we know, Bismark is another of his names. I'm not quite certain but Bismark and Stadfelt seem like they come from a similar lineage.

In the end though, if he takes control of Area 11 (which I don't think he could have, seeing as how interested the Royals were in the Area, heck he may have had control of it before Clovis), he'd still need to keep his distance from his real love. I'd imagine something like that would be painful for him, his daughter, and his wife. And it'd likely shatter their family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
Yes you do, and for the record I was arguing against Var's theory...
I'm having a good time discussing the possibility, and thank you for disagreeing, it helps me think.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 23:14   Link #2132
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

And I say, Var. Nice theory. If it turns out to be true, kudos.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:16   Link #2133
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Its true that anyone determined enough can discover the secrets of Bismark, but at the same time I found it fascinating that someone as devout as Guilford could not find out where his beloved Princess was. If Cornelia can simply disappear from the world for over a year, I can't see why a man trained in military proceedings cannot hide his own identity incredibly well. He's likely incredibly feared, so angering him by threatening his family is probably not something would like to do. But by taking a second name it spares them mostly unneccessary attention, and keeps his daughter on the down low. Because, simply, if it slips that she is a half-Britannian, then I'd plague her forever, no matter his title or place in the government.

He may have made up a lineage, or he may not have. He could simply have kept the same lineage. Hell, for all we know, Bismark is another of his names. I'm not quite certain but Bismark and Stadfelt seem like they come from a similar lineage.

In the end though, if he takes control of Area 11 (which I don't think he could have, seeing as how interested the Royals were in the Area, heck he may have had control of it before Clovis), he'd still need to keep his distance from his real love. I'd imagine something like that would be painful for him, his daughter, and his wife. And it'd likely shatter their family.

Well we'll wait and see
Old 2008-07-02, 23:17   Link #2134
Var
Banned

Quote:

Well we'll wait and see
If we dismissed everything by that idea, we'd never discuss anything.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:19   Link #2135
Silver Soul
Banned

Quote:
If we dismissed everything by that idea, we'd never discuss anything.
I'm not dismissing at all, really, I see it as legit the "wait and see" part is just the seal of approval for one
Old 2008-07-02, 23:20   Link #2136
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I feel its pretty cheap to introduce Kallen's father just all of a sudden. I like them idea of bringing him in so we can see his character prior to knowing he is the father and how it affects the viewers and character interaction to the knowledge. So if its Bismark I'm ok with it.. just give whoever it is some screen time before revealing him as her father.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:21   Link #2137
Major1138

It's a plausible theory - there's no real concrete evidence either way as far as I know, but it wouldn't be completely out of left field.

Do we really know anything about Kallen's father anyways, other than he's Britannian? I always thought he was of some importance, since wasn't Kallen not too concerned about getting caught by the authorities pre-Zero days? I seem to recall something being mentioned if she got caught back in Episode 1 of the first season that she'd only get a slap on the wrist. If true, that'd suggest (at least to me), that her family has some clout - even if it's only a "my daughter will never see the inside of jail cell" kind at the local level.

As for Bismarck having a hidden/secret identity to protect his family, I guess he could have one, although I would think that by becoming Knight of One, he has demonstrated sufficient badass-ness so that very few people (short of the Emperor himself) would consider messing with him.
Major1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 23:32   Link #2138
Var
Banned

Quote:
I'm not dismissing at all, really, I see it as legit the "wait and see" part is just the seal of approval for one
Ahh, I misunderstood then, my apoligize.

Quote:
I feel its pretty cheap to introduce Kallen's father just all of a sudden. I like them idea of bringing him in so we can see his character prior to knowing he is the father and how it affects the viewers and character interaction to the knowledge. So if its Bismark I'm ok with it.. just give whoever it is some screen time before revealing him as her father.
That is another reason this theory popped into my head, timing. We go from Nunally rescuing Kallen to Bismark's sudden appearance, right when Kallen is in Britannian hands. He picked an aweful coincidental time to appear.

Edit: The hilarity of mispellings:
Quote:
Because, simply, if it slips that she is a half-Britannian, then I'd plague her forever, no matter his title or place in the government.
If I were Lelouch, I'd be 'plaguing' Kallen. Oy.
Old 2008-07-02, 23:47   Link #2139
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:

Hiding where you are is abit different then hiding your identity in a society based on family rank. Cornelia was laying low and on the move investigating the Geass ruins which makes it harder for her to be tracked, it doesn't hurt her that Guilford suspected Zero of abducting her or atleast have something to do with her disappearance. I don't really see how being trained in military proceedings would help him hide his identity, if anything he would need a prestigious and established lineage to actually get anywhere in the military. We are talking about a society that determines a person's opportunities through his/her family's status, such focus on lineage would make it all the harder for someone to hide his family background. Kallen managed to pull it off because her father hid the fact she was his love child and let her live in an Area and attend a commoner school, had she went to a more prestigious school for nobles on the mainland I doubt she would pass the undoubtedly stringent background checks to avoid those of lesser status attending with the noble's kids.

Bismark and Stadtfeld are both German if I am not mistaken, Bismark is a famous German battleship from WW2.

Well, I did mention that it was unlikely he could have taken control of Area 11 with so many Royals interested, but as I said he could have taken command of it during the year after the Black Rebellion under the pretense of directly managing and pacifying a region that claimed four of the Emperor's children and recently revolted against Britannian rule. And just because he is managing Area 11, it doesn't mean that he would have to be overtly obvious with his familial connections.

Quote:
I'm having a good time discussing the possibility, and thank you for disagreeing, it helps me think.
Yeah, I'm having fun as well so no need to thank me or anything.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-02, 23:58   Link #2140
Inferno Phoenyx
Team No Feelings

Well, Kallen's father did marry that one Britannian woman, so there's his background and he might have not said anything about Kallen or her mother.
Inferno Phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote