AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-04, 19:24   Link #1221
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I think the city just start function 20 years ago. Though I'm not sure.
We know they were active during the Cold War because that's when the Esper program was being developed by everybody, include US and the Soviets.
Old 2012-05-04, 19:44   Link #1222
tsunade666

The scientist probably or the development of espers but I remember the school start implementation with only 20 years in execution but I can't remember where I read it.
Old 2012-05-07, 21:07   Link #1223
Kyouka
Is Here

any news on when the movie shall be out?
Old 2012-05-11, 16:14   Link #1224
Awrya
U mad?

Actually what is the movie about? Will it be Vol. 14 following season 2 or an original story?
Old 2012-05-11, 22:37   Link #1225
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

It's an original from kamachi
Old 2012-05-14, 16:01   Link #1226
Crimson Legacy
Crimson Legacy

Hello my dear esteemed friends!!! I am Crimson Legacy. I am new to this forum as a whole and wanted to clarify some doubts regarding Index and Railgun. In all honesty, I was curious as to what kind of a series Index was and I quickly found out the great idea and concept behind this anime. I have watched both Index season 1 and 2, as well as Railgun. Yet, there are many things I am still confused about. Whenever I see some members comment on Index or Railgun, most of them draw attention to the light novels in order to discuss some information that might not have been revealed in the anime. Coming from an outsider like me who tried reading the light novels and failed at it, it is a little discouraging to know that somehow, you know which characters they are talking about, but that you do not know enough to have an opinion about those pertaining characters. My question is this. Is it absolutely imperative to read the light novels?
Old 2012-05-14, 16:07   Link #1227
Ilidsor
Angelerator

The other light novels will be animated sooner or later so if you prefer anime then you can just wait for that. Personally I really like he light novels but I'd you don't you can just wait.
Old 2012-05-14, 16:27   Link #1228
Crimson Legacy
Crimson Legacy

That's the problem. I tried reading the light novels, but failed because there were too many to digest in the first place. I wished I had started reading the series when it was first released. If I had done that, I would have been able to fully comprehend the intricate details and meanings behind certain technical jargon or scientific understanding. It certainly would have helped me better understand the anime as a whole.
Old 2012-05-14, 16:44   Link #1229
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Legacy View Post
My question is this. Is it absolutely imperative to read the light novels?

No. You don't need to 'fully comprehend' every single detail just to state your opinion.

At most you take it as a learning experience when people provide you with more information regarding the source material.
Old 2012-05-15, 05:54   Link #1230
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
No. You don't need to 'fully comprehend' every single detail just to state your opinion.

At most you take it as a learning experience when people provide you with more information regarding the source material.
In other words, it's not needed, but highly recommended.
Old 2012-05-15, 06:28   Link #1231
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
In other words, it's not needed, but highly recommended.
Only if you're the type that loves to dive into the occult theories and science fiction talk

Wow, how often do you put those two terms in one sentence ?
Old 2012-05-15, 18:07   Link #1232
Asuras
Dictadere~!

As seen in one of the later episodes of TAMNI Season 2, Accelerator was capable of lifting an entire building and throwing it miles(?) away into another. Nevertheless, it seemed as though he at least struggled slightly to complete such a task. My question is, are Accelerator's powers capable only of reflecting/moving things below a certain weight? Or was this merely due to his injured condition at the time?
Old 2012-05-15, 18:14   Link #1233
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
As seen in one of the later episodes of TAMNI Season 2, Accelerator was capable of lifting an entire building and throwing it miles(?) away into another. Nevertheless, it seemed as though he at least struggled slightly to complete such a task. My question is, are Accelerator's powers capable only of reflecting/moving things below a certain weight? Or was this merely due to his injured condition at the time?
Unknown; it was never mentioned whether Accelerator had any limitations so you can interpret it freely.
Old 2012-05-15, 23:33   Link #1234
tsunade666

as long as he knows the values he can deal with it. But unknowns can pass through his filter or his reflections but once analyzed and added to his database it can be controlled or reflected.
Old 2012-05-16, 07:36   Link #1235
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras
Unknown; it was never mentioned whether Accelerator had any limitations so you can interpret it freely.
There was one, his absolute limit is performing calculations on the same level as hijacking and repairing the Misaka Network when he was at 100% of his capacity ^^". Then, for control, he might not be able to move an object so heavy it requires him gathering too much vectors and/or performing calculations on a level higher than half of that.
As for reflection though, ... for starters it's theoretically impossible to find a real value you can't multiply with cos(180) (it goes up to infinite) but it's not a clever move to start a no limit fallacy from that either ... so let's say it's
Quote:
Old 2012-05-16, 08:13   Link #1236
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
As for reflection though, ... for starters it's theoretically impossible to find a real value you can't multiply with cos(180) (it goes up to infinite) but it's not a clever move to start a no limit fallacy from that either ... so let's say it's

There was one other incident where Redirection was punched through by brute force, but you have to be willing to drop hundreds of thousands of meteorites onto him.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:18   Link #1237
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

speaking of Accelerator's reflections, I still don't understand how Kihara's punches passed through it.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:37   Link #1238
tsunade666

Amata just pulls back the punch whenever it it hits the layer of the firewall and since he is the one who created the one we know as accelerator. He knew everything about his power. Amata did even say his a masochist because his hitting himself.

But chaos those meteors are produced by telesma magic of gabriel. And we know from the beginning where Accelerator collided with Gabriel and Hyouka that he is having trouble controlling the wings formed from telesma of gabriel. And to accelerator at that time magic is still unknown value and even probably right now.

So that can't be really justify his limits of redirection.
Old 2012-05-16, 10:38   Link #1239
Ilidsor
Angelerator

They didn't pass through they used Accelerator's power against him. Accelerator's power automatically reverses the vectors of anything touching him, so Kihara pulled his hit back at the last second, and Accelerator's power reversed it making the punch hit Accelerator
Old 2012-05-16, 14:00   Link #1240
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
so Kihara pulled his hit back at the last nanosecond
I fixed that for you
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
But chaos those meteors are produced by telesma magic of gabriel.
Yep, and he should thank "God" he survived that

Tags
q&a