AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 33 18.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 69 39.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 8.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-16, 09:42   Link #281
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Too awesome on the Shannon dance.

But what I want to see is a AMV showing 'Beatrice' letting it be known that she's real. I was thinking of a signature that would be cool to create. It have a pic of Beatrice with some smug look and the caption could read,

"I'm real B*TCH!!"

Yeah, I've had this on my mind quite a bit. Blame it on ep. 5.

Now after accidentally coming across it, listening to the awesome music and trying to figure out who all the characters are I have to ask one thing,

"WTF, is 'Touhou' doing in 'Umineko?"

Once again "timing" strikes me again and has me dying as I put to rest what the buzz about in one series (and still puzzled) only to see it get a shout out in 'Umineko'. I wonder if there was anything like that in the original VNs just for fun or did they add it because it's the popular thing right now.

And all this talk about "tsurupettan". Once again another "meme" I gather.

I went back and watched the eps again and was able to make things a little more clearer to myself. But now since we're starting over now the real questions begin. The whole deal with 'George' and 'Shannon' was sweet. For once they took it easy on the fan-service. I'll admit that 'George's shirt looked like a "SHIRT" this time. Though I felt bad for 'Jessica'. But one of the things I'm noticing is that what they're revealing of characters having suspicion, I felt way back in ep. 1. But due to the way things played out I dismissed them.

Now I can see how this will play out. This will be an interesting ride.

As for 'Rosa',

Spoiler:

Man talk about some greedy bastards.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2009-08-16, 23:27   Link #282
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

It was there in the VN also. Touhou didn't exactly get its popularity in that timeframe between Umineko EP2 and its anime debut, after all...
Old 2009-08-17, 09:23   Link #283
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
It was there in the VN also. Touhou didn't exactly get its popularity in that timeframe between Umineko EP2 and its anime debut, after all...
Ah, I see. Now it's popular like crazy. Again, why I admire the Japanese. If you like something someone else has done, you give them a shout out. But talk about close connections.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2009-08-18, 22:10   Link #284
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

I think a common point between the Naku Koro Ni series and Touhou is that they're both doujin series that have "made it big", so to speak. So it makes sense that Ryu07 would have a lot of respect for ZUN's work.
Old 2009-09-18, 20:21   Link #285
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
This episode now holds the record for the fastest transition from comedic into serious without being abrupt ever with "I can't believe I don't have a boyfriend! *shriek*" into sucks to your assmar, into serious subtext about why Jessica doesn't have a boyfriend and might be jealous. That's some neat stuff.

I like how this episode gives us the chance to consider whether Shannon is in fact a seducer that is trying to cause trouble in the family like Natsuhi suggested or just a naive girl in love who doesn't know her place. She definitely seemed to want love whether or not she was socially allowed to and has no qualms about unleashing Beatrice's power over the island in order to get it, but damned if I can tell whether she has any impure intentions or not. If she does she's still hidden it really well.
Closed Thread