AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-05-05, 09:45   Link #461
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

@Sapphire

I didn't go into the nomenclature of the cards, just that it easily reflects the representative carriers of it from what we've seen. As the series goes on it may be rectified, but so far I'm just surprised at its congruence with the characters.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 19:07   Link #462
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 4:
Old 2011-05-05, 19:34   Link #463
ARQ

also of interest was Q's berserker looking mode when mikuni was about to lose. Since none of the other assets have done anything of the sort, i wonder what Q is that makes her different
ARQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 19:55   Link #464
The Real Yellow

this is one of the most interesting series so far when compare to the other on-going series
The Real Yellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 20:31   Link #465
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Off topic, but I hope the show doesn't just go up to 10 episodes as the story page suggests.
http://www.noitamina-control.jp/05story/story3.html
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-05, 20:35   Link #466
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep4:

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2011-05-05 at 21:40.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:36   Link #467
Hiro Hayase

Spoiler for ep4:

P.S. It's getting interesting now~ I wonder how Kimimaro will fight in his next battle? I expect to see more tarot card symbolism in the following episodes!

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-05-06 at 01:52.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 01:49   Link #468
Used Can

Spoiler for EP4:
Old 2011-05-06, 02:14   Link #469
doomknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Spoiler for ep4:
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Old 2011-05-06, 02:31   Link #470
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Spoiler for EP4:
Kimimaro's dad committed suicide so that the family wouldn't have to suffer for his collateral expense. That theory does make sense and your also right having "good connections" that could be the difference between a net loss or net income.

[QUOTE=doomknight;3601252]
Spoiler:

Spoiler for Ep4:

On another note, I bet Hanabi will enter the financial district sooner or later as an entrepreneur.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-05-07 at 03:08.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 05:09   Link #471
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by physics223 View Post
I think I figured something out in C: it's heavily based in tarot mysticism, but I can't defend it properly without pictures, so I elaborated here.

The credit cards reflect the personalities of the characters that possess them, and they are in synchrony with the Waite-Smith tarot deck.
i do not know that tarot mysticism but nice info you shared on your blog

as for episode 4, this episode shows what the entre will lost when they go bankrupt, the bankrupt Entre will lost everything that he spend/used the midas money for
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 06:06   Link #472
DarkLordOfkichiku

Huh, creepy episode, with the kids disappearing just because he lost . That makes it clear why many entres who lose would rather commit suicide than to go on though. It does raise an interesting issuse though: if you only lose that which you used Midas Money to gain then, if you NEVER use any of your Midas Money, would you just remain like you were before you became an entre then? Maybe not, because you suppsoedly bets your future by becoming an entre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
On another note, I bet Hanabi will enter the financial district sooner or later entrepreneur.
Quite possibly. Or maybe her boyfriend will
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 07:07   Link #473
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now that was an incredibly interesting episode. Masakaki wasn't kidding when he said he used the entre's futures as collateral. This is a hellish system, they're forcing people to either destroy someone else's life or be destroyed instead every single week. Thankfully, there is a loophole in this system, as Mikuni has shown.

Mikuni seems like a good guy so far. He and his group are planning to control the financial district in order to minimize its repercussion on the outside world. It's true that there's no telling what would happen if some as powerful as Mikuni were to go bankrupt.

And lol at the teacher basically telling Kimimaro he got NTR'd. Reminded me of all the debate here.
Old 2011-05-06, 07:19   Link #474
Jarmel

Extremely interesting. We now see the repercussions of going bankrupt and damn if it isn't serious. I thought it would be more realistic but the reality altering aspect is so much worse. I'm wondering how Mikuni becomes the villain in the show but right now he seems to be the hero.

Also I have a feeling the selling thing will come back to bite Kimimaro in the rear, viciously I might add.

It seems like whatever reason you have for fighting, you lose if you go bankrupt.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 07:35   Link #475
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
It seems like whatever reason you have for fighting, you lose if you go bankrupt.
People die if they are killed, aha
Old 2011-05-06, 08:47   Link #476
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Extremely interesting. We now see the repercussions of going bankrupt and damn if it isn't serious. I thought it would be more realistic but the reality altering aspect is so much worse. I'm wondering how Mikuni becomes the villain in the show but right now he seems to be the hero.

Also I have a feeling the selling thing will come back to bite Kimimaro in the rear, viciously I might add.

You know, I have yet to see Mikuni as the hero but I guess its due to the OP and I just don't like him. LOL. I do find him cute, though.

Yeah, when you lose, you lose your future which makes sense that you lose your life. Pretty harsh.
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 09:41   Link #477
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
I'm wondering how Mikuni becomes the villain in the show but right now he seems to be the hero..
You don't need to be a baby-eating villain in order to be the antagonist, you know . There's a load of things that could happen that'd set him in as the villain. For example, what if Kimimaro finds out aspects of Mikuni's plan that he doesn't like? Or if Mikuni should, say, bankrupt Hanabi if she becomes and entre and fights him (remember the guy from the first episode - Mikuni might not bankrupt those who are so powerful that doing so would cause huge ripples, but a nobody who would barely make any larger ripple in the real world?)?

Quote:
Possibly. Anyway, I think Mikuni either waits wants Kimimaro as a member of his group, or possibly as just a pawn. One could also possibly suspect that Mikuni wants Kimimaro as his protege or eventual successor.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 10:47   Link #478
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Soooooo..... no one is curious about the actual episode count?
SquirrelLuvsPnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 10:47   Link #479
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
You don't need to be a baby-eating villain in order to be the antagonist, you know . There's a load of things that could happen that'd set him in as the villain. For example, what if Kimimaro finds out aspects of Mikuni's plan that he doesn't like? Or if Mikuni should, say, bankrupt Hanabi if she becomes and entre and fights him (remember the guy from the first episode - Mikuni might not bankrupt those who are so powerful that doing so would cause huge ripples, but a nobody who would barely make any larger ripple in the real world?)?
Well yes a multitude of things can happen but right now Mikuni does seem to have relatively good intentions and seems to go about things pretty fairly. I'm sure if he does become the antagonist there will be a good reason behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
People die if they are killed, aha
Well I view it as some people view their life as being the thing most valuable to them thus they lose it. The Professor viewed his children as being the reason he was fighting and he lost them too.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-06, 11:04   Link #480
Forsaken_Infinity

Interesting episode.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina