AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2018-03-21, 12:19   Link #781
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Disappointed it was mostly a recap episode, but the Konohamaru and Hanabi part more than made up for it. Thinking about it, if Konohamaru married Hanabi, Naruto would really become his big brother.
Old 2018-03-28, 11:29   Link #782
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I guess this week's episode officially marks the beginning of the new arc.

You know, it's one thing that Naruto missed Boruto's birthday, but why were Hiashi and Hanabi not there either given how much they dote on him? It would have been nice to include them.
Old 2018-03-28, 14:31   Link #783
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I guess this week's episode officially marks the beginning of the new arc.

You know, it's one thing that Naruto missed Boruto's birthday, but why were Hiashi and Hanabi not there either given how much they dote on him? It would have been nice to include them.
Hmm... a village-wide conspiracy to avoid undermining Naruto's parental cred in his own home, which backfires because powerful ninja have a long, tragic history of being terrible parents?
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 15:54   Link #784
Random14

Yeah, although the anime at least has a tiny bit more concrete reason for why Naruto is so busy. Rather than just too much paperwork, he's frantically worried about investigating Kaguya and guess what Boruto bumps into. At least this one isn't impersonating people, that's the last thing they need to worry about. I just hope Konohamaru does something this time.

Funny to see Mitsuki in a party hat. I'm looking forward to the movie events but not them dialing Boruto's daddy issues up to 11. Not that Naruto's doing a great job as a father but still.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 16:09   Link #785
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm so annoyed when I see Boruto complain about his father to Sarada of all people. It's like "You've actually seen him more than once in your life. He can pick you out of a police line up and everything. Quit your belly aching."

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2018-03-29 at 00:32.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-28, 18:56   Link #786
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, Sarada is in the perfect position to tell Boruto to stop his whining, but she doesn't say anything besides "the hokage is busy, try to understand". You know, stuff he's heard a million times before.
Old 2018-03-28, 21:33   Link #787
Alhazred

It's a little different for Sarada, though. Her default level of expectation is, "I effectively have no father," but after a brief rebellious stage she came to accept the necessity of Sasuke's situation, so anytime he's there for her it's an example of him going above and beyond and she appreciates it. For better or for worse, Boruto got to grow up with Naruto there at least some of the time and thus got to experience the gradual decline of his presence over time. Both Sarada and Mitsuki's family situations are significantly more fucked up than Boruto's, but they've never experienced anything else so they may actually be quite ill-equipped to sympathize or offer emotional support.
Old 2018-03-28, 22:30   Link #788
ReddyRedWolf

Older Genin doesn't resent Team 7 for being children of the most powerful Shinobi but rather all of them being prodigies were put n the same team. The new InoShikaCho are acknowledged as prodigies by their teachers but putting those three together is tradition.

As for Naruto not being home he should really make his office and home the same place. In the real world this is done so that not only a leader of a country can spend time with his or her family but to protect them from security threats. Naruto just too damn lax believing he can give his family a suburban life.

The only reason Sakura and Sarada doesn't live at the Uchiha estate is because it is outside of where people are.

I guess Tobi didn't use Kaguya's entire stockpile of White Zetsu as even he didn't know where all of them are.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-29, 14:12   Link #789
Wandering Soul

At least the anime seems to be trying to provide a better reason as to why Naruto can't attend the party. It's still a bit iffy and won't exactly make Boruto's daddy issues easier to sit through, but there's an effort there.
Old 2018-03-29, 14:31   Link #790
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Older Genin doesn't resent Team 7 for being children of the most powerful Shinobi but rather all of them being prodigies were put n the same team. The new InoShikaCho are acknowledged as prodigies by their teachers but putting those three together is tradition.

As for Naruto not being home he should really make his office and home the same place. In the real world this is done so that not only a leader of a country can spend time with his or her family but to protect them from security threats. Naruto just too damn lax believing he can give his family a suburban life.
Boruto already feels entitled to interrupt his dad's work whenever, for whatever. The last thing you want is to make it easy for him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 14:50   Link #791
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
It's a little different for Sarada, though. Her default level of expectation is, "I effectively have no father," but after a brief rebellious stage she came to accept the necessity of Sasuke's situation, so anytime he's there for her it's an example of him going above and beyond and she appreciates it. For better or for worse, Boruto got to grow up with Naruto there at least some of the time and thus got to experience the gradual decline of his presence over time. Both Sarada and Mitsuki's family situations are significantly more fucked up than Boruto's, but they've never experienced anything else so they may actually be quite ill-equipped to sympathize or offer emotional support.
Wow now that you mention it... that makes Sarada like Naruto and Boruto like Sasuke in terms of having bonds and/or family and/or not having them at first and then losing them. That was the main ideology clash between Naruto and Sasuke back when they first fought at the final valley. I wonder if this point is going to be used later...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-31, 22:10   Link #792
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Wow now that you mention it... that makes Sarada like Naruto and Boruto like Sasuke in terms of having bonds and/or family and/or not having them at first and then losing them. That was the main ideology clash between Naruto and Sasuke back when they first fought at the final valley. I wonder if this point is going to be used later...
There is a pretty good chance of it. After all, Boruto's adolescent tsundere relationship with his father could make Naruto's potential demise sometime in the future much more impactful on Boruto than Sasuke's would be on Sarada; some parallels can be drawn to Sasuke and Itachi's relationship, though there are obviously a lot of differences as well.
Old 2018-04-04, 11:57   Link #793
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Finally, more Konohamaru action. Also, next episode is the actual first chapter of the manga! The new opening seems a bit lazy considering I think Sage Mode of the Six Paths Naruto was directly taken from the movie. I hope they improve the opening or something or the other assistant of Momoshiki
Old 2018-04-04, 12:04   Link #794
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not a big fan of the new OP and ED. I liked the previous ones better.
Old 2018-04-04, 14:24   Link #795
Random14

Yeah, the new op seems a bit weak, song and animation wise. The ending is a bit better, though I don't find it as catchy as the last one (the group scenes were cute though). And both are focused on the upcoming movie events of course.

Nice to see Konohamaru win the fight. Not looking forward to a couple of months of extra annoying Boruto, starting with that reckless stunt he pulled (I thought he would've been scolded more for that). Anyway, next time the movie officially starts, I'm looking forward to what changes (improvements?) they might add.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-04, 20:57   Link #796
ReddyRedWolf

Ah crap Boruto has really low EQ. You don't want to be treated like a kid but you are one and acting as such!

Comparably Sarada is much mature as she already got out that phase.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-05, 20:19   Link #797
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...series/.129928

Naruto, Sasuke and Shikamaru will get new light novels but as their Boruto/adult forms
Old 2018-04-05, 21:30   Link #798
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not a big fan of the new OP and ED. I liked the previous ones better.
I straight up did not like the opening. If I were to rank all the OPs in the franchise (including Naruto's and Shippuden's) I honestly feel this one would rank at the bottom.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-06, 13:23   Link #799
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I straight up did not like the opening. If I were to rank all the OPs in the franchise (including Naruto's and Shippuden's) I honestly feel this one would rank at the bottom.
I can't even say I hate it. It's just bland and there. If I hand to rank openings like you said, it would probably be at the bottom just because I'd forget all about it.
Old 2018-04-08, 09:33   Link #800
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Spoiler for Upcoming episodes' titles: