Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-13, 04:14   Link #301
KasumiGirl
The endless sky
*Graphic Designer

Final entry:

I'm really too busy with other GFX to be worrying about my entry for this. I guess this might just have to do. I know it sucks, but maybe next month i'll have more spare time. I guess his is better than not entering at all.
Old 2008-05-13, 04:18   Link #302
Simple1
Desu~ eh?
*Graphic Designer

Final Entry

Just putting this then...
Old 2008-05-13, 04:36   Link #303
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasumiGirl View Post
I'm really too busy with other GFX to be worrying about my entry for this. I guess this might just have to do. I know it sucks, but maybe next month i'll have more spare time. I guess his is better than not entering at all.
*sniff* I see how it is....

jk, I know what you mean. I've also been very busy this month. Haven't opened up PS in two weeks and barely find enough time to lurk there and make a few posts here. I doubt my entry is going to change before the due date. =\

Hopefully next month will have more breathing room.
Old 2008-05-13, 11:39   Link #304
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Yes a theme that doesn't have to be girly! Thanks Klashikiri, good choice. I guess I could enter with this? Or is it an unwritten rule that a beautiful females tears are needed? Cummon now Sasuke is nearly female!

I made this before I lost photoshop sometime ago. I'm not really into graphics anymore but I like this sig.
Old 2008-05-13, 11:44   Link #305
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakashi-san View Post
Yes a theme that doesn't have to be girly! Thanks Klashikiri, good choice. I guess I could enter with this? Or is it an unwritten rule that a beautiful females tears are needed? Cummon now Sasuke is nearly female!

Sorry, that one cannot be entered based on its size over the file limit for the forum. Sasuke is perfectly fine though.
Old 2008-05-13, 14:14   Link #306
rainbow_rena
*Artist

Quote:

I made this before I lost photoshop sometime ago. I'm not really into graphics anymore but I like this sig.
he doesnt seem in despair but this is just my OP
Old 2008-05-13, 14:25   Link #307
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Well the context is his whole family and clan got murdered by his brother. I tried to make it seem like he's nearly crying with his eyes watering up, but he came out looking somewhat happy. But I think the rain makes it fairly obvious it's a sad time. Problem being I'm finding it incredibly difficult to resize it to AS limits without making it a still image. I'll keep trying but if I can't I may just retire, still I'll let whoever's organising it (Solace?) decide if it's not reflecting despair/sorrow.
Old 2008-05-13, 14:30   Link #308
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
Which is better, this (which is my final entry btw ^^'):

or the one I'm currently using? (one of my old sigs)

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist

Last edited by Vibeke; 2008-05-17 at 04:29.
Old 2008-05-13, 15:47   Link #309
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Some minor tweeking but this is my FINAL ENTRY

Good luck to the rest of you guys

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-05-13, 17:37   Link #310
Cyz
"Show it to me"

My final entry:

-> Good luck ppl! It feels like that this contest is much longer than before.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2008-05-13, 17:45   Link #311
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Well the context is his whole family and clan got murdered by his brother. I tried to make it seem like he's nearly crying with his eyes watering up, but he came out looking somewhat happy. But I think the rain makes it fairly obvious it's a sad time. Problem being I'm finding it incredibly difficult to resize it to AS limits without making it a still image. I'll keep trying but if I can't I may just retire, still I'll let whoever's organising it (Solace?) decide if it's not reflecting despair/sorrow.
There's a few things I've noticed with many of this month's entries:

Crying and rain are probably the most common references used. However, just because someone is crying or that it is raining doesn't automatically equal something sad or despairing.

A few entries needed the contestant to explain the context. Personally I think that's an automatic fail, because people should be able to grasp such concepts merely by looking at the image.

To follow that, tragic character does not equal tragic signature. For people who have never seen that character, they would have no idea *why* that character is tragic.

In the case of the Sasuke signature, his mouth and possibly eyebrows need to be changed. He looks like he's cheering up, and this is reinforced with the Smile text. In addition, the filesize is over the limit imposed by the rules. I'm just not feeling a sad element to it, honestly.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:46   Link #312
lsley
*Graphic Designer

final entry:

Last edited by lsley; 2008-05-14 at 07:25.
Old 2008-05-13, 18:58   Link #313
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Solace beat me to it, so I'll just summarize: don't rely on the backstory of the character to bring out the emotions. People may not have watched the series or know the character, and it's also possible that the character means something different to them. I've seen enough Naruto to know about that part that you mentioned, but Sasuke doesn't represent sadness or tragedy to me - he represents intelligence and arrogance. So your signature meant something quite different to me

Recommendations for how to "fix it up": use the smuge tool to curve the edges of his mouth downward. Doing this even a little will make his expression seem more neutral, or even one of sadness. I don't think there's a whole lot more that can be adjusted, unfortunately. The eyebrows are a good area to manipulate a character's expressions with, but in that image there isn't an easy way to manipulate them. That aside, they're neutral enough that you don't need to. Curve the mouth downward and the eyebrows may contribute to the sad expression as well.

Nice work overall, though.
Old 2008-05-13, 20:38   Link #314
Hakuryu
Klutz

Final Entry~

No more...I'm tired of messing with it. This is my final entry. ;_;
Old 2008-05-13, 20:39   Link #315
nammerboi

Hmm, i was just looking over the competition this month and im seeing signatures that seem a bit boring but only spiced by the animations. Some are even unnoticable if you take a quick glance. I don't know, but I'm wondering if the animation is worth it if you're only going to make tears or something like that, instead of a composed signature with colors, depth and effects (doesn't have to be big effects.. but just a bit of filters?). I'm not putting my thumbs down for the animated signatures in the thread, but it's just something i always wondered.
Old 2008-05-13, 21:35   Link #316
EmoEgg
*Artist

I made this a long time ago but I thought it fitted the theme. Anyone want to critique? D: The tear is barely visible, but I focused more on the chains to convey the somber mood.
Old 2008-05-13, 21:48   Link #317
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Wow. Lower the file size to fit the rules and I'll add it to the entry list. Wonderful signature.
Old 2008-05-13, 23:28   Link #318
kamo

Final entry:
Old 2008-05-14, 01:53   Link #319
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Random spam in case anyone still need help for source

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa