AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 16:56   Link #141
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Blue spring has arrived for Tamaki. Lol Takuma getting jealous of Mahiro. Glad that Tamaki finally had a nice moment with him.
Old 2012-06-11, 16:59   Link #142
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

This episode is totally screaming TamakixTakuma.

Btw, I just spoiled myself by reading the entire game plot. Good Lord.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:02   Link #143
ookamigirl

The red eyed Ryo looks like a very interesting guy.
Wonder why he's been cornering Tamaki lately.
Takuma, on the other hand, has nice timing to rescue her.
Looks like that little encounter in the woods made them very serious about who and what they are actually protecting.
Nice action for a change.
Monado sure dealt with Tamaki's guardians pretty easily.
The difference in their power is really big and this way they don't stand a chance..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:51   Link #144
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Finished watching episode 12 :
Spoiler for Episode 12:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 12:53   Link #145
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol it was all a setup by Ohmi. Wonder if Kutani was talking about Shinji betraying her. Well they got a beat down again and the seal is finally broken. Looks like all hell wil break lose now that the Onikirimaru is free.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:55   Link #146
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

god its just one beat down after another...........
Old 2012-06-17, 18:06   Link #147
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
god its just one beat down after another...........
Kind of happens when you don't fight full powered.
Old 2012-06-17, 21:15   Link #148
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that is the end the guardians got there ass kick and Logos won thats Loli power

Wait there more episodes
Old 2012-06-24, 11:26   Link #149
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Second season is announced.

Anyways, I finished watching the first season :
Spoiler for Episode 13 (End):
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 11:29   Link #150
Bern-san

So we get to episode 13... The remaining 13 episodes will air in October as Hiiro no Kakera season 2
at first it was listed as 26 episodes but it looks like we'll have to wait a little bit instead of just airing all of them.

Takuma starts to release his Oni form and gets crazy, but thanks to Tamaki he managed to regain his sanity.

The granny appears and... does nothing but talking (and she didn't reveal anything interesting just that Tamaki can stop Takuma as the Tamayori-hime).

Expected the Bureau of Medicine to do something but, as always, just watched everything from the shadows. Kutani Ryou wants the sword to be destroyed so hopefully he'll play a major role in 2nd season?

Interesting the visions that characters saw. So the Oomi's mother committed suicide? At least it gave me that impression. Eins holding a dead woman, Zwei just killing people, Drei being Drei and Mahiro in a lake. Hope we discover more about those visions and if there's a reason why didn't see the other's visions
Old 2012-06-24, 11:40   Link #151
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

So here we are at the end of the first season, and a second season is announced for Fall.

This episode has that annoying feeling like I just got to the end of a visual novel's first and least interesting route, the one where the hero romances the most obvious girl (or in this case, the heroine romances the most obvious guy! ) and 75% of the interesting stuff is left unexplained (see, e.g.Fate/stay night with "Fate" and Tsukihime with the Arcueid route).

Now, of course, since there's a second season, this could only be the jumping-off point, as the Logos regroup, Drei's personal agenda is finally revealed, the Ministry of Health starts its scheming, and the like. In that case, things could get good in a hurry.

But the main reason I've stuck with this series for so long is the simple fact that time and time again, it's been asking questions and providing no answers. Questions like:

1) Why won't Baba-sama ever tell Tamaki anything useful at all?
2) What, exactly, is it about the Shugogo guardians that makes them "beasts"?
3) How did that Oni get into Takuma, anyway?
4) What is Logos?
5) What does it mean that Aria is the "Monado" of Logos?
6) What is Drei's personal agenda?
7) What is the Ministry of Health up to?
8) What is Sixth Guy's connection to the whole thing?
9) What's up with the Shinji/Mitsuru romance and why does it seem like Shinji's duty as a guardian spikes it?
10) Why does Eins seem like he wants to have Takuma get stronger? Is it just raw macho-ness shining through ("I must fight a worthy opponent!") or is it something more?
11) When Mahiro keeps calling Zwei a shinigami, does he mean it in some literal fashion, or is just a mark of how creepy Zwei is?
12) Just who is Mitsuru anyway, and what's her role in all this?
13) And yet again, WHY IS BABA-SAMA SO DAMN INTENTIONALLY UNHELPFUL?

Okay, sure, the answer to many of those questions could just be "bad writing" and "we wanted to make it seem like there was depth here" but knowing VN-based anime, it's usually the case that there are answers to questions like that even if we're not going to get them.

So, does anyone with familiarity with the source material know if we're right now just at a halfway point, or if the second season is going to be by default a second route?

On a more positive note, oni-Takuma was kind of cool, and it's neat to see Tamaki wake up and do things. Thus far, I haven't disliked Tamaki as a heroine--she's not sloughing off her responsibilities or whining about being normal or any of that nonsense, it's just that thus far she's basically been useless because she had no way to use her powers and, really, no idea what those powers even were--but these things were in no way her fault.

(Speaking of which, it's too bad she couldn't use the Tamayori-hime ability she shows in this episode as an offensive weapon. That would be mildly awesome, being able to seal off an enemy's supernatural abilities so that, say, Drei stops being a powerful magician and starts being an old guy with a stick:

Eins: Is this all you have, Takuma? Only with power can you achieve anything!
Tamaki: *zap*
Eins: *sound of receiving fist to face*
Takuma: I don't need to find "more strength" when my girlfriend/boss can give you "weakness" instead. )
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 12:52   Link #152
ookamigirl

This is really starting to annoy me.
These guys are pathetic. Every time they lose the fight.
It's nice watching them fight, but I'd be nicer watching them win for a change.
Interesting how Takuma awakened before Tamaki.
So far, this was the best episode of them all.
I think visual novel is probably way better than this anime..

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 13:43   Link #153
melina_putri

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
So here we are at the end of the first season, and a second season is announced for Fall.

This episode has that annoying feeling like I just got to the end of a visual novel's first and least interesting route, the one where the hero romances the most obvious girl (or in this case, the heroine romances the most obvious guy! ) and 75% of the interesting stuff is left unexplained (see, e.g.Fate/stay night with "Fate" and Tsukihime with the Arcueid route).

Now, of course, since there's a second season, this could only be the jumping-off point, as the Logos regroup, Drei's personal agenda is finally revealed, the Ministry of Health starts its scheming, and the like. In that case, things could get good in a hurry.

But the main reason I've stuck with this series for so long is the simple fact that time and time again, it's been asking questions and providing no answers. Questions like:

1) Why won't Baba-sama ever tell Tamaki anything useful at all?
2) What, exactly, is it about the Shugogo guardians that makes them "beasts"?
3) How did that Oni get into Takuma, anyway?
4) What is Logos?
5) What does it mean that Aria is the "Monado" of Logos?
6) What is Drei's personal agenda?
7) What is the Ministry of Health up to?
8) What is Sixth Guy's connection to the whole thing?
9) What's up with the Shinji/Mitsuru romance and why does it seem like Shinji's duty as a guardian spikes it?
10) Why does Eins seem like he wants to have Takuma get stronger? Is it just raw macho-ness shining through ("I must fight a worthy opponent!") or is it something more?
11) When Mahiro keeps calling Zwei a shinigami, does he mean it in some literal fashion, or is just a mark of how creepy Zwei is?
12) Just who is Mitsuru anyway, and what's her role in all this?
13) And yet again, WHY IS BABA-SAMA SO DAMN INTENTIONALLY UNHELPFUL?

Okay, sure, the answer to many of those questions could just be "bad writing" and "we wanted to make it seem like there was depth here" but knowing VN-based anime, it's usually the case that there are answers to questions like that even if we're not going to get them.

So, does anyone with familiarity with the source material know if we're right now just at a halfway point, or if the second season is going to be by default a second route?

On a more positive note, oni-Takuma was kind of cool, and it's neat to see Tamaki wake up and do things. Thus far, I haven't disliked Tamaki as a heroine--she's not sloughing off her responsibilities or whining about being normal or any of that nonsense, it's just that thus far she's basically been useless because she had no way to use her powers and, really, no idea what those powers even were--but these things were in no way her fault.

(Speaking of which, it's too bad she couldn't use the Tamayori-hime ability she shows in this episode as an offensive weapon. That would be mildly awesome, being able to seal off an enemy's supernatural abilities so that, say, Drei stops being a powerful magician and starts being an old guy with a stick:

Eins: Is this all you have, Takuma? Only with power can you achieve anything!
Tamaki: *zap*
Eins: *sound of receiving fist to face*
Takuma: I don't need to find "more strength" when my girlfriend/boss can give you "weakness" instead. )
We are at halfway point and your questions will be answered in the 2nd half, assuming the studio follow the VN story. Also, 2nd half is where things also start getting interesting in the VN.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 13:57   Link #154
Bern-san

@DezoPenguin Oh don't worry, you'll hate Baba-sama and Mitsuru even more in the 2nd season
Old 2012-06-24, 14:38   Link #155
j4c06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
The granny appears and... does nothing but talking
Well, she took the sword away after the dust settled
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 15:35   Link #156
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina_putri View Post
We are at halfway point and your questions will be answered in the 2nd half, assuming the studio follow the VN story. Also, 2nd half is where things also start getting interesting in the VN.
Excellent. The sword getting unsealed makes for a good "things start changing now" break point. And truly, I've been interested all along--you'll notice that I haven't been whining about "useless Tamaki" or anything like that; it's not her fault she can't suddenly use all these magical powers that no one ever told her she had to do something that no one will tell her what's supposed to happen. If we're only at the halfway point of the story, things are fine--groundwork has been laid, questions have been asked, and there's good reason why answers have been slow in coming. Kind of like Fate/zero, where really not a lot happens in the first thirteen episodes and there's a lot more talking than buttkicking. So long as Ep. 13 isn't supposed to be some kind of "ending," then I'm happy to come back in the fall for more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
@DezoPenguin Oh don't worry, you'll hate Baba-sama and Mitsuru even more in the 2nd season
You know, if she'd just turn out to be evil or something I'd actually hate her less, because then she'd have good reasons for being as unhelpful as possible.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 20:15   Link #157
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Hopefully they develop Yuuichi, Shinji, Suguru and Ryo in season 2.
KleenexGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 21:15   Link #158
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh now waiting tell fall to watch more but Takuma look so cool with red eyes and that oni arm
Old 2012-06-29, 17:11   Link #159
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

I guess some people might like this news, it's now licensed by Sentai Filmworks:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...akera-tv-anime
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:09   Link #160
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh Sentai what dont you get but it is a good pick

Tags
fantasy, hiiro no kakera, idea factory, otome, shoujo, studio deen