AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-08-30, 19:46   Link #21
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Say what you want, but "A Decepticon Raider in King Arthur's Court" was one of the original cartoon's best and most memorable episodes. I'm all for taking inspiration from G1.
Old 2016-08-30, 21:01   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
^Ever think that Merlin (if that is where the movie is going) might be a scientist that uses Cybertronian tech and makes everyone think it's magic? And maybe what they called Dragons and other magical creatures were actually Cybertronians. And, as it has been said before in the movies that Transformers have visited Earth since ancient times and have been part of shaping human history and technological advancement, the story in the movies might not be the best but it's all there to make the pretty easy connections without the need to jump to "time travel".
Well, did you notice the question marks all over my comments? I posted that because I’m not sure about anything yet, and I’m not judging the product before it being made. And believe it or not, I also want this movie to be good, or at least a good enjoyable fun considering all the award-winning brain-cells involved in making the script. AoE is a giant torture to watch (thank god I didn’t see it in theaters) that it almost killed the remaining enthusiasm I got for the Bayformers which started sparking again after DotM. Yet many Bayformers fans argued that AoE is the best entry in the series. *shaking my head in disbelief*
Old 2016-12-06, 03:17   Link #23
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

We have a teaser:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-12-06, 04:56   Link #24
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

00:12 Mecha-King Ghidorah crossover confirmed.
Old 2016-12-06, 23:07   Link #25
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i am not sure that was supposed to be Unicron or Gobotron (the home world of the Gobots) or both......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 12:33   Link #26
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

*sigh* Looks like Optimus is the new Sentinel...

I thought he was "reprogrammed" courtesy of this "maker", but it seems that he still made that choice consciously.
Old 2017-04-12, 23:25   Link #27
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
*sigh* Looks like Optimus is the new Sentinel...

I thought he was "reprogrammed" courtesy of this "maker", but it seems that he still made that choice consciously.
Assuming we're seeing things as they are in the movie, it looks like his eyes are changing as he's responding, so there's probably some mindfuckery going on.
Old 2017-04-13, 21:12   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

These transformer movies plot doesn't make sense anymore. They keep retconing when the Cybertronians first came to Earth and who created them.
Old 2017-04-14, 00:06   Link #29
B214

They're preparing for a crossover with G. I. Joe.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 00:52   Link #30
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Michael Bay is (supposedly) done after this movie, so I'm sorta hoping they just do a universal reset ending for this movie. I know that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth usually... but it's severely needed here, and G.I. Joe is already confirmed to get a reboot instead of using the old movie's universe.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-14, 05:59   Link #31
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam View Post
Michael Bay is (supposedly) done after this movie, so I'm sorta hoping they just do a universal reset ending for this movie. I know that leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth usually... but it's severely needed here, and G.I. Joe is already confirmed to get a reboot instead of using the old movie's universe.
Let's hope that if we get a full reset on Transformers, we get to go back to something more like G1, both in design and setting. I always liked the idea of our Autobots and Decepticons having been stuck on Earth for millions of years while things on Cybertron only got worse, nearly making their whole reason for leaving moot. And of course the G1 designs were so iconic. Much better than this over-complex CG mess.
Old 2017-04-14, 06:26   Link #32
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Let's hope that if we get a full reset on Transformers, we get to go back to something more like G1, both in design and setting. I always liked the idea of our Autobots and Decepticons having been stuck on Earth for millions of years while things on Cybertron only got worse, nearly making their whole reason for leaving moot. And of course the G1 designs were so iconic. Much better than this over-complex CG mess.
The sad thing is, reboot won't happen as long as Bayformers movies make fucktons of dough. And with Paramount being in dire need of money after a long string of duds movies these past years, they're not gonna take "unnecessary risk" of rebooting the formula that's been giving them billions.

That said, I actually don't hate the movie's designs. Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Jazz, Ratchet, Arcee, Sideswipe, Megatron, Barricade, Brawl, Soundwave (the satellite ver.), Ravage, Laserbeak, Dinobots, etc look good. They just need more colors, more unique features and more solid & simple outer armors to make it better. It's a crying shame that the sequels' stories & direction suck Devastator balls coz I think the first Bayformers was a brilliant introductory movie (partly thanks to Steven Spielberg who reined Bay in before he let him loose on the sequels).

Edit:
And why the hell Optimus, Megatron & other transformers resort to mostly fighting and carrying melee weapons like medieval warriors since the climax of movie 4? Where are their advanced ranged weaponry that can take out a US military base with only few shots? Where are their jamming capabilities and sonic/EMP blast go since the first movie? We need more cannons, blasters, missiles, and lasers wielded by the transformers, not medieval weapons. This is not Iron-Blooded Orphans (cool series, btw).

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2017-04-14 at 06:41.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-17, 09:19   Link #33
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Latest Trailer:
YouTube

All I got to say is: we got ourselves a Parts-former .
*Those who are familiar with Gunpla should get the joke*
Old 2017-06-04, 07:55   Link #34
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The Transformers Movies Keep Getting Weirder
Old 2017-06-04, 09:17   Link #35
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Edit:
And why the hell Optimus, Megatron & other transformers resort to mostly fighting and carrying melee weapons like medieval warriors since the climax of movie 4? Where are their advanced ranged weaponry that can take out a US military base with only few shots? Where are their jamming capabilities and sonic/EMP blast go since the first movie? We need more cannons, blasters, missiles, and lasers wielded by the transformers, not medieval weapons. This is not Iron-Blooded Orphans (cool series, btw).
Why do Gundams carry sword/maces/beam swords/lances/beam scythes/knives and shileds when they can just infinitely spam giantic beams or conventional ammo at each other?

Because close combat is cool as fuck.

I don't get why you would complain about one while defending the other like it makes more sense when both are guilty of the same exact thing.
Old 2017-06-08, 04:11   Link #36
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Why do Gundams carry sword/maces/beam swords/lances/beam scythes/knives and shileds when they can just infinitely spam giantic beams or conventional ammo at each other?

Because close combat is cool as fuck.

I don't get why you would complain about one while defending the other like it makes more sense when both are guilty of the same exact thing.
I somehow missed your reply all this time.

As for reasons for my beef with Bayformers, there are a couple:
  • Consistency: the transformers are first shown in the first movie with advanced weaponry that’s ranging from radar & communication jamming to arm-plasma cannon that can wipe out an entire US base in the opening scene alone. Yes, they also have melee & close combat weapons for when they can’t use their guns, just like the Gundams. Still, it’s established in every Gundam series that their guns & cannons can ran out of ammo, while Bumblebee’s arm-cannon seems to be able to function as long as it’s not destroyed which should be an indication of energy-based weapons of the other transformers. So, why not keep using them? IIRC Optimus had two big guns, one used bullet while the other is energy-based. That’s part of the reasons why I like TF1 and tolerate TF2 & TF3.
  • It becomes even sillier when the villains actually bend to the plot and somehow forgot that they have ranged weapons earlier in the story. One example of that is Lockdown in TF4 who didn’t use his head-cannon and his other ranged weapons to its utmost potential and lost to the “Knight” Optimus and a bunch of humans in close combat, and finally killed by a sword just for plot’s sake. Just…why?
In Gundams, most MS pilots almost always use ranged weapons first and resort to melee weapons only when they can't use the ranged anymore. Heck, there are Gundams which are specialized for ranged battles and have little to no melee weapons such as: Gundam Heavyarms, Gundam Leopard, Buster Gundam, Stargazer Gundam, etc. They're proofs that the Gundam universe treat ranged-weapons seriously. Of course there are exceptions like Gundam Epyon that uses its special whip & uber-energy saber, and also all the MSs in IBO that prioritized the more effective ranged weapons because their universe is made that way from the start, unlike Bayformers.
Old 2017-06-08, 05:36   Link #37
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I somehow missed your reply all this time.

As for reasons for my beef with Bayformers, there are a couple:
  • Consistency: the transformers are first shown in the first movie with advanced weaponry that’s ranging from radar & communication jamming to arm-plasma cannon that can wipe out an entire US base in the opening scene alone. Yes, they also have melee & close combat weapons for when they can’t use their guns, just like the Gundams. Still, it’s established in every Gundam series that their guns & cannons can ran out of ammo, while Bumblebee’s arm-cannon seems to be able to function as long as it’s not destroyed which should be an indication of energy-based weapons of the other transformers. So, why not keep using them? IIRC Optimus had two big guns, one used bullet while the other is energy-based. That’s part of the reasons why I like TF1 and tolerate TF2 & TF3.
A Watsonian explanation as to the lack of energy-based weaponry might be the effect it has on the Transformers' own internal batteries/sparks/Energon supply. They probably can't sacrifice too much of it (unless they want to turn into a cranky arthritis-ridden, Jetfire-like bot) and kinetic/chemical-type weaponry is probably more economical.

The extradiegetic (Doylist, if you wish) explanation is that it simply looks cooler. If it's just a pew-pew-pew ballet, viewers will get bored. Shooter scenes tend to be less gripping than the more visceral grapples such as the forest battle in TF2.

Quote:
  • It becomes even sillier when the villains actually bend to the plot and somehow forgot that they have ranged weapons earlier in the story. One example of that is Lockdown in TF4 who didn’t use his head-cannon and his other ranged weapons to its utmost potential and lost to the “Knight” Optimus and a bunch of humans in close combat, and finally killed by a sword just for plot’s sake. Just…why?
To be fair, that head-cannon looks awfully awkward to use in CQB. It's a standoff weapon (a railgun from the looks of it) and the fact that it literally covers Lockdown's head (and his optics) in order to be fired probably also implies a loss of general awareness/viewrange (like looking through a straw - it literally causes tunnel vision). As for his grenades, I guess he can't use them without risking collateral damage or unless he's on an elevated position (like that factory scene where he kills Wahlberg's associate) and out of harm's way to begin with.
Old 2017-06-08, 22:30   Link #38
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
The extradiegetic (Doylist, if you wish) explanation is that it simply looks cooler. If it's just a pew-pew-pew ballet, viewers will get bored. Shooter scenes tend to be less gripping than the more visceral grapples such as the forest battle in TF2.
A "pew-pew ballet" would be a lot more interesting if the sound effects guys in the Bayformers movies were half as original as the ones in the G1 cartoon series. I so very much miss the sound of Optimus' ion blaster...
Old 2017-06-16, 02:55   Link #39
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

If you ever had a problem with the movies' "Earth was visited by Transformers before" lore, especially the way they keep adding these past meetings with every new movie, wait until you read this article that summarizes human-transformer history, it'll probably cause seizures or Tourette syndrome fits.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-completel...rth-1796111467

And, of course, spoiler warning!
Old 2017-06-21, 01:56   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Here’s a review from a critic who actually knows how to have fun with Bayformers. But even he said that BF5 is the first Bayformers movie that is dull:

Spoiler for saving space: