AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-12-02, 02:20   Link #21341
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Well yeah, I can do "epic themes," I guess, but I'm up for some nice clean rhythm guitar backing up some MIDI stuff. I think if you listen close, you'll hear some clean guitar playing under a lot more VN songs than you might think, particularly the more high budget ones. But yeah, I'm up for whatever you need.

I'm just not a fan of gender bending in general, I don't follow it or care for it for any series, you know what I mean? I don't really dislike it either, I just don't care for it XD I said I don't like fan fiction quality writing, does that make sense? Just boring "what if" stuff, rather than actually trying new things and not just trying to please one's self. I think what you've wrote here is very interesting, so yeah, just nevermind what I've said XD I'll leave the writing to you guys I guess, hm? I really like your paths/choices. Very creative and fun.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 02:25   Link #21342
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
Well yeah, I can do "epic themes," I guess, but I'm up for some nice clean rhythm guitar backing up some MIDI stuff. I think if you listen close, you'll hear some clean guitar playing under a lot more VN songs than you might think, particularly the more high budget ones. But yeah, I'm up for whatever you need.
Hmm. Well, we'd be glad to have you, since we need all the help we can get, although to use you in the first place we need a goddamn composer first.

...Have any other musical friends who like Haruhi? >_>

Quote:
I'm just not a fan of gender bending in general, I don't follow it or care for it for any series, you know what I mean? I don't really dislike it either, I just don't care for it XD
We're using the original cast too, you do realize, right? In fact, I'd say that, although the genderbent characters are more important, they get less focus than the main cast does.

Quote:
I said I don't like fan fiction quality writing, does that make sense? Just boring "what if" stuff, rather than actually trying new things and not just trying to please one's self. I think what you've wrote here is very interesting, so yeah, just nevermind what I've said XD I'll leave the writing to you guys I guess, hm? I really like your paths/choices. Very creative and fun.
I'd be very flattered if you'd actually read through the whole thing. Some of the later scenes, particularly on Day 3, are the ones I'm really proud of And yes, I understand what you mean by "fanfiction quality" writing... although this is fanfiction, I'd like to at least think I'm a little better than most of the denizens of ff.net.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 05:15   Link #21343
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
You've come up with a plot that isn't "These two hook up; everyone else either dies, doesn't do anything, or gives up in an incredibly OOC manner." I'd say you're already better than the majority of fanfics out there.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 15:17   Link #21344
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
You've come up with a plot that isn't "These two hook up; everyone else either dies, doesn't do anything, or gives up in an incredibly OOC manner." I'd say you're already better than the majority of fanfics out there.
And this is one of the many reasons why we love Kaisos.
Old 2009-12-02, 16:16   Link #21345
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
^ Everyone (at least those who post here anyway) loves him XD
Old 2009-12-02, 17:05   Link #21346
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

I'm sorry, I don't really know any composers (at least none suited for VN songs). If you really can't come up with anything/anyone, I can write some simple calm guitar songs, the type of stuff you might hear in a typical Kyoani image song.

I'm sure if you search around enough you'll be able to find some sites with people that would be willing to help out, mh?
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 03:16   Link #21347
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

JUN MAEDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

would be awesome.

If only.

*sigh*
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:53   Link #21348
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

One could simply remix the current songs instead...
Old 2009-12-03, 16:54   Link #21349
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Where's the fun in that?
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 21:31   Link #21350
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Techno in all songs?
Old 2009-12-03, 23:26   Link #21351
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Uh... Yeah... Sure...? =)

Too lazy for emoticons

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 02:37   Link #21352
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

The songs are limited (unless one can... split the song and the music... like Asakura's music and the like)
Old 2009-12-05, 03:38   Link #21353
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm going to get carpal tunnel.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Haruhi: Streets of Nishinomiya- Mysterious Event:

Enjoy. By the way, 19 is the max number of Haruhi points one can get.

As for music...

For Day 0, I can just use the original music from the anime. Nothing new or needed there.

I really want to get my hands on that epic theme from the end of E8, though...

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-12-05 at 04:33.
Old 2009-12-05, 04:13   Link #21354
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm going to get carpal tunnel.

Spoiler for September the Sixth, Day 5, Haruhi: Streets of Nishinomiya- Mysterious Event:

Enjoy. By the way, 19 is the max number of Haruhi points one can get.

As for music...

For Day 0, I can just use the original music from the anime. Nothing new or needed there.

I really want to get my hands on that epic theme from the end of E8, though...
"I'd like to thank the Academy" ...! : D Great job! Well-written. These are the instalments I like best; I'm looking forward to more.
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 04:54   Link #21355
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
snip...

It was an excellent light romp with Haruhi. He should be happy Haruhi didn't take him dumpster diving to look for mysterious events.

Still, some stuff...
Quote:

Kyon's answer here doesn't really sound like a refusal, or a proper reply.

Quote:

That's a great line. Realizing that you haven't done your best when you put yourself into the path of certain death.

Last edited by otai; 2009-12-05 at 05:06.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 05:08   Link #21356
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Kyon's answer here doesn't really sound like a refusal, or a proper reply.
There's nothing to decipher, which is his point; they're just really poorly carved characters that look almost alien just because of how bad they are.

Kyon reads them to her, out loud, and she ignores him because it's more fun if she pretends they're code for something else... although, what they actually say is mysterious enough. Which is the whole joke.

Quote:
That's a great line. Realizing that you haven't done your best when you put yourself into the path of certain death.
The quickly-becoming-a-running-joke is that Kyon can dodge anything if properly motivated. He's like Claire Stanfield but less psychotic.

Except when pitted against a truck. Trucks are his one weakness.

Edit: On a rewatch, he DID dodge the truck... he only got hit by the firework... that he was holding.

I guess he really CAN dodge anything.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2009-12-05 at 05:18.
Old 2009-12-05, 05:23   Link #21357
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
There's nothing to decipher, which is his point; they're just really poorly carved characters that look almost alien just because of how bad they are.

Kyon reads them to her, out loud, and she ignores him because it's more fun if she pretends they're code for something else... although, what they actually say is mysterious enough. Which is the whole joke.
Ok, I think I get it now. I was imagining a hidden code that Haruhi wants to find like the insane wall scribblings of John Nash in A Beautiful Mind.

Quote:
The quickly-becoming-a-running-joke is that Kyon can dodge anything if properly motivated. He's like Claire Stanfield but less psychotic.

Except when pitted against a truck. Trucks are his one weakness.

Edit: On a rewatch, he DID dodge the truck... he only got hit by the firework... that he was holding.

I guess he really CAN dodge anything.
EDIT : He can dodge anything except Haruhi's tackles then. Including earlier this day, she managed to tackle him later in Editor in Chief.

Also...
Quote:

So close, Haruhi. So close.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 05:34   Link #21358
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I rewatched the last episode of Haruhi-chan... the final lines are incredibly appropriate for what we're doing.

"So what is the genre of this game, anyway?"

"...A love story?"

"But so far, I'm seeing blood in every part of it."

Quote:
Ok, I think I get it now. I was imagining a hidden code that Haruhi wants to find like the insane wall scribblings of John Nash in A Beautiful Mind.
Well, that IS what she's looking for... not that there's any there to find, but...

Quote:
EDIT : He can dodge anything except Haruhi's tackles then. Including earlier this day, she managed to tackle him later in Editor in Chief.
So Haruhi is his one weakness.

...That's very fitting.
Old 2009-12-05, 12:45   Link #21359
GDB

Not too much to say about this scene. Really liked it, and glad that Kyon gets to have a blackout in front of Haruhi. I can so see her thinking he's being a dick to her at first, and then quickly escalate into a panic when he stops responding to her.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-05, 19:00   Link #21360
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Quote:

Haruhi: Yes it does. Anyway, you can have these back; I appreciate the gift, but I don't want your old crap, Kyon.

She moves to put the headphones back on my head.

Kyon: Hey, Haruhi, wait! Don't do--

FLASH.
and Kyon turns to a girl ... kidding (it'll probably sound like a flashbang...)

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan