AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2014-11-24, 21:15   Link #681
escimo
Paparazzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Knight View Post
Which is the one that you like?
Now, I can't really bring myself to fathom why you used your apparently formidable skills in necromancy to summon this thread from its resting place just inches above the deepest and darkest depths of oblivion (and me with it) to ask me this. But since you did allow me to respond with an unnecessarily convoluted answer...

I haven't really formed a firm opinion on character styles by generation, assuming this is what you're referring to. I prefer considering visual character design in context. Say Ergo Proxy wouldn't have worked with characters styled in a Lucky Star -esque way and vice versa, although the result might have been interesting and amusing in both cases. Character design that supports the content and overall style of the anime is good character design. I generally find myself gravitating towards slightly less exaggerated style which none of the examples really represent, aforementioned Ergo Proxy and Satoshi Kon (Madhouse) animes to give a few examples.

Now as for the animes from different decades... Forgive me my heresy but I think anime in general benefited from the increase of production values seen in 90s and 00s. At least in my lay opinion, a wider spectrum of styles were employed for a while. As of late I haven't really kept up what's going on with new animes but over the latter half of 00s and early 10s the charecter design seemed to be homogenizing and generalizing. Since you took K-On! as an example I must confess that I've never been a huge fan of KyoAni's (or Key/KyoAni for that matter) style.

So in the end I didn't even answer the question which was an reasonably simple multiple choice to begin with. **** happens.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-09, 17:47   Link #682
escimo
Paparazzi

Here's an act of necromancy in many ways.

Almost two and a half years since I last posted any creations.

Anyway I was dabbling with electronic music production some 13-15 years ago. I got a few half decent pieces done but found myself quite limited by the fact that I was using trackers like Impulse Tracker and ModPlug so in the end I lost inspiration. Couple of months ago I bought Logic Pro and gave it another go. Here are the first results.

An album of 13 tracks in various genres of electronica.
All tracks are available for download in AAC format.

Enjoy!

Somewhere Where the Stars Are Born playlist on SoundCloud

Last edited by escimo; 2016-03-21 at 03:17.
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote