AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-10-29, 17:50   Link #1
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Help with setting up new PC

So a week ago I upgraded to Win 7 like a lot of other people, and I downloaded the newest CCCP... I've always used ZP in the past, but the latest CCCP doesn't have it? So anyways, I went and downloaded the basic (free) version from their website but whenever I use it to play media files the picture looks really poor and jaggy. From another thread it seems like it's a video renderer issue, namely that I'm not using EVR, but I don't see that option anywhere in ZP? So does the basic version not support that? If I download one of the other versions will it support evr? But then aren't those ones you have to pay for?

I've tried using MPC in the past but I didn't really like it... mainly due to the (apparent) lack of playlist support, or at least easily accessible support like in ZP.

So can anyone help me out here? Am I just missing something in MPC to make easy playlists? Or am I missing something in ZP for setting EVR rendering besides buying one of the versions?

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Old 2009-10-29, 18:52   Link #2
Hijiroku
Heil Mein Fuhrer

Try using winamp
Old 2009-10-29, 21:11   Link #3
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

You can try SMPlayer... SMPlayer uses mplayer instead of directshow codecs, which CCCP codecs use, so it doesn't need any directshow codecs and should work without any problems...

Also, it have ability to make playlists too.
Old 2009-10-31, 00:36   Link #4
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Winamp didn't work for me... haven't tried that SMPlayer thing yet though.

Anyone have any other ideas or know if it's possible/how to setup a playlist in MPC?

Old 2009-10-31, 06:52   Link #5
emptyeighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Winamp didn't work for me... haven't tried that SMPlayer thing yet though.

Anyone have any other ideas or know if it's possible/how to setup a playlist in MPC?
View -> Playlist or Ctrl + 7.

Quote:
I don't see that option anywhere in ZP? So does the basic version not support that?
I'm not familiar with newer ZP's, but the option should certainly be there. Maybe you have to toggle advanced view now.

Even the basic version of ZP is only trialware now, so it will run out on you after a while.
Old 2009-10-31, 15:55   Link #6
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyeighty View Post
View -> Playlist or Ctrl + 7.
Ok, that works... drag and drop support for adding files to it?

Quote:
I'm not familiar with newer ZP's, but the option should certainly be there. Maybe you have to toggle advanced view now.

Even the basic version of ZP is only trialware now, so it will run out on you after a while.
I was in advanced view so that wasn't it. However, learning that even the basic is trialware now makes me sad. I really did enjoy using it but I am not paying for something (especially that doesn't even work right) when there are free alternatives that DO work.

On that note... Subtitle menu is grayed out when I right click in MPC? It's not a huge deal since directvobsub (or whatever) loads in my taskbar so I can use it to toggle between subs (or turn them on if the encoder was bad/stupid and turned them OFF by default) but thats another annoyance there... anyone have any ideas? Or know a way to easily remux (I think?) files to toggle subs on by default?

Old 2009-11-01, 02:32   Link #7
emptyeighty

Quote:
Ok, that works... drag and drop support for adding files to it?
Dunno what you mean. Drag&Drop works here with the latest CCCP's MPC-HC (v1.3.1281.0)

Quote:
I was in advanced view so that wasn't it. However, learning that even the basic is trialware now makes me sad. I really did enjoy using it but I am not paying for something (especially that doesn't even work right) when there are free alternatives that DO work.
That's pretty much the reason why it was dropped from CCCP.

Quote:
On that note... Subtitle menu is grayed out when I right click in MPC? It's not a huge deal since directvobsub (or whatever) loads in my taskbar so I can use it to toggle between subs (or turn them on if the encoder was bad/stupid and turned them OFF by default) but thats another annoyance there... anyone have any ideas? Or know a way to easily remux (I think?) files to toggle subs on by default?
I think that menu is for DVD subs, and ZP basic doesn't support DVD playback.
Old 2009-11-01, 22:24   Link #8
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Quote:
Dunno what you mean. Drag&Drop works here with the latest CCCP's MPC-HC (v1.3.1281.0)
I was asking if that how you added files to the playlist or if there was also some other way.

Quote:
That's pretty much the reason why it was dropped from CCCP.
Makes sense, I thought I read something about them dropping it due to it not being developed anymore, but it also makes sense if it isn't free and basic isn't supporting evr

Quote:
I think that menu is for DVD subs, and ZP basic doesn't support DVD playback.
Do you mean in MPC? Because in the ZP basic that I was using for years before this that menu always worked fine. However, like I said, in MPC whenever I right-click to bring up those menus subtitles is grayed out, even when I know there are soft subs and multiple tracks. I haven't checked anything with audio yet, though that menu is at least not grayed out.

Edit: Ok, I did some tweaking and messed with some settings and the subtitle menu isn't grayed out now, and directvobsub isn't loading (the hali media splitter is now) but I can still only change subtitles from the taskbar icon and not in the player itself. The menu is there but it isn't showing all the sub options... (and yes, I know that the file I'm testing has multiple sub tracks)

Last edited by Cynor; 2009-11-01 at 23:15.
Old 2009-11-02, 13:46   Link #9
emptyeighty

Quote:
I was asking if that how you added files to the playlist or if there was also some other way.
File -> Open File, check "Add to playlist without opening".

Quote:
Do you mean in MPC? Because in the ZP basic that I was using for years before this that menu always worked fine. However, like I said, in MPC whenever I right-click to bring up those menus subtitles is grayed out, even when I know there are soft subs and multiple tracks. I haven't checked anything with audio yet, though that menu is at least not grayed out.

Edit: Ok, I did some tweaking and messed with some settings and the subtitle menu isn't grayed out now, and directvobsub isn't loading (the hali media splitter is now) but I can still only change subtitles from the taskbar icon and not in the player itself. The menu is there but it isn't showing all the sub options... (and yes, I know that the file I'm testing has multiple sub tracks)
Now i get what you mean. That is greyed out in MPC because CCCP doesn't use MPC-HC's internal subtitle renderer for various reasons. To switch subs either use right click -> Navigate -> Subtitle language or right click the Haali splitter icon in systray (as you know already).

You should probably do a reset settings in CCCP settings, 2nd page, to get default settings back.
Old 2009-11-02, 19:08   Link #10
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage

Thanks, now I got it all set up and working right... and I know how to do everything my preferred way lol.