AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2014-08-09, 11:15   Link #1681
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukulelembo View Post
- there will be also the new scene of conversation between Kirei and Gilgamesh.
I'm sure some will find this to be blasphemous pandering to the viewers coming from Zero, but I don't care, Kirei and Gil's relationship was criminally underexposed in F/SN, and I'm glad we'll get new glorious interactions between them. Long live Team Yuetsu.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 11:18   Link #1682
GDB

It, along with Saber never mentioning or thinking about Irisviel (for obvious reasons, of course) are the two main things that made FSN feel lacking after Fate/Zero was a thing.

Also, not surprised at all that Takeuchi was upset that the Fate route wasn't being animated. He's the #1 Saber fanboy, after all. He pimps her out more than TypeMoon themselves.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 11:21   Link #1683
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
I'm sure some will find this to be blasphemous pandering to the viewers coming from Zero
Obviously.

Not that I was looking forward to it (nor do I hate it) but I feel it does fit with trying to fit in UBW with FZ.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 11:28   Link #1684
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It, along with Saber never mentioning or thinking about Irisviel (for obvious reasons, of course) are the two main things that made FSN feel lacking after Fate/Zero was a thing.
There is a small scene in Fate, when Ilya, Saber and Shirou have lunch, where it seems like Saber is thinking about Iri when she looks at Ilya's face. But yes, other than that, Saber never makes any vague remarks about Iri for, as you've said, obvious reasons.

Spoiler for Fate Day 12:
Lorhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 11:45   Link #1685
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Some info:

- original scenes that complement the content of the original story are fully written by Nasu.
- there will be scenes that that switch on the point of view other than Shiro's.
- there will be also the new scene of conversation between Kirei and Gilgamesh.
- a new scene for those who know "Fate/Zero" which subtly ties both work together.
- Takeuchi wanted them to adapt all routes, now is pissed that Saber's route didn't get anime.
LOL, as GDB also noted, Takeuchi is really such a Saber-con. Though I obviously also hope he gets his wish somehow later on Maybe his disappointment will drive him into coming up with even more versions of Saber...

But good thing that we know more about the scenes that are going to be added. If that is the complete list of scenes that are original and to be added by Nasu (the long debated original/new content), then actually this doesn't amount to much.
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 12:12   Link #1686
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveYouSaber View Post
Maybe his disappointment will drive him into coming up with even more versions of Saber...
She will have a big role in the upcoming Online Game Reboot.

Quote:
If that is the complete list of scenes that are original and to be added by Nasu (the long debated original/new content), then actually this doesn't amount to much.
No it isn't. It's just a few examples mentioned in interview. There will be much more.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 12:20   Link #1687
Amarantine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It felt particularly lacking in UBW, what with Kirei dying so close to Gil and we don't even see any reaction from the latter. If they're going to add more stuff on them, I'd like to see Gil at least comment on it or something. I mean, Gil basically molded Kirei into what he became and Kirei was the one human he found interesting enough to follow and live with for 10 years. It certainly wouldn't hurt to at least imply Gil was somewhat moved by his death.

The Saber and Iri deal also feels like it could use a mention, yeah, but at the same time I find it more excusable since Saber is just the kind of person not to mention something, no matter how obvious or relevant it may seem to everyone else, if no one asks her about it.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 12:56   Link #1688
LoveYouSaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarantine View Post
It certainly wouldn't hurt to at least imply Gil was somewhat moved by his death.
Yeah, probably saying something along the lines of "Killed by Lancer, of all people? You amuse me even in death, Kirei."
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 13:06   Link #1689
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Yeah, probably saying something along the lines of "Killed by Lancer, of all people? You amuse me even in death, Kirei."
Says the guy who's killed by a human...........
Old 2014-08-09, 13:13   Link #1690
scyllus
Tormund's Member

Is this only about tv series or include movie as well? Salvaging Kotomine in UBW is like...impossible without killing him offscreen xD For HF it would make a lot of sense, as he develops. But it seems they are doing things faithfully so I'll leave my rambling to myself. Multi-pov...in vn we had archer,saber,rin,shirou and... caster? Ahhh lancer narrates his fight with archer I belive.And there is shinji in like...3 scenes? Berserker and Illya one scenes too.Well it sounds like a beatiful mess alright Hype!
EDIT: There is stamp that's its tv series only in the magazine. Can't wait for zero watchers bitter tears as their characters get trolled.
EDIT 2: I'm actually fearful that Takeuchi will take revenge by making all tsuki remake charas even more saber clones with variety in breast size and hair colour. Oh the horror. Not that it gets released ever xD

Last edited by scyllus; 2014-08-09 at 13:28.
scyllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 13:32   Link #1691
Lorhand

Takeuchi's favorite Tsukihime character is Hisui. No need to fear anything.

As for Kirei and Gil in UBW... Gil recognizes Kirei's death, but it seems like he doesn't give a shit about it. An added reaction in the anime wouldn't be such a bad addition I guess.
Old 2014-08-09, 13:42   Link #1692
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
some info:

- original scenes that complement the content of the original story are fully written by nasu.
- there will be scenes that that switch on the point of view other than shiro's.
- there will be also the new scene of conversation between kirei and gilgamesh.
- a new scene for those who know "fate/zero" which subtly ties both work together.
- takeuchi wanted them to adapt all routes, now is pissed that saber's route didn't get anime. :d
YES, GO TA-KE-U-CHI, YESH come on fight for us!
Old 2014-08-09, 13:54   Link #1693
ukulelembo
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyllus View Post
Is this only about tv series or include movie as well?
Current interview was about UBW TV series. Whether there will be some added scenes also in HF movie is hard to say. Basically it's possible, but it will depend on how big length movie project will have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scyllus View Post
Multi-pov...in vn we had archer,saber,rin,shirou and... caster? Ahhh lancer narrates his fight with archer I belive.And there is shinji in like...3 scenes? Berserker and Illya one scenes too.Well it sounds like a beatiful mess alright Hype!
Basically they can add some scenes with Caster's original master of some pov for Matous's family and Illya.
ukulelembo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 14:07   Link #1694
scyllus
Tormund's Member

Quote:
Current interview was about UBW TV series. Whether there will be some added scenes also in HF movie is hard to say. Basically it's possible, but it will depend on how big length movie project will have.

Basically they can add some scenes with Caster's original master of some pov for Matous's family and Illya.
They could but frankly Nasu is going EAWare in his desire to protect his artistic vision.Not that I blame him. At least that's what I get from the interviews. And as I stated somwhere far back,If you include zero, you have a mess ready. Transferring characters don't really match (Gen tried but his Kirei is 99% HF one, and Gil is combo of FatexUBW) ,plots are left hanging etc. I'm hyped for this but bitter for not using the tv format to get rid of the things that worked in vn but not neccesarly on screen. But gotta have faith GilxBerserker is my favourite fight overall and I cannot wait.
scyllus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 14:24   Link #1695
Lorhand

FZ-Gil is a mix of Fate, UBW and HF. His few conversations in HF with Kirei are very similar to the ones in FZ, for instance. As for Kirei, what you see of him in all three routes is the end result of FZ. That was the point of his story in FZ. I don't see the mess regarding these two characters.
Old 2014-08-09, 14:25   Link #1696
Cherry_Lover

Quote:
If that is the complete list of scenes that are original and to be added by Nasu (the long debated original/new content), then actually this doesn't amount to much.
I'm pretty sure it's not. Plus, "scenes that switch the POV to someone other than Shirou" could cover just about anything. In particular, you'd expect anything that Nasu considers canon but wasn't explicitly shown in the VN to fit that, since anything Shirou sees in the VN we'd expect to have seen as well.

Quote:
I'd be surprised if they add too much to the movie, it's unlikely to be long enough.
Old 2014-08-09, 14:39   Link #1697
Tenchi Hou Take

I don't even understand why they stated the change of view. I mean that happened in the VN they're called interludes this is basic common sense.

If they're adding more content the logical conclusion would be some that they're not from the protagonists point of view.

edit

Last edited by Tenchi Hou Take; 2014-08-09 at 14:52.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-09, 14:40   Link #1698
mirakura
Arturia X Tamamo is love~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorhand View Post
FZ-Gil is a mix of Fate, UBW and HF. His few conversations in HF with Kirei are very similar to the ones in FZ, for instance. As for Kirei, what you see of him in all three routes is the end result of FZ. That was the point of his story in FZ. I don't see the mess regarding these two characters.
I thought HF Gil died before getting any characterization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
I don't even understand why they stated the change of view. I mean that happened in the VN they're called interludes this is basic common sense.

If they're adding more content the logical conclusion would be some that from the protagonists point of view.
But that will change the plot, e.g, you wouldn't have Shirou see Gil & Kotomine have a convo would he? And that's original content. :3
Old 2014-08-09, 14:48   Link #1699
Lorhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post
I know you didn't care much about HF and only rushed through it, so you don't remember that many details, but there were one or two interesting scenes with Gil.
Old 2014-08-09, 14:50   Link #1700
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirakura View Post

But that will change the plot, e.g, you wouldn't have Shirou see Gil & Kotomine have a convo would he? And that's original content. :3
You get changes points of view from Archer also and VN cuts into third person during major fights. Plus we're talking about things Shirou never even knows about been shown from a different perspective in the VN e.g Shinji's talk with Gilgamesh. Which are interludes

It's not new nor does it explain anything about this specific adaptation. What they've said about new scenes already covers it.

It's like saying this adaptation will contain Rin's relation with Shirou... well no shit.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heaven's feel, ubw, ufotable