Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-12-15, 05:18   Link #401
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I have a good feeling about this week's episode. It might be the game changer we've been waiting all this time.
Same. With the way this arc has upped the Keiichi flashbacks and has Rika using her adult voice for almost an entire episode it does feel like it's getting ready to give us something. My bet is that it's either next episode or at the one after. They could very well just end this one as per usual and then start the next one with another Hanyuu moment
Old 2020-12-15, 08:18   Link #402
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

It could be, especially since this seems to follow minagoroshi thus far, which is the arc that originally provided the mastermind's big reveal. This could be finally the moment when we learn something more about the new mastermind, or Takano's new agenda (in the unlikely case that it's still her).

I just hope it won't be a disappointment.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-15, 21:44   Link #403
The Creator
Golden Emperor

Next episode is the final before the holidays break, isn't it?

I wonder if the difference we will see is
Spoiler:
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-16, 14:51   Link #404
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Creator View Post
Next episode is the final before the holidays break, isn't it?

I wonder if the difference we will see is
Spoiler:
There is a theory swirling around that Satoko might be the culprit this time around. Generally a bit far-stretched, but Lamda-Takano looks similar enough to Satoko to make it happen...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 12:57   Link #405
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is that Satoko is the only L5 patient who managed to "go back to normal" to some degree and we already knew from Tatarigoroshi that she can snap back to that state.
Additionally, Teppei was not seen ever since Chie confronted him at his house in Episode 10, so it is quite possible that he was killed by Satoko a few days prior the current course of events. If anything, it is really bizarre they have shown those 2 villagers talking about Teppei, but not directly witnessing him trashing around.
Old 2020-12-17, 13:27   Link #406
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 11:

efforts to save Satoko continue. See more grumpy people of all kinds. I just want them to succeed already, so we can go on to the next arc. lol

most boring parts of Gou.. ZZZ..

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2020-12-17 at 13:48.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 14:52   Link #407
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Yep, still largely following Kai so far. At this point, I think the possibility of Gou resolving Satoko's arc in a totally different way is 50-50. It can go either way.
Old 2020-12-17, 18:04   Link #408
Dextro
He Without a Title

Called it: no changes this week compared to the previous adaptation but we are also getting a 5th episode in the arc. I believe this is the first time Gou has done that right? I'm still betting that something is going to derail next week but this time we'll get something with Rika and Keichi. No idea what though, I could never get a good read on this series to antecipate twists
Old 2020-12-17, 18:25   Link #409
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The thing is that Satoko is the only L5 patient who managed to "go back to normal" to some degree and we already knew from Tatarigoroshi that she can snap back to that state.
Are you talking about her self-depreciating mode? My understanding is there is no going back ever after you hit L5, so Satoko never actually went L5 even when suffering all the abuse from uncle. Was it ever explicitly stated she's a L5?
Old 2020-12-17, 18:57   Link #410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was dead wrong. This episode was just another retread.
Old 2020-12-17, 20:29   Link #411
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Are you talking about her self-depreciating mode? My understanding is there is no going back ever after you hit L5, so Satoko never actually went L5 even when suffering all the abuse from uncle. Was it ever explicitly stated she's a L5?
Matsuribayashi confirmed she actually went L5 when she pushed her parents from the cliff 2 years prior the current events. Irie went full desperation mode for a potential cure, since Takano was about to dissect Satoko, just like what happened to the dam construction chief. He managed to create medecine that could suppress the HS symptoms so she was back to lower HS stages, but she was never truly cured so she has to take daily shots since then, which are said to be "vitamins" for her.
Old 2020-12-17, 20:45   Link #412
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Ah yeah, that happened. Then was it ever mentioned why Irie didn't administer that to Satoshi?
Old 2020-12-17, 21:52   Link #413
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Ah yeah, that happened. Then was it ever mentioned why Irie didn't administer that to Satoshi?
I think he did, it just wasn't that effective in his case, but he's been under treatment for a whole year, and normally people that reach L5 don't last nearly that long.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 23:25   Link #414
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Matsuribayashi confirmed she actually went L5 when she pushed her parents from the cliff 2 years prior the current events. Irie went full desperation mode for a potential cure, since Takano was about to dissect Satoko, just like what happened to the dam construction chief. He managed to create medecine that could suppress the HS symptoms so she was back to lower HS stages, but she was never truly cured so she has to take daily shots since then, which are said to be "vitamins" for her.
If I remember right, it wasn't really clear if Satoko pushed her parents off the cliff. I'd heard somewhere that it's revealed somewhere that they really did fall on their own. Still enough to throw an already abused and unstable girl beginning to experience the syndrome over the edge.

As for Satoshi, as I understood it he was actually further along than Satoko. In Satoko's case the condition hadn't caused any permanent changes to her brain, so drugs that suppress the affects of the disease were sufficient to bring her under control. On the other hand, Satoshi had, for Satoko's sake, forcefully suppressed his fight-or-flight reaction; he was still experiencing the full scale of the fear reaction, but he pretended things were OK to keep from upsetting Satoko, but once Satoko was safe and he didn't have to worry about that, he finally let his fear show. Unfortunately, thanks to this, he'd remained in L5 for an excessively long time, and it'd left permanent brain damage. The current drugs can suppress the effects of the pathogen that aggravate that part of the brain, but if that part's actually damaged to the point that it's pretty much stuck in maximum alert, even eliminating the pathogen entirely wouldn't be enough.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 04:01   Link #415
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

My understanding was that Satoshi was essentially at a point of no return in terms of what Irie's current medication was capable of suppressing and regressing.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-18, 05:34   Link #416
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
He did but Satoshi was way too far gone and got his brain damaged.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
If I remember right, it wasn't really clear if Satoko pushed her parents off the cliff. I'd heard somewhere that it's revealed somewhere that they really did fall on their own. Still enough to throw an already abused and unstable girl beginning to experience the syndrome over the edge.
No, it was pretty much confirmed at that point.
Old 2020-12-18, 06:07   Link #417
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
I appreciate this info. Could have heard it in the past, but I forgot, so glad to be re-informed on this.

Satoko is lucky the doctor cared about her and her brother.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 13:49   Link #418
ArrowSmith

Best episode so far. I loved it when Kei took it to the Sonozaki hag! Then Sonozaki mom egging on MionxKei... Also Rika representing the Furude clan was badass. Also throw in a bit of threatened Rena crazy!
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 17:06   Link #419
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

All complaints aside, Sonozaki Akane is still a treat for the eyes

Old 2020-12-20, 15:50   Link #420
AC-Phoenix
Detective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VynMHKW2blA

Just saw a theory I'd like to attach here... Especially the part where he points out that Satoko was the suspicious one when Rika was missing.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote