AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-25, 12:04   Link #9721
Hiyono

I know this has been mentioned before - it's certainly repeated time and again in the LNs themselves, but how could you possibly mistake Erika for having a flighty character? It's constantly stated over and over that it's a facade, and that her true personality is not only serious, but even rather gloomy. It's what makes her a good character.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:48   Link #9722
iCloudz7

Just because she has a dark past doesn't mean that her personality has to be that way...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
The way you put it makes it seem like Mayumi doesn't have actual good points Childish? Definetly, and just in the right amount to make her lovely. Spoiled? By Ten Families standards, of course, but very far from being a brat. Selfish? not really, no.
Sorry I didn't explain myself well, I find those point of her good ones, I love girls like that (but not overly selfish and stuff like that).

@pampz21
Erika is part of the maincast while Mayumi is more of the support cast that's why she lacks some depth in the LNs, Though I believe after reading the epilogue that she will become more active in the upcoming volumes because the Saegusa family is on the move so luckily will be seeing a more mature side of her.

I find Mayumi an interesting character but thruth be told Erika is more developed so I can understand why you like her so much however I dont (my honest opinion) find her suitable for Tats.

PS: Don't get me wrong... I really like Erika, she is a wonderful character, a great friend and a better ally to the party and I want to see what is going to happen with the Rozen family and I have my hopes up that Tatsuya will be her Knight in shiny armour but this is this and that is that

Last edited by iCloudz7; 2014-01-25 at 20:04.
Old 2014-01-25, 13:22   Link #9723
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
I know this has been mentioned before - it's certainly repeated time and again in the LNs themselves, but how could you possibly mistake Erika for having a flighty character? It's constantly stated over and over that it's a facade, and that her true personality is not only serious, but even rather gloomy. It's what makes her a good character.
Rather than saying facade, i think it would be better saying that she is strong. She clearly really enjoys herself.

Erika's circumstance is not a fortunate one. But what does she do about it?
She finds friends and enjoy her life and let it go.
If life throws shit at you and you still enjoy yourself, you are strong.
She is not the happy go lucky style girl like a certain someone. She's the real deal!!! No hardship can break her crazy-fun-personality since she had gone through them all to be what she is today.

Tatsuya and Erika are the people who never spend time being emo and doing stupid shit like "all real people should die", "i can't do anything, life is unfair to me" and so on like some really really bad characters out there. They get over it move on, simply just move on and spend their time meaningfully/do things they like. That's what i like about them.
Especially Tatsuya. Just look at my avatar, that picture just oozes "Chill, bro!" aura.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-

Last edited by bietchie11; 2014-01-25 at 14:04.
Old 2014-01-25, 13:51   Link #9724
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
Rather than saying facade, i think it would be better saying that's she is strong. She clearly really enjoys herself.

She is not the happy go lucky style girl like a certain someone. She's the real deal!!! No hardship can break her crazy-fun-personality since she had gone through them all to be what she is today.

Tatsuya and Erika are the people who never spend time being emo and doing stupid shit like "all real people should die", "i can't do anything, life is unfair to me" and so on like some really really bad characters out there. They get over it move on, simply just move on and spend their time meaningfully/do things they like. That's what i like about them.
Especially Tatsuya. Just look at my avatar, that picture just oozes "Chill, bro!" aura.
I agree completely about Erika, even if her cheery attitude isn't that honest, she's obviously still able to enjoy herself and not getting completely caught up in her past.

Tatsuya's chill-ness may not come from natural means, but he's a good example as well. I'm glad he still has natural curiosity for all things technology, even if not directly connected to the goal of wrecking his enemies.

Theoretically, Honoka should have it harder. She has to deal with her GENETIC MAKEUP.
Old 2014-01-25, 15:08   Link #9725
ahmadyazidozi

cant stand to wait till april. reRead reRead!!
Old 2014-01-25, 22:48   Link #9726
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nandesuto View Post
Gloomy?
Are you saying Miyuki is gloomy too?
Miyuki and Erika arent gloomy they are only moody, their mood change when either Tatsuya is involve!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCloudz7 View Post
@pampz21
Erika is part of the maincast while Mayumi is more of the support cast that's why she lacks some depth in the LNs, Though I believe after reading the epilogue that she will become more active in the upcoming volumes because the Saegusa family is on the move so luckily will be seeing a more mature side of her.

I find Mayumi an interesting character but thruth be told Erika is more developed so I can understand why you like her so much however I dont (my honest opinion) find her suitable for Tats.

PS: Don't get me wrong... I really like Erika, she is a wonderful character, a great friend and a better ally to the party and I want to see what is going to happen with the Rozen family and I have my hopes up that Tatsuya will be her Knight in shiny armour but this is this and that is that
Well its true that Erika has her own plot thats been going on since vol. 3 I think(I have to reread everything bfore the anime starts again) so she's definitely one of the most develop character next to the siblings, she still has more to come by after all a good author wouldnt build a character from earlier vol. then forget about it.

You are right Mayumi is more involve due to the plot of Seagusa but dont forget we are go to the 9SC next vol. so expect that you would see her more less due to her not being part of the main cast and first high. Truth be told I dont really hate Mayumi as much as Honoka who I utterly detest due to her not giving up her loyalty to Tatsuya, that makes him guilty as charge.!The only thing I dont like with Mayumi tho are her one sided conversation with Tatsuya, leading to Tatsuya accepting it due to his responsibility or her asking him for favor which Tatsuya doesnt care cuz coincidence he has to do it anyway.

Quote:
Rather than saying facade, i think it would be better saying that she is strong. She clearly really enjoys herself.

I agree both Erika and Tatsuya are the real deal here, they have the mind set of "Well its been done no point in regretting over a spilled milk"; This is why I think Tatsuya and Erika's meeting on the first day of school isnt coincidence and their names just like Erika said rhymes. If we look at the past and TatsuyaxErika's unnatural sense of friendship (which I think falls on borederline romance).

Both Erika and Tatsuya live in a wealth family, both are unwanted child, Both of them only has a father and sibling, Both arent well liked by their siblings at first, Both are from Families have known to public(ChibaXShiba) and secret lineage (YotsubaXRozen) who is well known in their country (JapanXEurope).Both are trained young in the worlds of violence. Well there are alot more common ties between the two but all we can say is that their meeting isnt coincidence but a destiny in a making.

Ive this foreshadow that at the end of Erika's plot (Tatsuya being her savior)
Spoiler for Reunion Party:

PS: Trivia Why do you think I positioned Miyuki on the left side of Tatsuya while Erika is on the right side?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-01-25 at 22:59.
Old 2014-01-25, 23:10   Link #9727
Akane01

Miyuki is the only one for Tatsuya (not necessarily as a couple in love), the story is built around their relationship, the author makes it very obvious.
Other girls have absolutely no chance.

Last edited by Akane01; 2014-01-25 at 23:34.
Old 2014-01-25, 23:22   Link #9728
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Gloomy?
Are you saying Miyuki is gloomy too?
Miyuki and Erika arent gloomy they are only moody, their mood change when either Tatsuya is involve!

Well its true that Erika has her own plot thats been going on since vol. 3 I think(I have to reread everything bfore the anime starts again) so she's definitely one of the most develop character next to the siblings, she still has more to come by after all a good author wouldnt build a character from earlier vol. then forget about it.

You are right Mayumi is more involve due to the plot of Seagusa but dont forget we are go to the 9SC next vol. so expect that you would see her more less due to her not being part of the main cast and first high. Truth be told I dont really hate Mayumi as much as Honoka who I utterly detest due to her not giving up her loyalty to Tatsuya, that makes him guilty as charge.!The only thing I dont like with Mayumi tho are her one sided conversation with Tatsuya, leading to Tatsuya accepting it due to his responsibility or her asking him for favor which Tatsuya doesnt care cuz coincidence he has to do it anyway.

I agree both Erika and Tatsuya are the real deal here, they have the mind set of "Well its been done no point in regretting over a spilled milk"; This is why I think Tatsuya and Erika's meeting on the first day of school isnt coincidence and their names just like Erika said rhymes. If we look at the past and TatsuyaxErika's unnatural sense of friendship (which I think falls on borederline romance).

Both Erika and Tatsuya live in a wealth family, both are unwanted child, Both of them only has a father and sibling, Both arent well liked by their siblings at first, Both are from Families have known to public(ChibaXShiba) and secret lineage (YotsubaXRozen) who is well known in their country (JapanXEurope).Both are trained young in the worlds of violence. Well there are alot more common ties between the two but all we can say is that their meeting isnt coincidence but a destiny in a making.

Ive this foreshadow that at the end of Erika's plot (Tatsuya being her savior)
Spoiler for Reunion Party:

PS: Trivia Why do you think I positioned Miyuki on the left side of Tatsuya while Erika is on the right side?
Not going to happen. The author has put her and Leo together quite often that it seems obvious that he is slowly trying to build chemistry between them for the future.
Old 2014-01-25, 23:27   Link #9729
bietchie11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Not going to happen. The author has put her and Leo together quite often that it seems obvious that he is slowly trying to build chemistry between them for the future.
Same thing goes for Katsuto and Mayumi.
Fellow uni student and fellow 10master clan member. Up against Koichi for the sake of magicians.

But it doesn't stop us from wishing TatxMayumixTwins.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-25, 23:46   Link #9730
iCloudz7

@pampz21

C'mon, dont hate Honoka don't you pity her? The author treats her very bad and he made her the mascot of the party... She knows that she doesn't stand a chance but shes loyal to him dont you find it cute? Well I just think that she will be the sacrificial lamb in order to make Tats fall in despair or get the shit out of a country or clan.

Btw I like that side of Mayumi because she knows what she wants and Tats knows it too beside Shiba Mayumi has a pretty ring to it.

Last edited by iCloudz7; 2014-01-26 at 00:23.
Old 2014-01-26, 00:11   Link #9731
ahmadyazidozi

Azusa will probaly have a very very very hard time to decide this
she's the president rite?

whether she'll put Tats on Tech-Team or Game-Praticipant on the next 9SC
He is god-like in both side, either as Taurus Silver or Ooguro Ryuya Hhahahhaa
if she put Tats on both, it will just be like plain-overkill and look likes that everyone put most of the hardwork to him.
it will be like depedencies to Tats. and it is bad plot for me.
He may be godlike is term of ability, power, and information. be he still a human (or demi-God) Hhhahahaa

and, i wonder, the writer already gives hints that Azusa have speculation of Tatsuya being Taurus Silver, but, I've not read her being totally believed it, as She have not ask Tats for the truth.
so, is she in already-know-state or still just-speculate-state that Tats is her cherised Taurus Silver?? Hhahaha

well, there is posibility, that it may goes to Azusa going after Tats too just like Honoka
as she "worshipped" Taurus Silver
Hhahahhaa

Last edited by ahmadyazidozi; 2014-01-26 at 00:21.
Old 2014-01-26, 01:03   Link #9732
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCloudz7 View Post
@pampz21

C'mon, dont hate Honoka don't you pity her? The author treats her very bad and he made her the mascot of the party... She knows that she doesn't stand a chance but shes loyal to him dont you find it cute? Well I just think that she will be the sacrificial lamb in order to make Tats fall in despair or get the shit out of a country or clan.

Btw I like that side of Mayumi because she knows what she wants and Tats knows it too beside Shiba Mayumi has a pretty ring to it.
I just cant like her; and I dont pity her cuz she made that decision for herself~!
Btw Shiba Mayumi sounds like a rip off from Shiba Miyuki so it sounds annoying to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadyazidozi View Post
Azusa will probaly have a very very very hard time to decide this
she's the president rite?

whether she'll put Tats on Tech-Team or Game-Praticipant on the next 9SC
He is god-like in both side, either as Taurus Silver or Ooguro Ryuya Hhahahhaa
if she put Tats on both, it will just be like plain-overkill and look likes that everyone put most of the hardwork to him.
it will be like depedencies to Tats. and it is bad plot for me.
He may be godlike is term of ability, power, and information. be he still a human (or demi-God) Hhhahahaa

and, i wonder, the writer already gives hints that Azusa have speculation of Tatsuya being Taurus Silver, but, I've not read her being totally believed it, as She have not ask Tats for the truth.
so, is she in already-know-state or still just-speculate-state that Tats is her cherised Taurus Silver?? Hhahaha

well, there is posibility, that it may goes to Azusa going after Tats too just like Honoka
as she "worshipped" Taurus Silver
Hhahahhaa
Ah...Tatsuya is in the engineering class? so wats the point of putting him as a participants, bside Mikihiko and Leo can cover for him,. among their year those two had showed talents worthy above the strength of normal HS students and no one can underestimate them now bcuz the students know they are Tatsuya's friends.

Quote:
Really the author put Leo and Erika?....
ah...where?
hmmm...chemistry...huh?...is the author building a time bomb?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-26, 02:51   Link #9733
cyberdemon

Quote:
I just cant like her; and I dont pity her cuz she made that decision for herself~!
Btw Shiba Mayumi sounds like a rip off from Shiba Miyuki so it sounds annoying to me.

Ah...Tatsuya is in the engineering class? so wats the point of putting him as a participants, bside Mikihiko and Leo can cover for him,. among their year those two had showed talents worthy above the strength of normal HS students and no one can underestimate them now bcuz the students know they are Tatsuya's friends.

Really the author put Leo and Erika?....
ah...where?
hmmm...chemistry...huh?...is the author building a time bomb?
Talking more like teaming up more than the others. The authors seems interested in heading them towards that path.

Quote:
Same thing goes for Katsuto and Mayumi.
Fellow uni student and fellow 10master clan member. Up against Koichi for the sake of magicians.

But it doesn't stop us from wishing TatxMayumixTwins.
admittedly I am a fan of Mayumi and think she would be a good pair with Tatsuya but I'm not getting my hopes up. Chances are far more likely that he'll end up alone but remaining happily with Miyuki unless the authors goes the non-blood related siblings route (or kills off one of them. Definitely don't hope for this). Or if in the slightest chance he does end up with one of the girls it would likely be Honoka. She's really the only one Miyuki tolerates (that being the key word there lol. She'll never accept anyone for Tatsuya completely) making passes at Tatsuya.
Old 2014-01-26, 12:30   Link #9734
ahmadyazidozi

Quote:
well, yes he is in engineering class, and its also that because he is there, they (school) create that class
but, in the previous monolith code, he beats (or, at least, on par) with one of the descendant of 10MF, it means that he is on the very high level in fighting (praticipant) so, i doubt people will just ignore him as a participant.
Old 2014-01-26, 21:03   Link #9735
bietchie11

Engineer class ftw.
The whole reason he joins 9-school is to protect Miyuki's safety, not for the school's reputation. By ensuring her CAD security.
If he is an participant, who will take care of Miyuki's CAD?

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-26, 21:37   Link #9736
cyberdemon

Quote:
Engineer class ftw.
The whole reason he joins 9-school is to protect Miyuki's safety, not for the school's reputation. By ensuring her CAD security.
If he is an participant, who will take care of Miyuki's CAD?
He was a participant last year and still took care of it. He doesn't have to participate in every event but I get the feeling he is going to be dragged into monolith code again for another match against Masaki.
Old 2014-01-27, 00:02   Link #9737
bietchie11

Quote:
He was a participant last year and still took care of it. He doesn't have to participate in every event but I get the feeling he is going to be dragged into monolith code again for another match against Masaki.
Yeah, but like you said: Being a participant is only secondary, a bonus.
And i only said engineer is his priority.
Our opinions are the same.

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2014-01-27, 00:29   Link #9738
Chris38

Regarding the Nine Schools Competition, personally I'm wondering what are going to be the other schools countermeasures, against the players that Tatsuya is going to be responsible for, as their engineer.

After all, unlike what happened in the previous competition ... now they are aware of Tatsuya's capabilities, so they might have been preparing something to counter that - within, the competitions rules, of course.

I also wonder what are going to be the problems, that will occur, during the current Nine Schools Competition - while, I doubt that it's going to suffer under some terrorism attack, like what happened during Tatsuya's 1st year, but I doubt that it's going to be a peaceful competition - most likely we will have some political tensions, related with the deal that the Saegusa clan have made with Zhou, in the epilogue of volume 12.
Old 2014-01-27, 02:08   Link #9739
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Tlking more like teaming up more than the others. The authors seems interested in heading them towards that path.
Isnt that just a matter of their tech n their relationship as a master and disciple. ..unless Leo do something manly, their relationship wont escalate.

Quote:
I agree, maybe he will be dragged to the competition but, his first priority is Miyuki even their sempai knows that. And I think this will be an easy win for first due to course 2 students will be joining meaning some bs Mage will join like Erika,Leo,Miki if they really want to win, Tatsuya will use them like the they did in the monolith code, it isnt a matter of course 1 or 2, its a matter of abilities and we all know that Tatsuyas circle of friends are above hs or even college students, just like Tatsuya said their abilities are already above/same as the elites of the military especially Erika,Tatsuya and Miyuki....
The question is how Tatsuya will persuade Erika to joining due to her personality, she would decline cuz she hate flashing her tech just to show off

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-01-27, 05:52   Link #9740
NutShell

sory but when vol 13 out? and and what title next for vol 13 (if title already out) i want more story about minami chan
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings