AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Sword Art Online - Episode 22 Rating
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 71 47.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 39 26.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 18 12.16%
7 out of 10 : Good... 9 6.08%
6 out of 10 : Average... 2 1.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 1 0.68%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 3 2.03%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 2 1.35%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 1 0.68%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 2 1.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-02, 23:52   Link #301
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Ugh.......yes, Sugu, losing a love TWICE is no picnic....but you didn't have to scream at Kirito Kazuto like that. He already has enough crap to deal with as it is.....>_>

Excellent episode though. Really top-notch! As you can see, sometimes willpower is not enough to beat 1000000 infinite guards...
Old 2012-12-03, 00:01   Link #302
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
*Reappears for one last draw*

Remember when Sugu saw Kazuto's face after saying that? She didn't blame him, more so she blamed herself for leading onto an illusion that she could forget by growing feelings for Kirito.. She was venting her own frustration at herself towards Kazuto. Which made her feel guilty and backed off to cry. This is where she blamed herself for not being openly honest with her feelings. Hence why she said that she "betrayed" her own heart. This will keep being repeated until it's understood fully.

It's like those moments in life where you get into incredibly depressive scenarios. That you just want to vent your frustration at yourself towards that target. Trying to find some way to alleviate the pain inside your heart. But ending up feeling even more guilty in the end.

*disappears truly to watch anime*
and with this means "was suguha fault" even her get aware about this., end of the story.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 00:04   Link #303
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
and with this means "was suguha fault" even her get aware about this., end of the story.
It's not a matter of "fault". It was a really big misunderstanding. Kazuto did things to contribute and Suguha did things to contribute, but neither of them meant for things to end up this way. It just happened. Suguha can't easily change her feelings, and neither can Kazuto. If not for SAO, Kazuto would never have met Asuna, but he also may never have found a way to reconcile with Suguha. Nothing is going to be solved by either of them pointing fingers at each other, and I don't think we can really point fingers either. They're both victims of fate. (Or, if you prefer, of the author. )
Old 2012-12-03, 00:19   Link #304
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
Like relentlessflame said. Misunderstandings can usually happen, only time when it's one-sided fault is *pointing at Sugou* his fault
Old 2012-12-03, 00:21   Link #305
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's not a matter of "fault". It was a really big misunderstanding. Kazuto did things to contribute and Suguha did things to contribute, but neither of them meant for things to end up this way. It just happened. Suguha can't easily change her feelings, and neither can Kazuto. If not for SAO, Kazuto would never have met Asuna, but he also may never have found a way to reconcile with Suguha. Nothing is going to be solved by either of them pointing fingers at each other, and I don't think we can really point fingers either. They're both victims of fate. (Or, if you prefer, of the author. )
omg a long long time i not get that much on a discussion, ok i think maybe u are being too much "neutral" or try to just at only 1 POV because allmost of the hints points to her being the culprit lets see:
- sis not blood-related brocon - ok
- too much shy to be able to be sincere with him or herself
- some hints about him have another girl being throwed on her face and she not get
- her brother on the past was not good with her, bust just because he gona back from a 2 years coma and being nice with her she fall esy in love for him
- get to fast attached to someone she meet only a day ago just because she want forget her brother
- waiting too much for that person, who give some clues who have a personal quest and can't give her what she want
- and more important ended blame herself for create to much illusions with both kirito and kazuto.
- another good point almost of everthing happened was "one-side"

now what kazuto/kirito doing

- being the womanizer totally culprit just joke
- being nice with the girl(a too much cliche to make a girl easy fall for mc like "hey here the pencil u dropped on ground" and the girl "i love u").

who doing more??? for me it's not just a big misunderstanding is much more about expectatives. than misunderstanding.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 00:30   Link #306
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Not bad, good episode. When Kirito ran out of health, would he have respawned where he was, or back in a different location?

If it's the former, I have some serious questioning about some of the stuff that happened.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:32   Link #307
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

A respawn without a player-assisted revival may have consequences for the slain player. That said, Leafa had things she hoped to talk to Kirito about and she wasn't gonna wait that long to speak her mind.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:34   Link #308
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Not bad, good episode. When Kirito ran out of health, would he have respawned where he was, or back in a different location?

If it's the former, I have some serious questioning about some of the stuff that happened.
I think you get respawned at your home/save point if you don't get revived before the timer runs out (as was shown before in an earlier episode when Leefa told him to stop speaking until the remains disappeared; they didn't respawn in place but were transported away because no one was there to revive them). So if that happened he might be taken all the way to the Spriggan home territory and have to make the trek all the way there again.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:34   Link #309
Ragna92

One of the best episodes so far. Loved it, the action was amazing and so was the drama.

10/10
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 00:39   Link #310
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
I think you get respawned at your home/save point if you don't get revived before the timer runs out (as was shown before in an earlier episode when Leefa told him to stop speaking until the remains disappeared; they didn't respawn in place but were transported away because no one was there to revive them). So if that happened he might be taken all the way to the Spriggan home territory and have to make the trek all the way there again.
Another example would be Recon being defeated. Later to appear in the home city instead of back at the forest where he would have been left behind.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:42   Link #311
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
A respawn without a player-assisted revival may have consequences for the slain player. That said, Leafa had things she hoped to talk to Kirito about and she wasn't gonna wait that long to speak her mind.
Okay, I recall the death penalty talk in the earlier episodes. Time's definitely not a factor of this though; that indicator was running like...500 seconds or about 8 minutes. :3

Well a death penalty negates my questions, which is good. I'm quite pleased the story didn't end up having Kirito going for Suguha and leaving Asuna behind, and that's the big picture, I guess.

@relentlessflame: That's the thought I had, wasn't exactly sure of it. Thanks, the trek was kinda long so screw doing that again.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:53   Link #312
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Yeah, the way I see it neither party was really at fault but that's just how it turned out. Suguha at least tried to avoid the conflict by logging out and staying in her room. But at hte same time hardly Kirito like to just leave her be without trying to talk to her first. Neither one is really at fault here for falling in love, but sadly Suguha is the one who will have to shoulder the burden without much payoff. At least Asuna is still up there for Kirito to reunite with.

Just sucks that fate/author sent them into this mess. It's not the only thing for Kirito to be worrying about, but it is something for those two to deal with. Just wonder how they can temporarily patch things up. No quick fix for Suguha's busted up heart, but maybe she can hang in there long enough for them to save Asuna.
Old 2012-12-03, 00:57   Link #313
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

On a light note, in many MMORPGS when you die you can re-spawn instantly at your home point or wherever, but you get say, 10 minutes where people can come and rez you before you get sent back automatically.

Kirito was using that time to get a good inner monologue in, before Lyfa had to come and ruin it for him!
Oroboro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 01:08   Link #314
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
Kirito was using that time to get a good inner monologue in, before Lyfa had to come and ruin it for him!
It's one of the few actual inner monologues that we have in this show too! Damn you Leefa for ruining it and saving his sorry butt from his stupid charging-in-blindly and... oh, well, I guess she can be forgiven. Honestly, if not for all the other factors at play, in most other situations you'd just let the person die and be like "are you an idiot or what?". Obviously she could tell how important this is to him though, even though she didn't yet fully understand why or the extent of it. (Actually, I'm sure she thought his passion and zeal was attractive (she wanted him to show some of that same passion towards her)... even if his way of showing it was stupid and poorly-thought through. In that sense, Kazuto/Kirito hasn't really changed from SAO. If not for the situation, I'm sure Suguha and Asuna would have a good chat about all of Kazuto's childish stupidity. )
Old 2012-12-03, 01:26   Link #315
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
(Actually, I'm sure she thought his passion and zeal was attractive (she wanted him to show some of that same passion towards her)...
I think you're right here... In a more typical romance narrative from Sugu's perspective, the story would go "Oh, what causes my mysterious and badass new love interest such passion and pain?" and then she comforts him and is a stable force for him etc.

Wrong story Suguha...
Old 2012-12-03, 01:28   Link #316
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
I think you're right here... In a more typical romance narrative from Sugu's perspective, the story would go "Oh, what causes my mysterious and badass new love interest such passion and pain?" and then she comforts him and is a stable force for him etc.

Wrong story Suguha...
Not so. Suguha got the story right; she's just the wrong character.
Old 2012-12-03, 01:44   Link #317
Oroboro
Endless Sorceror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Not so. Suguha got the story right; she's just the wrong character.
Well, we all think we're the protagonist of our own lives, random NPC14003. =P
Old 2012-12-03, 01:49   Link #318
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

... and now I remember why I don't really post much in the SAO boards now.

I can actually sympathise with Suguha - she loves Kazuto, but realises that his heart belongs to Asuna, and so rather than try and fight Asuna for him, she tries to let go so that Kirito can be happy.

Then she begins to fall in love with another guy, and begins to move on, and feels a sense that she's betraying her love for Kazuto, but he's happy with Asuna and so perhaps she can move on and find love with Kirito...

...and then she finds out that Kirito and Kazuto are the same. Cue breakdown.

Also, I take my hat off to Ayana Taketatsu. That was a masterful performance that tugged at my heartstrings.
Quote:
Well, we all think we're the protagonist of our own lives, random NPC14003. =P
Reminds me of something Larry Correia said when writing villains: All characters believe themselves to be the main characters of their stories. You thus need to approach them from that angle.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 02:22   Link #319
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

And they rarely think they're villain protagonists, too. At worst, they're dark and gritty anti-heroes.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 03:09   Link #320
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Not think, everyone IS the protagonist of their own story.
Dengar is online now   Reply With Quote