Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-06-02, 00:53   Link #281
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
From what little I understood about the lyrics, it was certainly a very fitting song, and it is lovely, of course.

Wait, watamote? Can't really see it
Trust me, it worked - and it really fit.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 09:49   Link #282
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Animation quality went down the drain this week. So many weird motion, and blurry motion, and weird anatomy....
Old 2017-06-02, 10:37   Link #283
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Animation quality went down the drain this week. So many weird motion, and blurry motion, and weird anatomy....
they blew their budget on the festival scene. Akane in her yukata and the glass wind chimes were the cleanest animation this show has had so far.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-02, 22:14   Link #284
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Dissociate

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-06-30 at 10:38.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 09:22   Link #285
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Since no one has posted it, have a look at this video which shows how the Hikawa Shrine in Kawagoe looks like at night during the festival - particularly the wind chime tunnels and the specially lit stream.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZGDBGy8cWs
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 15:57   Link #286
ArrowSmith

Honestly other than the subtle shift in the trope where 2 introverts take until the last episode to confess their feelings, what is so different about this show compared to a 100 other shoujo animes?
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:07   Link #287
ArrowSmith

Oh and all the girls are cute of course, no plain Janes.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 16:16   Link #288
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
Honestly other than the subtle shift in the trope where 2 introverts take until the last episode to confess their feelings, what is so different about this show compared to a 100 other shoujo animes?
Well, I'm not much of a shoujo fan, but to mention a few differences:

-The story is about the relationship rather than getting to it.
-Neither MC is a mysterious tortured soul with a dark backstory (no character is, really).
-EVERYONE in the series is a good person and NOT a colossal jerk trying to get the girl or ruin their relationship (Before anyone brings up Chinatsu, she's nowhere hnear as bad or bitchy as say, Kurumi).
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 17:43   Link #289
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
-EVERYONE in the series is a good person and NOT a colossal jerk trying to get the girl or ruin their relationship (Before anyone brings up Chinatsu, she's nowhere hnear as bad or bitchy as say, Kurumi).
I thought about letting this slide but, nope, no can do.

-Everyone EXCEPT Chinatsu is a good person and not a colossal jerk trying to get the boy or ruin their relationship.

It just amazes me that some people like Chinatsu so much that they deny that she was actually trying to drive a wedge between Akane and Kotarou in episode 7 when it was as plain as the nose on your face that that is what she planned to do by inviting Akane, Kotarou and Hira to the amusement park. I will agree that Chinatsu is not quite as bad or bitchy as Kurumi (if it's the Kurumi that I'm thinking about), but bad she is.

And to all those who kept saying that the "chemistry" between Chinatsu and Kotarou was more befitting of a relationship than that between Akane and Kotarou I say pfft! Chinatsu and Kotarou didn't have "chemistry," they had an obnoxious, in-your-face, genki girl with a self-imposed, unrequited friendship with someone who couldn't care less about her. Certainly episode 8 proves all those Chinatsu fanboys completely wrong about whose relationship with Kotarou actually has chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrowSmith View Post
- Here's just a few:
* No HAREM
* No accidental (or intentional) perverted acts
* None of the girls have or flaunt HUGE boobs
* Neither the MC or FMC is a delinquent (nor anyone else, for that matter)
* Parents play an integral part in the story (instead of being completely absent)
* No occasional chibi versions of any of the characters
* Conflicts are resolved quickly and don't last several episodes

and...

* No aliens.
* No angels or devils.
* No gods masquerading as humans.
* No monster girls.
* No girls falling out of the sky, landing on top of the MC.
* No panty shots.
* No jealous childhood friend.

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2017-06-04 at 18:38. Reason: afterthought
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-03, 19:03   Link #290
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Additionally, there's the fact that the rivals gave up much more easily than normal. Particularly Hira; that guy threw in the towel incredibly easy. Kind of weird there, the guy that's clearly interested in Akane gives up with ease, but the girl that shows no real evidence that she likes Kotarou more than anyone else insists on trying to confess and get "proper closure".

Fred can say what he wants, but up until episode 7 Chinatsu was not exhibiting any serious evil, and one could make arguments either way about her actions on that one episodes. We're not really given enough to know, and I for one want to believe that she's learned a valuable lesson. Can't forget that these people are FOURTEEN; they're just kids and you can expect some of them to impulsively do one or two things that they shouldn't, such as set up an awkward situation that at the least was meant to carry out her intent of confessing and getting dumped and at the worst was meant to make Akane cheat or drive a wedge between them. I'm inclined to believe that she really was planning to get dumped, maybe even planned to create a chance to eliminate Hira as well, but then they took care of it without her and she got a closure that hit even harder than a polite refusal. My point though is that she's only fourteen, approaching fifteen. At that age you can almost expect at least one person who's overall a good person to say or do one or two things that are seriously messed up. Especially if you're talking about a group as big as this series, there's going to be an idiotic jerk out there who's overall a good person but says or does things once or twice that put her at bigger risk than she realizes of losing her friends and probably earning a reputation that'd destroy everything for her.

Frankly, this series doesn't strike me as "cliché" or "no different from all other romance/shoujo series". Rather, this series seems to deliberately go for cliché situations and scenes but play them just a little bit different, bringing about a fresh, sweet result that's not entirely unpredictable but still feels new and refreshing.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-05, 22:40   Link #291
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Dissociate

Old 2017-06-06, 07:52   Link #292
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

I can't be the only one who wanted to see a full length view of Akane in her yukata, can I?

Spoiler for large image:
Old 2017-06-06, 16:27   Link #293
sikvod00

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
Since no one has posted it, have a look at this video which shows how the Hikawa Shrine in Kawagoe looks like at night during the festival - particularly the wind chime tunnels and the specially lit stream.

Thanks for sharing. Very beautiful and the music that accompanied it was perfect.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-06, 18:28   Link #294
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post

Very beautiful, indeed! Which reminds me of a comment I forgot to make about the animation itself. The wind chime tunnel sequence probably has more independently moving animated items than I think I've ever noticed in one scene in any anime. There's about 360 globes with attached plagues (over 700 individual items), both globes and plagues of which are moving independently of one another. I find that pretty amazing for what seems to be an ultra-low budget anime.
Old 2017-06-08, 03:51   Link #295
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Dissociate

Old 2017-06-08, 06:14   Link #296
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Spoiler for Episode 9 preview English subbed:

Now the real drama starts...
Old 2017-06-08, 13:32   Link #297
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

oh my god the episode is delayed. my heart can't take this. this is the brightest spot on my anime watching schedule.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
Old 2017-06-08, 14:18   Link #298
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
oh my god the episode is delayed. my heart can't take this. this is the brightest spot on my anime watching schedule.
Why? why, first atom and now this....someone knew the reasons why?
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-08, 18:52   Link #299
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

it was something with crunchyroll. it's out now anyways. anyways,
Spoiler:

we'll see where the next few eps take us. the festival, and how they resolve the large problem. i kind of hoped they would talk about it, instead of do it over text. oh well.

Old 2017-06-08, 19:29   Link #300
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
we'll see where the next few eps take us. the festival, and how they resolve the large problem. i kind of hoped they would talk about it, instead of do it over text. oh well.
Well, Akane already told Hira, so why shouldn't she tell her boyfriend, as well? I'm sure they will talk about it in person.

It's pretty apparent that Hira invited everyone to go to the festival together just so that he could get his chance to confess to Akane. Seems that neither he nor Chinatsu have given up yet.

Spoiler for episode 9 ED Line chat:

Spoiler for episode 10 preview text and rough translation:

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2017-06-08 at 21:20. Reason: new PV translation

Tags
anime original, romance, school life, shoujo, slice of life, studio feel