Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-06-22, 13:37   Link #3301
holybell84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Debateable.

Kurumi.
Kotori. (she's fine right now, but when she grows out of being jailbait.... )
Yamai Twins.

Not that Tohka's not hawt, but she has plenty of rivals.
They need to show everything 5 years later, and make sure Kotori's and Shidou's parents are off to another trip.

When they come back, they shall meet their grand child =D
Old 2013-06-22, 13:38   Link #3302
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by holybell84 View Post
They need to show everything 5 years later, and make sure Kotori's and Shidou's parents are off to another trip.

don't you mean grandchildren
Old 2013-06-22, 13:49   Link #3303
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:

question is whose the mother he may be doing all this kissing but he's still yuuki rito without the falling. The guy gets nervous with even simple eroticism. Ever notice that the shows with the most Doujinshi's are the ones where you beg the character to nail somebody but u know he's too chicken to pick one girl. He's a classic harem MC has girls doesn't want one.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 14:07   Link #3304
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Debateable.

Kurumi.
Kotori. (she's fine right now, but when she grows out of being jailbait.... )
Yamai Twins.

Not that Tohka's not hawt, but she has plenty of rivals.
dem tsunako art are hawt..end
Old 2013-06-22, 15:07   Link #3305
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Because he was afraid he wouldn't be able to control himself as nearly all his thoughts were, "that sounded realy erotic that can't be right". And the fact he is on a first name basis with her does show he is closer then just a classmate
He was forced to do that. Just like he is always forced to be around her. Has he ever voluntarily spent time with her?

Quote:
No he has tried to be there for her and at the time she chose her revenge rather then him. It isn't untill after the events of volume 4 that she starts to turn away from that path.
Spoiler for volume 2:
Er, that quote is something I should be using against you, not the other way around. He is there for Yoshino. He is begging with Origami on Yoshino's behalf. And his only wish is for her not to kill the people he is there to defend. It's still for the spirits sake not hers.

Quote:
first it has never been hinted that Kurumi became psycho from her deaths in fact it seems she is useing her deaths to drive Mana psycho. the AST had nothing to do with the Twins that was DEM. And I don't see how any of this refutes what I said She has an irrational hatred born from watching her home burn, having her parents murdered in front of her and then getting the hell beat out of her when she was 12 along with the added AST and DEM propaganda that Spirit = Evil. nor does it change she is not in command.
You said that every spirit they encountered acted hostile to them. None of them except Kurumi has. And from what has been spoiled from future volumes her whole motivation is based around preventing the other spirits from experiencing her pain.

Quote:
Just because he hasn't had the need to doesn't mean he wouldn't and while it wasn't just for her he did so at the end of volume 4.
Ok, fine. He probably would. But he hasn't yet.

Quote:
And yet thats what they do. They are Damage control pure and simple. They are like biteing ants painful and annoying enough that the Spirits go away. and its not like the ATS knows they are pulled there against their will since they don't talk to them. Origami only found out because Shidou told her.

Spoiler for volume 1:

Maybe it is because noone knows how that happened. Shidou made a big deal about it and Tohka had no clue. And the AST is under strict orders not to atack Touka because as far as the AST investagation has turned up she is not only human but one of the citizens that they have to protect. She also did ask Shidou about things, twice, once in Volume 2 and then in volume 5.

Spoiler for volume 2:
My point was how nonsensical this part is. Her commander openly states "We have no way to actually win, we just fire till it leaves." Yet for some reason Tohka not only appeared without a space quake, but is apparently no longer a spirit. They should have investigated that. Again, this is a complaint about the series, not Origami, since it's just a plot hole plain and simple.

However, my biggest complaint about her can be summed up as this. Between her and any of the spirits, who would Shidou choose to protect? The spirit or Origami? He would always, always choose the spirit.

Here's how I see it.

Tohka

First Impression:The first two times he met Tohka, she almost killed him.

Reaction: Jumps headlong into the situation to save her.

Yoshino

First Impression: She almost killed him and endangered his relationship with Tohka, then went berserk over a toy rabbit

Reaction: Get skinned alive by hail storm to return rabbit

Kurumi

First Impression: Nice at first, then psycho crazy bitch who tries to kill everyone

Reaction: Jump in front of Kamehameha level blast to save her, without token immortality

Origami

First impression: She tried to save him from Tohka

Reaction: Ignore her to save the spirits
Old 2013-06-22, 15:57   Link #3306
ImperialFlameGod8190

X you and kagato gotta stop this stuff shidou saves everyone he's a nice guy ha that's what happens
Old 2013-06-22, 16:22   Link #3307
Miraluka
Banned

Stop it all of you guys. Each person has a different perception about things and people.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 16:39   Link #3308
endarion88

Quote:

we will see this in the game endings, i have high expectation from grown up kotori
Old 2013-06-22, 17:06   Link #3309
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Stop it all of you guys. Each person has a different perception about things and people.
agreed lets just all agree that we love the series and let that be the end of it
Old 2013-06-22, 18:47   Link #3310
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
He was forced to do that. Just like he is always forced to be around her. Has he ever voluntarily spent time with her?
He seems to enjoy having lunch with her at least enough that he is concerned when she doesn't in volume 3. voluntarily tried to patch things up in volume 5 ( she did take it a bit far when he said he wanted to go someplace with her alone and took him into the girls restroom). And nothing has shown he doesn't like spending time with her when she is not going comically overboard

Quote:
Er, that quote is something I should be using against you, not the other way around. He is there for Yoshino. He is begging with Origami on Yoshino's behalf. And his only wish is for her not to kill the people he is there to defend. It's still for the spirits sake not hers.
You are ignoring that it flat out states He is also doing it for her. It is the exact same thing he says about Mana. I understand you don't like her and thats fine but you are trying to use a double standard.

Quote:
You said that every spirit they encountered acted hostile to them. None of them except Kurumi has. And from what has been spoiled from future volumes her whole motivation is based around preventing the other spirits from experiencing her pain.
No i said nearly all of the Spirits the AST has delt with have been hostile. Least you forget Tohka was trying to kill Shidou during their first 2 encounters and she was a bit kill happy during the date. The very fact that Yoshino is an oddity in that she doesn't fight with the AST pretty much implies that.
Very little of Kurumi's motivation has been spoiled all we know for sure is her goal it to kill the first Spirit preventing the other Spirits from existing and that Phantom calles it surprisingly kind. Nothing spoiled has directly stated that she is trying to spare them pain.

Quote:
Ok, fine. He probably would. But he hasn't yet.
He already has come close at the end of volume 4 he was talking her down for just as much of her sake as it was to save his sister. And it will likely happen.
Quote:
My point was how nonsensical this part is. Her commander openly states "We have no way to actually win, we just fire till it leaves." Yet for some reason Tohka not only appeared without a space quake, but is apparently no longer a spirit. They should have investigated that. Again, this is a complaint about the series, not Origami, since it's just a plot hole plain and simple.
They did and what it turned up was that Tohka was a normal person with a complete background history so their hands are tied because the higher ups are blocking them. She does try to get info out of Shidou but he is evasive because his work is secret.
Spoiler for volume 2:

Quote:
However, my biggest complaint about her can be summed up as this. Between her and any of the spirits, who would Shidou choose to protect? The spirit or Origami? He would always, always choose the spirit.

Here's how I see it.

Tohka

First Impression:The first two times he met Tohka, she almost killed him.

Reaction: Jumps headlong into the situation to save her.

Yoshino

First Impression: She almost killed him and endangered his relationship with Tohka, then went berserk over a toy rabbit

Reaction: Get skinned alive by hail storm to return rabbit

Kurumi

First Impression: Nice at first, then psycho crazy bitch who tries to kill everyone

Reaction: Jump in front of Kamehameha level blast to save her, without token immortality

Origami

First impression: She tried to save him from Tohka

Reaction: Ignore her to save the spirits
He has not ignored her. He just has problems dealing with her because she either comes on way too strong of completely baffles him. And aside from her break down in volume 4, which he did help he through, she hasn't had known issues that she needed to be saved from unlike the Spirits.
PS he did also choose to save her by facing off unarmed against a rampaging force of nature who's powers were overloading and wanted to release them at Origami using an untested ability.

Spoiler for what I'm referring to:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 20:21   Link #3311
Riki
ランダム王

Xfire i can still swallow the fact you hate origami, but Never i repeat NEVER say a character is useless in a novel. Any character put into a novel is important, that implies to the sub-characters. that is what makes the series itself.
Old 2013-06-23, 01:28   Link #3312
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Seriously this argument is way out if hand everybody has there view so lets just move on please although I do agree with @riki
Old 2013-06-23, 01:32   Link #3313
XFire
150% done

Quote:
*snip*
Ok, I give. I still hate her, but my fingers just tried to mount a revolt against my brain for all this typing.

However, after all that debate (which I did enjoy, thanks for that) I think I figured out my main problem with Origami.

It isn't her character, but the way Shidou reacts to it. She's a stalker, she has a backstory fairly similar to him (childhood home in flames), she is on the other side of the major conflict, etc, etc. And Shidou just ignores all of this for the most part. She has never been the main focus of an arc. The closest she had was Kotori's arc.

The author gave her a lot of good stuff to develop and then... didn't. If this changes, so will my opinion. Until them, she's still just "Cock Block Girl" to me.
Old 2013-06-23, 09:22   Link #3314
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

After watching the last eps of DAL, I now have a rough idea of vol4, and it look like 2nd season would cover vol5-7.

Should I still wait for vol 4 and read something else or skip it and start reading vol5 ?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 10:16   Link #3315
Marly
>AS

Cockblock or whatever, Origami does a good job bringing in the grimdark that this series desperately needs despite being completely incompetent.
Marly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:16   Link #3316
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
After watching the last eps of DAL, I now have a rough idea of vol4, and it look like 2nd season would cover vol5-7.

Should I still wait for vol 4 and read something else or skip it and start reading vol5 ?
I would say read Volume 5 for the time being. I read it last week and thought it was good.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:18   Link #3317
RapidPotential
Spinning round and round~

Origami is the first real introduction of any sort of open antagonism toward the Spirits and this is exactly the angle that probably needs to be explored even further - despite the fact that none of them (the AST) can yet kill a Spirit who actually gets serious and unleashes their full powers. At least, this sort of seriousness can help the story develop in a slight more grim route, but I hope that if this happens, we will not lose the more light-hearted appeal of the series.

The events of Volume 7 has already hinted that there is more to the plot than it seems on the surface. I would say that the series has improved as it went on but hasn't explored much of its premise at this point; it's something I can enjoy nonetheless.
RapidPotential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 11:22   Link #3318
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post

I'm still going to read v4 when it gets translated cause the anime might have skipped some vital parts but idk. V5 is good and an interesting development
Old 2013-06-23, 11:40   Link #3319
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah unfortunately there were a number of things that season 1 simply didn't have the time allocation to cover, and there is in fact a very significant part of volume 4 that they just couldn't fit in to the 23 minutes of episode 12. (I bet they'll put it in the volume 4 DVD/BD though) With the stuff they had to leave out it's not a pacing issue really; they just couldn't fit everything into those twelve 23 minutes episodes. So you should read volume 4 whenever Baka Tsuki finished it.
Old 2013-06-23, 19:52   Link #3320
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What's up with S2's pic with Shido holding Tohka's sword and having yellowish Spirit eyes?? Is he really a spirit?

I don't remember seeing that in the near-exact pic in the novel, the one with Miku behind him.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy