AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-26, 10:18   Link #3701
Kaskodiona
Let's all love Shana-tan.

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
Do it on a piece of paper. Personally, I don't like computer made art unless my brother did it. He' good. But anyway hand drawn things just look better, to me atleast. And you'll be like Noizi Ito!!!She hand draws all her illustrations.

And I'm not gay but I'll admit Yuji is a dreamboat. Have you seen that kid?. Cmon like season 2? He had like 50 girls after him!!! Nice,gorgeous, AND can live forever? AND INFINITE YOUTH?! And those eyes, I get lost in those eyes......shana never stood a chance!!!

quote from shana:"I'll never do it with you"

HAHA give it another week and you'll be collecting his hair.........
C'mon, I wont be as good as Noizi Ito ;p Okay, I'm going to start it later! ...My dog is licking my elbow as I write. *pats Sparky on the head* Sparky is my dog :3
Kaskodiona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 15:38   Link #3702
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Do it on a piece of paper. Personally, I don't like computer made art unless my brother did it. He' good. But anyway hand drawn things just look better, to me atleast. And you'll be like Noizi Ito!!!She hand draws all her illustrations.

And I'm not gay but I'll admit Yuji is a dreamboat. Have you seen that kid?. Cmon like season 2? He had like 50 girls after him!!! Nice,gorgeous, AND can live forever? AND INFINITE YOUTH?! And those eyes, I get lost in those eyes......shana never stood a chance!!!

quote from shana:"I'll never do it with you"

HAHA give it another week and you'll be collecting his hair.........
Prefacing a statement like that with "I'm not gay" doesn't really work well. :P
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 17:28   Link #3703
pancakes
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukki View Post
Prefacing a statement like that with "I'm not gay" doesn't really work well. :P
It was a joke Mr. Technicality.

joke (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal
a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
b. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 18:11   Link #3704
pancakes
*Author

Anyway....here's a pretty cool video I found on the internet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llKeUqnZEMY

Would of put it in the videos thread, but couldn't find it.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-26, 19:11   Link #3705
Kaskodiona

Location: Location? LOCATION YOU SAY?! ...I won't be a bot and say it like a bot.
Quote:
It was a joke Mr. Technicality.

joke (jk)
n.
1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.
2. A mischievous trick; a prank.
3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.
4. Informal
a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.
b. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.
I bet you took the defenition out of a dictionary xD

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs22/f/20...e_Hedgehog.png
YES, GIMME A SWEET!
Old 2011-03-26, 19:13   Link #3706
Blutsauger

Send a message via MSN to Blutsauger
This thread should be changed to the Everything about SnS thread. I mean, we've touched on basically every aspect about SnS. From theme music, to fanarts, Anime, Manga and Novel. The list goes on. xD

That's an amazing piano piece. I didn't realise HIshoku no Sora's Piano was that hard.
Blutsauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 06:28   Link #3707
InuzukaHeartless

Forgive me for bursting the bubble people but....

Why is Yuji being duped by the Snake and do something evil while there is still hope and a way for Yuji to snap out of it and kill Snake of the Festival without being killed or disappearing forever. If not then Shana will have no choice but to kill him. By killing him the ending SnS will end up like this:
1. Just like School Days, where even nicer guys have no chance of being a good guy, thus making bullies out of women and girls who are the fans of it that picking on even on friendly and/or chivalric guys who do not want doing anything perverse or any other wrongdoings
2. She loses her love but moves on and continue her duties as a flame haze, forgetting her love completely
3. She dies/disappears along with her love interest with or without kissing each other.
4. She will learn everything about love after she lost him.
5. Any ending whose conflicts about romantic love between Flame Haze and her love interest can no longer be solved, thus a tragic love ending.

Any of these endings will...make Shakugan no Shana seem sadistic to its fans, make Yuji-X-Shana fanatics mad, make some men call Shana a heartless person, some feel like all girls are heartless except, "Yamato Nadeshiko" steriotypes who are older than them and who are romantically interested in these types of girls/women, as seen in most of the romance anime series...and that is what I feared for...

Don't get me wrong! I'm still a yuji-x-shana fan and I want Shana and Yuji to be together in the end. I hope you all understand and I hope I'm wrong. I hope someone will send what I feel through this post to the Shakugan no Shana author if there is someone.
InuzukaHeartless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 09:32   Link #3708
WTFNinja

Do any of you fine Shana fans happen to know of a place where I can read decently long summaries of all the released Novels?

I marathonned both anime seasons, and after that, I did look up a lot of information about the novels, such as the things that happen with Shana, Yuji, Margery, Yoshida, etc. But since I can't read the Novels themselves, and I'm impatient to wait for Season 3 of the anime (which will hopefully cover everything), I'd like to read summaries of the Novels to at least be somewhat in the loop.

However, my search for these summaries hasn't brought up many results, so it'd be much appreciated if you could help.

But, umm...since you were talking about the music, I must say two things.

1) Hishoku no Sora is definitely my favorite piece.
2) Reading your conversation on the previous page got me to look up a large number of Mama Kawada songs last night, and I must say, I now know why you like her. Amazing music.

So yeah. Thanks!
Old 2011-03-27, 10:13   Link #3709
Kaskodiona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutsauger View Post
This thread should be changed to the Everything about SnS thread. I mean, we've touched on basically every aspect about SnS. From theme music, to fanarts, Anime, Manga and Novel. The list goes on. xD

That's an amazing piano piece. I didn't realise HIshoku no Sora's Piano was that hard.
Someone! Change the title to Everything about SnS discussion! Hell yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFNinja View Post
Do any of you fine Shana fans happen to know of a place where I can read decently long summaries of all the released Novels?

I marathonned both anime seasons, and after that, I did look up a lot of information about the novels, such as the things that happen with Shana, Yuji, Margery, Yoshida, etc. But since I can't read the Novels themselves, and I'm impatient to wait for Season 3 of the anime (which will hopefully cover everything), I'd like to read summaries of the Novels to at least be somewhat in the loop.

However, my search for these summaries hasn't brought up many results, so it'd be much appreciated if you could help.

But, umm...since you were talking about the music, I must say two things.

1) Hishoku no Sora is definitely my favorite piece.
2) Reading your conversation on the previous page got me to look up a large number of Mama Kawada songs last night, and I must say, I now know why you like her. Amazing music.

So yeah. Thanks!
I found the later two thirds of chapter 3 in novel 16, and 3 chapter of novel 17. Well, some guys posted it here ^^ I can give them to you if you want, just tell me.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:02   Link #3710
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

@WTFNinja - You wont be able to find any long detailed summaries of the novels for Shana because...well, they dont exist sadly.

The little summaries people post on this thread is the best you will find in english for now
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 12:29   Link #3711
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
@WTFNinja - You wont be able to find any long detailed summaries of the novels for Shana because...well, they dont exist sadly.

The little summaries people post on this thread is the best you will find in english for now
Sadly, that's the truth. For now the long detailed explanations of the novels that you wish for is only gonna be present once SnS season 3 comes out. Unless one of the novel readers would like to spend their time thoroughly rereading the novel chapter and then putting as much detail as he/she can in one post.
Old 2011-03-27, 12:36   Link #3712
WTFNinja

Fair enough. I'll just wait for Season 3, then. Thanks!

I know enough information as it is, so yeah. Thanks again!
Old 2011-03-27, 15:21   Link #3713
Kaskodiona

Oh, I finished my Shana fanart. I'm gonna post it tomorrow
Old 2011-03-27, 16:38   Link #3714
Blutsauger

Can't wait for taht Fan Art! The title is stil the same though...-sigh- I'm guessing there isn't any moderator watching this thread. LOL. Let's see what we can do...
Old 2011-03-27, 19:18   Link #3715
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Actually, there are summaries posted here. Look for my last recent posts on this thread.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 21:52   Link #3716
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Here are a good amount of summaries on this thread for those who haven't seen them yet.

Long summary for Volume 8 - Chapter 1 (Credits to Teh_Ping)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
B-T's down. This update goes to Vol 8 Chp 1 when it's up:

Spoiler for Text:
Short summaries for Volumes 17 and 21 (Credits to Marcus H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Here's the last part of the summaries.

Spoiler for Volumes XVIII and XIX:

Now, we just need the summaries for XX and XXI: Centerhill's death and the reunion of the remaining Three Gods of the Earth.
Long first part summary of Volume 17 (Credits to Angrypokstick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Been awhile since i posted here. Been to busy with my job for the past 4 month. Anyways here is the first part to my vol17 summary
Spoiler for vol 17 summary:
Short summary for Volume 21 (Credits to Elf Song)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Finished vol.21
Spoiler for Short summary of XXI:
Short summary for Volume 20 (Credits to Elf Song)

Quote:
Finished reading vol. 20...
Spoiler for as far as I could understand with my level of Japanese...:
Short summary for Volume 16 (Credits to cnnydz)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
just finished vol.16 here are some spoilers
Spoiler for vol16 spoilers:
followed by a quick last part summary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
oh i missed the final chapter..
Spoiler for vol16:
Short summary for Volume 16 (Plus full Bridge Battle translation) (Credits to digger314)

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger314 View Post
As promised, chapter 16 summaries:

http://sites.google.com/site/asdigge...ter-16-summary

And with that, time to switch my mind off this until volume 19, unless there are other requests. Actually I might check if there's something I can do for the baka-tsuki translaiton efforts.
More information about things in Volume 21 (Credits to Elf Song)

Quote:
For the spoiler...
I have finished reading XIX. Open this if you really, really, really want to know...

Spoiler for XIX:
Old 2011-03-27, 22:04   Link #3717
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Sorry for double-posting.....

Translation for Shana's Powerup in Volume 19 (Credits to OmniDragon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniDragon View Post
It was posted earlier here but here it is again.

Spoiler:
Summaries for Chapter 18 (Credits to digger314, and Alvinkorfire for finding this)

Quote:
Here is the excerpt referenced in the Vol 18 summaries. I think this is interesting for speculations.

Spoiler for Volume 18 spoiler exerpt:
Quote:
Watched the series and got hooked so I started reading the novels. Thankfully the Chinese translations are up to date.

Here's a partial summary of 18 for those who want it (it focuses on the lines following Shana). It IS translated from Chinese, though unless the source I used is utterly wrong there should be no significant differences.

Spoiler for Volume 18 Spoilers:
Then the discussions sorta turned to a DS game of SnS, as well as Eternal Song, and etc. From pages 1-100, then from pages 100-150 things sorta got back on track thanks to Elf Song, but no summaries were made of Volume 18, or 19 from what I read, if anyone found a summary for these two, then please post. Pages 150-186 sorta is where we are now.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-03-28 at 17:42.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-27, 22:57   Link #3718
Blutsauger

Oh wow. Thanks goes to Hooves for reading through this thread and sorting majority of it out into neat little sections. Also thank you for taking out the summaries and putting them into one post for easy access.
Old 2011-03-28, 00:40   Link #3719
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Wondering why none never made summaries regarding volumes 9-15, which are the part that anime just screwed up with Konoe Fumina, was just checking the images from the raws and there is some really good scenes that I can't wait to read, literally, got on a suicide mission to try to read the raw with my 2 months knowledge of japanese, was as I said, a suicide

Spoiler for Too big image:

The Yuji's tears at the second image are easy enough for me to traslate it, but it can be wrong.

"くそ。。。つ、なんで、こんな。。。弱いん、だ" (if anyone can traslate it better)

"Shit... Why is this happening... I am weak but..." (text goes kanji after this and I can't read it anymore...)

The first image is on katakana so I can't help it, but maybe Hooves can.
The third is Wilhelmina talking on kanji that I can't get and Yuji trying to say "Shana"
And the fourth... Yeah, it's Yuji slashing Willhelmina.

Don't get cheated by the image, Yuji somehow got the blustsauger and almost killed Wilhelmina, then Shana stopped him and damaged his body really bad... Then I don't know what happened and if I see another raw, I'll puke so..
This volume is like totally dedicated to Wilhelmina arrival I think.

PD: Does anyone here owns the Viz versions of V1 and V2?

Last edited by SkyFlames; 2011-03-28 at 01:16.
SkyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-28, 01:04   Link #3720
alvinkhorfire

Hooves

Thanks for investing effort in putting all direct links to summaries in 2 posts. You have all summaries of the novel posted here, except just Volume 18, if I am not mistaken.

Summary for Volume 18 (All credit goes to digger314.):

Hooves, I am sorry to say, the summary in your second post should actually be the summary of Volume 18 spoiler excerpt, wrote by digger314.

Volume 18 Spoiler Excerpt (All credit goes to digger314.):

Hooves, do not worry about the small mistake there. The main thing is that you managed to unify all direct links in your post, for the convenience of all. I am sure that all of us here, me included, are thankful of your contribution here.

Last edited by alvinkhorfire; 2011-03-29 at 01:08. Reason: Hooves's post has been updated.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen