AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-05-26, 08:12   Link #101
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Welcome onboard .

About UFO, I'd say it's not really fair because, frankly, all first 3 levels should look the same since the protagonists are chasing the unknown ship on the sky, so you can hardly have different environments.

Glad to hear you also like Lullaby of Hell . That whole stage is my favorite in SA, even though people can't stand Orin's difficulty XD.
Old 2009-05-26, 15:49   Link #102
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

I have nightmares at Orin stage D:

that damn level is harder than Okuu's stage...

Well this is played on Hard. On normal I don't have real problem against Orin
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-26, 15:51   Link #103
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Still haven't been able to pass Orin on Hard, so I share your pain, man.
First time seeing the dead fairies in Touhou, and all they give me are bad memory.
Old 2009-05-26, 20:01   Link #104
herbert

I also want to share your pain, buddies, but my computer doesn't let me, it's just too slow to run SA.
Old 2009-05-27, 00:54   Link #105
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Lets say I desire to start playing these, Never played any of the shumps(Yes I know I switch the two around) in the Tohou series before. Any places I can start for free with?
Old 2009-05-27, 03:17   Link #106
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

This stuff's not free, unless you go looking for the illegal channels, but seeing as how we're not supposed to talk about that I won't say any more. You can find demos of each of the games on ZUN's website, click here to start looking.
Old 2009-05-27, 10:55   Link #107
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinoto View Post
Lets say I desire to start playing these, Never played any of the shumps(Yes I know I switch the two around) in the Tohou series before. Any places I can start for free with?
If you meant which one it's the "easiest" I would say IN (touhou 8) due long life and death border.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-27, 12:34   Link #108
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixG View Post
If you meant which one it's the "easiest" I would say IN (touhou 8) due long life and death border.
No, MoF is the easiest because Marisa B is a bug.
Old 2009-05-28, 04:57   Link #109
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
No, MoF is the easiest because Marisa B is a bug.
MarisaBugged only works unfocused and it can be very tricky to maneuver about unfocused during Virtue of the Wind God. Even before that, a single screwup will cause you to be very, very dead. Stage 4 is still ridiculous even with MarisaBugged. IN is definitely easier.
Old 2009-05-28, 06:19   Link #110
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourai Rabbit View Post
MarisaBugged only works unfocused and it can be very tricky to maneuver about unfocused during Virtue of the Wind God. Even before that, a single screwup will cause you to be very, very dead. Stage 4 is still ridiculous even with MarisaBugged. IN is definitely easier.
But you can preserve a lot of lives to deal with Viture of Wind God. If you can't keep at least 3 lives for the last one, you may not even see the stage 6 boss in other games.

Talking about IN, I just tried the extra and failed, again. Hourai Doll is dang hard to beat. I can't even beat it with 2 lives. I don't believe Mokou is a human anymore. No human can stand MAlice cannon as if it's nothing.
Old 2009-05-28, 06:35   Link #111
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
But you can preserve a lot of lives to deal with Viture of Wind God. If you can't keep at least 3 lives for the last one, you may not even see the stage 6 boss in other games.
Hmm that's true too. I still maintain that MoF Stage 4 is more frustrating than anything IN has to throw at you, in terms of the normal game. Border Team with its haxx deathbomb timer and small hitbox are great.
Old 2009-05-28, 16:44   Link #112
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hourai Rabbit View Post
Hmm that's true too. I still maintain that MoF Stage 4 is more frustrating than anything IN has to throw at you, in terms of the normal game. Border Team with its haxx deathbomb timer and small hitbox are great.
I haven't played enough MoF so I can't say for sure about Aya's stage. I may try it later (not on MarisaBugged of course.).

Sth else
IN Extra - Magic team
Herbert - 1.084.551.450 - C - 0.139% - Replay

I know I can clear the extra sooner or later, but I didn't expect to clear on this run.

Last edited by herbert; 2009-05-28 at 17:11.
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 12:08   Link #113
Solais
Youkai of Coincidence

Well, I don't really like to bring up old threads, or asking it in the Image Thread, but...

IN. Extra Stage. Mokou. "Honest Man's Death". How the hell do you dodge the laser? I've seen videos about that, and I even experienced that there are times when the laser don't hurt you, but I've trouble figuring out when. I always lose one or two lifes there. And I thought, after defeating Yukarin in PCB the Extra Stages will be easier. (They're not. There's the above, and I still can't counter-bomb in EoSD, god knows why.)
Solais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 06:12   Link #114
astranagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solais View Post
Well, I don't really like to bring up old threads, or asking it in the Image Thread, but...

IN. Extra Stage. Mokou. "Honest Man's Death". How the hell do you dodge the laser? I've seen videos about that, and I even experienced that there are times when the laser don't hurt you, but I've trouble figuring out when. I always lose one or two lifes there. And I thought, after defeating Yukarin in PCB the Extra Stages will be easier. (They're not. There's the above, and I still can't counter-bomb in EoSD, god knows why.)
For "Honest Man's Death" you must go in the direction the laser start; it won't hit you because it become active in point you were when it began.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote