AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-01, 15:02   Link #421
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I thought those details were confirmed fake by Ninja Theory themselves?
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-01, 16:07   Link #422
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

how about just sit and wait for the game to come out? or actual videos... because no matter what, apparently this game's reboot is too much for you guys.
Old 2011-06-01, 22:19   Link #423
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Not for me, DMC4 was a perfect title...you start out with Nero and his cheap hand to get to know the gameplay, and switch over to a hardcore 5-style Dante with 6 weapons on him. IMO nothing can top that, so going back to square one is actually a rational choice; in fact, I think that if they used a different name for the title and MC, people's opinion on this would be very different already.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:42   Link #424
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Guys , a trailer is out (work in progress gameplay) :

The lulz.
White Hair saiyan mode , why not...
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 16:55   Link #425
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Slow-mo matrix mode, why not (that was pointed at Bayonetta)

why does every buff trigger thing have to be a reference to dbz?

btw.. that video was awesome.. even more excited for it.
Old 2011-06-07, 17:31   Link #426
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Ah okay, I thought Sho was just ripping on DMC5
Old 2011-06-07, 17:47   Link #427
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

I bet $5 bucks that they added the "White hair" power-up thing to try calm down the fans about the regards on Dante's aspect.

The gameplay looks too generic actually and I don't see much of this so called "improvement" in comparation to the previous DMC, looks just the same but with anEmo protagonist, and it surprises me the fact that after 1 year they're still showing WIP... after 1 year nothing official, nothing new, neither something that "atractive" to call people to play this.
Old 2011-06-07, 17:49   Link #428
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

maybe if they showed some titties people would be "attracted" to it XD

and why is he STILL emo to you?
Old 2011-06-07, 19:38   Link #429
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Hm...not bad, I can honestly say that I'm a little more positive about the game.

Not sure how I feel about this white hair mode...
Old 2011-06-07, 19:53   Link #430
ForteAnly

I still don't like the new Dante.
ForteAnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 19:55   Link #431
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

I like the music, a lot actually.

A nice new spin than all the lame rock music from the past games.
Old 2011-06-07, 19:57   Link #432
Used Can

Haha... that video was so bad. The gameplay looks generic as hell, and they didn't show anything particularly new. But well, it does say work in progress. Hopefully, it'll improve.
Anyway, Dino looks as emo, chav and hispter as always, but NT said they wouldn't change that. So, that's empty hope, but well, it'd be nice if his actual personality in the game isn't just some teenager trying to be too edgy.

Anyway, DMC and no heavy metal? Lame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I think that if they used a different name for the title and MC, people's opinion on this would be very different already.
Indeed. DMC is a rather popular game, and its main appeals are the easy gameplay (which is nothing particularly special - unlike Bayonetta's - but it is fun due to simplicity) and mainly the main character - i.e. Dante. So, trying to "reboot" the franchise and especially, trying to change Dante... not a good idea.

I think they could have named this game "Bad boy in London" and it'd get far less heat than what it is getting. But well, given what they've shown so far, I don't think it'd be getting as much attention either, since this new game looks nothing special.

Last edited by Used Can; 2011-06-07 at 20:08.
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 20:37   Link #433
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Nope that trailer wasn't enough to grab me. They're gonna have to do better than that to impress me. C'mon where's the DMC 4 level quality trailer?
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 01:17   Link #434
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

You know what, I do like the new look of Dante, the whole White Hair Part made him look a bit too much like Inuyasha....

then again, now the whole Dante = Modern Day Inuyasha is complete.
Old 2011-06-08, 01:17   Link #435
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Trailer is ok, and while the gameplay does seem lacking, I expect a lot of flexibility with this weapon that turns into anything - after all, DMC3 and 4 got my seal of approval for the insane switch combos you could pull.
Quote:
A nice new spin than all the lame rock music from the past games.
I don't recall any DMC ever using rock :P
Old 2011-06-08, 02:32   Link #436
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
He's still emo for everyone. Come one, even the question sounds odd.

This game settled it's own grave since the begining, dunno it'll be the so called "hit" they anounced months ago (when they also said that old Dante is uncool and that Byaonetta is a bad game -_-), and to be honest, I couldn't care less, just another hack 'n slash game that I'll probably won't bother to try out.
Old 2011-06-08, 02:55   Link #437
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
maybe if they showed some titties people would be "attracted" to it XD

The one reason I played DMC was because the main hero comes across as cocky, funny and taunting. It is the main aspect why people like Dante and a major factor in why that character is not forgetable. However this Dante lacks all of the above, he does nothing but show how edgy he is, he smokes.. basically goes against anything Dante stands for which is a superhero who enjoys pizza's, sundeas, guns and the ladies. This guy is nothing more but a rip off of every stereotype hero we have seen in games that is completely forgetable: the sterotype in which the character is an anti-hero without character and acts too emo for his own good (such as the hero from Prototype).

Overall trailer reminded me more of Nero than Dante :/ some moves look like direct copies.
Devil trigger white hair made me unhappy, I was promised it would return in the game and not several seconds while beating up enemies.
I will try this game regardlessly, but if unhappy I'll just head back to DMC4
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 04:07   Link #438
Kafriel
Senior Guest

If you guys want emo, check out Zephyr from Resonance of Fate...so far we got one whole line for Dante Mk-2, so until we get an actual background, I'll hold my vote.
Old 2011-06-08, 04:21   Link #439
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

DmC japanese site - there's nothing in there but the trailer.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/dmc/

Confirmed that the new movie will be based on this DmC and his name is now "Tony" from the novel and anime. Tony Anthony Redgrave.

New hair style so Tameen won't get the hate

Too many flaws seen in this gameplay trailer.

just look at this...

Clearly here we see Donte decapitate a demon in the legs...but WTF?!!

The body was sliced instead of the legs.....

Tsk Tsk....So early on there are alot of trouble brewing with the combat already....

I thought they said realistic? This isn't realistic decapitation.......

Also it seems to "COVER" that up they're using flashes so it seems Donte has decapitated the the demon in that part of his body which clearly when in slowdown it's not.

Gun juggle the demons don't flinch when getting shot at they're just there not moving and spilling out black blood. Also seems you can spam the spinning chain tentacle attack thingy like in GOW.

Anyways seems this will be the silent type Dante like in DMC2, so pretty much we got an upgraded DMC2 version in DmC with the gameplay of HS+GOW+Prototype and Alice. Since the slow down, arial combo, execution, prototype tentacle sword are all taken from those other games. Unoriginal, I thought this was supposed to be fresh and new?
Old 2011-06-08, 07:02   Link #440
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Im going to have to bonk you on the head for the body chopping complaint, you want them to bother making all the fodder MGS Rising cuttable? that takes a lot of programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
The one reason I played DMC was because the main hero comes across as cocky, funny and taunting. It is the main aspect why people like Dante and a major factor in why that character is not forgetable. However this Dante lacks all of the above, he does nothing but show how edgy he is, he smokes.. basically goes against anything Dante stands for which is a superhero who enjoys pizza's, sundeas, guns and the ladies. This guy is nothing more but a rip off of every stereotype hero we have seen in games that is completely forgetable: the sterotype in which the character is an anti-hero without character and acts too emo for his own good (such as the hero from Prototype).
we've seen no character background of this dante, how do you know he's not cocky,funny and taunting? altho i'd rather him be cocky,asshole and taunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
He's still emo for everyone. Come one, even the question sounds odd.

This game settled it's own grave since the begining, dunno it'll be the so called "hit" they anounced months ago (when they also said that old Dante is uncool and that Byaonetta is a bad game -_-), and to be honest, I couldn't care less, just another hack 'n slash game that I'll probably won't bother to try out.
well they weren't lying about one of those