AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-11-08, 01:51   Link #1
donna8157

The Incredibles

Have any of you seen this movie?!

It's soo good! You must go watch it! =D I loved all the spoofs on comic book action heroes, political cartoons, and James Bond movies.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 02:12   Link #2
Meow
So Who Is On Top ?

My rating:

Animation: 10/10 amazing CG animation wise. Totaly blows final fantaisy. PIXAR blows !

Story: 6/10 ok im not into super hero stuffs, all to say that superman was a good hit in the 50's but today its getting quite old and unoriginal. Especialy boring and uninteresting tight suits. Also you have a copy of overused super powers like in the fantastic 4, x-man, flash and teen titan.

Modeling: 7/10: Like any TV 3d animation like jimmy neutron boy genious. Reboot can do better. The movie as some lipsink problems while characters talking. The facial expresion is very good and the character design is unique. Just its cartoon networks style but in 3D. Tight suits ? aww cummon. not another unintersting suit like batman, superman, xman. spiderman... cumon it doen't look hightech ! I want original suits like in the anime !

Special FX: 10/10 amazing use of physics in the 3d world.

Voice: Its ok 9/10

Fun factor: 10/10 you must watch it on theater at the big screen. Jokes are funny.

Last edited by Meow; 2004-11-08 at 02:26.
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 22:11   Link #3
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Watched it. Loved it. Very funny.
Cute characters too (Violet, the baby).

Spoiler:
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 22:33   Link #4
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

I thought that "The Incredibles" featured some of the best dialogue I've heard in a movie for a long, long time. Pixar really put a lot of effort into making the writing absolutely perfect, and it shows. Oh man, does it show!
boneyjellyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-08, 22:42   Link #5
HoboGod
Necromancer

I doubt I'd like the movie. To actually go out and watch a PG rated film is going to take alot more than rave reviews and nation-wide popularity. I've still yet to see or plan to see Shrek despite the recommendations from friends and family. If anyone can convince me otherwize to go see this film, please do.

Reasons to not watch PG films

1) I've never seen a PG film without a happy ending, so it isn't hard to predict the entire movie from the halfway point.

2) 99.9% of the time, there will not be note-worthy violence. Though some films can actually make up for the loss of gore with chaotic battles, it gets tiresome after a while.

3) Stupid jokes. Not to say that there wont be any witty parts, but provided that movie producers want this film to appeal to youngsters, I will have to sit though alot of shit i'd expect to be used in Spongebob Sqaurepants.

4) Short-as-hell runtime. Who the hell pays $9 for a movie under an hour and a half? Movies should be two to three hours, not some 80 minute shitfest for kids with short attention spans.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 12:01   Link #6
Taboo
Riceball!

Send a message via Yahoo to Taboo
Harsh HoboGod IMO, It's not always if the ending is happy or not, but how they get there. I am getting some free movie tickets for it, so I will be taking my nephew to see it. I liked Shrek and Shrek 2 when I took him. I can admit that.
Taboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-09, 17:53   Link #7
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
1) I've never seen a PG film without a happy ending, so it isn't hard to predict the entire movie from the halfway point.
You haven't seen The Iron Giant? Where have you been, man? GO WATCH IT, NOW! Best american animated movie ever!

Quote:
2) 99.9% of the time, there will not be note-worthy violence. Though some films can actually make up for the loss of gore with chaotic battles, it gets tiresome after a while.
Well, if all you're looking for in a movie is blood and guts, just stick to the ecchi flicks and games and you'll get all the blood you want.

Quote:
3) Stupid jokes. Not to say that there wont be any witty parts, but provided that movie producers want this film to appeal to youngsters, I will have to sit though alot of shit i'd expect to be used in Spongebob Sqaurepants.
Uhh... well, if you've seen ANY Pixar movie, you'd know that there's nothing like that kind of humor anywhere near them.

Quote:
4) Short-as-hell runtime. Who the hell pays $9 for a movie under an hour and a half? Movies should be two to three hours, not some 80 minute shitfest for kids with short attention spans.
The Incredibles is two hours long.
Old 2004-11-10, 07:32   Link #8
Racheal
Super Robot War Player

Incredible will be in Singapore next week.

Which row is best to see the movie from?
Racheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 11:59   Link #9
NinjaServ

I REALLY enjoyed this film, BEST american Super Hero animation I have seen in QUITE a while. Most of the superhero stuff as of lately is just "NEW BATMAN EXTREME X TRIPPLE Z"....I KNOW there really isn't any NEW super powers you can come up with, but DAMN...the LEAST they could do is come up with NEW characters and villians.....anyways this film did that and it was VERY excellent.
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 13:53   Link #10
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Agree with Boneyjellyfish with everything that has been said. This is definitely one of the best animated movie made in US. Although the movie has the patented Disney-feel to it, the story telling is superb and politically correct which bound to capture the attention of the PG-13 crowd such as HoboGod. Seriously HoboGod, grab a niece or a nephew and go watch it even if you have to pretend not to like it.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 11:17   Link #11
Grey land
Minerva

I don't like that movie very much.......
Grey land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-11, 13:54   Link #12
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
You haven't seen The Iron Giant? Where have you been, man? GO WATCH IT, NOW! Best american animated movie ever!
saw it back when cartoon network wouldn't STOP playing it... gah that movie sucked, i hate happy endings. It had a tear jerker ending, but it still had one of those happy endings where people learn to love something they don't understand.... gah that blowed.

Quote:
Well, if all you're looking for in a movie is blood and guts, just stick to the ecchi flicks and games and you'll get all the blood you want.
If you mean ecchi flicks with lots of blood, violence, and gore, then please reccomment some for me. *nose bleed*

Quote:
Uhh... well, if you've seen ANY Pixar movie, you'd know that there's nothing like that kind of humor anywhere near them.
name one that didn't have light-hearted comedy. I've seen toy story and bugs life... about it tho... and both had shitty shitty kid's humor.

Quote:
The Incredibles is two hours long.
i'll be goddamned.... 1 out of 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Agree with Boneyjellyfish with everything that has been said. This is definitely one of the best animated movie made in US. Although the movie has the patented Disney-feel to it, the story telling is superb and politically correct which bound to capture the attention of the PG-13 crowd such as HoboGod. Seriously HoboGod, grab a niece or a nephew and go watch it even if you have to pretend not to like it.
PG-13 is even more vomit-inducing than PG films... at least PG films don't water down the violence they provide or try to appear more violent than they actually are. R and NR only in this house.

And I hate my newphews.... both of them suck at video games. Although the older one likes horror movies, it isn't pride-worthy enough to sit through something they want to see.
Old 2004-11-12, 18:37   Link #13
Cz
Needs more sleep~

HoboGod: With 1 out of 4 it should be good enough reason to watch. Better than 0/4 right? Plus it's only $7.25 here at student rate.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 23:49   Link #14
HoboGod
Necromancer

pffffff, 4 out of 4 is enough for me to go see it in the movie theators when i have to pay 8 bucks. 3/4 is enough to rent it when i only have to pay a dollar. 2/4 is enough for me to watch it at absolutly no cost. 1/4 only gets me to see it if somebody offers to pay for ticket and buy me dinner afterwards.
Old 2004-11-13, 04:55   Link #15
donna8157

The humor in "The Incredibles" is smart and I'm sure you'd find it funny if you watched it, it caters to both kids and adults alike (which is very hard to do). It's not like the humor that you saw in "Toy Story" and "A Bug's Life". "The Incredibles" was a more mature Pixar movie.
donna8157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 13:24   Link #16
NinjaServ

Quote:
saw it back when cartoon network wouldn't STOP playing it... gah that movie sucked, i hate happy endings. It had a tear jerker ending, but it still had one of those happy endings where people learn to love something they don't understand.... gah that blowed.
I agree, the Iron Giant DID blow...WORST american cartoon movie ever...but that has NOTHING in common with the incredibles. By far the Incredibles is one of the best movies of the year IMO (Along with Team America...LOL).
NinjaServ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 18:52   Link #17
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by donna8157
The humor in "The Incredibles" is smart and I'm sure you'd find it funny if you watched it, it caters to both kids and adults alike (which is very hard to do). It's not like the humor that you saw in "Toy Story" and "A Bug's Life". "The Incredibles" was a more mature Pixar movie.
mature as in cutting open a pregnant woman and having sex with the stab wounds or mature as in non-offencive bullshit that goes nowhere and leaves children with their purity and ignorance?
Old 2004-11-13, 20:11   Link #18
Reaver4k
Lucy's "Play Thing"

Send a message via MSN to Reaver4k
Quote:
I doubt I'd like the movie. To actually go out and watch a PG rated film is going to take alot more than rave reviews and nation-wide popularity. I've still yet to see or plan to see Shrek despite the recommendations from friends and family. If anyone can convince me otherwize to go see this film, please do.

Reasons to not watch PG films

LOL I agree with you.. And Dont watch Sherk, I did not like it at all, except for a few parts, when the Ginger bread man was being Tortured, I like that part very much. As for the Incredidles I am not going to waste $10 Cdn to see it, not even worth the bandwidth and time to download it..... Of but I will see it some time, becuase I will be seeing at school when theres nothing to do in class on friday, which is how I ended up seeing Sherk,Nemo and Mosnters Inc, and I wanted to kill me self during and after watching those movies. The Humour is not that funny and lame to me, well maybe funny to others. Now I would pay 10 dollars to see them lock the "Incredidles(or Sherk,Nemo(Well I would rather see Nemo eaten) Monsters Inc etc etc)" into a room with Lucy and told her to take her time in ripping them apart, and we will see how "Incredidle" they are. :fingers:
Reaver4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 23:47   Link #19
Shadowlord
~DESU

Great movie, I at first didnt want to see, it, but when i did it was worth my $6.95 to see it. Has funny (and at times sophisticated) jokes, and while the superhero thing has been overdone in everything (including anime) it was still great.
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-14, 00:41   Link #20
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Quote:
mature as in cutting open a pregnant woman and having sex with the stab wounds or mature as in non-offencive bullshit that goes nowhere and leaves children with their purity and ignorance?
You nailed it with the first one. There's a TON of tentacle rape in The Incredibles!