AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-04-06, 07:14   Link #28461
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, odd. The message itself is a anvillicious aesop about overcoming the hardship of reality, even though the Universe is an unkind place, and how fate tend to turn dreams into nightmare. (You want to be a badass? How about turning your school into a hellish training field! You want to be even more badass? good luck born as super soldier! You want to be perfect? NOBODY want to be perfect!)
Old 2012-04-06, 07:18   Link #28462
Eratas123

Does cutting oneself to use blood to distract others count as being self destructive?
Old 2012-04-06, 07:19   Link #28463
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A wee bit of foreshadowing for what would be one of the major interaction to take place(in the next Athena serie):

Spoiler for Sceene:
Old 2012-04-06, 07:23   Link #28464
Eratas123

Teaching classes 101
Old 2012-04-06, 08:55   Link #28465
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, I experience that back when I was a bratty, lonely high schooler. Self mutilation for the sake of getting attention is not a new case in psychology.
Old 2012-04-06, 09:31   Link #28466
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Fixed Charlotte's one-off ability a little.

The little sub-units can still carry equalizers but only 20 each much like a regular rafael. The KITE that serves as a deployable shield on the Rafael second shift's back is folded into 3 sections. Each section has 4 manipulator arms each.

Each sub-unit assists Charlotte in achieving a more advanced version of rapid switch called Simultaneous Swap, but that's not all they do. Each unit has their own specialty.

One specializes in managing data, general logistics and communications support. This unit also manages equipment that deals with such.

Another unit specializes in drawing up upgrades for weapons already within the inventory of Charlotte.

The third unit does the same, but this time it specializes in modifications for defensive equipment such as additional physical shields, shield generators as well as power extenders and the similar kind.

The fourth unit is more in tune with optimizing parts for speed and mobility, equipment including stabilizers, boosters fall into this category.

Other than these four units and the equalizer system. The rafael second shift is armed with twin 13mm machine guns on each arm that features a heavy buckler. The unit itself has many attatchment points for mounted weaponry.

The Rafael has two exceptional abilities born from the four sub-units. The most powerful one is the ability to link into the IS network archives. This ability is not usable in combat since it disengages combat systems to go into dive mode. Data on IS and their weapons can be retrieved this way but only by loading it into the memory of one of the four sub-units that accompany the rafael second shift. Other than that, Charlotte can memorize as much as she can if she so wishes, but it's all in binary so good luck.

The second exceptional ability is by using the ability of the first sub-unit, Charlotte can commandeer the repair functions of another IS. By overriding certain self-repair processes, Rafael second shift can actively repair IS units using data retrieved from the IS network archives.

As an additional information, the function of the head unit goggles has been added with a scanning ability. This allows for real time analysis of an opposing IS as well as other units to either pinpoint weaknesses or to copy equipment. This system requires dedicated assistance by the first sub-unit so it cannot be used for other functions during analysis.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 10:06   Link #28467
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

^13mm? Ain't that too huge for forearm-mounted machine-gun? the rifle has the same caliber after all. Unless you're talking about sub-machinegun with straight-laced short case, instead of bottlenecked long case.
Old 2012-04-06, 10:14   Link #28468
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I took into account the size of the IS fore arm and thought that maybe such a large caliber would fit. Then I realized maybe it wouldn't... so I added a buckler to give it an excuse to be a larger than normal gauntlet to house the 13mm twin shooters. However if it's still too big... then 11mm?

Though it is more like the sub machine gun really. A machine gun class is impractical to tote around
Old 2012-04-06, 10:27   Link #28469
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

If you're talking about SMG, it's more likely (dual barrel 11mm is not too far-fetched), given the size of Charl's other SMGs.

Incidentally, I think her Canon shotgun is way too small.
Old 2012-04-06, 10:51   Link #28470
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I feel the same way. It is kind of lackluster since I always associate a shotgun with a giant boom.

so is the one off ability balanced this time around?
Old 2012-04-06, 11:02   Link #28471
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

In ST, it was treated as equivalent of Taurus Judge, just more effective. Charles will carry more appropriate-sized shotgun during Gospel Arc (1 inch/25.4mm instead of 0.57 inch/15mm. For the record, standard loadout of human shotgun is 12 gauge/ 0.729 inch/18.5mm). It has the same destructive power of Heavy-caliber anti-I.S. rifle, with shorter range and bigger boom.

Yeah, much more balanced, but chances that 90% of the readers won't understand the mechanism. I have to read THREE TIMES to get it.
Old 2012-04-06, 11:07   Link #28472
demino_hellsin
That one guy

basically she gets her own pit crew

so all that's left now is laura's one off ability
Old 2012-04-06, 11:10   Link #28473
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Better than gamebreaker AIs

And you get down to pick the hardest one
Old 2012-04-06, 20:04   Link #28474
demino_hellsin
That one guy

hardest one? I don't quite grasp the meaning behind those words

I was thinking which is more fitting? basing the one off ability of Schwarzer Regen on the AIC or valkyrie trace? Or maybe something completely different?
Old 2012-04-06, 20:24   Link #28475
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, as long as it didn't make someone crazy, whichever would've fine.
Old 2012-04-06, 20:32   Link #28476
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Boost Link Module

Created by Prof. Iori Kirishima, this module act like buffer for core, frame, and the pilot, allowing extra boost of Synchronization (Ranging from 15-25%). First installed on ByakuShiki, it was later installed on AkaTsubaki.

When first created, it requires roughly seven slot bus. It was improved slightly in following June, requiring only five slot bus.

A phenomenon created by the usage of Boost Link Module is called Over Shift, a dangerous and extremely powerful temporary mutation process when the User reach peak syncronization rate beyond 100%.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2012-04-06 at 21:06.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 21:16   Link #28477
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I am now reminded of D. Gray Man... CRITICAL POINT BREAKER!

EDIT: so you were refering to nineveh's wisdom?
Old 2012-04-06, 21:21   Link #28478
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Incidentally, this cheat is what allows Houki to use Kenran Butou despite AkaTsubaki still on 1st phase, and it's absence also the reason of why Ichika unable to use Reiryaku Byakuya in gospel battle (had he did, it'll be curb-stomp battle).

Yeah. Also, do you think Gospel's OOA is the huge kamehame attack it used on Charl?
Old 2012-04-06, 21:28   Link #28479
demino_hellsin
That one guy

no... I think that was only 1 application of silver bell. It had only recently reached 2nd shift and its pilot was out cold. I doubt it would've had the time to actually use its one off ability.

Nineveh's wisdom isn't an AI though think of it as man seeing the world through eyes of a higher being. That should give you an idea of how much powerful it makes you feel to the point of insanity. Basically it's like ego boost to nth power.
Old 2012-04-06, 21:32   Link #28480
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

You mean like Setsura's multi-mode? This is going to be fun

Yeah, I knew, still quite a problematic considering it's a long term risk rather than short term risk like Reiryaku Byakuya.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest