AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 17:32   Link #1401
mochichan

^
LOL..7 yrs ago... the senior members are probably like..18-20s definitely
I guess being an idol not only give you glowing space monster but also ability to age much slower since they don't look that much older than the main cast.

Yeah I don't expect for Takamina to die too. It would be way too easy and too early in the season. That make me side with the theory of the girls just make their own team and perform along side the seniors rather than succeeding anyone.

Since there's probably 2 season, the first one will focus on Chieri while the next one will focus on Nagisa

Anyway agree with the other members need more screentime and back story but I guess they'll focus on the main ones before the others. Makoto remind me so much of Sashi, rather than Orine who wanted to succeed Sashi, since she's kinda "useless" too.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 17:36   Link #1402
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
It doesn't seems like her story will be a very good one, after all in less than three years A-cchan the 13th would already be a member.
Yeah, I thought so too. Specially since she's hailed to be the next Center in the manga, but we don't see her picture among the other Center Novae in the anime.

Something must have happened to Acchan the 12th that made her graduate before she could become a true Center.
Old 2012-06-11, 18:05   Link #1403
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Yeah, I thought so too. Specially since she's hailed to be the next Center in the manga, but we don't see her picture among the other Center Novae in the anime.

Something must have happened to Acchan the 12th that made her graduate before she could become a true Center.
I only looked at the first ch and it was in Chinese so there wasn't much I could get from it XD. I did order the first volume in Japanese which I would be able to understand a bit more, but it's only getting here by the end of July...

One of the reasons I'm really interested on the mangas is because I'm really interested in the succession system. Things like, what are all the names that can be succeed, when was each generation for a member join and when they graduate, etc.
Old 2012-06-11, 18:34   Link #1404
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I did order the first volume in Japanese which I would be able to understand a bit more, but it's only getting here by the end of July...
If you're buying it, get Heart Type Operation instead of Episode 0. It seems a lot more interesting. I heard they reveal what happened to Acchan the 13th. Oh, and there's Kanata in the cast too.
Old 2012-06-11, 18:40   Link #1405
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
If you're buying it, get Heart Type Operation instead of Episode 0. It seems a lot more interesting. I heard they reveal what happened to Acchan the 13th. Oh, and there's Kanata in the cast too.
On the same order I got Ep0 volume 1 I also ordered Heart Type Operation Vol 1!
I do plan to get all volumes of all the 4 AKB0048 mangas eventually and also the Blu-rays for the anime (pre-ordered vol 1 and 2 for now). I'm quite into this series...

Do you have any info about the Gaiden manga? I'm also wondering who were the members around then (3 years before 0, 10 before the anime), and what is the story focus.
Old 2012-06-11, 19:04   Link #1406
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oooh, I LOVE this episode... so much drama! Not only do you have understudy vs understudy rivalry due to the stand-in position, but you also have stand-in vs successor when succesor learns that stand-in is closer to the orignal than her.

And I'm actually surprised. Chieri is voiced by the original Mayuyu? WTF? You learn something new everyday. Maybe she'll in fact take over as Mayuyu's successor... you can't get closer than that.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 19:29   Link #1407
mochichan

^
that's why it's such a mindf*ck moment when anime Mayuyu talked to Chieri who's voiced by Mayuyu in ep 3 lol

Wait..If Kanata was in Heart operation, then what about Mimori since they're from the same gen? O_O
...Maybe I should get the manga too. They should incorporate some of the manga in the anime storyline to give us a better idea.
Old 2012-06-11, 19:47   Link #1408
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
^
that's why it's such a mindf*ck moment when anime Mayuyu talked to Chieri who's voiced by Mayuyu in ep 3 lol

Wait..If Kanata was in Heart operation, then what about Mimori since they're from the same gen? O_O
...Maybe I should get the manga too. They should incorporate some of the manga in the anime storyline to give us a better idea.
Mimori is from same generation so she is definitely there at the time, but seems like the story focus is only on Kanata, Yuuko, Acchan, and Kojiharu as they're sent into a special mission to protect the clothes of the legendary original members from the Milky Way Great Phantom Thief Elixir.... yeah XD

Also was able to find a character list from Gaiden manga that happens 10 years ago. Mayuyu the 3rd was there even back them XD. The others are previous generations of some of the current famous characters: Acchan the 11th, Yuuko the 8th, Yukirin the 5th, Kojiharu the 7th, Takamina the 4th, Tomochin the 9th (they do have a lot of rotation), Sae the 8th, Sayaka the 9th.

There is also a manager that looks a lot like Tsukasa, although have a different name, and like Tsukasa was a previous Mariko-sama (the 5th). Maybe an older sister? Or even her mom? Or just coincidence.
Old 2012-06-11, 20:27   Link #1409
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Interesting that the kirara can show who has the best essence of soul closest to the original members. Nice job of Chieri making it into the stand-in position. Though those 76-gen girls had to rain on the parade. Nice job by Kanata to get her to think straight. I wonder what Nagisa was going to say, looked like she had good news.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:04   Link #1410
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
^
LOL..7 yrs ago... the senior members are probably like..18-20s definitely
I guess being an idol not only give you glowing space monster but also ability to age much slower since they don't look that much older than the main cast.

Yeah I don't expect for Takamina to die too. It would be way too easy and too early in the season. That make me side with the theory of the girls just make their own team and perform along side the seniors rather than succeeding anyone.

Since there's probably 2 season, the first one will focus on Chieri while the next one will focus on Nagisa

Anyway agree with the other members need more screentime and back story but I guess they'll focus on the main ones before the others. Makoto remind me so much of Sashi, rather than Orine who wanted to succeed Sashi, since she's kinda "useless" too.
The Urobuchi card may have to be pulled if it wants the same appeal as MadoMagi as well. But Takamina's death may be too soon, either way there is a chance the 76th will be used as sacrificial lambs instead.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:46   Link #1411
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm rather pleased by the use of River for the Under Girls, given that the first single where the Under Girls - or stand-ins, as Eve-Taku translated the term - was River. (It also had a song by the Theater Girls as well, IIRC).

And River becomes hilarious in hindsight when one recalls that the PV involved Team A going through a river, Team K forging through a jungle, and Team B being the Rescue Wing medics who I assume were looking for them. "Call of Duty: Modern Idols" was how one blog termed it. fast forward to this show, where the senbatsu are idols and also fighters - IIRC Sae spends more time as a mecha pilot than an idol, correct?

Also, I wonder about the connection between Mariko-sama and Tsubasa, who looks like an older Mariko. Is Mariko-sama supposed to be Shinoda Mariko?

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:07   Link #1412
maximilianjenus
[E]

Death by sacrifice is a common theme for kawamori, do you remember love ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 11:57   Link #1413
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Also, I wonder about the connection between Mariko-sama and Tsubasa, who looks like an older Mariko. Is Mariko-sama supposed to be Shinoda Mariko?
Yup Shinoda Mariko, or more like her successor.
I thought it's obvious?

The dance instructor called Tsubasa Mariko in one of the ep.
Takamina called her Mariko in the first ep too.
It's from the shuumei system so Tsubasa who succeed Mariko changed her name when she succeeded but now that she's not an idol anymore, she changed back to her original name.
It seem like all the Mariko become AKB0048's manager after she graduate. Which is really nice considering how real Mariko is consider the mother of the girls.

Also as I'm marathoning Aquarion right now.....I'm really pissed one of the character died since I like him, and his shipping couple alot, especially since he finally went over to the good side ........I don't think Takamina will be kill so early but someone will definitely die since it's Kawamori....
but then wouldn't all 8 AKB0048 members have to leave or die for the trainees to succeed them? That's kinda too much.

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-06-12 at 12:30.
Old 2012-06-12, 12:47   Link #1414
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

I am more concerned about the health of the 76th generation compared to the Senbatsu.
Old 2012-06-12, 13:01   Link #1415
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

....yep. Takamina sure tripped a lotta death flags. Pineapple Salad, incoming.

Still, I like what Tsubasa said: it's not just the reflection of the soul, it's training, experience, timing, etc.

"You too, were chosen."

Also, lol in Yuko leading Yukirin and Mayuyu Mk3 in glomping Takamina

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 14:11   Link #1416
Kazu-kun

Quote:
but then wouldn't all 8 AKB0048 members have to leave or die for the trainees to succeed them?
Well, I think it's obvious some of the trainees will succeed names with no current successor. For instance, Orine is gunning for the Sashiko spot, which has no successor, and after all the drama from episode 6 it would be really anticlimactic if she doesn't get it at some point.

So there's no need for all of the current 00 members to leave or die, just some of them.
Old 2012-06-12, 14:17   Link #1417
Random Wanderer

How about none of them die. I'm in favor of none.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:10   Link #1418
maximilianjenus
[E]

But I want them all to die amazing deaths
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:21   Link #1419
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
But I want them all to die amazing deaths
It will happen in the 75th generation idols, but I don't want any of 77th generation idols to die. I know I could accept such forms of tragedy, but since they are the main characters, I hope they wouldn't die.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 15:27   Link #1420
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
It will happen in the 75th generation idols, but I don't want any of 77th generation idols to die. I know I could accept such forms of tragedy, but since they are the main characters, I hope they wouldn't die.
I don't think any of the characters voiced by AKB members is going to die. The anime was basically made for them after all, so that would kinda defeat the point.

The current 00 members on the other hand.... well, I expect at least a few of them will die or leave. I don't like it, but I'm ready for it.

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime