AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2013-06-19, 10:23   Link #21
Moeterum

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Even Madara isn't that interesting, so Tobi shouldn't have actually been the Big M either. Instead, he should have been the proverbial Unknown Soldier, a character without sex or gender or identity who has become the amalgamation of all that is wrong and hateful about the Shinobi system (Obito technically is supposed to represent such an amalgamation, but he is simply too uninteresting to live up to such potential). Without a face or backstory, Tobi could have been a reflection of everyone that has fallen, rather than one whiny little Uchiha who can't accept the loss of one pathetic girl.
Yeah, agreed.

I mean he could've been Madara if Madara would have been a legend EVERYONE in the Narotu world knew about including Naruto himself, like Voldemort in HP or Sauron in LoTR.
Moeterum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:43   Link #22
shalala

Quote:
Seize control of the Jyuubi, then kill all the shinobi currently present, then destroy the villages. Badabing badaboom end of the system.
How will he be able to do so without knowing the seals to control it? :P Given that only Madara and Obito know it.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:46   Link #23
GDB

Quote:
Even Madara isn't that interesting, so Tobi shouldn't have actually been the Big M either. Instead, he should have been the proverbial Unknown Soldier, a character without sex or gender or identity who has become the amalgamation of all that is wrong and hateful about the Shinobi system (Obito technically is supposed to represent such an amalgamation, but he is simply too uninteresting to live up to such potential). Without a face or backstory, Tobi could have been a reflection of everyone that has fallen, rather than one whiny little Uchiha who can't accept the loss of one pathetic girl.
Pretty much. Either this or Tobirama. The former you explained, and the latter would basically be Naruto facing the twisted realization of his goals and ideals (see: Shirou vs Archer).
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 10:57   Link #24
Owlman

How would Jiraiya still be alive if Orochimaru had "changed" earlier? Oro doesn't seem to broken up about Jiraiya's passing.
Owlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:13   Link #25
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlman View Post
How would Jiraiya still be alive if Orochimaru had "changed" earlier? Oro doesn't seem to broken up about Jiraiya's passing.
-Considering that Orochimaru that gleefully committed numerous atrocities in the past are you so surprised that he doesn't exactly shed tears for his fallen, former teammate?
Old 2013-06-19, 11:35   Link #26
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Considering that Orochimaru that gleefully committed numerous atrocities in the past are you so surprised that he doesn't exactly shed tears for his fallen, former teammate?
This, so very much THIS

Which makes him even that much more unlovable. Jiraiya was his best friend.
Of course, I'm sure Sasuke wouldn't give it a second thought if he'd heard Naruto died wither. Sasuke is almost a clone of Orochimaru in that respect. Hell, he'd even be the one to deliver the killing blow (if that's possible, remember, we've seen Naruto regenerate what should have been a fatal Chidori).

Personally, I'd love to see the Sage of the Six Paths be the true final villain, and had HE been behind the mask instead of Obito, that would have been epic.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 11:41   Link #27
Tchadnis

I see everybody notice , Sakura doesn't really "trust" Sasuke like she is saying but did anyone notice that , Shikamaru also overhead the whole thing ? thing are about go down... since Sasuke came back none trusted him they just allowed him to give a hand ..
Old 2013-06-19, 11:46   Link #28
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Man, Karin’s character has become more and more of a joke since she got stabbed by Sasuke. Could it be that the betrayal made her lose it or something?

Now, even a blind man can see that Sasuke still has ulterior motives and can’t be fully trusted, yet Sakura still somewhat defend him and forced a smile for him (if not being in complete denial and insist that “everything is alright as long as Sasuke is by my side”). Typical Sakura .

Btw, Orochimaru hilariously intimidating those two really made me lolz .
Old 2013-06-19, 11:50   Link #29
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
How will he be able to do so without knowing the seals to control it? :P Given that only Madara and Obito know it.
No real seals are required (based on Madara and Obito's earlier efforts), just some Senjuu goo and a Sharingan.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:05   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now, even a blind man can see that Sasuke still has ulterior motives and can’t be fully trusted, yet Sakura still somewhat defend him and forced a smile for him (if not being in complete denial and insist that “everything is alright as long as Sasuke is by my side”). Typical Sakura .
Which ironically came just one or two chapters after she was fangirling over him saving her. It really does seem like Kishi doesn't know what kind of character he wants Sakura to be.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:20   Link #31
The Green One

Quote:
Man, Karin’s character has become more and more of a joke since she got stabbed by Sasuke. Could it be that the betrayal made her lose it or something?

Btw, Orochimaru hilariously intimidating those two really made me lolz .
Since when has Karin been anything but a joke?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:42   Link #32
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Sasuke is so going to betray everyone. Though it seems like Kish is going to change him from "evil guy who wants to blow up the neighborhood in revenge," to a "Naruto vs Sasuke fight over philosophical differences."

Kish seems to have written himself into a wall is changing character personalities to get out of it. Orochimaru changing from the "I want the Sharingan to learn all jutsu" thing, to a good guy.

I preferred the "I want to kill all Konohaese to avenge my family/clan" Sasuke over this one.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 12:53   Link #33
ArabianLuffy
One King One Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Are the Kage even needed anymore?
Madara isn't doing anything at the moment and will only fight with the first anyways.
Obito and Kakashi are in their own little world and the Juubi is under control of the 4 Hokages.

BTW, technically it isn't even necessary to defeat the Juubi. The barrier of the 4 Hokage looked like it could contain it and since those four are Zombies with unlimited Chakra, they could contain the beast forever.
It still hasn't transformed into its original state yet so we don't know the full power of that thing. Yea the other kage don't seem like they are needed unless its for a moral reason....though mei's acid kekai is pretty awesome since it melts almost anything.
Old 2013-06-19, 13:46   Link #34
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Kishi seems to have written himself into a wall is changing character personalities to get out of it.
Pretty much...on one hand, you have Sasuke himself and all his smug I-do-what-I-want talk (pretty much changing sides just because, somehow those who sullied the name of Uchiha are allowed to live now), then there's Karin, who went from "<3 Sasuke 4eva" to "omg Sasuke's chakra is cold and dark" which ended in her getting run through via chidori, to yet ANOTHER "Sasuke penetrated me and it felt sooo good" state, which completely reverts her back to what she was upon her introduction.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:02   Link #35
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11rparker View Post
So I don't see madara winning anymore unless he becomes the jinjuriki for the biju otherwise it seems like a done deal. Full shinobi army + old hokages + the newer kages + naruto Sakura Saske combo = done deal.
You are underestimating him, we didn't see his full power yet, remember that he fought the 1st hokage in order to obtain the rinnegan which combined with all his other powers makes him as powerful as the sage of 6 paths before the sage sealed the 10-tails in himself (which means the sage beat the real 10-tails and not the weakened version of it that the whole army isn't able to beat).

Quote:
The First is supposed to be on par with madara by himself soooooo......
That's why his plan was to obtain the rinnegan, so his current power is unknown, it depends on the author, if the author wants Madara to be the final villain in this war then expect to see Madara be able to suck out souls of people like Nagato did while cutting the rest to pieces with his perfect susano, while he simultaneusly uses shinra tensei and chibaku tensei to completely disorient the enemy's perception of gravity. We did see Nagato fighting for a brief moment, he K.O.ed both Naruto and Bee effortlessly despite being immobile and not having all the EMS powers and knowledge that Madara has (and i don't even have to mention that now he also has Hashirama's tree powers, those are probably now meant to be his lesser powers, probably auxiliary power that will be combined with EMS and rinnegan jutsu for greater effect like he did combine kyuubi with a susano armor, the tree powers might also come into play if he wants to also subdue the tailed beasts with it).
I will be annoyed if Madara doesn't show his full power in an epic fight, because then all the build up that was done until now would go to waste.

Quote:
Iam pretty sure orchimaru is gonna find some type of way to bring in jiriya too.
He's the greatest master of Edo Tensei, but right now Jiraiya would be useless, so i guess Orochi would only do it if he becomes nostalgic, as he is now he might be overwhelmed with such emotions and do it.

Quote:
It's seems like kishimoto is gonna do some more Kakashi Obito foolishness. HURRY UP KAKASHI your missing the best parts of the war.
He has become useless at this level of fights so i think his only role will be an emotional role, if he can subvert Obito to the side of the alliance or die like a hero and as he dies somehow he starts a change in Obito's mind that later leads to Obito turning against Madara.

Quote:
... then I don't know why his pupil is not getting his time to shine.
If your wish comes true that might be Lee's death sentence, the finale of this war would be the perfect place to see the 8-gates opening based ultimate taijutsu. Actually i think this can happen because i believe that in the end there will probably be a mass resurrection with either Obito's or Sasuke's rinnegan.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:03   Link #36
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

"Naruto" (as a manga) starts to feel... "off" somehow... just not right. As if there was something missing, or maybe it feels like there is an elephant in the room... or maybe it is both.
Old 2013-06-19, 14:23   Link #37
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
"Naruto" (as a manga) starts to feel... "off" somehow... just not right. As if there was something missing, or maybe it feels like there is an elephant in the room... or maybe it is both.
-Yeah, said elephant in the room is called "coherence". Now, I love Naruto. The series has had its ups and downs many times in the past, yet I've stuck with it even to this day and plan to see its eventual ending. However, there is no denying that the manga has long since lost its original edge and that a lot of the stuff we're learning now, contradicts what we've known and taken as fact for years.
Old 2013-06-19, 16:24   Link #38
Alchemist007
*Author

It's a pity even Sakura can't say with a straight face that she believes in him. I guess there's only hoping that Sasuke's goal here is something worthwhile, which I doubt.
Old 2013-06-19, 16:44   Link #39
Monster0

Paula Abdul turned 51 today,what's up Tsunade? was it the booze?

So if One Piece is the McDonalds of manga (McManga haha )then Naruto is burger king.At least you can get onion rings instead of boring fries.
Monster0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 16:48   Link #40
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
I was curious about this too. Feels like Sakura has something to say about it honestly. Hopefully Kishi gets to it sometime in the follow chapter(s).
takai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion