AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-07-12, 21:26   Link #2181
junseo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
This metal gear cosplay is spot on. I think this is the best I've seen.
Old 2013-07-13, 03:00   Link #2182
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hi. Just as promised, here's the report on Oh No Manga Cosplay Camp 2, held at SMX Hall 1.

This is a large anime convention. Just for a little info, the first Oh No Manga Cosplay Camp was held at SMNE Skydome, and we were crowded like heck in there. Thankfully, SMX is a much bigger place than Skydome, so this Oh No is more comfortable to attend than the first one.

Time: approximately 11 a.m

When we arrived, we proceeded to the 2nd floor because I didn't know that the con is being held at the first floor.

But we did find a friend at the 2nd floor. First photo for the day is my friend Anjeline. Cosplaying as Mirai Suenaga. She's really excited about this con, and told me that she even had a dream about it a few days before.

Next cosplayer we met is Shash. Hmm, I guess it's better start cosplaying at a young age. Beside her is my friend Karen.

Went down to the ground floor to buy tickets.
Karen told me that she would like to have a pic with the Kakashi cosplayer.

Irine from Dragon Nest cosplay

Bought tickets and went inside Hall 1.

Danci cosplaying as Sailor Saturn

Jewelle's Collections, they sell doujins and other stuff. They also sort of saved the day for me. They gave me a sheet of bond paper, because I forgot my notebook for taking people's names.

A look at the stage

Dragon Nest area

Mobile Suit statue, you can have an idea of how large it is by comparing it to the shutter door behind it.

Cardcaptor Sakura cosplayer, not shown here but her costume has a really long tail! Cute.

Minions for sale

We bought some souvenirs from this table.

. .

Kuinichii cosplaying as Black Rabbit, she's one of the people who stayed the whole day. I saw her again in the afternoon.

We are on sale everyday!

Dolls from ManikaManila

They seem to be doing promotional work for contact lenses.
Stockings cosplayer is Vanie, and her companion is Inah.

A masked man

Saw some more shops and displays as we walked along.
Otaku's Den, Vogue Royal, and some gundam.

. .

A view of the stage from the side.

Went out of Hall 1.

One more Mirai cosplayer

Saw one more of my friends. Jovelle cosplaying as Lucy from Fairy Tail.

Some more cosplayers that we saw outside.

. .

Went back inside

It's now approximately 1 PM in the afternoon.

Lots of cute anime magazines. There's even one that is a guide for writing Japanese characters. I bought a few to take home as souvenirs.

Tanabata! Make a wish? Karen wrote a wish here.

Saw the Irine cosplayer again. Asked her name this time - Misa.

Large boxes that look like Kyuubey. Well, it's fun to pose beside them.
As long as you don't get squished in between. XD

. . .

Now a bit hungry, so we bought some Takoyaki. Hot, and tasted really good!

12th from Mirai Nikki. This is a good costume, and he acts just like the character.

Well, if 12th is present. There should be a Yuno for defeating him.
Satsu, cosplaying as Yuno from Mirai Nikki.

Went outside

Pink haired cosplayer is Liliane, another one of my friends. Well, she said that she's trying to crossplay as the guy character that she created. ",)

Camille, the santa girl that I met at a convention in Robinson's Manila, she gave me food there, and she gave food again here. Ate cookies. Went to brush teeth afterwards. Thanks for the snack.

Met again the goth cosplayer that we've seen earlier. Her name is Yuuki.
I think I also saw her at a past convention held at World Trade Center.

Let's Kill Some Titans!

Megurine Luka cosplay

Wendy cosplaying as.. hmm, sorry forget the character. But I know this isn't simply a maid cosplay.

Mitzi cosplaying as Grand Archer Rena.
Always nice to see someone cosplaying as this character.

. . . . . .

Went back inside

Saw another Haruhi cosplayer inside. Her nickname is Lei. It seems that she's with her mom and some other relatives when going to this con.

Eilene (Shirakiin Richiyo) and Neko (maid cosplay). They work for Vogue Royal cosplay. At the time we found them, Neko is busy modelling a costume and a wig. There's some really nice costumes in the pile, and at a low price too.

. . . . . .

Next we found Jovelle working in her store.
There are cute cat and puppy ears sold here.

Some rather nice drawings on this table.

Saw one more maid cosplayer.

It's now approximately past 2 in the afternoon. Starting to feel a little tired.

Walking a bit more inside.

Met Ayaka, she said that her costume is a mix of "Gumi and Ranka Lee". Well, people are getting creative. XD

And beside Ayaka is her friend Mei, cosplaying as Taiwan from Hetalia.

One more look at the dolls.

Just a few steps away from the dolls, I saw Sophia.
Hmm, seeing several familar people in this con.

Went outside.

And this is my friend Yuki. I just recently found out that she can make designs for shirts.

Need to remove some of the tiredness, so I went to the restroom to wash my face with cool water.

Right in front of one of the entrances of SMX, I saw Ayu Soulcross cosplaying as Kuro Usagi. And this is probably one of the best cosplays I've seen for the entire day. She even has her own photographer. ",)

. . . . . .

Next, I saw Zhykrys, she's another cosplayer that I've met at a previous convention. She's saying something like "You're eating it all oniichan!!" Ok, I'm not the one eating, she's referring to someone else.

Went back inside.

Arielle with her maid cosplay. I noticed that she also has a camera ready for action.

Gwiyomi Challenge!! As the name implies, you have to Gwiyomi on stage. :P

. .

Up next is the mecha cosplay event.
The first one, it's a little girl inside the suit, and she can move it well. And the dinosaur (zoid) cosplay is too big to go up on stage, so he did his performance in front of the stage.

. . .

Tall tower near the stage. If you are in front (of the stage), then the tower is on the right side. ^

Reimu doll on display

Enma Ai cosplay by Danie, she works for Vogue Royal Cosplay just like Eilene and Neko.

Some souvenirs.

They look edible, but of course you can't eat them.

Karen taking souvenir pics with some guys.

Band Error 505 with Jannelle Cahilig as vocalist. So nice to hear her sing again after almost 2 years. The last song that they performed in the afternoon is 「My Dearest」 (I'm not the one who shot the video)

Mineral water area - they told me that they're volunteers.

It's now late afternoon, approximately 4 or 5 pm.

Went outside.

Irah doing a Shirakiin Richiyo cosplay (alternate version).

Irah has a little Luffie with her. :P

Camille changed to goth cos. She tends to change to another costume during the afternoon.

Abegail doing a Shingeki no Kyoujin cosplay.

Jillian told me that she's doing an original cosplay. Not cosplaying as any character. Anyway, I think it turned out really cute. I'm a bit tired at this point, but I remember her telling me that she's the host of one of the events that happened for this day. ",)

Ranie cosplaying as Victorique from Gosick.

Evening

By now, we're just making our last rounds and ready to go home. Completely tired at this point.

Leonalyn cosplaying as her own character. A cute and creative design in my opinion.

One more Naruto souvenir pic for Karen

Some more cosplayers. Unfortunately, I'm severely tired at this point and can't make the effort to ask their names. @_@

. .

Saw Kuinichii again. She's one tough bunny, not looking tired at all.

Rin Tohsaka cosplay by Lily Ada

And some more cosplayers

Went back inside Hall 1 with the intention of eating dinner at the maid cafe. So hungry. XD

These are rather creative. Some parts of the drawing are "lifted".

One last look at the activites inside. Place is very much alive and active even in the evening.

. . .

And again, met someone that I know. Tiffany and her sister Trixie. Tiffany is cosplaying as Serra Farran, while Trixie is cosplaying as Airi.

Now, for one of the more unique cosplays of the day. Here's Odie cosplaying as Satan Soul from Fairy Tail. Even if I'm tired, I would still take her pic.

On the way to the maid cafe, we saw another Haruhi cosplayer. She's playing Magic The Gathering Cards with someone. Even here someone plays MTG.

At last, reached the Oh No Manga Cosplay Camp Maid and Buttler Cafe! So many tasty looking stuffs. And we are badly in need of dinner.

Strange drinks on the menu, "mana potion", "revival potion", Haha.
Well, I politely called over a maid. The maid who came over is Paw. She's rather nice, and attended to us before and after the meal.

. . . . .

Really had fun in this Cafe. Souvenir pics, as well as good food.
Paw told us that the chef who designed the food is Ms. Eloisa Kim Cruz from Heavenly Sweets (in pink clothes in the pic last pic).

Also eating at the cafe is a Meroko cosplayer, her name is Marren.

Sadly, it is time to go home. ;_;............

But wait...not yet!! While Karen is in the restroom changing to civilian clothes. I met one more cosplayer.

Lian cosplaying a character from Fairy Tail

. .

Goodbye Oh No Manga Cosplay Camp 2, and hoping to attend Cosplay Camp 3 next year!

Photos taken after getting home.

Some souvenirs that I bought. The GFC magazine and bookmark are given free as you present your ticket at the entrance.

Souvenirs given by some friends.

Well, that's all. Thank you for reading my report on Oh No Manga! Cosplay Camp 2. Next report will be about Cosmania 2013. ",)

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-07-19 at 10:22.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 05:18   Link #2183
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Irah doing a Shirakiin Richiyo cosplay (alternate version).

Just wanted to say this Richiyo (demon form) was quite nicely done both on the outfit and weapon . Definitely my favorite one from pictures from that con.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 05:42   Link #2184
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
One more Mirai cosplayer

Maybe its cause I'm male or something, but I tried sitting like that once, and its uncomfortable as shit on your lower back unless you have something to lean on. Yeah it looks good from an outsider perspective but damn it feels unnatural.
Old 2013-07-13, 06:35   Link #2185
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

@Kyero Fox
Dude, that Solid Snake looks AMAZING!

@Liddo
The Mirai & Rena cosplayers look delicious even though one of them looks a bit chubby.

Quote:
Mobile Suit statue, you can have an idea of how large it is by comparing it to the shutter door behind it.

Up next is the mecha cosplay event on stage.
The first one, it's a little girl inside the suit, and she can move it well. And the dinosaur (zoid) cosplay is too big to go up on stage, so he did his performance in front of the stage.

. . .
That Sinanju statue is glorious!

And the Sinanju cosplayer looks like a chibi or SD version of the Sinanju statue .

Also, poor Geno Breaker couldn’t go up on stage .

Anyway, the Irine cosplayer is probably the best of the bunch .

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-07-13 at 08:08.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 08:49   Link #2186
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Gotta love and thank Karen chan to showing us around the convention. Haruhi is the best!!!

They look so similar. ;D kawaii!

Actually I love every pictures of it. The costumes are just so beautiful and can easily see that they put a lot of efforts in them.
Very well done Liddo kun. I jealous of you :3

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-13, 20:24   Link #2187
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

Awesome report Liddo-Kun, my favorite cosplay is probably Irine's Dragon Nest cosplay, but they were all great. ^_^

Quote:

Large boxes that look like Kyuubey. Well, it's fun to pose beside them.
As long as you don't get squished in between. XD

This has to be my favorite picture though, love that expression.
Old 2013-07-14, 02:28   Link #2188
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

All the cosplay's are great. It's really hard for me to choose who's cuter, since everyone here is both cute and really fits the characters they are cosplaying. Those drawings were really great. I really envy those artists for having such talent, since I suck at drawing anything... >.< Moving on next, those takoyaki looked really tasty. I bet that you ate a lot of them, didn't you? ;p
Old 2013-07-14, 02:59   Link #2189
Palsa-San
General of Aurda
*Graphic Designer

I just saw this Final Fantasy X - Yuna cosplay from GarnetTilAlexandros on DeviantArt, and thought it looked rather good.
http://garnettilalexandros.deviantar...Yuna-307669675
Old 2013-07-14, 12:14   Link #2190
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Wow, Liddo, what a report! Many thanks to you and cute Karen-chan for showing us around Oh No Manga Cosplay Camp 2.

Always a pleasure to see some of the regulars such as Anjeline (beautiful as ever, no matter what she's cosplaying), Camille, and Jovelle. Welcome to the world of cosplay Shash and Little Luffy.

I agree, Ayu as Kuro Usagi I think is my favorite too, but Grand Archer Rena looked really good, especially with that bow! I liked the Naruto cosplayers as well, even though I've only seen a handful of episodes.

The expression Karen was making when squashed between the two Kyubey's and that "uh oh" look when she was posing with Satan Soul (who also looked pretty good) were classic.

Thanks again Liddo.

Endless "One of these days I really need to see the Haruhi series" Soul
Old 2013-07-15, 08:38   Link #2191
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Just wanted to say this Richiyo (demon form) was quite nicely done both on the outfit and weapon . Definitely my favorite one from pictures from that con.
Irah is someone that I know. Gave her a link to your post.
Well, she replied in Filipino. But here's a translation of her reply to you.

"I would like to tell him, thank you very much. Super appreciate what you said. Thank you."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The Mirai & Rena cosplayers look delicious even though one of them looks a bit chubby.

That Sinanju statue is glorious!

And the Sinanju cosplayer looks like a chibi or SD version of the Sinanju statue .

Also, poor Geno Breaker couldn’t go up on stage .

Anyway, the Irine cosplayer is probably the best of the bunch .
You sure like the mecha. It's sort of a habit by Oh No Manga. So far, their cons always have a giant robot erected somehere.

Unfortunately, I don't know any of those mecha cosplayers. And I told Miko (Irine cosplayer) what you said. Here's a copy paste of her reply "oh good ..thank u so much.. im so happy about it..no one appreciates me so well ..^_^"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
Gotta love and thank Karen chan to showing us around the convention. Haruhi is the best!!!

They look so similar. ;D kawaii!

Actually I love every pictures of it. The costumes are just so beautiful and can easily see that they put a lot of efforts in them.
Very well done Liddo kun. I jealous of you :3
Ok, I've texted Karen that someone from Animesuki likes her cosplay. But she's having a bit of problem accessing the net right now. I'll give her a link to your post once things are ok.

And I think the cosplays from Myanmar that you showed are nice too. ",)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
Awesome report Liddo-Kun, my favorite cosplay is probably Irine's Dragon Nest cosplay, but they were all great. ^_^

This has to be my favorite picture though, love that expression.
Ok, I just gave Miko (Irine cosplayer) the link to your post. Here's a copy paste of what she said. "its so flattering.. thank u so much ^_^"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
All the cosplay's are great. It's really hard for me to choose who's cuter, since everyone here is both cute and really fits the characters they are cosplaying. Those drawings were really great. I really envy those artists for having such talent, since I suck at drawing anything... >.< Moving on next, those takoyaki looked really tasty. I bet that you ate a lot of them, didn't you? ;p
Well, drawing contests are held in almost every con that I visit. In Oh No Manga Camp Camp 2, doujins are sold in addition to the drawing constests.

About the takoyaki. They smell strange, but taste really good. Not sure how to describe the taste.. a bit like eating pizza with calamari.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
Wow, Liddo, what a report! Many thanks to you and cute Karen-chan for showing us around Oh No Manga Cosplay Camp 2.

Always a pleasure to see some of the regulars such as Anjeline (beautiful as ever, no matter what she's cosplaying), Camille, and Jovelle. Welcome to the world of cosplay Shash and Little Luffy.

I agree, Ayu as Kuro Usagi I think is my favorite too, but Grand Archer Rena looked really good, especially with that bow! I liked the Naruto cosplayers as well, even though I've only seen a handful of episodes.

The expression Karen was making when squashed between the two Kyubey's and that "uh oh" look when she was posing with Satan Soul (who also looked pretty good) were classic.

Thanks again Liddo.

Endless "One of these days I really need to see the Haruhi series" Soul
And as always thanks for the comment.

The Rena cosplayer is hard to contact, so I'm not sure if I could tell her what you said. But as for Anjeline, I'll show her tomorrow when she goes online at FB.

I wonder what Karen's reaction when she sees that people like to see her gettish squished by the Kyuubey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palsa-San View Post
I just saw this Final Fantasy X - Yuna cosplay from GarnetTilAlexandros on DeviantArt, and thought it looked rather good.
http://garnettilalexandros.deviantar...Yuna-307669675
She looks beautiful. Costume is rather detailed as well.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2013-07-15 at 09:38.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 20:01   Link #2192
Ridwan

Old 2013-07-23, 20:09   Link #2193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

That's a trap again right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 20:30   Link #2194
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's a trap again right?
Guards!!!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-24, 07:45   Link #2195
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridwan View Post
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Sorry, but that's no cosplay, just a chick with large boobs wearing a bikini at a convention.
Old 2013-07-24, 08:03   Link #2196
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

And not the bikini she normally wears either by those tan lines!
Old 2013-07-24, 17:35   Link #2197
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Came across a very large collection (916 photos!) of cosplayers from Comicon 2013. Some of them may be borderline NSFW, many of them are very good. Enjoy.

San Diego Comicon 2013

Endless "Geek girls" Soul

Last edited by Endless Soul; 2013-07-25 at 08:30. Reason: How did that extra "d" get in there?
Endless Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-25, 07:31   Link #2198
Ridwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
Sorry, but that's no cosplay, just a chick with large boobs wearing a bikini at a convention.
Yep. But it's Ramadan and I was bored.
Old 2013-07-31, 00:27   Link #2199
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Alright. I've returned to continue with my cosplay for the day legacy. This time featuring the face Child of Maka, Niche and her companion Steak. The cosplayer's is called Shizu Ojichan and she's from Taiwan in case any of you are interested.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-31, 13:46   Link #2200
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
This comment might have left the impression that this forum is for some reason opposed to posting pictures of girls with boobs.
I want to assure you that there is in fact no general dislike for girls with boobs.
Concerning any further pictures of girls with boobs, there is no reason to abstain from posting them.

- your forum health team -
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cosplay, photo