AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-25, 17:42   Link #7861
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I still am not looking forward to having to go through a large list of daily quests per character.

I like the champion system because it lets me actually play my character in dungeons, not doing the same few quests over and over and over and over and over. I suppose it would be difficult for DPSes to rep grind via dungeon without the help of a tank/healer friend.

If they do not like how a fully day of instance grind can boost rep from revered to exalted, then implement a rep cap per week similar to valor points. Allow people to either reach that cap via dungeons or by doing dailies.

I also find their reasoning for choosing the new rep system to be stupid. I do not want the devs to decide which aspect of the game I must take part in (in this case, dailies) to have an optimal character. Next thing you know, in upcoming patching they will force you to read a lore book and answer a multiple choice quiz just to get gear to "encourage people to be immersed into the world".
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 23:43   Link #7862
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Apparently points conversions are happening in a patch this week. Also, Valor Points will directly upgrade existing gear in 5.1.
Old 2012-08-28, 15:20   Link #7863
Kyouka
Is Here

omgoshies im so exited for tonight
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 23:27   Link #7864
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Played a little bit more beta today, got to lv87 (almost 88), finished three zones.
Plot wise its kind of meh atm: the majority of the quests revolve around daily lives of the Pandarens/small scale conflicts between inhabitants. Things kick up several notches towards the end of the zones when the Sha gets involved - then ends abruptly as I get sent to the next zone... Maybe I am not liking it because there lacks an obvious zone wide plot and enemy?

What I like so far would be the dungeons. Even though I have only been doing normal modes so far, I like how they try to make boss fights a little more complicated than the standard tank and spank. Each boss feels like a mini-raid boss in terms of execution.

Back in Wrath and Cata, leveling up as a prot warrior is actually surprisingly efficient due to their insanely high AoE capability and infinite rage income. MoP made solo-prot extremely inefficient compared to arms/fury.
Old 2012-08-28, 23:48   Link #7865
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Played a little bit more beta today, got to lv87 (almost 88), finished three zones.
Plot wise its kind of meh atm: the majority of the quests revolve around daily lives of the Pandarens/small scale conflicts between inhabitants. Things kick up several notches towards the end of the zones when the Sha gets involved - then ends abruptly as I get sent to the next zone... Maybe I am not liking it because there lacks an obvious zone wide plot and enemy?

What I like so far would be the dungeons. Even though I have only been doing normal modes so far, I like how they try to make boss fights a little more complicated than the standard tank and spank. Each boss feels like a mini-raid boss in terms of execution.

Back in Wrath and Cata, leveling up as a prot warrior is actually surprisingly efficient due to their insanely high AoE capability and infinite rage income. MoP made solo-prot extremely inefficient compared to arms/fury.
Funny, my experience is the exact opposite of you..

The zone stories are awesome and there is a consistent plot. The dungeons are petty and amusing but not that original or challenging. Hell, most of them can be 4 personned right away. The raids do offer a good challenge though.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2012-08-29 at 00:09.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 00:17   Link #7866
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I got a question for those in beta:
What is the easiest way to get to ilvl440 so I can start doing heroics? There are no "normal mode" lv90 dungeons so I am a bit challenged...
Old 2012-08-30, 00:34   Link #7867
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I got a question for those in beta:
What is the easiest way to get to ilvl440 so I can start doing heroics? There are no "normal mode" lv90 dungeons so I am a bit challenged...
Quest every zone in full. ESPECIALLY the Dread Wastes. The reward greens are 437 and the blues are 450. Also unlock Golden Lotus and Klaxxi rep grinds (Vale and Dread Wastes repsecitvely) since they're 2 of the four reps that oiffer three 489 epics each at Reverred. Getting Golden Lotus to Reverred also unlocks Shado-Pan and August Celestials - the other two reps with three 489 epics on offer.

Note 489 = NORMAL raid epics, NOT LFR level, which is 476.

Klaxxi - Neck, Waist & Legs (plus 463 weapons at exalted and smith plans for 463 weapons at honored) (The one you'll reach Reverred with first - you get 20% to Reverred just from clearing the zone)
Golden Lotus - Ring, Chest, Shoulder (aksi Lw/Tailoring 476 epics patterns at honored + LW/Tail leg enhances also at honored)
Shado-Pan - Head, Cloak, Trinket (also weapon enchants at Reverred)
August Celestials - Wrist, Hands, Feet (also wrist enchants at Reverred and tailoring crafted 28 slot bag plans at exalted)

So you can fill 12/15 slots with normal level raiding gear without even raiding. Only weapon, 1 trinket and 1 ring wouldn't be epic if you only did dailies, scenarios and dungeons. However the valor cap is 1k per week, so it will still take you a fair while to get them.

470 epic weapons are obtainable from PvP grinding.
Old 2012-08-30, 00:43   Link #7868
Kyouka
Is Here

http://i46.tinypic.com/2ewz96h.jpg

omgoshies im huge!
Old 2012-08-30, 01:20   Link #7869
Westlo
Lets be reality

I love the new way the AH displays items by price.

While people have tanked something like Glyph of Stars to 29g each, I've sold 2 in the last hour for 250g. due to the way stuff is listed now.

All I can say is

Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 02:17   Link #7870
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouka View Post
Wut.

How'd you manage that?
Old 2012-08-30, 02:23   Link #7871
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Being able to ride Mimiron's Head, Fiery Warhorse, Headless Horseman, Subdued Seahorse, Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank, get out Frigid Frostling and sport the Camel-Hoarder title on every character now is the bomb. ^^
Old 2012-08-30, 02:43   Link #7872
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Wut.

How'd you manage that?
potion of illusion a rogue that pick pocketed some random mob new stone form plus lust to get more huge
Old 2012-08-30, 17:43   Link #7873
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Did enough of dread waste to queue for heroics: got lucky in one of the scenario loot bags where i got a blue ring which helped boost my ilvl.

Scenarios: I think the idea behind those are great. However I do not feel motivated to do them. They take a while to do and the loot bag at the end only has a "chance" to give actual loot. I ran 4 of them and only one of them contained equipment, the rest are just gold...

I think blizzard needs to harness the multiplayer aspect of the game a little more - things are starting to get boring with no friends to play with. The social aspect of raiding I believe is one aspect of why it is interesting.
Old 2012-08-30, 17:47   Link #7874
GDB

Quote:
things are starting to get boring with no friends to play with.
"Starting"? It's been that way for a LONG time now.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 21:10   Link #7875
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

By the way, you do realise on beta that no matter what gear you had, it was autoadjusted to the ilvl cap amount to test whether it was an accurate ilvl to run off of? 440 for heroics and 463 for LFR.
Old 2012-08-30, 21:13   Link #7876
Kyouka
Is Here

does anyone want to lvl something with muawwwh
Old 2012-08-30, 22:26   Link #7877
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
By the way, you do realise on beta that no matter what gear you had, it was autoadjusted to the ilvl cap amount to test whether it was an accurate ilvl to run off of? 440 for heroics and 463 for LFR.
I do, I was curious why some of my gear had a secondary ilvl then someone told me about it.

However, if the beta dungeon scaling is the same as the one they use for challenge modes, then hit and expertise are not affected by the boost. I also suspect trinket procs are not affected as well.

Regrettably, I already got rid of all my premade gear: at least the socketed helm would be useful.

Only had time to do 2 heroics so far. Lack of knowledge of the fights (and not studying the dungeon journal) made me a terrible player. But once I understand all the mechanics it became a breeze.
Old 2012-08-30, 22:44   Link #7878
zarqu
Stüldt Hĺjt!

New patch is teh funzies. Did a number of random battlegrounds as disc.

Observations:

1) Playing a healer is interesting now. I didn't die much pre-patch and I never die now if I play correctly. On the other hand...

2) ...Fire mages. Some crap geared mage killed me in 3 globals just now (I have full 403 Cataclysmic gear). Fun times. Also, warlocks -____-
zarqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 23:21   Link #7879
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Caster classes are usually every MMO companies favorite, so its likely they get a bit more OP.
Old 2012-08-31, 00:18   Link #7880
Kyouka
Is Here

mah real id Kyouka#1377

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows