AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-01, 21:21   Link #221
Zeroost

Spoiler for Isshin - Kaien:

Last edited by Zeroost; 2008-09-01 at 21:36.
Old 2008-09-01, 22:51   Link #222
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroost View Post
Spoiler for Isshin - Kaien:
that is such a fake it's not even funny. First you have the aweful photoshop in the first panel where they took Isshin and Urahara from a MQ scan and shoped it in to a HQ scan. I'm mean they didn't even try to match it up. Then they follow it up with just some extream close ups of talking heads that if i felt like it i could track down all the pics used in like 10 mins.
Second if some thing like this where to have happend pretty much half the thread would have pointed it out by now and there is no way its a "leaked spoiler" because: a)there is no way that could happen in the next chapter and b) there is no way in hell a spainish spoiler would be leaked before the newest raw spoilers are even out.
And then there is
Spoiler for history of the 5th squad:
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-02, 03:37   Link #223
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Don't think "noob" and "Aizen" fit in the same sentence since his plans have been at least a century in the making
Old 2008-09-02, 13:24   Link #224
animesexxy

here's a summary if you do not know

Kurosaki Ichigo is a 15 year old boy that has an ability to see ghosts/spirits. Because of his ability, he is able to meet a female death god (a.k.a Shinigami) named Kuchiki Rukia. To save his family and friends from unwanted soul-eating spirits (Hollows), Rukia transfers her Shinigami powers to Ichigo. As Rukia takes on a human shell, together they solve mysteries involving spirits and hollows until from the spirit world comes 2 other shinigamis explaining that it is illegal to transfer Shinigami powers to humans and Rukia exceeded the time limit to stay in the human world. After they sentence her death for breaking the laws, Ichigo snaps and swears to everyone he will retrieve Rukia by breaking into the spirit world.

Source(s):
http://thebigtv.net
http://animenewsnetwork.com
http://wikipedia.com
Old 2008-09-02, 14:57   Link #225
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

uh...did I just miss something?
Old 2008-09-02, 19:38   Link #226
kagato3

Someone misread the title and thought it was "what's up with Ichigo Kurosaki"?

Azein -110 years ago showed that he didn't quite know everything which at least seems to point at him being at least a little noobish so I stand by my comment.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-03, 03:02   Link #227
ArtCp

Aizen noobish?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Don't take the name of the lord in vain.
Old 2008-09-06, 08:04   Link #228
Kladgrund

Okay, i've always had my own theory of Isshin's past, and from looking at other peoples posts, it seems to fit well, so here goes.
(BEWARE: wall of text ahead )

Spoiler for Isshin's Complete Past:

Anywhos, theres my 2 cents.

Last edited by Kladgrund; 2008-09-06 at 08:27.
Old 2008-09-06, 14:37   Link #229
kagato3

Spoiler for reply to the above post:
Old 2008-09-06, 16:32   Link #230
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just to add

Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2008-09-07, 03:00   Link #231
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Is it possible that we are all just overthinking this? Was there any indication before Isshin fought with Grand Fisher that he might be a Shinigami? If not, isn't it possible that Kubo wasn't going in that direction and then suddenly decided it would be interesting if he did make Isshin a Shinigami?

It seems like either way there will probably have to be some retcon done to make Isshin's story make sense.
Old 2008-09-07, 03:19   Link #232
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Is it possible that we are all just overthinking this? Was there any indication before Isshin fought with Grand Fisher that he might be a Shinigami? If not, isn't it possible that Kubo wasn't going in that direction and then suddenly decided it would be interesting if he did make Isshin a Shinigami?

It seems like either way there will probably have to be some retcon done to make Isshin's story make sense.
It's not a canon source, but kubo once said in a interview that it was his intention right from the start to make isshin a shinigami.

Well then again, its all history, he can say whatever he wants
Old 2008-09-11, 18:06   Link #233
hillersto

My theory on Isshin is that he was the 11th division captain.

We do not know when Zaraki became the captain, but we know that he needed to defeat a captain to become one, in order to avoid the captain's exam. My guess is that Isshin was the captain that Zaraki defeated. Perhaps, the duel was staged. Isshin wanted out of SS.

We all know he cannot be Kaien because Kaien is Aaroniero Aruruerie.
Old 2008-09-11, 20:07   Link #234
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Is it possible that even though Isshin has captain-level power, he wasn't a captain? He could have been kind of like Ikkaku and wanted to serve under a certain captain (maybe Urahara?) so he kept his power a secret.

While re-reading the TBTP chapters, I saw a character in one of the backgrounds that bears a strong resemblance to Isshin.

Spoiler for Could it be a young Isshin?:
Old 2008-09-11, 23:44   Link #235
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillersto View Post
My theory on Isshin is that he was the 11th division captain.

We do not know when Zaraki became the captain, but we know that he needed to defeat a captain to become one, in order to avoid the captain's exam. My guess is that Isshin was the captain that Zaraki defeated. Perhaps, the duel was staged. Isshin wanted out of SS.

We all know he cannot be Kaien because Kaien is Aaroniero Aruruerie.
Please read this as to why it is doubtfull that Ishin was the captain Zaraki beat aside from the fact that that captian is dead, as that is the only way Kenpachi could have become a captain and you then still have the problem of Shinji not being able to identify him.
Old 2008-09-12, 00:51   Link #236
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Yoruichi View Post
Is it possible that even though Isshin has captain-level power, he wasn't a captain? He could have been kind of like Ikkaku and wanted to serve under a certain captain (maybe Urahara?) so he kept his power a secret.

While re-reading the TBTP chapters, I saw a character in one of the backgrounds that bears a strong resemblance to Isshin.

Spoiler for Could it be a young Isshin?:
Wow! Good eye! What chapter is that from?
Old 2008-09-12, 01:07   Link #237
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Unless its changed in the future for plot purposes the old Captain of 11 squad is DEAD . Zaraki killed him , so it really hard to imagine him as Isshin .

Old 2008-09-12, 01:44   Link #238
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Wow! Good eye! What chapter is that from?
It's from Chapter -107 Turn Back the Pendulum 2, at the bottom of page 10. It was when Urahara introduced himself to Squad 12 after becoming a captain.

It could just be a coincidence, as Kubo draws characters that sometimes look similar without there being any significance to it.
Old 2008-09-12, 01:50   Link #239
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hmmm...

If Isshin was in squad 12 that could explain his and Urahara's seemingly intimate acquaintance (and possible professional rivalry).
Old 2008-09-12, 01:54   Link #240
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

The only problem with this theory is that Shinji didn't recognize Isshin's reiatsu in K-Town. But, if Isshin wasn't seated when Shinji was still there, he might not have been important enough for Shinji to have ever met while Shinji was still there.
Closed Thread