AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-10-30, 09:08   Link #1301
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Hey, maybe Ichigo's mom was already pregnant from Bach, when she left him for Isshin.

Jokes aside: I don't really like it, that Ichigo always gains new powers. Why not become good with the ones he already has?
And the fact that every villian knows more about his family and relationships that he himself is also a bit disturbing.
Bach doesn't have to be his father ( though he could be). Nor Isshin has to ( again he could be).

Since the majority of people who know about his past seem to be of those who have been a shinigami/Quincy for a long time, it could mean that maybe Ichigo has existed for thousand of years.

Even if he could have been given birth by her mother recently, it could be that maybe he was sealed or reborn, ... and eventually came back. This is not really that uncommon in anime in general.

I wanted to mention this last week, but doesn't Ichigo's bankai and Juah Bach look similar? Ichigo's Bankai looks like a younger version of current Juah bach. For all we know maybe Juah bach is Ichigo's grandfather and not really his real father. Maybe Juah Bach's son was Ichigo's real father.

Many people could of course argue that Kubo drawing style is so that his characters look a alike. That could be possible but by the same token maybe Ichigo's Bankai and Juah bach are some what related.

It could even be that Juah Bach has some level Shinigami power. Maybe Quincy and Shinigami powers overlap, ... . There are so many possibilities at the moment. This is why i think Kubo is doing a great job and have gained my faith back.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:21   Link #1302
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by archer_shirou01 View Post
I remember something along the lines of " because Ichigo is one of those Special War Potentials ".

And thats because they dont want to have another Ginjou as far as I can remember .
You might be right, but let me come up with a counter argument.

The war potential comment could have been to distract us. Also it could be a plot hole at the moment. Also what does special war potential really mean? They way i saw it was that if Juah Bach wanted to , he could have killed Ichigo very easily. Also didn't Ichigo actually lose his hand in this chapter? I couldn't really make it out from the drawing but it looked like it. So even the guy that was with Juah Bach could have easily defeated Ichigo. Juah bach talks about having send that guy to imprison Ichigo/not allow him to get to soul society. He talks about wanting to take Ichigo back . He seemed very sad he couldn't. He could have killed ichigo easily if he wanted to. Aizen wrote a letter to his vice captain talking about how hitsugaya is a traitor. Did that mean that he was? The text doesn't have to mean what it says all the time . But yeah, i could very well be wrong. i am just proposing a few theories.

And as they didn't want another Ginjou, might have been an excuse to ichigo. If soul society wanted to hide something important about him from Ichigo, would they really tell him the real reason why he was being watched?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Except that doesn't really make sense. If both of Ichigo's parents are quincies, then where did he get his shinigami powers from? Why are his abilities as a shinigami exactly the same as Isshin's? (getsuga tenshou, mugetsu...)

There's no doubt in my mind that Isshin is his real father.
I addressed that in few posts below that post .

But Ichigo's (real) mother doesn't have to Isshin's wife or supposed wife.

As i have stated my opinion, this chapter included a lot of uncertainty. At this point i am doubting who really is Ichigo's mother and father. Kubo could pull another Aizen. I am not really saying Isshin can't be his father. I am just adding a few more theories to the mix .

Also you talked about abilities he share with Isshin. Then let's talk about his Hollow powers as well. So If he has Hollow powers as well, then does that mean he had to have a hollow father/mother? This could be a result of an experiment as well.
Hollows who had Shinigami powers, did they have Shinigami blood?

As i said a few post earlier, maybe the two even overlap ( Shinigami and quincy powers).

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-10-30 at 09:44.
Whitemoon648 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 09:39   Link #1303
archer_shirou01

Maybe Bach's plan about how to handle those Royal Guards is where those Special War Potentials comes in ? HE wants to take Ichigo and those other SWPs so that they can help him with that plan . just a random thought .

And yes , we need better translations for these things .
archer_shirou01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 09:40   Link #1304
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
ever considered that ichigo might actually be an aizen experiment? what if he turns out to be a quincy who was infused with shinigami powers just because aizen thought it would be interesting? he infused hollow powers on shinigami and arrancar so why not play with quincies and shinigami? the fact that ichigo has isshin's powers could simply mean that isshin took part in the whole experiment. it was his shinigami powers that were implanted into ichigo, that's why they have similar zanpakutou. i know this seems farfetched but this is kubo we're talking about, anything is possible with him if he wants it to happen in his world. just look at the number of power-ups he has given ichigo, isn't that a bit too much for just one 17-year-old hero? shonen manga are known for their overpowered heroes but ichigo is definitely one of the most overpowered ones in recent history.
Another possible theory . I like it personally.

If i might add to that, Ichigo's Bankai is kind of unique. the first time he fought Bakuya, he said his Bankai isn't really a bankai or didn't look like it. I think this can somewhat support what you are saying here as well.

Although Isshin could be related to Ichigo or be his father, as you said, it's Kubo's Manga. He could very well give us another explanation as why Ichigo and Isshin have similar Bankai's that doesn't have to make Isshin his father. Since it's unlikely and unpredictable, it's unique and good imo. It's basically not cliche if it's new.

Another thing i wanted to add to support your theory, is the fact that The first thing Juah Bach did was that he went after Aizen who also supposedly knew a lot about Ichigo's past ( maybe an experiment as you said). And when he refused to help Juah Bach he said, he killed Aizen if i remember correctly.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:58   Link #1305
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin myael View Post
ever considered that ichigo might actually be an aizen experiment? what if he turns out to be a quincy who was infused with shinigami powers just because aizen thought it would be interesting? he infused hollow powers on shinigami and arrancar so why not play with quincies and shinigami? the fact that ichigo has isshin's powers could simply mean that isshin took part in the whole experiment. it was his shinigami powers that were implanted into ichigo, that's why they have similar zanpakutou. i know this seems farfetched but this is kubo we're talking about, anything is possible with him if he wants it to happen in his world. just look at the number of power-ups he has given ichigo, isn't that a bit too much for just one 17-year-old hero? shonen manga are known for their overpowered heroes but ichigo is definitely one of the most overpowered ones in recent history.
That's a possibility, indeed. I personally want Aizen to stay out of this though. He's always behind everything and it's seriously getting annoying.

In any case, for now, I believe that Bach calling Ichigo "son" doesn't really mean he's his father. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long before finding out the truth behind Ichigo's birth.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:01   Link #1306
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Another thing i wanted to add to support your theory, is the fact that The first thing Juah Bach did was that he went after Aizen who also supposedly knew a lot about Ichigo's past ( maybe an experiment as you said). And when he refused to help Juah Bach he said, he killed Aizen if i remember correctly.
aizen's not dead. bach just left him in prison which at this point, might have been destroyed along with most of SS.

the war potential thing could use some embelishment, but i guess we have to wait until we find out who all 5 are to know what it actually means. all we do know is that 'potential' means exactly that. it doesn't mean that the people are particularly strong, since we saw kenpachi lose off screen to bach and was a disappointment to him
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 10:15   Link #1307
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
aizen's not dead. bach just left him in prison which at this point, might have been destroyed along with most of SS.

the war potential thing could use some embelishment, but i guess we have to wait until we find out who all 5 are to know what it actually means. all we do know is that 'potential' means exactly that. it doesn't mean that the people are particularly strong, since we saw kenpachi lose off screen to bach and was a disappointment to him
I don't remember it exactly but i think maybe a version of translation that i originally read hinted that he tried to kill him ( not sure ) regardless i didn't mean that he died. Obviously Aizen wouldn't die just like that and plus he is immortal .

I read it again and yes, he left him there to be in the prison but he did kinda destroyed that place when he was there, so in a way i guess an attempt to kill him ? Yes, my bad. He didn't kill him .

Anyways going back and reading it again, i think Ichigo is the key factor here. He is somewhat related to Juah bach imo. When Juah bach told yamamoto about having gone to meet Aizen, the expresion on Yamamoto's face changed. Imo these are hinting toward Ichigo.

As For Kenpachi losing, he lost with a regular Zanpakuto . He was strong enough to defeat three of the quincies who were basically easily defeating captain levels. maybe if he used a Shikai or Even Bankai, it wouldn't be as easy to steal his bankai.

But you do have a point. They don't really have to be strong per se. I agree with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

In any case, for now, I believe that Bach calling Ichigo "son" doesn't really mean he's his father. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long before finding out the truth behind Ichigo's birth.
Now i don't disagree with this either . There could be a chance that is the case. But it's not 100 percent . Saying i have "no doubt in my mind" a way means one is 100 percent certain that is the case. But saying for now, shows that you are open to other possibilities which imo is better .
Old 2012-10-30, 10:26   Link #1308
ShadowSeed
Split of Alignment

okay, that's it, i'm just giving up
any sense of logic of caring just went out of the window

i just don't care anymore, it's everything goes train from now on
kubo does whatever he hell he wants and i'll just watch and laugh hysterically
this is just...wow
Old 2012-10-30, 10:35   Link #1309
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Please literate why it has gone to the stupid side?
Ichigo basically has been given too many ridiculous rates. First hes a special human with shinigami powers. Then he gains hollow powers and bankai a level that is reserved for only high level shinigami.
The whole arrancar arc.
He basically should be dead about 5 times.
After all that he comes back and beats Aizen an opponent thats somehow managed to troll the entire Soul Society its pretty much bogus. Now after all that he's a quincy. Its like every arc the guy becomes more and more ridiculous. At least with naruto he's done some sembiance of training him isnt so bad Ichigo is nuts
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 12:30   Link #1310
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I wonder what's going to happen next. I suspect the zero squad to arrive within the next couple of chapters and ask a lot of questions. There's no doubt Aizen will play a role in this arc in some fashion and Kubo will probably elaborate more on the war potentials. With that in mind, Zaraki may experience some more character development. I wonder who the others are going to be, though, and I wonder what role Ishida will play in all of this.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:36   Link #1311
Eragon
Still Alive

From where I see it, Ishida's are redundant after this revelation. Apart from possibly training Ichigo in his quincy powers I see no role for them. Unless Uryu is one of the War potentials - but that would mean significant contributions to this arc from the other two(Chad, Orihime) sidekicks too.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:14   Link #1312
Algent

It wouldn't be surprising that Ichigo mother was Ryūken's sister, could explain why those 2 families are pictured since a long time to have some sort of deep bond/former bond linking them.

I also think the "my son.." is just a figure of speak.
BTW he got trolled by Aizen and was surprised greatly, zero squad seem to be taken seriously by them.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 13:17   Link #1313
Limenade
Boss Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
From where I see it, Ishida's are redundant after this revelation. Apart from possibly training Ichigo in his quincy powers I see no role for them. Unless Uryu is one of the War potentials - but that would mean significant contributions to this arc from the other two(Chad, Orihime) sidekicks too.
His mom maybe Ishida's sister or something tho O_o. Would explain why a shinigami as ichigo's pops and a Ishida a quincy have remained so close.
Limenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 13:40   Link #1314
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limenade View Post
His mom maybe Ishida's sister or something tho O_o. Would explain why a shinigami as ichigo's pops and a Ishida a quincy have remained so close.
Or maybe his and Ishida's father were in a triangle relation with her.
It could be anything, I'm just waiting for Ichigo to be the chosen one/ son of the spirit king/ etc.
Old 2012-10-30, 14:12   Link #1315
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSeed View Post
okay, that's it, i'm just giving up
any sense of logic of caring just went out of the window

i just don't care anymore, it's everything goes train from now on
kubo does whatever he hell he wants and i'll just watch and laugh hysterically
this is just...wow
This is exactly how I feel. Nothing makes sense anymore... Well nothing follows in a logical manner anymore.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 14:14   Link #1316
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I honestly don’t think that Bach is trying to say he’s Ichigo’s father, or at least, I hope not. After I calmed myself down (from both yelling and laughing at the very notion) I thought that maybe Bach was using the term son in a general sense. For example, “We are all the sons and daughters of the world.” Generic-ness. Especially sense, it seems, Bach has just figured out that Ichigo is part Quincy.

But, that seemed too benign for someone hell bent on bring Ichigo back to base. Then I wondered, would if Bach is Ichigo’s grandfather? I know it seems farfetched, but Bach knew that Masaki was a Qunicy and hasn’t tried to kill Ichigo either time they’ve fought—only been bent on subduing him. Plus he is like a thousand years old (or more) I prefer the idea that he had a daughter that fell in love with a soul reaper, was disowned (or she left) and ended up dying protecting her littler half-breed baby. But I don’t know if it would add up with the already established (--hah!--like Kubo cares about that) plot points and character ‘development’.

The only other alternative I could come up with is just taking what Bach said at face value. And that just makes this story so much more confusing. Like how did Ichigo become a soul reaper in the first place, if he is 100% Quincy? I could still seem him having a hollow side, but being able to manifest a soul reaper side (even a fullbringer) becomes extremely difficult to imagine. It opens more questions than solves them and basically destroys any or all of the previous continuity this story had (which, for the most part, wasn't much).

But that’s why I came up with alternative 1 and 2 because number 3 makes me scream and cry at the same time, and I’m past that with Bleach. I’m past that…! I don’t think that Kubo will make Bach Ichigo's father (Kubo might try to lead on with that idea for a couple of chapters because he does enjoy a good troll) but I think it will end up alternative number 1; number 2 is just a fun idea to play with.

More puzzling for me was the comment about Aizen in this chapter. Azien’s ability to mess with time, space, smell, ext. all extend to the use of his sword, so how did Aizen mess with the time? Unless he was using the hogyoku, which I guess could work too. But to me, this kind of hinted at the fact that maybe—just maybe—Bach released Aizen before he got his answer. But then again, I have to remember the hax-crystal.
Old 2012-10-30, 16:11   Link #1317
Enishi316

Ichigo: GO ON!...KILL ME, LIKE YOU KILLED MY FATHER!!
Bach: Ichigo...
Ichigo....
Bach:..I am...your father..
Ichigo: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. ..
Enishi316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:01   Link #1318
shadow1296

okay i have theory about bach and ichigo, isshin is ichigo's father and his mother was human but quincy's can be considered human but we haven't talked about her parentage it can be highly likely that bach isn't his father but is his grandfather because considering how bach and genryusei knew each other personal as if they fought countless times before, despite how he looks he could be as old as genryusei, along his calling ichigo his son could further relate to this
Old 2012-10-30, 17:03   Link #1319
DoubtGin

So he's a Quincy, too?

Oh my.
DoubtGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 17:18   Link #1320
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Btw Kenpachi lost offscreen to a fodder, not even the real Bach, which makes it kinda worse
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter