AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-09-12, 05:11   Link #54641
DarkJak2050

[Sighs] Alright, I've finished cleaning up Phase 1 of my Fic...

And as I've repeatedly said in the past after doing the clean up;

Project Silverback Phase 2-0

And if you read my Author's Note after the end, you'll find out on what's been going on at my end in the past 1-2 years. And why I haven't been on here as much...

[Watches this gets ignored and swept away down the thread]

DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 06:33   Link #54642
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

And if you read my Author's Note after the end, you'll find out on what's been going on at my end in the past 1-2 years. And why I haven't been on here as much...

How sad, please take a break so that you can recover. I still support you there DarkJack
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 07:41   Link #54643
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
The sky bear a deep azure shade of Lapis Lazuli. Few cloud drifted lazily the perfect background, themselves carried the bronze yellow strips of early sunlight. And the red hot melted-metal globe itself, the one that stand above every gemstones with its glorious, abundant rays. They reflected between drops of morning mist, created a spectacle scene of millions rainbow.

“Nothing can be better than this.” Ichika thought as he laid wide on thee grass field. A lighted cigarette on his lips, his conscious melted into the gray smoke. On the root of his tongue, there was bitterness - result of alcohol and nicotine. But still, he need to feel the cylinder object between his fingers.

They said that after every gaiety, there is a regretness. For him, the latter had already come before the former. Not that he missed his bachelor days - These years were marked with much hardships and few joy. However, it’s man’s nature to hesitate whenever he stands before a great change. Ichika began to wonder about every moments of his life, asking himself what had gone wrong, why, and could he prevent these from happening again in his awaiting new life.

His mind was in a constant state of conflict: He knew, no, more like a belief that everything, just like the sky before him, laid perfectly in place. But yet, scenarios after scenarios popped up in his imagination, the next one was even worse than the last. Self-reassurance could only do that much. Ichika was like a hiker in a long tunnel - He could saw the light at the end, but still wondering what was waiting there.

“You still here?”

Chifuyu quietly took her place next to him. The keen eyes of a sister must had picked up all to turmoil inside Ichika. She simply rolled her cigarette in silence, looking at nowhere, he same as him.

“It’s not too late to turn back, you know?”

Oh, but could he? This was not only him, but there was also a woman’s life on the bet.

“I...”

“I’m sure that Houki would be a great wife, a great mother. You love her, she loves you. Heck, our parents and her had already took interest in couple you two since childhood...”

“Wait! You never said anything about that!”

“It was nothing but some talk, anyway. After father and mother’s death, everything simply went… haywire. I’m not even sure whether would you met her ever again. And now, this. I don’t see why should I have any say in this. It’s your choice.”

As Ichika took a few minutes to digest all these information, Chifuyu blew out a perfect circular ring of smoke. Both of them closely watched it vanished into the air.

“My point is: Life is short, little brother,” Chifuyu spoke you the word ‘little brother’ with such firmness and care. “and this war only makes it shorter. I don’t want to see you wasting your time to hesitate. Go out there and take the gamble, Ichika.”

The boy pondered on his sister’s words. Either ways, there was no turning back now. Not just for him, but for his family, his close ones,... and above all, her. Pumped with a new found vigor, Ichika extinguished his cigarette and stand up tall.

Also, gracefulness rose up inside Ichika. His sister, despite her care-not altitude, was always there to give him a shoulder. Only now that he realized how bad of a brother he was. Wished that he could reverse time and be a better man than present…

But that was simply a wish. Something that he had to make it into reality by himself. Starting from today, he would be a new person!

“…Thank you, Chifuyu-nee!” Her usual icy exterior cracked open for a motherly smile.

“It’s nothing.” She said while helped him to re-tied the loose necktie. “And be a man, Ichika, that is an order.”

The road leading to the ancient shrine of Shinonono had saw many feet came and passed. The joyful steps of children coming to the festivals. The elegant strides of priests performing their rituals. The heavy treads of sinners seeking an appeasement, a reprieve, or both. And on this late Autumn morning, pacing up and down on the still wet stone slabs were people joining the celebrate of an union between two souls

After a seemingly endless series of stairs, Charlotte finally got to the front of the second gate of the shrine. Thick forest gave way to a Mihashira Torii, made of gray limestone just like the first gate down the hill. On both sides of it were two Komainus, and next to them were members of Schwarze Hase. The statues were carved to the point of almost alive, while these soldiers stands guard with the the diligent sculptured figures. She could felt the stare lingered on a for a few seconds before they returned to inspect every person walked toward the inner shrine.

“The invitation, if you please.” The familiar voice almost startled Charlotte. Laura had changed to a more subtle khaki uniform instead of her usual black. The same as with all of her subordinates. She could saw Clarissa guiding the way for an old general in the German Army, who had his eyes hid behind a pair of sunglasses.

“Let me see...” Charlotte looked into her purse while thinking about the special unit. Orimura-san must had prepared plan for an enemy strike, and the Schwarze Hase would be more than ready to be on this assignment. However, why should Laura take part in this small matter?
Still in search of how should I write. Any critic?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-12, 08:13   Link #54644
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post

Hope you got better

And Jak, I know you might raise eyebrow at first, but my ears always been open, if you want to share something private you don't eager to put in here, just send it to my PM box.

My problem might be not as bad, but I have been there done that, I understood perfectly

(Oh, and if that's any consolation, your writing hasn't degraded a bit, years of hiatus can take a great toll on quality, and you managed to avoid that)
Old 2014-09-12, 13:13   Link #54645
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevalier View Post
I`ll be borrowing Marvelous Maximillan if you allow it
Oh yes definitely, use him. It is only fair as I liberally use everyone's characters too.
Old 2014-09-18, 07:59   Link #54646
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Is demino around? I want to ask about that IS/Garo idea he had.
(Just started watching Garo: Makai no Hana and torrenting the older Garo series. I'm really loving the series so far)
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 08:32   Link #54647
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Demino reporting!

what do you need from my IS GARO idea? Sir!
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 08:40   Link #54648
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Demino reporting!

Did somebody said Garo ?
It has been a while since I last took a look at this thread. Care to gave me some link ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 08:47   Link #54649
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Demino reporting!

Give me a general outline and I'll work with you (I hope)
Old 2014-09-18, 09:11   Link #54650
demino_hellsin
That one guy

the idea was never a true crossover. It borrows the self-discipline of makai knights and places it in the ever hollow container that is Ichika. Instead of Byakushiki, he becomes more attatched to the Uchigane that he used in his entrance test, an Uchigane that never worked for anyone else but him.

Inside that Uchigane is an AI that wants to raise a strong pilot. Ichika was interesting to the AI because he was the sister of the most powerful pilot to date, Chifuyu. So she gave him a chance, one that he passed. Now he's in ISA, set on a collision course with all the harem mishaps and this time he doesnt have the one hit KO sword to help him. He has an Uchigane with personality issues training him.

What makes the resemblance to GARO is the uchigane and Ichika. The AI is encased in a bangle that Ichika wears, and much like the sword style of the bearers of GARO, he tends to run his blade against it when taking a stance. His sword is an Uchigane sword, one that he has learned to carry even outside an IS and is how he summons his IS by drawing a circle pattern above himself with the tip of the blade. The most abnormal ability of his Uchigane is an overdrive mode that lasts 66.6 seconds(maybe longer depending on my finalized specs). It turns the Uchigane golden and its overall performance increases tenfold at the very least. depending on the pilot's ability. Once the overdrive ends, the shine is gone and the Uchigane shuts down until it can recharge.

PS. Yes, the AI is a stand in for Zaruba.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:18   Link #54651
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
the idea was never a true crossover. It borrows the self-discipline of makai knights and places it in the ever hollow container that is Ichika. Instead of Byakushiki, he becomes more attatched to the Uchigane that he used in his entrance test, an Uchigane that never worked for anyone else but him.

Inside that Uchigane is an AI that wants to raise a strong pilot. Ichika was interesting to the AI because he was the sister of the most powerful pilot to date, Chifuyu. So she gave him a chance, one that he passed. Now he's in ISA, set on a collision course with all the harem mishaps and this time he doesnt have the one hit KO sword to help him. He has an Uchigane with personality issues training him.

What makes the resemblance to GARO is the uchigane and Ichika. The AI is encased in a bangle that Ichika wears, and much like the sword style of the bearers of GARO, he tends to run his blade against it when taking a stance. His sword is an Uchigane sword, one that he has learned to carry even outside an IS and is how he summons his IS by drawing a circle pattern above himself with the tip of the blade. The most abnormal ability of his Uchigane is an overdrive mode that lasts 66.6 seconds(maybe longer depending on my finalized specs). It turns the Uchigane golden and its overall performance increases tenfold at the very least. depending on the pilot's ability. Once the overdrive ends, the shine is gone and the Uchigane shuts down until it can recharge.

PS. Yes, the AI is a stand in for Zaruba.
I'd love to see more of this. Of course it'd be a bonus if the Overdrive mode can summon a great sword and a golden metal horse, which are freaking awesome.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:20   Link #54652
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Ah, and here I thought it would be a crossover. Well it's cool, but I don't think it's my cup of tea.

I had a problem with that IS/Garo cross - namely, the "first female Makai Knight" sounds too much like Mary Sue to me.

Well, how about Dan as a Makai Knight?

Edit: I'll still help you on that idea though

First: Where did the AI come from? A glitch? A bug? Some sort of manifestation for the spirits of the people wishing to be an IS pilot? That really needs to be explained and why that particular Uchigane got the AI instead of the others.

Second: How about 66.6 for starter? The stronger Ichika becomes the longer he can use that overdrive mode. There still should be a max - 99.9 as a nod to the Garo series?

Third: Hmm, maybe after 100 hours of use, the golden shine will be unavailable untill Ichika completes a test by the AI. This test unlocks the golden great sword. Another 100 hours of use and he'll take another test for the golden metal horse.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:24   Link #54653
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
Well, how about Dan as a Makai Knight?
- ...there's a very obvious in-joke waiting to happen there.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 09:29   Link #54654
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- ...there's a very obvious in-joke waiting to happen there.
Why do you think I was suggesting Dan and not Ichika?
Old 2014-09-18, 09:32   Link #54655
demino_hellsin
That one guy

a woman Makai Knight, to my understanding, is impossible. I explained my headcanon mechanics before.

...Dan? I just can't imagine. He'll probably be the White Knight after DAN
Old 2014-09-18, 09:37   Link #54656
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
a woman Makai Knight, to my understanding, is impossible. I explained my headcanon mechanics before.

...Dan? I just can't imagine. He'll probably be the White Knight after DAN
I saw that mechanics.

Well it was either him or Ichika since there are only 2 males in IS
Old 2014-09-18, 09:45   Link #54657
demino_hellsin
That one guy

also, you can't unleash horrors in ISA. that's gonna be an internatinal incident right there.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:51   Link #54658
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
also, you can't unleash horrors in ISA. that's gonna be an internatinal incident right there.
Well, if Ichika becomes a Makai Knight, I don't see him going to ISA anyway. Makai Knight devotes their almost all of their time to hunt Horrors.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:56   Link #54659
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I rewatched the Roshuo stops all the missiles episode. I am trying to imagine exactly how much everyone would freak out if someone did that.
Old 2014-09-18, 10:03   Link #54660
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
I rewatched the Roshuo stops all the missiles episode. I am trying to imagine exactly how much everyone would freak out if someone did that.
Didn't Chifuyu just slice about dozens of tactical missiles as White Knight ? I'm pretty sure people will just think it is some knid of IS's special ability or something

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest