AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-11-06, 22:21   Link #41
Masashi
Hey..Where's my...oh crap

Send a message via AIM to Masashi Send a message via MSN to Masashi
Ok, I wnat to do this, but how can I do it?
I have the microphone and song, so how could I put my voice on the song?
Masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 22:33   Link #42
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masashi View Post
Ok, I wnat to do this, but how can I do it?
I have the microphone and song, so how could I put my voice on the song?
You'll need to use a program such as Audacity to record your voice and then mix your vocals with the song. If you don't have a karaoke (instrumental-only) version, you'll need to remove the vocals first.

I believe kcl822 or other people know where to find vocal removers.
basket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 23:25   Link #43
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
**Submitted already, due to recording a song the day right before the competition announcement**

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpeters13 View Post
On second thought, I'd really love to hear someone do Kopperia no Hitsugi or another ALI Project song
Oh, I totally should blow away the competition with a screechy karaoke of their latest song, Yuukyou Seishunka! **Seriously considers doing it and submitting it as an opener to scare people**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlehead View Post
God Bless... from Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
I think the correct title is God knows.... Good luck with that! I've attempted singing the song before and my voice doesn't fare quite well with the highest notes in the chorus. I don't think an official karaoke/instrumental track exists for it, either.

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-06, 23:34   Link #44
bluemonq
rawr...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
Things that will get you disqualified:
-Do not change the pitch of the song. They have to be in their original key
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate being a bass with a range ALMOST but not quite reaching tenor. And if I sing the song an octave lower, it sounds like the stupidz. Rawr
bluemonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 00:54   Link #45
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
I don't think an official karaoke/instrumental track exists for it, either.
There is one ^-^

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
This, ladies and gentlemen, is why I hate being a bass with a range ALMOST but not quite reaching tenor. And if I sing the song an octave lower, it sounds like the stupidz. Rawr
I have a few suggestions that might fit your range. Shoot me a PM if interested ^-^ T
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 03:18   Link #46
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemonq View Post
Sometimes I wish my vocal range was greater so I can sing more songs, but alas what can one do?

That said, if anyone wants to sing some karaoke with all the bells and whistles and effects and pitch changes, you could try submitting it to OMGSong but beware of mass bashing via voting (or worse, mass ignoring) of your song.
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 06:00   Link #47
bluemonq
rawr...

Pure discrimination is what it is. Bass singers deserve cool songs too! :: pout :: As for OMGSong, I'd like to keep my self-esteem relatively high, thanks.
bluemonq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 07:58   Link #48
Shiemi
Counting days

One of my brothers is a bass singer and it is a very beautiful voice, but it's true that I think there are not many Japanese anime songs in that range... Plus my three brothers would never enter a karaoke competition, not even when I try to convince them about looking for anime songs in English if they don't want to sing in Japanese.

Now, I noticed some of the females talking about having problems with high-pitched songs? I'm the opposite, actually. I can't do any lower tones because I sound like I'm speaking rather than singing.

My two toddlers want me to sing Sakuranbo (by Ai Otsuka), but unfortunately it is not an anime song. On the other hand, there are two anime songs I would love to try recording for future karacomps, but it seems the karaoke versions don't exist. The songs are This Love (from BLOOD and by Angela Aki) and Miracle (from MAR/Maruhebun/Marchen Awakens Romance by Rina Aiuchi). Me and my luck! If anyone could ever help me trying to remove vocals (or basket with the piano as I have already asked him, lol) I would appreciate it. Hehe! Now, I should really rec my song! And I believe Li Jianling has made a record for this competition.
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 10:03   Link #49
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
I've decided to go high this time around (if there's gender confusion this time around, I'll be very surprised xD). I was going to do Sakura Kiss from Ouran, but it just feels naked without the harmonies, so now I'm stuck trying out different songs and seeing which one I like best ^^;;
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 10:07   Link #50
General_Norris
Ouendan member

Nooooo. If I remove the vocals it sounds funny (And the singer can still be heard but very softly).

:-(
General_Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 16:21   Link #51
Noodlehead
Noodlehead is not edible.

Quote:
I think the correct title is God knows.... Good luck with that! I've attempted singing the song before and my voice doesn't fare quite well with the highest notes in the chorus. I don't think an official karaoke/instrumental track exists for it, either.
Ah haha, can't believe I forgot. XD Thanks for the correction.

~ Noodlehead
Noodlehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 16:25   Link #52
Pippin4242

Talking

Can I do a Bleach character image song?
...Because I seriously think I might be able to reach the pitch for Yachiru's 'Funny Days'.

*~Pips~*
Pippin4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 17:23   Link #53
mpeters13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Darn, that was my backup in case I totally fail Lilium
Haha yea, I was playing it safe since we only get one submission .
mpeters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 17:25   Link #54
mpeters13

Quote:
**Submitted already, due to recording a song the day right before the competition announcement**

Oh, I totally should blow away the competition with a screechy karaoke of their latest song, Yuukyou Seishunka! **Seriously considers doing it and submitting it as an opener to scare people**
Actually this song would be fun to sing. I also thought about Mirai no Eve. But yea, i can definitely see how terrifying that song can be... especially the intro lol.
mpeters13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 17:37   Link #55
Anacone
Lazy Poster

Send a message via MSN to Anacone
What this is sixth one? Is there left any earlier Competition Recordings somewhere? I'd love to listen them.... and laugh too

Edit: Found them.... http://tracker.animesuki.info:6969/
But there's no seeders.

Last edited by Anacone; 2006-11-08 at 00:20.
Anacone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 18:50   Link #56
Masashi
Hey..Where's my...oh crap

Send a message via AIM to Masashi Send a message via MSN to Masashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket View Post
You'll need to use a program such as Audacity to record your voice and then mix your vocals with the song. If you don't have a karaoke (instrumental-only) version, you'll need to remove the vocals first.

I believe kcl822 or other people know where to find vocal removers.
Thank's i'm downloading it now.
I might keep the vocals in, they just might make my singing sound better.

Note:
My singing, sound that i'm talkin or close to yelling xD
Masashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 18:53   Link #57
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippin4242 View Post
Can I do a Bleach character image song?
...Because I seriously think I might be able to reach the pitch for Yachiru's 'Funny Days'.

*~Pips~*
Character songs are allowed. Good luck~

PS: Already have some submissions... Need to check them

PS2: for the songs that will never count, those can be from whatever you want.

Last edited by kcl822; 2006-11-07 at 19:15. Reason: Ooooops - can't spell for life
kcl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 19:42   Link #58
shin_no_noir

Is there anyone who would be willing to lower the volume of the vocals in the song Canta Per Me from Noir (preferably the Fiction version)? I'd really like to sing it kareoke but don't have the ability to edit it on my own, and don't feel a need to download a program in order to do it.

PM me if you are up to it. Thanks!
shin_no_noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 21:08   Link #59
Shiemi
Counting days

I had time to record a 3rd draft for the song I've been rehearsing and submitted it today although I'm not sure if it's good enough. I have no idea if I'll be able to perfect it further so I thought it was better to submit the best version I've managed so far rather than getting to the deadline without anything...
Shiemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-07, 21:32   Link #60
basket
World's first BBSing cat

Send a message via ICQ to basket Send a message via AIM to basket Send a message via MSN to basket Send a message via Yahoo to basket
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiemi View Post
I had time to record a 3rd draft for the song I've been rehearsing and submitted it today although I'm not sure if it's good enough. I have no idea if I'll be able to perfect it further so I thought it was better to submit the best version I've managed so far rather than getting to the deadline without anything...
Yay!! Congrats Shiemi

My first draft which I recorded last night sounds like I was asleep when I sang it... I need to do better! Especially since I've practiced it before...
basket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition