AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-06-05, 12:37   Link #4481
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Speaking of Akari, what was the whole point of her anyway? (apart from setting up future arcs)
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 13:03   Link #4482
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
^Speaking of Akari, what was the whole point of her anyway? (apart from setting up future arcs)
I am inclined to think that she is an agent of heaven instead of hell, or she is one of the New Devils who have more human forms and no horns as compared to their Weiss counterparts. Either way, she must have been much more powerful to trigger Elsie's detector, or she is the one triggering the detector with her presence herself.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 16:47   Link #4483
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Akari was, as already mentioned, a powerful being not from earth (presumably a "new devil") who somehow "lends" her power to Keima's "sadistic" teacher - the two of them were responsible for capturing high power level weiss with little effort.

On another level though Akari was also an articulate philosophically inclined idealist - in a similar general way that Keima is, and the conversation the two of them had left a pretty big impression on Keima.

Akari is actually one of my fave female characters in the manga (ranking behind Shiori, of course), and I look forward to seeing more of her in future chapters.
Old 2011-06-05, 17:21   Link #4484
JMvS
Rawrrr!

My personal theory is that she is Elsee's big sister (don't know if other peoples think likewise).
Old 2011-06-05, 17:32   Link #4485
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I don't think so. Elsie's older sister is a masterful spirit hunter sure, but judging from the only picture we have of her, she's a LOT taller than Akari is. Not to mention quite older than Elsie in the picture.

In fact, a theory I have about Elsie's sister is that she's actually an agent of Vintage. I think that would make for quite a twist and really put the characters (especially Elsie) into an emotional dilemma about whether or not to take her down.

I'd just like some more fleshing out of Vintage overall really, but I guess Keima needs to catch all these goddesses first.
Old 2011-06-05, 17:33   Link #4486
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
My personal theory is that she is Elsee's big sister (don't know if other peoples think likewise).
That's an idea I didn't think of. It's true Elsee's sister has not popped up yet.... Although somehow I thought she was taller? I somehow also had the idea thought she might be part of vintage as well, to be honest.
Old 2011-06-05, 19:32   Link #4487
Grey

Loli goddess is too adorable. I wonder how they'll get her to not run away.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 19:46   Link #4488
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Certainly Akari's arc was interesting in that it gave a glimpse into a possibly high ranking newdevil's way of thinking, but as a capture it was rather dull :/
She might make a nice love polygon with Haqua and Diana though...

About Elsie's sister being a Vintage..... eh too shonen battle manga-ish.
Old 2011-06-05, 20:03   Link #4489
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

guys GUYS....I can already see this troll from Wakaki coming...get ready guys...

Wakaki: Older sisters are not necessarily taller.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 20:07   Link #4490
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
About Elsie's sister being a Vintage..... eh too shonen battle manga-ish.
Ya think so? While this series is in no way a battle manga, it's still technically shounen despite not falling into the stereotype. So if you ask me that statement is moot.

Quote:
Wakaki: Older sisters are not necessarily taller.
Very well possible I s'pose. I hope not though.
Old 2011-06-05, 23:49   Link #4491
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Akari the last goddess anyone...?
Old 2011-06-06, 00:04   Link #4492
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Ya think so? While this series is in no way a battle manga, it's still technically shounen despite not falling into the stereotype. So if you ask me that statement is moot.

Still, doesn't mean it has to go along with the shounen convention of 'facing down your brother/father/best friend in an emotional battle'.

Anyway, if Wakaki plans to use the sister in the story, I'm sure he'll be able to come up with something unconventional.
Old 2011-06-06, 00:28   Link #4493
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Still, doesn't mean it has to go along with the shounen convention of 'facing down your brother/father/best friend in an emotional battle'.

Anyway, if Wakaki plans to use the sister in the story, I'm sure he'll be able to come up with something unconventional.
True enough. I just said it was a theory I had. Can't say for sure whether she is one or not.

I'm sure Wakaki plans to have her turn up at some point though, I don't think he'd mention her if he didn't, and the influence she has on New Hell is something that could be looked into even more.

Quote:
Akari the last goddess anyone...?
I actually think Akari is a normal human and is partners with Yuri, who is actually a demon. Similar to Keima and Elsie's partnership where each have their own duties in spirit captures. I say Yuri is the demon because she's the only one of the two we've ever seen bottling the captured spirits, just like Elsie.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:20   Link #4494
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I actually think Akari is a normal human and is partners with Yuri, who is actually a demon. Similar to Keima and Elsie's partnership where each have their own duties in spirit captures. I say Yuri is the demon because she's the only one of the two we've ever seen bottling the captured spirits, just like Elsie.
I can't see her as a normal human, I absolutely agree with Flower below

Akari obvoiusly stated that Nikaido should be grateful, she(Nikaido) got her power from her(Akari). It is clear enough that Akari is the demon side and Nikaido is the human buddy. Maybe it's the old system of buddy-demon to have the buddy to do all the dirty works. Also, her name is not Akari to begin with, it's Rumiel

And do you actually think Nikaido would grew old into her sexy body as of now in just 4/5 years if she were a demon? In her highschool picture with Jun she's still young. without the "colar" if I remember right. If she were a demon she would be the same like the picture even now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Akari was, as already mentioned, a powerful being not from earth (presumably a "new devil") who somehow "lends" her power to Keima's "sadistic" teacher - the two of them were responsible for capturing high power level weiss with little effort.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 03:30   Link #4495
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

^Darn, I completely forgot about hot teacher calling her Rimuel-dono. So if hot ass teacher using devil abilities is thanks to Rimuel's research, can we expect to see Keima fighting at the frontlines in the future?
Old 2011-06-06, 05:18   Link #4496
ReddyRedWolf

Hey if Keima gets powers Elsie would be superfluous.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 06:46   Link #4497
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Hey if Keima gets powers Elsie would be superfluous.
But she'd still be too dumb to use it anyway.

Okay okay! I take that back! Just don't put those Asukaciel magazines in the library!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 08:42   Link #4498
mtarzaim

Ah!

A Shiori alone wasn't enough. Now we get another silent-shy-clumsy Shiori, loli-powered. The moemeter is already over one million.

Let see how Keima will increase her love to force the goddess to manifest herself. Probably in a harsh-unsensitive way, so Minerva will go mad and beat the crap out of him.

Notice she was probably in the library during the Vulcan fight, since Shiori stated the loli was around lots of time. She probably tries to warn Shiori about Keima double-tming, but is too shy to express it to her host.

About Akari, I've seen her as the first generation of new devils, hunting after runaway spirits, ten years ago. During her mission, she stumbled across Keima's teacher (which was still a student at that time). Their combo began to be quite efficient, and thus Dokuro & co decided to partner devils with a human counterpart. Which lead to the current hunting process, a few years later.

The fact that Akari never really met Elsie is also a hint. Do they know each other? So the picture about Elsie and sister might be read in he other way...

What is certain is that Akari tried to make Keima loose memory of their encounter, obviously ignoring he was part of the hunting squad. Elsie's sister wouldn't have ignored that fact (except if she doesn't give a shit about her imouto and what happens to her).

Arghh... 15th of June to get my usual Kami treatement. Will I survive that long?..

Last edited by mtarzaim; 2011-06-06 at 08:46. Reason: Spelling... thou arst an harsh b-tch
mtarzaim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 09:20   Link #4499
ReddyRedWolf

The way her buddy Yuri Nikaidou laughed means Rumiel didn't know Keima was a buddy.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 09:30   Link #4500
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post

Let see how Keima will increase her love to force the goddess to manifest herself. Probably in a harsh-unsensitive way, so Minerva will go mad and beat the crap out of him.
I think so too - unite them against a common enemy

Quote:

Arghh... 15th of June to get my usual Kami treatement. Will I survive that long?..
Are you saying no TWGOK this week?

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen