AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-08, 02:06   Link #441
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
This is kinda odd. According to earlier discussions, Touma has been considered a 16-17 year old right? Yet, according to this article he's a first year high-school student.

For americans it would be a second year high-school student, so wouldn't that actually make him 15-16? (Or have I been reading other sources wrong and he actually is about seventeen?)
High school in Asian nations usually starts at 16-17 years of age

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
i think Touma is Lucifer...pre-fall Lucifer
Must be why he's so luckless......like some divine curse or something....
Old 2010-10-08, 15:23   Link #442
walt

highest angel from human race?
Old 2010-10-14, 21:20   Link #443
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Have been reading Touma's info at the Toaru Wiki all over again, and I gotta say... his memory loss must've been some sort of a blessing in disguise seeing how his childhood was, but a memory loss in exchange of that... I just hope someway or somehow his memories suddenly began regenerating in a rush starting from his childhood days. That'll be a killer.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-14, 21:34   Link #444
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
Have been reading Touma's info at the Toaru Wiki all over again, and I gotta say... his memory loss must've been some sort of a blessing in disguise seeing how his childhood was, but a memory loss in exchange of that... I just hope someway or somehow his memories suddenly began regenerating in a rush starting from his childhood days. That'll be a killer.
If his arm can regenerate why not his brain? Oh wait, maybe the braincells but the memories...How?
Old 2010-10-14, 21:38   Link #445
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Assassin View Post
I don't think he's getting his memory back. The feathers completely wiped away his memory, and I don't see any way to bring them back.

Of course, for drama purposes we could say with the Imagine Breaker being taken away and his other powers awakening for a brief moment might bring back those memories- but if so, then how would Touma react?
Old 2010-10-14, 21:47   Link #446
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Wait, did I just say "I hope that he gets his memories back?" Argh, that was a mistake, my bad. This is what happens when I lose focus while typing such stuff. I had actually meant "I hope he WON'T get his memories gushing back into his mind like a waterfall."

... but the possibility of that happening would be a question of how it will happen...

In the first place, Touma doesn't seem to be the kind of guy who would be succumbing to bitter memories (if he ever gets any of them back).

Which would raise a question of what if a new villain tries to "break" Touma that way (and that would mean they would have knowledge of Touma's past before his memory loss somehow)?

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-10-14, 23:08   Link #447
Flere821
Lurker

Well, If Touma does indeed has Lucifer inside him as some people theorize... I'm thinking maybe it's possible for Lucifer to give Touma's memory back, as it's *Touma* that had his memory erased, not Lucifer (or whatever that's inside Touma). Though either way Touma won't change from being who he is, only that he'll remember more about Mikoto.
Old 2010-10-14, 23:16   Link #448
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Well, If Touma does indeed has Lucifer inside him as some people theorize... I'm thinking maybe it's possible for Lucifer to give Touma's memory back, as it's *Touma* that had his memory erased, not Lucifer (or whatever that's inside Touma). Though either way Touma won't change from being who he is, only that he'll remember more about Mikoto.
I don't think Lucifer is inside Touma. Lucifer is the same as Christianity, which according to the Light Novels is now 'outdated' and that people should start moving on to the age of Ma'at- what that entails, I do not know.
Old 2010-10-14, 23:28   Link #449
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
Spoiler for novel vol 22:
Spoiler for novel spoiler:
Old 2010-10-15, 08:01   Link #450
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Christianity predicted a 2nd coming at the end of time. They didn't know how close they were to the truth, and how wrong they were about the specifics.
Old 2010-10-15, 08:11   Link #451
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I guess they were talking about the end of Christianity.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-15, 08:48   Link #452
giorno

only ways Touma can get his memories back are either if there's another being inside him that shared his experiences(thus possesses the same memories) and didn't lose them when Touma did and this being somehow shares the "lost" memories with Touma, or by time manipulation, even just locally bringing back time inside his brain, to restore the lost brain cells....
Old 2010-10-15, 11:06   Link #453
tsunade666

^ I like this idea. If the something inside of him shares the same memory. Then if the something inside of him has the same memory and it shares that memory to fill in the missing memory. Then it's possible to know his past.
Old 2010-10-15, 11:28   Link #454
Miraluka
Banned

Smart thought from the guy who said this above. This makes sense and doesn't seems to have notable flaws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The christianism was founded after the Son of God's dead its not like God is christian is more like the christianism was founded as a way to try to understand God's will through the doctrine from the 12 apostles.

IMO, the 12 apostles did this on purpose in order to avoid a blaspheme as "trying to be above god" and thats why despite knowing this way wasn't enough to reach la Persona superiore a Dio, Fiamma feared to commit this level of sin, unlike Aleister Crowley who doesn't care about the beliefs of the whole world.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-10-15 at 11:54.
Old 2010-10-15, 14:21   Link #455
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Christianity is what the people who made it thought was right. It don't think it means in the index universe once it was made BOOM!! angels were born and called watevr. We give the archangels their names but it doesn't mean thats what they are. So lets say not lucifer but a strange being.

Also, look at the angels. They don't carry crosses or even look human.
Probably aliens,lol
Old 2010-10-15, 21:51   Link #456
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ I like this idea. If the something inside of him shares the same memory. Then if the something inside of him has the same memory and it shares that memory to fill in the missing memory. Then it's possible to know his past.
I've got another idea that only Touma's memory in the mind is erased - for example, his body still remembers how to fight. Borrowing from FMA, how about Touma finds a way to use the bond between the body and the soul and fix up whatever the mind has lost? It doesn't even have to involve magic or esper ability, maybe something like intense meditation...?
Old 2010-10-15, 21:54   Link #457
Seihai
スマイリウム

Were his memories he lost actually that important?
Old 2010-10-15, 22:05   Link #458
Flere821
Lurker

Well supposedly Touma knew about Imagine Breaker's full strength before he lost his memories... and that if he remembers he might pay more attention to Mikoto due to their past interactions. So yeah, it's probably important.
Old 2010-10-15, 22:11   Link #459
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Were his memories he lost actually that important?
It was brought up a few time by some powerful people that it has connections to Imagine Breaker full potential.

But truth be told, aside of his power, Touma's memories are the only thing that can get him character development.
Old 2010-10-15, 23:55   Link #460
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Smart thought from the guy who said this above. This makes sense and doesn't seems to have notable flaws.

The christianism was founded after the Son of God's dead its not like God is christian is more like the christianism was founded as a way to try to understand God's will through the doctrine from the 12 apostles.

IMO, the 12 apostles did this on purpose in order to avoid a blaspheme as "trying to be above god" and thats why despite knowing this way wasn't enough to reach la Persona superiore a Dio, Fiamma feared to commit this level of sin, unlike Aleister Crowley who doesn't care about the beliefs of the whole world.
Although Fianma, Crowley or hell even Aiwass is far from achieving this....