AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-29, 23:39   Link #221
Xiaolang

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Wouldn't drama seiyuu be cheaper to hire? :O
Or maybe, KyoAni didn't want the cast to be too much of a KyoAni "All-Star Reunion" of sorts.

They could've kept both Yuko Goto (who played Ayano Minegishi in the drama CD) and Satsuki Yukino (who played Patty Martin in the drama CD AND also played Kaname Chidori in Full Metal Panic!).

Hmm... that would've been a very interesting line-up now that I think about it.
Old 2007-07-30, 03:31   Link #222
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Wouldn't drama seiyuu be cheaper to hire? :O
I think the same seiyuu are cheaper to hire for a drama than for an anime. In this case, the seiyuu who did the drama were an all-star cast of experienced top pros: Nakahara Mai, Koshimizu Ami, Shimizu Ai, Asano Masumi, Saitou Chiwa, Matsuki Miyu, Yukino Satsuki, Nonaka Ai, Noto Mamiko, Tamura Yukari.... That would make them more expensive than the comparatively young and inexperienced seiyuu who are actually doing it. At least, that's my understanding.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-30, 19:04   Link #223
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
I just saw the haruhi concert and I must say... I was shocked what Hirano Aya wore when she sang Bouken Desho Desho?.
Old 2007-07-30, 20:31   Link #224
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
I just saw the haruhi concert and I must say... I was shocked what Hirano Aya wore when she sang Bouken Desho Desho?.
Yeah, it was a shock, but I did see images of her wearing that shirt before the DVD came out... I guess they should fire either the wardrobe department OR someone should tell her what the shirt really means.

I really must buy this DVD, but I'm out of cash since Vivienne Westwood and Dior Homme took my money.
Old 2007-07-31, 11:12   Link #225
SatanicZero

i was amazed by Minori's singing....but i got kinda distracted by the weird hand movements
Old 2007-07-31, 15:41   Link #226
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatanicZero View Post
i was amazed by Minori's singing....but i got kinda distracted by the weird hand movements
I loved the hand movements. Loved them. And loved her singing. And her face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare
I was shocked what Hirano Aya wore when she sang Bouken Desho Desho?
I was a bit shocked and a bit pleased. I can't imagine she and her handlers didn't know what it meant. But I'm not sure what the reaction of a Japanese audience would be, whether they would understand it and whether they would be shocked or not. Can anyone here who is more familiar with the culture tell us?

She said at the beginning of this year that she was aiming to become more sexy, and she has been doing it. But she is getting there without actually wearing anything that revealing, even in her photo-book.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:09   Link #227
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved the hand movements. Loved them. And loved her singing. And her face.
I was a bit shocked and a bit pleased. I can't imagine she and her handlers didn't know what it meant. But I'm not sure what the reaction of a Japanese audience would be, whether they would understand it and whether they would be shocked or not. Can anyone here who is more familiar with the culture tell us?
What was she wearing? I've not seen the concert.... yet.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:31   Link #228
Xiaolang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
What was she wearing? I've not seen the concert.... yet.
It was a fitted pink t-shirt, with the print "Did you
Spoiler for vulgar word:
twice, too?"
Personally, I think that's hot! Though maybe too hot for the average Japanese, otaku or not.

Speaking of which...

Quote:
She said at the beginning of this year that she was aiming to become more sexy, and she has been doing it. But she is getting there without actually wearing anything that revealing, even in her photo-book.
Maybe you're falling for her? All kidding aside, she's a natural beauty (or the very least, a natural cutie; and this is before the role of Haruhi), and since she has more money to spend and probably has a plethora of make-up artists and designers, she can afford nicer clothes that accentuates her looks and body.

Chihara Minori is also good looking enough to be in idol photo shoots as well, if only she lands that breakthrough main character role like Aya did with Haruhi.

Last edited by Xiaolang; 2007-07-31 at 16:44.
Old 2007-07-31, 16:54   Link #229
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaolang View Post
It was a fitted pink t-shirt, with the print "Did you c** twice, too?"

Personally, I think that's hot! Though maybe too hot for the average Japanese, otaku or not.
Oh wow, no I don't think they would know that word without looking it up. It's not a normal Japanized-English. I have a feeling she doesn't really know what it meant; people wear engrish shirts all the time without knowing the meaning (if any) anyway.

If she does know what it meant, well it matches her adventurous and showy nature I guess. Kinda wild for a girl. If the audience knew, well I think they would find it hilarious. If her charas are mainly quiet, moe-types, yeah it maybe a bit much.. but for Aya I think it's fine. I mean, she played Tsunderes, lolis who's into lolicon, and girls like REIRA. I think the guys will love her more for it. Sexual terms are not that vulgar in Japanese, and many young people openly talk about sex with their friends. It's no biggie.

Last edited by AVPlaya; 2007-07-31 at 17:39.
Old 2007-07-31, 17:08   Link #230
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Heh... welcome to "not from your neighborhood" way of thinking. I guess people from even more repressed countries would just blow a brain artery.
Old 2007-08-02, 16:30   Link #231
Shiroi Hane
Gazer of Cosmos

Send a message via ICQ to Shiroi Hane Send a message via AIM to Shiroi Hane Send a message via MSN to Shiroi Hane Send a message via Yahoo to Shiroi Hane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Heh... welcome to "not from your neighborhood" way of thinking. I guess people from even more repressed countries would just blow a brain artery.
You think?

Last edited by Shiroi Hane; 2007-08-02 at 16:31. Reason: broken tag
Old 2007-08-02, 19:21   Link #232
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

This is not about Lucky Star, but it is about one of its voice actresses. I've just discovered Aya's song on the third character song CD for Sumomomo Momomo, and it blew me away. She sings jazz, believe it or not, soaring and swooping, using her voice more fully than I've ever heard before. Like her comic work in the LS karaoke EDs, she riffs away freely. Perhaps she's finding her voice.

I have a blog piece about it, with a link to the song on YouTube. And she treats us to a long scat section in English. Not understandable English, mind you, unless you have the lyrics, which I posted in the blog piece.

Nice link from Shiroi Hane, there. It's a big, big world.
Old 2007-08-02, 19:33   Link #233
Xiaolang

Lightbulb

Quote:
This is not about Lucky Star, but it is about one of its voice actresses. I've just discovered Aya's song on the third character song CD for Sumomomo Momomo, and it blew me away. She sings jazz, believe it or not, soaring and swooping, using her voice more fully than I've ever heard before. Like her comic work in the LS karaoke EDs, she riffs away freely. Perhaps she's finding her voice.

I have a blog piece about it, with a link to the song on YouTube. And she treats us to a long scat section in English. Not understandable English, mind you, unless you have the lyrics, which I posted in the blog piece.
How... Megumi-like. I'm sorry if I'm getting ahead of myself, but to me, it seems like Aya is striving to become the next Megumi Hayashibara. I'm not saying that's what Aya really thinks. However, I can't help but feel that Aya Hirano is trying to break free from the "seiyuu shell," much like Megumi Hayashibara was back in the 90s.

Anyway, that's just how I see it.
Old 2007-08-02, 19:40   Link #234
nadare

Is that hirano aya singing english on the 3:44 minute mark?
Old 2007-08-02, 19:49   Link #235
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
Is that hirano aya singing english on the 3:44 minute mark?
Yes. Or speaking it. And she's speaking/singing in English from 4:00 on, too. You can almost make it out if you have the words in front of you. I think the singing is excellent, but the English is fairly bizarre -- and bizarrely enjoyable.

And xiaolang, I'm such a newcomer that I'm not very familiar with Hayashibara Megumi (although I just watched the first ep of the 3x3 Eyes OVA), so I know she's good. But I can imagine two fairly successful young seiyuu who like to sing feeling the same urge to break out into a larger realm, one that is better paid and more respected. In Aya's case, I have the feeling that she is really exploring herself and the world right now. And I think her agency and various producers are responding with some different things for her to try.
Old 2007-08-02, 20:24   Link #236
nadare

Quote:
Yes. Or speaking it. And she's speaking/singing in English from 4:00 on, too. You can almost make it out if you have the words in front of you. I think the singing is excellent, but the English is fairly bizarre -- and bizarrely enjoyable.

And xiaolang, I'm such a newcomer that I'm not very familiar with Hayashibara Megumi (although I just watched the first ep of the 3x3 Eyes OVA), so I know she's good. But I can imagine two fairly successful young seiyuu who like to sing feeling the same urge to break out into a larger realm, one that is better paid and more respected. In Aya's case, I have the feeling that she is really exploring herself and the world right now. And I think her agency and various producers are responding with some different things for her to try.
I can make out most of the english on the Sanae Rap, not to mention, the song is addictive!

Btw, if you are new to Hayashibara Megumi you should check out Her Autobiography-manga "Megumi toons" .
Old 2007-08-02, 20:30   Link #237
Xiaolang

Quote:
Megumi was very idol-like and really is prolific -- well from an historical standpoint anyway. Although Megumi was all about being a seiyuu first, she did want to try other things. Her music started out with pop, then a bit of rock, then ballads and now more adult contemporary. She's also a radio host/disc jockey, earned a nursing degree, and an author.

If you haven't read "Megumi Toons", you should, it's her autobiography in manga form (and it's translated in English). =)

(Funny little timely tidbit: Megumi was part of Arts Vision, the same agency with the sex scandals.)

Now, with Aya, she kind of rekindled my admiration for voice actors and what they are capable of outside of voice acting. I feel that many of today's voice actors just lend their voice to one character, but when the series is over, they just move on to the next role. To me, Aya IS Haruhi, much like Megumi IS Ranma AND Lina Inverse AND Faye Valentine. But of course time will tell. Maybe in another decade, Aya will become as prolific as Megumi Hayashibara is today.

Edit: LOL! Nadare, we think alike.
Old 2007-08-03, 10:54   Link #238
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroi Hane View Post
I used to be quite open to a variety of belief systems because I thought the majority of a population bought into theirs, whatever it was. However, the older I get and the more I learn - the less tolerant I am of repressive psychotically abusive patriarchal .... um, mindrot? It is rather difficult to call it "thinking".
Old 2007-08-04, 06:02   Link #239
SatanicZero

it's good that Aya break out from the Seiyuu realm, i don't mind her pursuing a singing career....

Ashita no prism is currently stuck in my head
Old 2007-08-04, 06:36   Link #240
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Spoiler for Minoru Shirashi:
Closed Thread