AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-03-26, 11:08   Link #541
Kristen
*Author

Please note that I have only seen up to Episode 3, and do not want to be spoiled.

Couple questions right now...
First, when Lelouche went into the KnightMare in Episode 2, he had chess pieces with him... Why? Was it in the knightmare, or was it something he brought along? Seemed kind of strange...

Second, I was kind of confused with the start of Episode 2. How did Lelouche know that there were Knightmares in that train? And how did he get in contact with the others? It seemed like he suddenly hijacked that one knightmare, and then he had like some big master scheme going on... How exactly did that happen?

If these are explained later, I understand. I don't want to be spoiled.
Old 2008-03-26, 11:11   Link #542
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Please note that I have only seen up to Episode 3, and do not want to be spoiled.

First, when Lelouche went into the KnightMare in Episode 2, he had chess pieces with him... Why? Was it in the knightmare, or was it something he brought along? Seemed kind of strange...

Second, I was kind of confused with the start of Episode 2. How did Lelouche know that there were Knightmares in that train? And how did he get in contact with the others? It seemed like he suddenly hijacked that one knightmare, and then he had like some big master scheme going on... How exactly did that happen?

These questions need not be asked. Just accept things as they are, or come up with an explanation on your own. They're not gonna animate every single aspect that one such as yourself would question.

Crazy woman.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 11:15   Link #543
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
These questions need not be asked. Just accept things as they are, or come up with an explanation on your own. They're not gonna animate every single aspect that one such as yourself would question.

Crazy woman.
Ah, so it's a forced reality to think of. I like this a lot.
Code Geass is better than I thought it would be. 2 episodes a week from now until April 29th, and then 12 straight. This'll be fun. ^_^

Oh, and another question. I've been trying to look, but I can't find anything... Is Code Geass based off of anything, like a Manga or Video Game, or is it anime original?
Old 2008-03-26, 11:17   Link #544
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Ah, so it's a forced reality to think of. I like this a lot.
Code Geass is better than I thought it would be. 2 episodes a week from now until April 29th, and then 12 straight. This'll be fun. ^_^
The 29th? But R2 starts in two weeks.

Quote:
Oh, and another question. I've been trying to look, but I can't find anything... Is Code Geass based off of anything, like a Manga or Video Game, or is it anime original?
It's a Sunrise original. The mangas and video games are based off of the show.

Old 2008-03-26, 11:35   Link #545
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It's also important to note that the manga and such are loose adaptations of the show.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 11:57   Link #546
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
The 29th? But R2 starts in two weeks.

It's a Sunrise original. The mangas and video games are based off of the show.
We're watching it at my anime club with 2 episodes every week for the next 5 weeks. I'll finish it on my own after then and catch up on R2.

Also, is their any confirmation that the story will end in R2, or is it possible that there will be an R3, R4, R5, etc?
Old 2008-03-26, 12:02   Link #547
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Code Geass is 50 episodes only. No R3 or more.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-26, 12:09   Link #548
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Code Geass is 50 episodes only. No R3 or more.
Well we won't know that until we get there. If Sunrise sees more to be had out of it, they might come back after R2. I personally think Geass should become a second franchise for them.

Old 2008-03-26, 12:13   Link #549
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Well we won't know that until we get there. If Sunrise sees more to be had out of it, they might come back after R2. I personally think Geass should become a second franchise for them.
Its Taniguchi's decision to continue or not an he has made it pretty clear that this is the end of the show since all loose ends are going to be tied up.

And no, a franchise would be a bad idea. That may be my opinion, but I'm sure a lot of people would agree that making this a franchise would destroy the show. I doubt Taniguchi would let them do that with his show either.

Old 2008-03-26, 12:15   Link #550
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
they already have a second and third franchise:
the Brave series and the My-Hime series.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 12:16   Link #551
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
they already have a second and third franchise:
the Brave series and the My-Hime series.
Those don't exist.

Old 2008-03-26, 12:17   Link #552
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Those don't exist.
Um, yes they do.

Old 2008-03-26, 12:18   Link #553
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Um, yes they do.
Not to me they don't. =P

Anyway, enough of this babble. It's a Q&A thread.

Old 2008-03-26, 17:05   Link #554
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:

He found a chess set lying on the ground after capturing the Knightmare and picked it up to play with.

He got in contact with them by hacking into those receivers or the signal, can't remember exactly what. For why he knew about those Knightmares... not sure there.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-26, 17:08   Link #555
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
He found a chess set lying on the ground after capturing the Knightmare and picked it up to play with.

He got in contact with them by hacking into those receivers or the signal, can't remember exactly what. For why he knew about those Knightmares... not sure there.
They would have been marked as a friendly transport on the sutherland's radar, and Lelouch has a fairly extensive knowledge of battlefield tactics even if he didn't know from the radar exactly what was in it.

Last edited by ashlay; 2008-03-26 at 17:22.
Old 2008-03-27, 12:05   Link #556
aurr
Kalulu sorceress - lvl 4

In ep 14, what was Shirley writing itthat letter? If i remember correctly after she regained her memory she read it and knew that Lelouch was Zero?
aurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 12:07   Link #557
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It was something like her diary I think. It was probably her thoughts on everything including Lelouch being Zero.

Old 2008-03-27, 14:37   Link #558
Blue_Mercy
Veteran

Quote:
This is probably the attitude to take when it comes to a Sunrise series. I'm not sure about the franchise, but if Sunrise wants to keep going and they can get the rest of the cast to stay on, who knows.

This is my attidude: I expect it to end at 50, that way anything after that is a good surprise.
Blue_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-27, 14:53   Link #559
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aurr View Post
In ep 14, what was Shirley writing itthat letter? If i remember correctly after she regained her memory she read it and knew that Lelouch was Zero?
no she didn't regain her memories.

you can see part of what Shirley wrote in that letter in episode 20 about 6 minutes in. In fact it's all the relevant parts of what she wrote in the letter, so just watch that scene. -_-
Old 2008-03-27, 15:03   Link #560
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Mercy View Post
This is probably the attitude to take when it comes to a Sunrise series. I'm not sure about the franchise, but if Sunrise wants to keep going and they can get the rest of the cast to stay on, who knows.

This is my attidude: I expect it to end at 50, that way anything after that is a good surprise.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunrise pulled something like that though I can't think it would be a good thing for them to milk it like that.

I'd rather have it end at 50 and let it stay that way. Use other media to expand certain aspects of the Code Geass universe, but don't mess it up with a sequel.

Tags
q&a