AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 08:26   Link #321
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
you werent a very good necro were you? if you don't put most of your points into summons they will never stand a chance agenst bosses.

and Poison Nova necro > all
Necros was incredibly good fun but at later levels did kinda get tough at times but I never really cared cause I was having to much fun!

Quote:
I only hope D3 has a paladin like class. and i hope witchdocter is somewhat of a diffrent necro. I want a undead army damn it.
I think the Monk is what our "paladin like class" will be because like ours say last spot has to be a ranged attacker...of sorts.
Cause lets face it no matter what anyone says, everyone at times just loves being a archer.

Just gotta wonder what classes they will use with expansion packs...yea thats right I'm talking about expansion packs already cause yet again we know theres bound to be 1 or 2
Old 2009-08-28, 08:59   Link #322
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Just gotta wonder what classes they will use with expansion packs...yea thats right I'm talking about expansion packs already cause yet again we know theres bound to be 1 or 2
I believe it was told at the official forum that "some of the old characters may or may not return in the possible expansion"...that was a thread specifically concerning the Necromancer.
Old 2009-08-28, 09:17   Link #323
zibi88

well I kinda got disapointed with the monk class.... I kinda got a feeling that blizzard wanted to implant 1class from each diablo games like

Diablo1 - monk
Diablo2 -barbarian

wizzard is like mage/soccerer (each game)... witch doctor is similar to necro but I doubt he will summon skells... but some golem-like-crowling-craetures...

I guess next class should be a ranged one since for now there is non of that..... maybe a "gunner" a char useing guns-rifles weapons as ranged ones :P... but well I guess in the first barbarian movies... there was a bow-like weapon so maybe a ranged one will be implanted later... (there was an Amazon in D2... so maybe a Ranger or something like that...)

I guess what I will be lacking is a pure melee fighter (not barbarian) something like combination of warrior and paladin.... swords/shield ect. heh dark/death knight class ^^ (with maybe ability to summon skells since its death... )

other class that I would like to see would be shadow fighter... like vampires... teleportaton throught shadows.... useing shadows to kill... so it would be more interesting...

anyway I would gladly replace in D3 the barbarian with paladin like class.... I kinda didnt liked the barb class... so I doubt I will chose that class to play first...(mostly last class from all.... since I played it in D2 and it was kinda boring way of playing... )

anywya the monk class... I saw the movies and it wasnt that impressive in my opinion.... I wonder if they are looking on WoW classes to come up with ideas of D3 classes...

but well I guess D3 will appear in 2011 so damn long...... dont know if I will even be interested in it at that time anymore.... it would be nice if they released it for christmas this year XDXD but yeah we can only wish for that... (dont know but why do they have to release the new wow expansion before D3.... they already had lich king release so they should be happy for now.... the best would be to release D3 & new Star Craft in 2010 and the Wow expansion in 2011 ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:28   Link #324
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I am thinking that the last class would be a support class, like a Bard or something. It is always great to create a solo build out of a support class, the challenge that never ceases to entertain me in RPGs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
DEMAND MOD NOW

Although in terms of fighting style, Tomoyo is more like the monk

I wish that was true though... the official Blizzard artwork for the female Barbarian on their main site doesn't look too encouraging on that front though, unless that's only tentative. Here's an image lifted off the Barbarian section:
Spoiler for big:

Also, having a female Barbarian be a large, butch-like warrior is more consistent with the overall lore and artstyle rather than a petite and sexy model For those wanting the latter, there's always the Wizard... or mods

Hmmm just noticed that the character models on the Character Class page now have new armor and gear, like the Barbarian's helm and the Wizard's tiara. Also, katars are shown in the Monk's character section
A female monk should be Miko. After all both reside in a shrine.

Miko doesn't fit Tomoyo. Miko fits Kagami, the alternate reality version of Fujibayashi Kyou, who is a mahou shoujo (female wizard).

Now that I have come up with a few good names for the characters in the future. You guys should thank me.

I was thinking that the female barbarian would look something like Undine from Claymore, but I am more inclined to have Tomoyo play that role. I doubt anyone of you here are into muscular girls with Hokuto No Ken builds.

P.S Maybe we should form an AS D3 clan. There are so many perfect names to use.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 11:37   Link #325
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:

I think the Monk is what our "paladin like class" will be because like ours say last
yea right monk is more like the assassian like class, if anything is gonna be like a Paladin is something with a shield.

also this gender picking thing i only dislike one thing. the fact that half the players are gonna be female chars basicly gonna be like wow all over again.
Old 2009-08-28, 12:39   Link #326
ultramojones
Pfjaklsq of Greatness

Blizzard said that Monk is the fast, powerful, but fragile spiritual class. So supposedly, his spirituality replaces the Paladin, and the agility replaces the Assassin. Blizzard also stated that the Monk from Diablo I isn't official, since Diablo Hellfire isn't an official Blizzard game, thus not being part of the Diablo franchise, meaning the Monk never officially existed before. So this it the Monk's first real appearance. I believe Blizzard said the Monk was partly inspired by Street Fighter too.

Yes, each class will be able to have a male and female version, so you can expect a female Monk. Blizzard said so themselves, that even though female Monks don't exist in the real world, Diablo is their world, so they can exist.

The Barbarian is the only returning class because Blizzard felt he was made poorly in Diablo II (I agree, most Barbarians just leap and whirlwind ). And I think it's safe to assume the next class will be some sort of ranged or hybrid class. Remember that Blizzard intended for each class to be able to handle him/herself solo, so expecting some sort of ranged hybrid like Amazon isn't too farfetched.

Finally, Blizzard said don't expect Diablo III in 2010, since StarCraft II and the new WoW expansion is in the works. Too bad though, I'm looking forward to Diablo III more than anything else! Once it comes out, there goes my life just like Diablo II, sleeping late, waking up early, never leaving my room or doing work

I'm most likely going to use the Barbarian again, I like being the kind of guy who rushes in and destroys everything, while being a fearsome tank. Kind of like Kenpachi of Bleach
ultramojones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:08   Link #327
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramojones View Post
Finally, Blizzard said don't expect Diablo III in 2010, since StarCraft II and the new WoW expansion is in the works. Too bad though, I'm looking forward to Diablo III more than anything else!
It's Blizzard we're talking about, I am not even sure that 2011 will be the year of the release

Haven't watched the new videos. I'll do it later. Kinda shocked that the barbarian is the only returning class, though
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:52   Link #328
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I am gonna hope for a thief class of sorts. If getting rare items is gonna play a big role in this game, I wouldn't mind one.

Of course, that would make everybody pick a thief for the items, eventhough they could always balance that somehow............... somehow.
Old 2009-08-28, 20:07   Link #329
HyenaMan

Can't wait for this. finished the first one like 5 times.
HyenaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 22:43   Link #330
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
I am gonna hope for a thief class of sorts. If getting rare items is gonna play a big role in this game, I wouldn't mind one.

Of course, that would make everybody pick a thief for the items, eventhough they could always balance that somehow............... somehow.
haha stealing set items instead of farming them....yea I would up for that

something I hated was trying to get the set items, I was a glutton for punishment in trying to get whole sets cause I had to have them.

Hope its little easier this time around.

and just so anyone posts about how easy it is, no its not for me, in any game my luck with drops is astronomically bad.
Buying crap all the time doesn't do one any favors either.
Old 2009-08-28, 23:58   Link #331
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

While I was a necromancer first, I still like the paladin...and the thorns aura with additional thorns gear. Also whatever the skill was that let you hit like seven targets with one click, mixed with a small bit of mana stealing per hit...endless mana smashing in addition to the fact that just about anything that actually hit you would died from its own hit +700% damage or something like that from the thorns aura + thorns gear. It was fun wading into a village and having all those little guys rushout, start smacking them around with a big mace and then have one or two of them kill themselves when they hit your shield.

But massive skeleton armies plus golum and corpes explosion in a group was always fun.
Old 2009-08-29, 00:10   Link #332
Xacual

I think at one point I had a zeal paladin with lots of life steal. It sucked for undead and stuff, but I did Duriel(who always sucked) with it really easily. Get hit, Zeal, full health, rinse repeat.

Looking at the current characters unless the 5th is really cool, I think I'm making a wizard. Some of their spells just look way too much fun.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:17   Link #333
Velsy

Quote:
you werent a very good necro were you? if you don't put most of your points into summons they will never stand a chance agenst bosses.

and Poison Nova necro > all

I only hope D3 has a paladin like class. and i hope witchdocter is somewhat of a diffrent necro. I want a undead army damn it.

I dont think I was, but it was only for fun and wanted to raise an undead army In the end the necromancer wasnt my cup of tea.

But so far Diablo 3 is going to look cartoonish, that will turn me away from the game for sure.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 00:42   Link #334
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I personally loved the Blizz Sorc in D2. Blizzard hit for a ton especially with cold mastery, teleport past monsters that are immune to cold (too much hassle), and use a special wand with lower resist charges to remove boss immunity to cold.

That said, I was also partial to Amazon, especially since I managed to snag the best set of javelins during one of my blizz sorc runs. Fastest crowd killer IIRC, as a chain lightning procs for every enemy that pierces through, meaning the more enemies the more powerful she was. Loved doing cow levels with her back then.

Of course, D3 already has the former, but I seriously hope it has the latter. I've always been more the magic/ranged kind of guy rather than melee... heck, it shows in my mecha tastes as well, since I prefer Macross over Gundam lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 02:30   Link #335
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I personally loved the Blizz Sorc in D2. Blizzard hit for a ton especially with cold mastery, teleport past monsters that are immune to cold (too much hassle), and use a special wand with lower resist charges to remove boss immunity to cold.

That said, I was also partial to Amazon, especially since I managed to snag the best set of javelins during one of my blizz sorc runs. Fastest crowd killer IIRC, as a chain lightning procs for every enemy that pierces through, meaning the more enemies the more powerful she was. Loved doing cow levels with her back then.

Of course, D3 already has the former, but I seriously hope it has the latter. I've always been more the magic/ranged kind of guy rather than melee... heck, it shows in my mecha tastes as well, since I prefer Macross over Gundam lol.
I loved Telekineses, open door, open chest !, grab money ! grab item !! I didnt have to move ! Then blizzard brang out a patch that made telekineses only worked on doors or so, I was so mad!!! It was practicually useless in combat, now its useless out of combat. Whats the point of it anymore.

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 05:59   Link #336
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

As long as the female monk looks like this ...

Spoiler for slightly NSFW:

I'm all for it, baby!

They did mention they took inspiration from Street Fighter no?
Old 2009-08-29, 06:32   Link #337
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
the fact that half the players are gonna be female chars basicly gonna be like wow all over again.
Errr... Doesn't that mean the other half plays male characters? Doesn't that make everything even?
Old 2009-08-29, 06:58   Link #338
zibi88

well the thing is (even in WoW) that lots of people will make a female class ^^ the reason is simple (just like in WoW) you are stuck with this character for most of the time so at least make it enjoyable ^^ (like in WoW you have to run a lot so you at least can look on the movien ass of your char ^^ so yeah enjoy while running to destination ^^)

anyway next class must be a ranged weapon user... since in barb class we could notice a bow weapon drop... and well its like why would they implant bows if there is no class specialy made for that kind of weapons ^^

as for now we have:

Barbarian - melee only fighter
Witch doc - summoner/curse or maybe some ranged attacks (that throwing flameing skull attack)
wizzard - magic/ ranged
monk - close combat (mostly staff like weapons...things that monks useually use..)

so the only class that misses is rather pure ranged weapon user... bows/crossbows/guns[first rifles]

I doubt we will get a class smilar to paladin... a heavy shinny armour user with sword+shield or with dual-hand swords...

if I had to pick up a class now I would mostly started like wizzard -> monk ->which doc -> barb

what I wonder is what summons the which doc can do... only those crowling like creatures (golem-dogs like) or some other creatures too... (skells I doubt about this)...

I wonder if blizzard about monk was looking on the "avatar cartoon... movie" ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 07:44   Link #339
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
haha stealing set items instead of farming them....yea I would up for that
I should not find that enjoyable imo , but I had fun trying to steal items from salesmen, and rare NPC (Like Drizzt) in BG2 >.>

Might be fun if they implement the possibility to steal items in D3 XD

On the topic of the female characters, the Amazon looked quite good in D2
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 09:01   Link #340
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll certainly try out the female Witch Doctor and Monk.

Now, if they have a decent-looking lady PC wearing heavy armour and kicking ass, I'm sold.

Tags
arpg, blizzard, dungeon crawler