AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-27, 13:10   Link #1
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Metallica Metalluca

I apologize if there's already a thread for this, though i've done a number of searches and couldn't find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summary
In a world where rare metals drive the economy, "Minea", the people who seek out these metals at the risk of their own life, are highly respected. A strange boy called Ruka has wandered destructively into the failing town of Elza, declaring that his goal is to be a Minea! He ends up under the surveillance of a village girl, Shella, whose little brother is sick from a poison gas accident in the town's now-closed mine. But there may be more to this situation than meets the eye! Will Ruka be able to help his new friends, and maybe one day become a legendary Minea?
Six chapters in, and it's rather enjoyable. Sure it's basically the love child of Dragonball and One Piece, though it's the kind of formula that does rather well in weekly JUMP, so might as well stick with it. Haven't really seen any big fights yet, though from the little previews we've been having so far, what we do get is sure to deliver.

Anyone else reading this? Thoughts?
Old 2010-06-27, 13:23   Link #2
Ashaman

yeah, I've been keeping an eye on it.

Pretty cliche so far, but has potential.

The female lead seems abit like early Nami, looking out for number one.

The use of metal is pretty interesting and unique, plus Ruka's ability gives him a very wide range of abilities, at least potentially.

That said, there hasn't been anything that stands out, but it is stil young.
Old 2010-06-27, 13:26   Link #3
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
The female lead seems abit like early Nami, looking out for number one.
Yeah, especially the way she wants to use the main character for her own advantages, though the way the two met was totally Goku and Bulma.
Old 2010-06-28, 08:22   Link #4
Wrath88
Kissing...

Doesn't stand out much. I see some HxH thrown into this though, when they came up with the Minea examination.
Old 2010-06-28, 08:53   Link #5
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Caught my eye when the first 3 chaps were out, thought I'd wait for the first 12 before making a thread though...I think it's decent, but then again, it IS just the beginning. Personally I like:
1) The powers. Since everyone can use metal objects, it makes everyone a decent opponent. Kinda reminds me of Satan 666, what with the rarity levels and everything.
2) The Minea force. Having a team of leet is always good, unless EVERYONE becomes one later on, which I pretty much fear will happen once the story moves on. Still, the peculiar sculpture piqued my interest in what the author will do in the future, since they've already taken it beyond just fighting.
3) This manga is very easy to read, what more to say?
Old 2010-06-28, 08:59   Link #6
blade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah, especially the way she wants to use the main character for her own advantages, though the way the two met was totally Goku and Bulma.
yeah totaly Goku when he make a long staff like Goku's magic staff(Nyoi-bo)
some of HunterxHunter stuff like the son who chase is father and the examination for hunting metal
Old 2010-06-28, 10:37   Link #7
Wrath88
Kissing...

Anyway, some predictions for what we'll see.
1. Survival test
2. Battle test
3. Knowledge test

All in all, I say it might be minimum five chapters before the test is over.
Old 2010-06-29, 16:21   Link #8
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
first few pages and i'm like wtf : Vegeta and Goku's illicit child?
that's how i see ruka at least :///
Old 2010-06-29, 16:29   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
first few pages and i'm like wtf : Vegeta and Goku's illicit child?
that's how i see ruka at least :///
Yeah he does have that image , though personality wise he reminds me more of Luffy, so that image quickly disappeared.
Old 2010-06-29, 16:36   Link #10
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
honestly, i still think he resembles goku more, the only aspect of him that's closer to ruffy is his dream. Generally he's the same airheaded, overpowered by nature kind of guy as goku used to be :/
and yeah, shino's basically bulma.
btw, i'm goku, i'm from the saiyajin race, i kick your butts easy wannabe's lolz
Classic mutenroshi and goku encounter right there, i might stop reading and wait for a couple of hundred chapters until i pick this up again. or just wait for the anime, it's decent though, but not enough story for my mangahunger that can only be stilled by bakuman atm.

and the old man even has sunglasses...................... total ripoff in it's own fascinating way =/

Last edited by LeaD36; 2010-06-29 at 17:08.
Old 2010-07-03, 17:32   Link #11
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Spoiler for Chaper 07:
Old 2010-07-11, 21:57   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

Pretty sure this manga is going to get the axe fairly soon, 2 weeks in the bottom 5 and now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangahelpers
Last and second place are Shonen Shikku and Metallica. And rest of bottom 5 list are going to release at tomorrow.
Old 2010-07-11, 22:59   Link #13
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Doesn't stand out much. I see some HxH thrown into this though, when they came up with the Minea examination.
Agreed, and the labels and stuff for the different types of metal and stuff remind meh of the animals/monsters and stuff from Toriko (love this manga)

But this manga does have potential. Definitely seems like the type that will last a while if it doesn't get canceled or whatever. If it does i wouldn't want to see a rushed ending like i saw in Ane Doki i liked that series.
Old 2010-07-12, 03:40   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar View Post
But this manga does have potential. Definitely seems like the type that will last a while if it doesn't get canceled or whatever. If it does i wouldn't want to see a rushed ending like i saw in Ane Doki i liked that series.[/COLOR][/B]
You'll be lucky to get 15 chapters the way this is going.
Old 2010-07-12, 03:45   Link #15
t3ck
Anime Freak

story too cliched, art kinda sux. the characters doesn't stand out as much. hopefully it will improve before it get the axe.
Old 2010-07-12, 14:53   Link #16
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ck View Post
story too cliched, art kinda sux. the characters doesn't stand out as much. hopefully it will improve before it get the axe.
The art isn't that badd and you're right, the characters don't stand out much. It should very much approve, i think I saw that it's been staying at/near the bottom, but then again it won't be easy for most new manga's to actually get good ranking. Like i saw on another Forum, they said the last 3 hits were Toriko, Bakuman, and Beelzebub.

This manga is starting to look like a mix between some manga's, something that the readers are reading now. That's why i say it has some kind of potential. And it's on chapter 8, can't say it has much of a story yet. But i wouldn't even put it in my top 100 (yet) either.
Old 2010-07-13, 09:09   Link #17
Wrath88
Kissing...

My opinion: the author has to throw in something pretty drastic to maintain popularity. The best thing I can think of would be a clue that points to his father, but he can't act on it because it's still in the middle of the test.
Old 2010-07-13, 22:55   Link #18
Lamar
Ippiki Ookami

I bet he'll most likely find out something small or bigg hint, depending on how long this manga will last.
Old 2010-09-10, 15:14   Link #19
ShiroiRyu

Like we thought, three volumes only for this manga.
Manga ended. A little sad because i loved the girl.
Source : Manga-news.
Old 2011-10-07, 07:48   Link #20
ShiroiRyu

http://www.manga-news.com/index.php/...passe-Mensuel?

For the one who want to know, the author will began a new serie the 3rd December.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen