AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hanasaku Iroha

Notices

View Poll Results: Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 26 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 46.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 26 28.26%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.09%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-26, 12:50   Link #61
calorie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
How open-ended was the romatic ending, really? They've both confessed to each other and the series ends with the two of them meeting up and walking off together. They're 16 - if you wanted a wedding or a consummation I think you're barking up the wrong tree. Isn't it enough - and perfectly natural - that the first thing two shy 16 year-olds who decide to have a relationship do is start dating?
They didn't kiss.
Old 2011-09-26, 12:59   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
They didn't kiss.
Right. I would have liked to have seen a kiss, or at least a hug.

But ah well, at least Okada didn't troll this time.
Old 2011-09-26, 13:57   Link #63
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

A kiss will be overdoing it for Ko and Ohana, the hug on the other hand, would be sufficient to my likings
Old 2011-09-26, 14:19   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Why can't a proclamation of love just be enough? Do they really have to demonstrate it through physical intimacy?

Anyway, perfect finale for me. I would've liked a bit more focus on Ko and Ohana but with so many characters I guess that would've been too difficult. The highlight of the episode was definitely Sui walking through the empty Inn. Very emotional.
Old 2011-09-26, 14:28   Link #65
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I'm glad there was very little Ko in this episode, I literally skipped through every scene that involved him and Ohana, I have 0 interest in that whole "relationship".

While I wasn't exactly exited for new episodes every week, I ended up enjoying this series more than I thought. I just felt the shitty half-assed romance that came along with it was unnecessary, but I guess you have to have such things in anime these days. A solid 7/10.

And I somehow ended up not completely hating Tohru by the end of the series. Actually, I really enjoyed all the characters (everyone but Ko), I feel they will be somewhat memorable, at least for me.
Old 2011-09-26, 14:44   Link #66
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

Yeah, I was hoping for a kiss too (as usual, FU Jiromaru). But the lack of a kiss is mildly disappointing, not open-ended. They're a couple - that's definitive.
Old 2011-09-26, 14:47   Link #67
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Why can't a proclamation of love just be enough? Do they really have to demonstrate it through physical intimacy?
I have even lower expectations than everyone else here. I would have been perfectly content for Ko and Ohana to look each other straight in eachothers eyes, and acknowledge that they like each other without blushing and awwwing like kids. Not even being able to manage that after all the drama we've had over this relationship is somewhat uninspiring. Being able to tell someone you love them isn't necessarily a sign of maturity IMHO. Being able to communicate with someone you love about not just how you love them, but about the world in general is a sign of maturity.

OTOH, the lack of physicality in romance is something that on occasion puts me on edge with these anime with cute female characters. You have some of the more hardcore moe Otaku who get pissed at their waifu doing anything with a guy. So when a female heroine doesn't so much as touch her male love interest? I'm not necessarily inclined to think it's sweet that they're so innocent. I have nibbling suspicion that there was a much creepier motivation for not including it.
Old 2011-09-26, 14:57   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Ah, there's nothing quite so sweet as the taste of the bitter tears of the vanquished...
Old 2011-09-26, 15:13   Link #69
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Ah, there's nothing quite so sweet as the taste of the bitter tears of the vanquished...
Whose crying? Besides, this is already something that I considered happening (I just didn't think it would happen, since I thought the show would be more tightly written than it was).

"Forever alone, or they throw some shit together last minute".

Ko/Ohana coming back together near the end of the second course was pretty hastily thrown together So definitely within the realms of my predictions.
Old 2011-09-26, 15:56   Link #70
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
OTOH, the lack of physicality in romance is something that on occasion puts me on edge with these anime with cute female characters. You have some of the more hardcore moe Otaku who get pissed at their waifu doing anything with a guy. So when a female heroine doesn't so much as touch her male love interest? I'm not necessarily inclined to think it's sweet that they're so innocent. I have nibbling suspicion that there was a much creepier motivation for not including it.
I'm actually dating a girl who was very shy and awkward when we met. I had a multi-month gap between my confession and her agreeing to go out with me (although we did meet a few times on a casual basis in the interm) and another multi-month gap before we kissed or anything like that... so Hanasaku Iroha simply struck me as realistic in that regard. It was just the anti-climactic nature of it that disappointed me a bit.

But then again, I'm a) a complete and utter sucker for cute, awkward couple and b) can't help but apply what I know about 4channers to 2chers and assume they're mostly trolls and/or playing to the disreputable elements in the crowd, so I'm probably biased here.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.

Last edited by 0utf0xZer0; 2011-09-26 at 17:46.
Old 2011-09-26, 16:36   Link #71
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Wonderful ending. I loved every bit of it and I definitely would like to see an epilogue.

After the closing of Kissuiso, are Yuina , Minko and Nako still in the same school?
Yes like always.. they are in the same city after all... but Yuina plans to study in france when she finished school.
Old 2011-09-26, 17:34   Link #72
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by calorie View Post
They didn't kiss.
Really? Then Clannad never ended.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-26, 18:20   Link #73
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
I'm actually dating a girl who was very shy and awkward when we met. I had a multi-month gap between my confession and her agreeing to go out with me (although we did meet a few times on a casual basis in the interm) and another multi-month gap before we kissed or anything like that... so Hanasaku Iroha simply struck me as realistic in that regard. It was just the anti-climactic nature of it that disappointed me a bit.
Mind you, I'd say there's a big difference between seeing someone casually on occasion and being limited to texting and phone calls for a long period of time. And some people really DO prefer to take things like relationships more slowly, which is perfectly fine. But as you said. With all the drama they had, the conclusion was ultimately way to anti-climatic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
But then again, I'm a) a complete and utter sucker for cute, awkward couple and b) can't help but apply what I know about 4channers to 2chers and assume they're mostly trolls and/or playing to the disreputable elements in the crowd, so I'm probably biased here.
I guess my problem is that I'm neutral to cute/awkward couples, and somewhat cynical

I don't know. I can find somewhat awkward couples cute. But Hanasaku Iroha never seemed to go beyond *Ko/Ohana are cute together*, despite how much drama surrounded the relationship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Really? Then Clannad never ended.
Clannad had this.
Old 2011-09-26, 18:28   Link #74
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Hah, I guess we had that but given it took like 47 episodes just for that, and it wasn't even face to face, I must blame Kyoani for making them so damned sterile. The best face to face kiss out of a KeyKyoAni anime was with a loli midget. T_T

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-27, 02:51   Link #75
Casshern

Damn it, I need to fest it up too!
Old 2011-09-27, 12:43   Link #76
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, that was a nicely rounded ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
Yeah I think this series sort of lost its footing a lit bit halfway in terms of what it wanted to do or who it wanted to do it with but for the most part it was a pretty enjoyable series. I was hoping for a time skip end as well, I think that would have been very fitting.
I really wanted a nice epilogue too. Seeing them all return there and all... would have been nice.
Old 2011-09-27, 13:51   Link #77
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

That ending where everyone parts ways and does their own shit..I hate those! It makes me feel all sad and stuff. ;_;

Overall, pretty good show.
Old 2011-09-27, 13:57   Link #78
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Thanks for the 2 negative points in reputation, i'm happy that there is people that has zero respect for the opinion of other people. So i have to lie and tell you that this serie was good? I follow till the end and i dislike it.
Is fun because the reason of the bad rep are stupid like retard and immature are the people who tag me:

Hanasaku Iroha -... 2011-09-25 15:39 ddd
Hanasaku Iroha -... 2011-09-25 13:55 Trolling jerk

Lol, nice and solid argouments we have here. Seems made by a 12 year old rage-kid, hiding behind an forum avatar for cowardice.

The 4 in the poll is mine like 4 is my vote for this serie overall, live with it.

Last edited by Fnights; 2011-09-27 at 14:09.
Old 2011-09-27, 14:00   Link #79
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

What did you say?
Old 2011-09-27, 14:07   Link #80
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
What did you say?
I said that some random people bad rep me becauase i dislike this serie and i tag it 4/10 , the reason are "ddd" and "Trolling jerk". But is ok, retards and kiddos don't have argouments at all, they just insult by clicking a button just because they can and after leave.
I want just point out how stupid these people are, sorry for the little OT.

ps: I notice now there are 2 users with 1 post that post a message and delete after, a ha ha, they probably give me the bad rep making a fake account. I'm speakless, some people are really retards but we are on internet after all. Again sorry for the OT, case closed.
Closed Thread