AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 87 50.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 31.58%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 8.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 4.09%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.75%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 1.75%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.58%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.17%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-12-10, 15:06   Link #41
Theorder14

I think that the conversation between Kirei and Tokiomi will be in the beginning of next episode as a flashback maybe?
Theorder14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:11   Link #42
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theorder14 View Post
I think that the conversation between Kirei and Tokiomi will be in the beginning of next episode as a flashback maybe?
it should have been in the last ep.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:12   Link #43
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Can we leave the novel adaptation comments to the novel thread? Pretty please?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:28   Link #44
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Shit episode. My god... ufotable gave us shit. Not just normal shit, but stinkingly bad one.

ufotable. You called this climax of the first cour? No. It was totally anticlamatic. You do this in place where you supposed to give the most tension and emotional development, along with various explanation for a lot of unexplained stuffs. Everything - CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT CUT... I can't even imagine how horrible it would... OH MY EYES...

and... Sakuga. You said your staffs were not sleeping, Aoki Ei. I say this, SHAFT is better if you are going to do this. I would rather have you guys re-working on this episode for another week then having this shit.

Such a horrible episode... just horrible.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:31   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Rider spoke the truth

I bet the first thing after his wish comes true is to be president of USA

So he would own all the B-2 bombers
No no Iskandar enters the 2000 presidential election and wins it due to his charisma.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:32   Link #46
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Ok, I think we need a non-novel reader opinion to balance out this thread.

Personally I came here without knowing what to expect, and I was rewarded with an interesting diatribe that, while I don't agree with it it did shed a light on Gil, Saber and Ishkandar's character and made them all the more interesting. The second half, while Assassin;s arrival did feel a little disconnect it was impressive non the least. Personally I'm rather pleased with what I saw, and I'm looking forward to what ufotable has in store for the remaining episodes.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:41   Link #47
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I thought those guys were chased out by the large amounts of spoilers that everybody seems to throw out casually despite the rules set on this board.
Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:43   Link #48
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post

Personally I came here without knowing what to expect, and I was rewarded with an interesting diatribe that, while I don't agree with it it did shed a light on Gil, Saber and Ishkandar's character and made them all the more interesting. The second half, while Assassin;s arrival did feel a little disconnect it was impressive non the least. Personally I'm rather pleased with what I saw, and I'm looking forward to what ufotable has in store for the remaining episodes.
Well, from novel reader's view, this part was supposed be the 'most godly episode'. It is supposed to be the best part of first cour, and ufotable ruined it instead.

The reason for Iskandar finding Saber was cut, The reason for Assassin coming was also cut, Gil's theory of becoming King was cut, characterisation of caster couple was cut......cut cut cut cut... Many important foreshadowings/ impacts/ plots points/ emotional devices were all cut, along with horrible direction with horrible Sakuga. That's why I'm calling this episode painful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I thought those guys were chased out by the large amounts of spoilers that everybody seems to throw out casually despite the rules set on this board.
At least I didn't do that.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:47   Link #49
Archer

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Well, from novel reader's view, this part was supposed be the 'most godly episode'. It is supposed to be the best part of first cour, and ufotable ruined it instead.

The reason for Iskandar finding Saber was cut, The reason for Assassin coming was also cut, Gil's theory of becoming King was cut, characterisation of caster couple was cut......cut cut cut cut... Many important foreshadowings/ impacts/ plots points/ emotional devices were all cut, along with horrible direction with horrible Sakuga. That's why I'm calling this episode painful.
Horrible sakuga I agree with you, but for the rest I really think that there was no way around cutting some significant aspects for the sake of time. Like I said, there are many hints that show that this was heavily edited from the original version of the episode, and they had to get the main point of the dialogue across for TV.

Spoiler for Regarding Caster:
Old 2011-12-10, 15:50   Link #50
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
From someone completely new to all things Fate, I think it was a fantastic episode. Got some character development in a rather interesting way and we got to see Rider's Noble Phantism. A solid 10/10.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:53   Link #51
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

At least I didn't do that.
They did the best they can under 22min, you will just have to see the rest in the BR.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:54   Link #52
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Horrible sakuga I agree with you, but for the rest I really think that there was no way around cutting some significant aspects for the sake of time. Like I said, there are many hints that show that this was heavily edited from the original version of the episode, and they had to get the main point of the dialogue across for TV.

Spoiler for Regarding Caster:
Sake of time? I can't buy that. That is some bad excuse that one studio can throw for the sake of money and hiding craps in actual episode. I know this so well, being SHAFT fan. If there was no way around, they should've at least extended this episode more and cut all those Loli Rin part which was waste of episode.

I do know they are planning to edit things on Blu-ray, but this is just too much. It's not just plot that is in trouble, it is script and direction itself, too. Those are not something that I expect to have it changed in BD.

Caster part? That was actually, supposed to be in loli Rin or even before Loli Rin. Everything that made Uryuu one of my favourite psychopath character - was all cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
They did the best they can under 22min, you will just have to see the rest in the BR.
As I said, I can see nothing good with that excuse. At least SHAFT had all there scripts on properly. Fate/Zero? Cut just about everywhere. I can't accept that. I'm not buying BD if Aoki Ei is really working on that mind-set.
Old 2011-12-10, 15:55   Link #53
Alaya
Counter Force

I won't be surprised if all of the cut part will appear in the BD, or if ufotable redraw this episode.

Sure, it could be more epic, but it's not that bad.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 15:57   Link #54
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

So to sum up this episode: Rider is cool, Saber sucks, and Assassin severely underestimated the huge lug. Great episode, though I wish Waver had something to do.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:00   Link #55
Archer

Quote:
Sake of time? I can't buy that. That is some bad excuse that one studio can throw for the sake of money and hiding craps in actual episode. I know this so well, being SHAFT fan. If there was no way around, they should've at least extended this episode more and cut all those Loli Rin part which was waste of episode.

I do know they are planning to edit things on Blu-ray, but this is just too much. It's not just plot that is in trouble, it is script and direction itself, too. Those are not something that I expect to have it changed in BD.

Caster part? That was actually, supposed to be in loli Rin or even before Loli Rin. Everything that made Uryuu one of my favourite psychopath character - was all cut.
They did extend the episode, by cutting out the OP entirely. You can tell that the original episode that was made much, MUCH longer than the one for TV, since there are numerous transition cuts that indicate that something was animated, but was removed later.

And when I say cut, I don't mean "not animating the content at all", I mean things like TV-versions of movies where they edit out existing footage so that they could fit in the credits/commercials. This is the same thing.
Old 2011-12-10, 16:14   Link #56
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
They did extend the episode, by cutting out the OP entirely. You can tell that the original episode that was made much, MUCH longer than the one for TV, since there are numerous transition cuts that indicate that something was animated, but was removed later.

And when I say cut, I don't mean "not animating the content at all", I mean things like TV-versions of movies where they edit out existing footage so that they could fit in the credits/commercials. This is the same thing.
No. Leaving out existing footage = not animating. What's the point animating it earlier when they can't even show it to us properly? That's an horrible excuse. If they are going to do that, they should've done it better. They still throw anime original content from Loli Rin adventure which is totally useless to plot development, but cut stuffs from King's Banquet part that is important to plot? That's - just not right.

I keep saying this - what presented in screen is what that matters. I also said this, there was more bad things other than cut that cannot be edited or changed unless they totally redo this episode - which cannot happen.
Old 2011-12-10, 16:23   Link #57
iBeast

That was a damn good episode. And omg Gilgamesh....

I thought Rider was clowning everyone... but the biggest clown of them all was Gilamesh lol loved how he summoned the golden wine.

But man, the little witty remarks Gil was throwing at Saber after Rider left was priceless. She was definitely wet.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:28   Link #58
hero147

Quote:
No. Leaving out existing footage = not animating. What's the point animating it earlier when they can't even show it to us properly? That's an horrible excuse. If they are going to do that, they should've done it better. They still throw anime original content from Loli Rin adventure which is totally useless to plot development, but cut stuffs from King's Banquet part that is important to plot? That's - just not right.

I keep saying this - what presented in screen is what that matters. I also said this, there was more bad things other than cut that cannot be edited or changed unless they totally redo this episode - which cannot happen.
It's much easier to animate an episode and cut off-footage to fit into a 23 minute time frame than it is to entirely redo the episode for the Blu-ray disc release. You're completely disregarding that studios do need to follow time contraints when airing tv shows.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-10, 16:28   Link #59
Archer

Quote:

The problem is that if you extend the episode beyond the episode's actual length to accommodate it for TV broadcast, you are going to end up actually harming the scene in question due to the format of television. If they had to include everything in the scene into TV, you would cut the flow of the scene which crucial for reasons I already posted earlier.

And again, if they hadn't padded the scene with Rin and adapted the story as-is, the scene would be cut anyway and we'd be having a different conversation about how ufotable ended the episode in the middle of a dialogue scene when it makes more sense to dedicate the entire episode as they did here.

ufotable already stated that their goals for the series was to adapt it around the episodic television format, so they did. However, due to the restrictions of the format they had to make compromises to make it work for TV. It might piss you off since there's a lot cut out from the television broadcast, but the most important aspect of that scene was that dialogue between Rider and Saber. It works as a "television" adaptation, and the full version will be released later for people that want to watch everything.
Old 2011-12-10, 16:31   Link #60
LunarMoon

Quote:
Nope. What appears on the blu-rays is what matters since that's ultimately the definitive version. I couldn't care less what did or didn't appear during the TV airing of an anime from 2001, since I'm only going to have access to the DVD release, anyway. If a scene was censored from the 2004 airing of Elfen Lied, for instance, then I don't know and I don't care. If these scenes aren't going to appear on the blu-rays then that's another matter, but given the evidence presented by Archer, that's highly doubtful. Anyway, great episode in my opinion. This more than made up for the disappointment that was episode 10.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote