AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-13, 23:25   Link #1241
gaiar31

gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 01:45   Link #1242
PzIVf3

Glorious Tiger
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 02:21   Link #1243
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
A scaled version would work. Unfortunately, it'd kill authenticity

There is of course... a concern. A 1:1 scale Panzer IV just wouldn't fit within the usual confinements of common Japanese streets, let a alone a place like Ooarai.

Doesn't mean I am giving up on the chances of seeing one, though

- Tak

Here's a video showing a 1:1 scale Tiger replica (made in Russia for the curious):

Of course, if you want an exact mm-accurate replica, computer controlled metal injection molding and CNC machines would be needed for that.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 03:31   Link #1244
gaiar31

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Glorious Tiger

Ground Defense Force! (Rikujou Bouei-tai) Mao-Chan by Ken Akamatsu

Last edited by gaiar31; 2012-11-14 at 03:55.
Old 2012-11-14, 03:49   Link #1245
PzIVf3

^^^
Oh i never heard of this series. Im a Slowpoke. Thanks gaiar
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 04:19   Link #1246
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post

Ground Defense Force! (Rikujou Bouei-tai) Mao-Chan by Ken Akamatsu
new work of Ken Akamatsu? I've never heard of this one.
Old 2012-11-14, 04:30   Link #1247
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
new work of Ken Akamatsu? I've never heard of this one.
Nope, this is an old anime+manga ..after Love hina but before Negima, I think.

Characters from Love Hina also appear breify in the manga version.
Old 2012-11-14, 10:14   Link #1248
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Ankou Team
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Images
Panzer Vor

Images
Battlefield

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-11-14 at 12:15.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 13:37   Link #1249
Marina2

Since I have a lot of free time, I created some avatars, sigs, gifs.

IT'S YUKARI TIME!

Images
Normal gifs

Images

Images
Sig

YUKARI, YOUR SMILE IS TOO CUTE!

Feel free to use them!
Old 2012-11-14, 14:36   Link #1250
Random Wanderer

It was mentioned in those profile things that Momo's favorite tank is a Tiger II. I was looking it up in response to someone elsewhere commenting on it, and from what wikipedia says, if one of those things were to be built to spec, without the budget constraints that forced wartime Germany to use inferior parts and materials, it would walk all over anything Oarai could throw at it. 180 mm frontal armor? A gun with 80% accuracy at 2km, and penetration of 153 mm of armor at that same range? Able to move at roughly the same speed as the fastest of the vehicles on Oarai's list? The rear armor seems weaker, but as long as it could maneuver to keep the heavy-hitters in front of it, it sounds like one of these could take out our entire team.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:41   Link #1251
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
YUKARI, YOUR SMILE IS TOO CUTE!
No truer words have been spoken. Yukari truly is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
It was mentioned in those profile things that Momo's favorite tank is a Tiger II. I was looking it up in response to someone elsewhere commenting on it, and from what wikipedia says, if one of those things were to be built to spec, without the budget constraints that forced wartime Germany to use inferior parts and materials, it would walk all over anything Oarai could throw at it. 180 mm frontal armor? A gun with 80% accuracy at 2km, and penetration of 153 mm of armor at that same range? Able to move at roughly the same speed as the fastest of the vehicles on Oarai's list? The rear armor seems weaker, but as long as it could maneuver to keep the heavy-hitters in front of it, it sounds like one of these could take out our entire team.
The Tiger II was indeed a formidable tank spec-wise, combining a powerful gun with highly effective armor and the mobility of a medium tank of the time. It's essentially a Main Battle Tank even before the term was coined. Too bad that the Tiger II was plagued with a lot of problems, many of them related to its engineering that rendered it less effective than it should have.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 14:53   Link #1252
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

It was a massive battle-machine, to be sure.

So here is a well known story of Germany's last stand involving a Königstiger:

One of last two Königstigers (which really means Bengal Tiger) belonging to SS Tank Battalion 503 took defensive position of the Reichstag in May 1st (Battle of Berlin ended on the 2nd of May), 1945. By the evening, about 30 T-34s were knocked out by that one, lone Tiger. A counterattack was even initiated the next day. Unfortunately, it only served to delay the inevitable. Nonetheless, this was a testament to the powers of a Königstigers. A fine vehicle, indeed.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 15:03   Link #1253
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Spoiler for mako reizei:
Old 2012-11-14, 17:33   Link #1254
tsunade666

^that picture of Mako reminds me of Sakamoto of strike witches.
Old 2012-11-14, 17:53   Link #1255
Sumeragi
Banned

Reason: Shimada Fumikane drew that.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 17:58   Link #1256
gaiar31

Now Bus Ticket sale on 11月18日

Old 2012-11-14, 18:14   Link #1257
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Yes, GuP is featured in the official site for the Ibaraki Prefectural Government.
Actually one shouldn't be surprised at all. Last year, Rinne no Langrage centered on Kamogawa, and the said show is now associated with the city.

Hell, I know I went to Kyushu and visited Kumamoto castle after playing Gunparade March back in 2000...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-11-14, 18:42   Link #1258
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The Tiger II was indeed a formidable tank spec-wise, combining a powerful gun with highly effective armor and the mobility of a medium tank of the time. It's essentially a Main Battle Tank even before the term was coined. Too bad that the Tiger II was plagued with a lot of problems, many of them related to its engineering that rendered it less effective than it should have.
Indeed, but all (or almost all) of those problems strike me as issues that a Senshadou team would be allowed to fix. Faulty components, improper welding on the armor, poor quality metals used to make the armor... Those are all construction issues, not design issues. I think a Senshadou team could justify rebuilding the Tiger II to spec, which would make it an even nastier proposition for anyone having to face it.

I'm raising this issue, because the Tiger II strikes me as exactly the sort of tank I'd expect Maho to use. In expert hands (and she is an expert, if anyone is) that thing could rip our girls up.

Quote:
Actually one shouldn't be surprised at all. Last year, Rinne no Langrage centered on Kamogawa, and the said show is now associated with the city.
From what I hear, numerous cities these days are aiming to take advantage of the tourism boost that comes from being featured in an anime. More power to them, really. It hasn't seemed to hurt any of the anime it's been done it yet, so I have no complaints.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 19:38   Link #1259
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

On Tiger 2... I remember that late German steel quality wasn't so great, so there's cracking issues with the Königstiger. This tank however, would've been great, but it suffers from the steering gear and drivetrain issues at a worse rate than say the Panther (bad enough as it is. The tank share the same powerplant with Tiger 2.)

I'm pretty crap when it comes to drawing, but the moment I saw Yukari being given the spiritual name of "Guderian", I had to try sketching this out...

Guderian was one of the loneliest man in Wehrmacht, loves Panzer, knows how to operate every tank under his command. Heck, he wrote the book on Blitzkrieg doctrine. He earned the nickname "hurrying Heinz" by first, crossing Meuse in 3 days (he estimated 4) as his tanks rolled over Ardennes, beating then Brigadier General Charles du Gaulle, at such a pace that OKH couldn't keep up with him.

He was the one that was responsible in training people in Leichtraktors and Panzer I, and without him, there would have been no Panzerwaffe.

You could've had Yukari quote Guderian verbatim, and you wouldn't suspect a thing: here's some examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz Guderian
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone. (The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main-gun.)
If the tanks succeed, then victory follows.
Logistics is the ball and chain of armored warfare.
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern. (You hit somebody with your fist and not with your fingers spread. concentrate your Panzer, not use them piecemeal)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2012-11-14 at 19:59.
panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-14, 19:42   Link #1260
Tak

^ Nice work, sir.

- Tak

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks