AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 35.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-21, 00:05   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Psycho-Pass - Episode 18 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Psycho-Pass, Episode 18.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-02-21, 11:12   Link #2
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Spoiler for this episode:
Old 2013-02-21, 11:49   Link #3
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

I highly doubt this episode will look horrid compared to the others.
Old 2013-02-21, 12:02   Link #4
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher View Post
I highly doubt this episode will look horrid compared to the others.
It does look horrible. Lucky there isn't much action, just a talking episode.
Old 2013-02-21, 12:05   Link #5
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Looks fine to me >.>.

Then again, I don't care about animation all that much.
Old 2013-02-21, 12:16   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 18:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2013-02-21 at 13:58.
Old 2013-02-21, 12:59   Link #7
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It does look horrible. Lucky there isn't much action, just a talking episode.
I wouldn't say horrible but there is clearly issues with quality, It's good to know they already apologized for it and are planning to revamp this for BR release.
Old 2013-02-21, 13:38   Link #8
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Personally the only quality drop is the whole "Akane is now a love interest to Ko (and not much else)." The series is a lot more fun when Akane's in the spotlight, the whole badass/betrayal is nice and all but it's been done so much I personally am a little desensitized of it.
Old 2013-02-21, 15:19   Link #9
hero147

I thought there would be a little more feedback on the stint with the chief from Ko but apparently not. Ko still remains fixated on Makashima above the problems with Sibyl. I'm guessing the series is heading for Ko vs. Makashima and everybody else vs. Sibyl?
Old 2013-02-21, 15:49   Link #10
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Kogami is away ... Shion and Masaoka likely to have problems if someone discovers they helped ... In any case, I thought before that there would be a true exchange executor Kogami with another Division 2 but this is not the case
Old 2013-02-21, 16:17   Link #11
roon
_(:q 」∠)_ _(ФωФ*」∠)_
*Artist

Since the Division 1 and 2 investigators saw the Chief override a Dominator to put it in Destroy Decomposer mode, there's no way they're walking out of this situation without thinking something is fishy, right? Particularly if Akane puts two and two together since Kougami suggested Kagari was eliminated in a way that wouldn't leave a trace. Well, I guess they could shrug it off and think Nobuchika's was broken...

The Chief angers me quite a bit now, particularly due to how she/they are using Kagari as an excuse to whip everyone around. I'd really like to see some comeuppance against Sybil and soon. I don't like the way they were eyeing Akane after she shot Kougami, too. Hopefully they're not looking to scout her as one of them.

So I'm guessing Yayoi saying she was going to grab a bite to eat was actually code for something else, if Shion got word of Kougami so quickly (and unofficially)

Overall a slower episode, but you can tell everything's going to hit the fan after this.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:30   Link #12
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Now that we know the Chief is likely controlling the body remotely, there is no way to punish him/her without throwing a bomb into the Sybil cluster.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:30   Link #13
Awrya
U mad?

Why are the episodes so short?
Just me who thinks animation quality dropped compared to previous episodes? Since it was mainly talking, it is kind of acceptable.

So Ginoza understood firsthand that the Chief could change the setting of the Dominator. My guess is sooner or later Ginoza's crime coefficient will rise, possibly letting Kogami escape in later episodes and doubting Sybil, demoting him to an Enforcer.

Still wondering whether it's Touma from last episode who is using the Chief model, or if it's another brain from Sybil.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:35   Link #14
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post

So I'm guessing Yayoi saying she was going to grab a bite to eat was actually code for something else, if Shion got word of Kougami so quickly (and unofficially)
no comment +1 for you, it's a shame Yayoi still not have much screentime, and when she can talk about is that she will go to "eat" x"D

Quote:
Just me who thinks animation quality dropped compared to previous episodes? Since it was mainly talking, it is kind of acceptable.
the quality of the animation that down? personally yes and no (yes because of Shion in episodes that before in some Scene I felt that his design was a little different)
Old 2013-02-21, 16:54   Link #15
Moni-chan
Roookie

This episode was kinda of depressing to me The last scenes made me cry, i hope im not the only one.I knew that Kougami was going to break the promise he made, it shows in the opening and the actual name of the episode. The episodes before this one were way better, but i believe that gen was just preparing us for the next episode which will be incredible. I hate the chief, she's being really mean to Ginoza it's almost like she wants his crime coefficient to rise using him as a tool to kill Kougami because he is a burden to their(i can't say her anymore because it's a different brain and it's the whole sybil system) plan on making Makishima one of them.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:57   Link #16
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Yayoi's next to go. Calling it.
Old 2013-02-21, 16:58   Link #17
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moni-chan View Post
This episode was kinda of depressing to me The last scenes made me cry, i hope im not the only one.I knew that Kougami was going to break the promise he made, it shows in the opening and the actual name of the episode. The episodes before this one were way better, but i believe that gen was just preparing us for the next episode which will be incredible. I hate the chief, she's being really mean to Ginoza it's almost like she wants his crime coefficient to rise using him as a tool to kill Kougami because he is a burden to their(i can't say her anymore because it's a different brain and it's the whole sybil system) plan on making Makishima one of them.
May have to say there is a brain that appreciates and estimated Ginoza, and a new one that does not like

Quote:
Yayoi's next to go. Calling it.
Honestly I think it is good that in the next episode that will focus on Kougami (not change ) and Makishima, Yayoi, Masaoka ect ect will be in the background ... as usual and honestly I think the flashback episode Yayoi was to compensate for his lack of screentime by the creator of the anime ... so here goes ...

I do not know how to put forward the other characters (yayoi and Masaoka) with a bow while it is obvious that the upcoming episodes will focus on leakage Kougami and Makishima.
Old 2013-02-21, 17:34   Link #18
j4c06

Quote:
Since the Division 1 and 2 investigators saw the Chief override a Dominator to put it in Destroy Decomposer mode, there's no way they're walking out of this situation without thinking something is fishy, right? Particularly if Akane puts two and two together since Kougami suggested Kagari was eliminated in a way that wouldn't leave a trace. Well, I guess they could shrug it off and think Nobuchika's was broken...
Akane had had a broken dominator once, so she knew what she was talking about. The way she looked straight in front of herself after that was priceless, too.
Old 2013-02-21, 17:46   Link #19
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Ahahahaha, Akane you wonderful, beautiful being! I didn't know you had it in you!
Old 2013-02-21, 17:48   Link #20
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sybil members are about as obsessed with Makishima as Kogami is. They attempted to kill Kogami just so their precious Makishima is kept safe. Kogami understands there is something rotten about the system but he doesn't care. All he can see is Makishima. I'm starting to think a team-up is impossible. No matter how evil Sybil might be, Kogami will never accept to work with Makishima to take it down.

On the other hand, I could see Akane working with Makishima in spite of everything that happened. She's a lot more pragmatic and cool-headed than Kogami. If Makishima is needed to destroy a greater evil, she will gladly use him.

Quote:
They were already thinking something was odd about Kagari's disappearance, so this will only reinforce their belief something fishy is going on. They're not going to simply dismiss this as Gino's dominator being broken. They all saw the chief was urging Gino to kill Kogami. Akane clearly understood what happened, and that's quite the poker face she had on when she claimed Gino's dominator was broken. She was awesome once again. That was nice and quick thinking on her part.