Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2016-08-30, 05:34   Link #41
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Similarly, the other two anime's "targets" were very strong teams and the Wiki suggests Ganbare is in that mold - it also seems the protagonist team in Ganbare made it the following year (the real closure was just "cut off" by the anime's limited run).
No, Kickers never won against their main rival (Red Devils-team) in the manga either IIRC. The part that the anime didn't adapt is when Kickers fought Harry's team in a dirty play. Uesugi (Red Devils' captain/goalkeeper) even supported Kickers so that they can win against Harry.

And no, as depicted in the later part of the series and the climactic match in the anime, Red Devils is not that far from Kickers' reach that it's impossible or unthinkable for them to win. It was a close match, but Kickers still can't defeat Red Devils. But that's not a problem coz the series is focusing on the MC-team's growth and development. And St. Glorianna is closer to Red Devils than you think.
Old 2016-08-30, 06:29   Link #42
vic-vic

IIRC in Little Army 2 Oorai also got trounced by Continuation School

And Pravda could easilly crush Ooorai when they cornered them if Katyusha didn't catch Villain Ball with all this cease-fire deal
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-30, 06:30   Link #43
arkhangelsk

Well, I'm just reading off the Wiki text.

Quote:
翔の熱意もあってキッカーズは強豪・南陽SCと練習試合を行うことになり、ゴールキーパー・上杉光を擁する 南陽を相手に、後半だけなら1-0で勝つものの、試合自体は1-12の大差で敗れる。
Based on it, in the first match in the first year, Kickers got creamed by 南陽SC (since it has Uesugi in it, I think that's what became "Red Devils" in English) 1-12.

Quote:
決勝の相手は初戦で西山SSSを下した南陽SCで、一進一退の攻防を続けるものの、2-3のスコアでキッカーズが敗れ、全国大会出場を逃す。
They lost 2-3 in the finals again.

Quote:
本郷が卒業し、新キャプテンの健太の下で活動を始めた新生キッカーズ...決勝の相手は準決勝で南陽SCを 大差で下した西山SSSとなるが
The next year (since a senior person graduated), the finals was against a "西山SSS" (南陽SC apparently got rolled) and

Quote:
西山が優勢に進めるが、後半に入って翔の得点でキッカーズが勝ち越し、全国大会出場を決めるの だった。
Kickers won and advanced to the nationals. So you are right Kickers never won directly against 南陽SC/Red Devils but it is one of those "indirect win" things where you beat the thing (like KMM) that beat your rival .

Quote:
And no, as depicted in the later part of the series and the climactic match in the anime, Red Devils is not that far from Kickers' reach that it's impossible or unthinkable for them to win.
I believe that, but that's not the same thing I'm talking about. Ultimately, I can't comment on how close St G is to 南陽SC/Red Devils (b/c I hadn't read or watched it). But to recreate St G, RD would have won more like 5-4 in the first match and not shown to be too dangerous.

I do understand that it is possible to "focus on the Mc-team's growth", but IMO it is still harder to culminate right with a "losing ending" because when you lose, you have to work harder to define exactly what they did manage to accomplish. While with a win, what they accomplished is self-apparent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
IIRC in Little Army 2 Oorai also got trounced by Continuation School
Yeah, apparently, Oarai had "mechanical trouble". From the flow of events, one cannot help but speculate that LA2 was meant to be 4 books long, was then chopped to three and thus both teams lost their matches so they can bump into one another quickly in a "revival match".

Quote:
And Pravda could easilly crush Ooorai when they cornered them if Katyusha didn't catch Villain Ball with all this cease-fire deal
Oh, I don't disagree with that, but IMO Pravda is a bit far from our discussion at hand. This in essence is arguing at a technical level that Oarai can lose to any of the bigs, and I don't doubt that. However, today I'm looking more at "literary" matters.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 07:55   Link #44
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm hoping this will be a TV series spanning 24-26 episodes, rather than a movie. The latter takes forever to become accessible.
Old 2016-08-31, 15:34   Link #45
Julio C
Bury My Shell

Send a message via AIM to Julio C Send a message via MSN to Julio C Send a message via Yahoo to Julio C
So it's finally happening, and it's sad to see it end eventually.

So it could either be a series or a movie, I'm hoping for a TV series.

Now the question is, can this final chapter would be able to top the movie?
Julio C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 17:02   Link #46
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It insanity over the topness? Probably not.

In realistic tank battling? I hope so.

I'd like a nice looking fight that is not so seemingly one sided in either numbers or quality of tanks. Sure we need Miho to come up with a plan, or the other teams to have a shining moment, but it also be nice to see someone using Miho's tactics against her, and force her to either counter in kind, or do something different (even lose because someone used her style against her).

It is interesting how the perceptions of certain characters has changed over time. Anchovy was introduced in the manga as quite angry and mean, but now she's quite the favorite. Maho is nowhere near as brutal as she looks, but also shows a protective side for family. I think Darjeeling was always a favorite. But even the perception of the student council is vastly different now than near the start of the show. They also went from the flag tank that couldn't hit anything to the massive troll team, with them being involved with taking out both the Maus and the Karl in weird and dangerous ways.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2016-08-31 at 17:12.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 21:50   Link #47
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
It is interesting how the perceptions of certain characters has changed over time. Anchovy was introduced in the manga as quite angry and mean, but now she's quite the favorite. Maho is nowhere near as brutal as she looks, but also shows a protective side for family. I think Darjeeling was always a favorite. But even the perception of the student council is vastly different now than near the start of the show. They also went from the flag tank that couldn't hit anything to the massive troll team, with them being involved with taking out both the Maus and the Karl in weird and dangerous ways.
To be fair, with Anchovy, it's because they rolled over the exact section in the manga, but I do agree we are seeing more sides off Maho and Darjeeling (personally, it's the Drama CD Darjeelings that are the most endearing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I'm hoping this will be a TV series spanning 24-26 episodes, rather than a movie. The latter takes forever to become accessible.
I'll also prefer a TV-series, which allows more time for some character development. Further, a TV-series will have less $/minute budgeted. Experience has shown that when that staff has less $/minute, they'll focus on tactics rather than tankobatics, which makes it a much more enjoyable and balanced experience.
Old 2016-08-31, 22:13   Link #48
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quite so Mind you, when I say TV series (I can't say I speak for anyone else for sure), I'd like a two-cour season. Twelve episodes is fine and all for testing the waters, but the community clearly shows there's a strong market for this show. If that happens, I'll be very happy. Plus, a TV series would let us stream episodes: no more of this "waiting for an indeterminate period of time to watch it" business.

Last edited by Infinite Zenith; 2016-08-31 at 23:14.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 23:01   Link #49
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Excited for a TV series? Of course I am!
In support of a 24 Episode Format? You bet!
Wanting a Grand Slam Bang Finale Movie as a Climax for One Final Farewell After the 24 Episodes? Oh HELL YES!!!
Old 2016-08-31, 23:07   Link #50
moodie

Can Actas even handle that? 24 episodes?
moodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-31, 23:12   Link #51
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

12 is fine, as long as we get another epic 4DX finale in the theatres to close it off!
Old 2016-08-31, 23:14   Link #52
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

ACTAS will be powered by the fans' support and love. They got this
Old 2016-09-01, 11:37   Link #53
xizro345
King's Justice

Assuming they don't screw up the contract again AND survive the aftermath of Regalia's delay mid-air.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 04:42   Link #54
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

And glorious PV is out!!!!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Wonder what that Goliath swarm was all about

Everyone's looking well and good though, can't wait

Also, I don't think it's a coincidence that this trailer was released on the 100th anniversary of the tank's first deployment unto the battlefield.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2016-09-16 at 05:09.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-16, 05:13   Link #55
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

One still wonders what this one will be about.
Old 2016-09-16, 20:01   Link #56
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Eagerly waiting for this...
Old 2016-09-16, 20:33   Link #57
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Please be whole series and not a single OVA
Etc Etc Etc
Old 2016-09-16, 22:08   Link #58
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Etc Etc Etc
I notice they actually bothered to make new uniforms, which they didn't bother doing for the movie (except for ONE particular cut which only highlights the economy-of-force), so there is reason to believe it'll be a series.
Old 2016-09-16, 22:51   Link #59
Hata
時の異邦人

that is not some newly made panzer uniform, that is call high school winter uniform, the whole GuP time frame is only from April to August (TV) and September (movie), when they wears their summer uniform plus their panzer uniform, this final chapter would be the immediate school winter quarter timeframe after the tournament with the university team, for comparison, check Hibiki no Euphonium and their two sets of uniform.

further, the supposed big happening, the things that "shocks" Oarai, the extra news sheet people handing out? it is to be a ONE DAY trip, to be done by armor train, (notice the "infinite track works" poster behind the new student president Hana?) so whatever the event is, it would take one day, and I highly doubt you can stretch a one day event into a TV season.
Old 2016-09-16, 23:36   Link #60
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
Etc Etc Etc
24 episodes > 12 episodes > OVA series > single OVA >> movie

The wait for the last movie was excruciating, so if it came down to it, I'll take an OVA running an hour over a movie, hence the ordering