AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-22, 08:25   Link #2521
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Played some Bad Company 2 and Black Ops.

My gawd, wish I had some friends that play BC2.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 16:53   Link #2522
YuriEcchiGirl

Bayonetta on PS3
Old 2011-08-22, 19:42   Link #2523
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I loved Bayonetta such a crazy fun, over the top game.

Hope they decide to make a sequel. <3

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-23, 13:18   Link #2524
calorie

As of late I've been tactfully investing a few minutes of my spare time into:

Final Fantasy VII (PlayStation)
Tsukihime (PC)
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-24, 04:21   Link #2525
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Well... picked up Fist of the North Star today for 360... found it to be preeeetty good. Seeing as it plays alot like Dynasty Warrior, the game quickly became a button masher. I'm usually one to listen/play things in english dub, but I felt I should play this with Japanese VA's going... just cause. Now... FotNS is something I was planning on reading/watching awhile back... but to find out the game is somewhat retelling the manga was good to know... though I'm not sure how well it does it~

Also picked up my Shin Megami Tensai: Devil Survivor Overclocked pre-order for the 3DS today... glad to say it passed all expectations. The crisp graphics, the new opening, and the full voice cast just make it sooooo much more enjoyable then the playtime I put into the DS version~
Old 2011-08-26, 06:10   Link #2526
YuriEcchiGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I loved Bayonetta such a crazy fun, over the top game.

Hope they decide to make a sequel. <3
I totally agree, I'm also hoping for a sequel at some point aswell

I've not long had a play at Bloodrayne on the XBox 360, FUN TIMES!!!
Old 2011-08-26, 17:27   Link #2527
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Finished Origins and continuing on to Awakening for the first time -- my ultimate goal being to meet Morrigan again in Witch Hunt. So far it's good enough, not spectacular but not bad; Anders is kind of fun and Nathaniel Howe is considerably more likable than I thought he would be. He came around quickly to the idea that Arl Howe was evil after all and didn't try to guilt me about his "murder," and he's quiet and appreciative. The "stronghold" side of things is also something I've always liked in Bioware/Obsidian games. Though I think the plot, which I spoilered, is a regrettable and somewhat far-fetched turn (I'd prefer if they let the Archdemon's glory be), it's not that bad. And then I went to the Wending Woods...

Urgh.

You know, I liked every companion character in Origins except for the "Secret" Companion, some very much so. I'm a completionist so I like to bring every character if I can, as well, but...Velanna...

Maker, who made this bitch? She's like a, a chihuahua or a poodle or some other disgusting little dog you just want to kick into a spiked wall. With a remorseless racist I'm-oppressed-so-ima-bitchin' tint.

Fuck the companion potential or the achievements. I'm going to enjoy cutting off her head. With messy kill.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 17:38   Link #2528
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
After finishing Muv-Luv Alternative I've started a new game in Extra with plans to go onto Unlimited but I'm only playing for twenty minutes a day.

Also picked up an old game of Jagged Alliance 2 Urban Chaos I had on the go. Still trying to figure out what overall strategy I was going for with my team set up and what I had already conquered.

I'm surprised how crappy my equipment is though, I thought I was doing really well. Currently dropped a lot of my NATO weapons in preference for WP because I have bugger all 5.56x45mm left after a huge firefight that had my M249 SAWs chewing through it.

Still hanging out to find the AWSM, the CZ700 is starting to lack the punch to pierce the heavier combat helmets of the Danubian Special Forces.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-26, 18:39   Link #2529
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Got back to Advance Wars Dual Strike. Forgot how much I loved that game. And played some stupid Bad Company 2 on the side.
Old 2011-08-27, 18:02   Link #2530
Sides

Xenoblade, hell yeah. Game is literately massive, many side-quests and huge world to explore. Already have Deus Ex HR installed on my notebook, but xenoblade is taking more time than I thought it would. Think i am 50-60h in and still haven got the last playable character yet.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-28, 00:41   Link #2531
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Rance VIII (Rance Quest) and oh boy i miss this game
Old 2011-08-30, 18:57   Link #2532
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Finally finished the campaign in GRAW after 2-3 years lol.
Old 2011-08-30, 19:00   Link #2533
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Rance VIII (Rance Quest) and oh boy i miss this game
Its such a rage starter though when you run out of action points on your skills..

Rance VIII (Rance Quest)
Katahane
Diamic Days
Da Capo
Old 2011-08-31, 05:46   Link #2534
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Finished Origins and continuing on to Awakening for the first time -- my ultimate goal being to meet Morrigan again in Witch Hunt. So far it's good enough, not spectacular but not bad; Anders is kind of fun and Nathaniel Howe is considerably more likable than I thought he would be. He came around quickly to the idea that Arl Howe was evil after all and didn't try to guilt me about his "murder," and he's quiet and appreciative. The "stronghold" side of things is also something I've always liked in Bioware/Obsidian games. Though I think the plot, which I spoilered, is a regrettable and somewhat far-fetched turn (I'd prefer if they let the Archdemon's glory be), it's not that bad. And then I went to the Wending Woods...

Urgh.

You know, I liked every companion character in Origins except for the "Secret" Companion, some very much so. I'm a completionist so I like to bring every character if I can, as well, but...Velanna...

Maker, who made this bitch? She's like a, a chihuahua or a poodle or some other disgusting little dog you just want to kick into a spiked wall. With a remorseless racist I'm-oppressed-so-ima-bitchin' tint.

Fuck the companion potential or the achievements. I'm going to enjoy cutting off her head. With messy kill.
Quite agree with you there

Awakenings feels some kind of.... I don't know, but the enjoyment isn't as much as Origins. Some of the characters feel to be designed half-heartedly (both the appearances and traits) and we also can't engage in conversation with our companions freely, which is a disappointment. The villains and the story is supposed to hold great meaning, but somehow till the end of the game, the story doesn't feel that important.

But I love the new job class, items, and combat abilites. I wish there would be a mod to port the combat ability to Origins... Really love that endless flurry for dual weapons
Old 2011-09-01, 04:16   Link #2535
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Finally finished the campaign in GRAW after 2-3 years lol.
I loved GRAW.

It could get so damn intense and those unexpected firefights were always such a rush.

I remember one time moving from cover to cover, stopping, listening, moving my men forward ever so carefully and constantly checking the satellite feed for enemy movement.

Then I rounded one corner to an ally and there were four Mexican army regulars just standing around and before I could dive behind cover they saw me and raised their weapons.

I went down the sights on my SCAR-L and unloaded as quickly as I could but so did the Mexicans.

It was one of those engagements that lasted only seconds but felt like an eternity. With each shot I fired I kept expecting to take a hit myself and it would all be over. By some stroke of luck despite several shots biting awfully close, I was still alive and the enemy had been taken out.

I remember being pretty jittery after that for a bit!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 09:18   Link #2536
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

olololol Yeah, I know that feeling all too well. I wish I had the chance to try out the MP before it died.

Also beat GRAW 2 again. I love going into the perspective of your supports and ordering attacks on vehicles and soldiers.
Old 2011-09-01, 09:59   Link #2537
Accelolita_

Currently playing Catherine, second playthrough. Right now I'm trying to finish Rapunzel though. Man, it's not that easy >_<
Accelolita_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-01, 20:06   Link #2538
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Playing the Resistance 3 beta. It's pretty decent.
Old 2011-09-02, 03:26   Link #2539
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
But I love the new job class, items, and combat abilites. I wish there would be a mod to port the combat ability to Origins... Really love that endless flurry for dual weapons
There actually is one, but it doesn't remove the level requirements, so you still only get those abilities late in the original game. Unless you use the console of course.

Endless flurry is so broken though. Unless you're facing a dragon or some other big creature that can shrug you off your rhythm, you can literally kill just about everything with it.

I finished the Awakening campaign + DLCs right before college restarted. It was fun racing through them all, but frankly in the end I was much more interested in the state of the Vigil's granite walls than I was at the Architect or Mother or indeed my replacement companions + Oghren (who thought it was a good idea to bring the least interesting Origins character back anyway? :/). The "difficult" dilemma of the choices about the Architect didn't nearly move me as much as, say, choosing the King of Orzammar or the hardening of the Origins companions.

Oh and Witch Hunt was...disappointing. Morrigan, sweet Morrigan, she didn't have nearly as much to say as I hoped. Mayhaps the recycled areas got on my nerves.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-06, 11:21   Link #2540
delorean2200
ヒットハード&高速

Another Century Episode 3, after watching Nanoha its the only game that i have and can offer the required action level... Currently playing with the X Gundam, but i can't wait to get Freedom.

Edit: damn they should have called this Another Century Episode Ultimate Destruction... its way crazier on that level then its predecessors... And has quite a few mass destruction mechas....

Last edited by delorean2200; 2011-09-06 at 14:01.
delorean2200 is offline   Reply With Quote