AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-02-14, 07:28   Link #3081
monster

Well, a remaster wouldn't necessarily produce new animation in the first place.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 07:59   Link #3082
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

if it didnt fix the stock footage issue, what would be the point with the Remaster? destinys animation was fine, unless they want to update it with a remastered Hiraiface?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-14, 14:55   Link #3083
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
which in the end, was only reanimated stock footage yet again
Exactly.. Destiny SE reused footage from Destiny, which in turn reused footage from Seed SE, which reused footage from the original Seed.. I't like Inception!
Old 2012-02-14, 19:33   Link #3084
monster

Quote:
if it didnt fix the stock footage issue, what would be the point with the Remaster?
It's to sell you a rerelease that may or may not be of better quality than the original. That doesn't mean that there will be new footage (although it's certainly possible).
Old 2012-02-15, 01:36   Link #3085
winter45

Quote:
if it didnt fix the stock footage issue, what would be the point with the Remaster? destinys animation was fine, unless they want to update it with a remastered Hiraiface?
For rabbid fans to throw moar ca$h at bandai which in turn fuels more $$$ to non CE projects to pi$$off the fanatics.

Just like starwars i suppose.. to rack up more cash.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 05:58   Link #3086
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito-kid View Post
Exactly.. Destiny SE reused footage from Destiny, which in turn reused footage from Seed SE, which reused footage from the original Seed.. I't like Inception!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
It's to sell you a rerelease that may or may not be of better quality than the original. That doesn't mean that there will be new footage (although it's certainly possible).
Yeah, but seeing how destiny was mostly stock footage from another show
one would expect a tad bit of effort with the success it ended up being, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter45 View Post
For rabbid fans to throw moar ca$h at bandai which in turn fuels more $$$ to non CE projects to pi$$off the fanatics.

Just like starwars i suppose.. to rack up more cash.
True, True.
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-15, 13:59   Link #3087
monster

Quote:
Yeah, but seeing how destiny was mostly stock footage from another show
It isn't. (Although there is enough to be noticeable.)
Quote:
one would expect a tad bit of effort with the success it ended up being, you know?
More effort only comes with higher budget (as long as there's no production problem). And since Destiny was moderately successful as it is, if Bandai/Sunrise think they could still profit from a simple remaster, they wouldn't bother allocating more budget just to replace stock footages that already work as part of the show.

They would rather sell you on something more advertisable. For example, with SEED remaster's "HD" gimmick.
Old 2012-02-15, 20:18   Link #3088
casval cehack

If SEED Remaster has the "HD" gimmick, maybe for DESTINY they'll consider the "3D" gimmick (just like Starwars). That means Asuran savioured in 3 dimensions.
Old 2012-02-15, 20:28   Link #3089
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

That's going to be so lol... OR, MEER IN 3D~
Old 2012-02-17, 05:55   Link #3090
monster

BREAKING NEWS: FLAY HAS SNAPPED!!!

(Kira, Kira, you shouldn't promise things you couldn't keep. )

And yes, the underwear scene has been teased for those (one particular person?) who want to see it (again).
Old 2012-02-17, 09:56   Link #3091
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:

And yes, the underwear scene has been teased for those (one particular person?) who want to see it (again).
We all should blame Murrue for this, I mean she has the tools to bargain for diplomacy, and what does she do? SHE EFFIN TRIES TO BE THE HEROINE. Any military institution would have the decency to invoke diplomacy, especially if it's a humanitarian concern. they have two things to justify a ceasefire, The Refugees from Helopolis, and Lacus Clyne, both of which would have been valid.
Old 2012-02-17, 10:14   Link #3092
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Episode 9's up:

Old 2012-02-17, 10:51   Link #3093
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post

oh yea we remember that next ep we also get Lacus' HD "pantsu".

yea mention on GSD getting HD or 3d maybe in like GSD's 10th year to happen yea in 2014.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 16:55   Link #3094
justavisitor

just watched episode 9...after so many years, i still can't help but feel sorry for Fllay...for some reason, archangel is rather willing to let the enemy sink the allies' ships than to take advantage of Lacus Clyne's situation. what the heck? it baffles me to see Murrue (and all the good guys...Mu, Kira, etc) actually feels disgusted/dirty/guilty for using Lacus to reach the temporarily ceasefire. I don't know a thing about politics, but am I the only one who thinks that Natarle and Fllay did no wrong here?
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 17:05   Link #3095
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
just watched episode 9...after so many years, i still can't help but feel sorry for Fllay...for some reason, archangel is rather willing to let the enemy sink the allies' ships than to take advantage of Lacus Clyne's situation. what the heck? it baffles me to see Murrue (and all the good guys...Mu, Kira, etc) actually feels disgusted/dirty/guilty for using Lacus to reach the temporarily ceasefire. I don't know a thing about politics, but am I the only one who thinks that Natarle and Fllay did no wrong here?
When I initially watched it, I agreed with how the series passed it off. It's the idea that they're trying to take the high road; that an act of good will could touch many others, and decrease the intensity of the fighting (if not stop it entirely). It's the ideal scenario.

It doesn't really work out that way in reality, of course. But then, I don't think that many of us are watching anime or other entertainment forms to see reality. The fantasy - those ideal situations that we wish would happen, but don't - are part of the appeal.
Old 2012-02-17, 19:28   Link #3096
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
We all should blame Murrue for this, I mean she has the tools to bargain for diplomacy, and what does she do? SHE EFFIN TRIES TO BE THE HEROINE. Any military institution would have the decency to invoke diplomacy, especially if it's a humanitarian concern. they have two things to justify a ceasefire, The Refugees from Helopolis, and Lacus Clyne, both of which would have been valid.
At this point, ZAFT has most likely viewed Orb as a secret collaborator with the EA. I don't think they will stop just because an EA warship claims to have "refugees" onboard, especially if those refugees are from Orb.

And if they tried to force a ceasefire by using Lacus Clyne in the name of humanitarian effort, then they would've been forced to release her. And that ceasefire would've ended the moment they released her to ZAFT. (And we know it will in the next episode.)

So the only other choice was either to run, which Murrue thinks would've only delayed the confrontation, or to join forces with the rest of the AF fleet. I don't think the fact that they were still losing means that Murrue made the wrong choice. Sometimes, you can still fail even when you made no mistake.
Quote:
It's not like they weren't doing anything to help. They were fighting as well, but sometimes that's not enough. And just because they're enemies, it doesn't mean that hiding behind civilians (even one with Lacus' status) should be done without any remorse, at least for many people.

At least, when they're fighting ZAFT, they know they're fighting people who have accepted the role of a soldier and who will try to kill them in return. That's not necessarily the case with Lacus.
Old 2012-02-17, 21:29   Link #3097
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Well, as far as I'm concerned. There's a scene in Unicorn that I could compare this initial scene to: You guessed it: Mineva's hostage taking. Sure, the Feds were to kill her at that point, seriously, but it was done immediately, no questions asked.

Quote:
And if they tried to force a ceasefire by using Lacus Clyne in the name of humanitarian effort, then they would've been forced to release her. And that ceasefire would've ended the moment they released her to ZAFT. (And we know it will in the next episode.)

So the only other choice was either to run, which Murrue thinks would've only delayed the confrontation, or to join forces with the rest of the AF fleet. I don't think the fact that they were still losing means that Murrue made the wrong choice. Sometimes, you can still fail even when you made no mistake.
And you'd think Lacus would sit idly? of course she wouldn't, If they acted in spirit of humanitarian concerns, Lacus would cry foul over it. A chance for diplomacy is always first-priority. In Star Trek, it's always the federation stance. Hell, in the movie(2009), Kirk even asks Nero if he wants to seek help, this is after Nero destroyed a whole planet. Dishonoring that would be a disservice to what ZAFT stands for. and Even Rau would acknowledge that he has no where to go back to, since Lacus would likely have a better reason to protest against this war if they make a short ceasefire.

More lives would be saved if they bargained for diplomacy, and if ZAFT dishonors them, Lacus would be there to see it all and protest.at least they tried, rather than go guns ablizin.

And before anybody misunderstands this as defending Fllay, I'm going out here and trying to justify what they should've done earlier, before shit happened.
Old 2012-02-17, 21:47   Link #3098
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
And you'd think Lacus would sit idly? of course she wouldn't, If they acted in spirit of humanitarian concerns, Lacus would cry foul over it.
The Archangel can't make a decision based on what Lacus would or would not do. They don't even really know her.
Quote:
A chance for diplomacy is always first-priority. In Star Trek, it's always the federation stance. Hell, in the movie(2009), Kirk even asks Nero if he wants to seek help, this is after Nero destroyed a whole planet.
As it has been pointed out several times in Star Trek history, Starfleet is not a military organization. Of course they would try to use war as a last option if they could.

And in case you have forgotten, ZAFT and the EA are already at war. That means that diplomacy has already failed them. Natarle is lucky that Rau's team would even care about Lacus. Rau could've just as easily decided to attack the Archangel anyway and feigned innocence of Lacus' presence after the fact. And if they had kept that secret and successfully destroyed the Archangel along with the rest of the AF fleet, no one else would've found out about Lacus. Or worse, Lacus could've been seen as some kind of a martyr by ZAFT.
Old 2012-02-17, 22:25   Link #3099
justavisitor

I find it a bit funny when Arthun says Archangel is playing dirty (or something along that line). So what should they do...don't say a thing until Archangel got sunk and let zaft find the dead body of Lacus?

My opinion is, as soon as archangel decides to help, Murrue should consider the option of letting zaft know that Lacus is in the ship. If zaft cares, great, if not, they are prepared to fight to the very end anyway. I actually think there is a misjudgment from Murrue.
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-17, 22:27   Link #3100
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
I find it a bit funny when Arthun says Archangel is playing dirty (or something along that line). So what should they do...don't say a thing until Archangel got sunk and let zaft find the dead body of Lacus?
My guess is that they assumed that the Archangel had been the one to attack the civilian craft that Lacus was on, and that they intentionally kidnapped her. That would be a rather dirty play.

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep