AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-09-24, 15:27   Link #7181
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, 0-3 Steelers vs 0-3 Vikings in England!! What a way to promote the NFL....

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 15:42   Link #7182
GDB

Hey, at least they get to see AP.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 10:37   Link #7183
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
^ The chances they beat the Chargers and the Broncos got slimer as Dallas Cowboys DE Anthony Spencer probably done for the season. Reports say he may need microfracture surgery on his left knee.
...ugh

Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-25, 19:45   Link #7184
sky black swordman

^ Yup.

In other news: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have decided to bench quarterback Josh Freeman for rookie Mike Glennon. In light of this news, Josh Freeman and the Bucs are seeking a trade. So which teans are willing to give up picks to get this guy?
Old 2013-09-25, 19:55   Link #7185
GDB

I could see a few teams give them a fly late round pick, but I doubt they'd get a high pick for him.
Old 2013-09-25, 20:03   Link #7186
VTHokiePride

Jacksonville, Oakland, Cleveland could use him. Due to his inconsistent play, I'd give him a 5th or 6th rounder. He had all the weapons last year and couldn't deliver. Then again, the Bucs passing defense was a weakness.
Old 2013-09-25, 20:16   Link #7187
GDB

Unless Pryor is truly damaged from his concussion, I don't see Oakland taking a fly on him. Cleveland and Jacksonville I imagine would rather draft someone. That really only leaves Minnesota if they want to try to win now and don't trust Ponder, or think they'll win enough to not get one of the best QBs so they might as well take a fly.
Old 2013-09-26, 03:23   Link #7188
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless Pryor is truly damaged from his concussion, I don't see Oakland taking a fly on him. Cleveland and Jacksonville I imagine would rather draft someone. That really only leaves Minnesota if they want to try to win now and don't trust Ponder, or think they'll win enough to not get one of the best QBs so they might as well take a fly.
I agree and top of that, the Raiders, have already given up their 2014 fifth round pick and a conditional pick in 2015 when they acquired Matt Flynn in a trade with Seattle Seahawks. They aren't going to give up any more draft picks.
Old 2013-09-26, 11:45   Link #7189
Yye1
Wide Right

Hmm, this is ironic, dropped Freeman for Pryor in a 14 team 2 QB league, kinda depresses me how bad my QBs are gonna be this week with Cam on bye

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 00:46   Link #7190
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers get back on track against the Rams.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 15:15   Link #7191
sky black swordman

The Pittsburgh Steelers are 0-4 and the NY Giants are 0-4. The teams were supposed to be playoff contenders.

The Jacksonville Jaguars lose...pretty badly against the Colts.

EDIT: In College Football News: Lane Kiffin fired by USC after 62-41 loss to Arizona State. IMO A good move, he is a great recruiter but a mediocre coach.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-09-29 at 15:45.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 16:09   Link #7192
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
The Jacksonville Jaguars lose...pretty badly against the Colts.
Saw the game, was pretty frustrated. I sided for Gabbert for a long time and now lost support. While the offensive as a whole was not good due to creating unnecessary penalties and the pocket broke down (I am particular blaming the guards rather than the tackles, the tackles were solid) many times.

Jaguars is still in the rebuilding stage, the offense need more rebuilding than the defense. I am next year to be a big improvement, the defense will the first team defense did well, the others have not.

Sidenote; Update on the draft class of 2014, there have been changes in some drafts saying Anthony Barr is now the second overall while Clowney is 3rd. What is everyone's opinions on that? Is Barr better than Clowney?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 18:50   Link #7193
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Saw the game, was pretty frustrated. I sided for Gabbert for a long time and now lost support. While the offensive as a whole was not good due to creating unnecessary penalties and the pocket broke down (I am particular blaming the guards rather than the tackles, the tackles were solid) many times.

Jaguars is still in the rebuilding stage, the offense need more rebuilding than the defense. I am next year to be a big improvement, the defense will the first team defense did well, the others have not.

Sidenote; Update on the draft class of 2014, there have been changes in some drafts saying Anthony Barr is now the second overall while Clowney is 3rd. What is everyone's opinions on that? Is Barr better than Clowney?
I feel for you.

Well, I somewhat expected that to happen. After looking at the stats for both players and Anthony Barr has done more in the 3 games than Jadeveon Clowney has done in the same time span. Jadeveon Clowney also has a foot injury. Another thing that Anthony Barr has going for him is that he can line up in multiple positions.

And the Redskins get their first win against Raiders 24-14.
Some of things I learned from watching this game are that without Terrelle Pryor, the problems on the Raiders offensive line were obvious. Darren Mcfadden (who is playing for a contract) can't stay healthy. He left the game with an hamstring injury. He is most likely gone after this year. Matt Flynn And Dennis Allen are also gone next year.

Other games:
Browns beat the Bengals 17-6. (And the Browns were once a team that was in run for the Theodore Bridgewater)
Cardinals beat the Buccaneers 13-10. (Rumors are flying around that Greg Schiano (Buccaneers head coach) may close to getting fired)
Bills beat the Ravens 23-20. (Joe Flacco threw 5 a career-worst five interceptions.)
Chargers beat Cowboys 30-21. (And the Cowboys have to face the Broncos next week. )
Titans beat Jets 38-13.
Broncos beat the Egales 52-20.
Seahawks beat Texans 23-20.
Lions beat Bears 40-32.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-09-29 at 22:57.
sky black swordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 19:22   Link #7194
GDB

Quote:
Browns beat the Bengals 17--6. (And the Browns were once a the team that was in run for the Theodore Bridgewater)
Not only that, but the Browns are now only half a game behind first place in the division! Wtf kind of shit is that, huh?

But at least the Steelers are 0-4.
Old 2013-09-29, 19:25   Link #7195
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I feel for you.

Well, I somewhat expected that to happen. After looking at the stats for both players and Anthony Barr has done more in the 3 games than Jadeveon Clowney has done in the same time span. Jadeveon Clowney also has a foot injury. Another thing that Anthony Barr has going for him is that he can line up in multiple positions.
Well, at least I have next year. Even though Clowney had injury, he is a one dimension player, he is not versatile. I rather take Barr, he is versatile in which he can play many roles. Clowney is a near perfection in one position while Barr is very great on multiple positions.

Also, another debate I found in another sport's forum. The debate is about Teddy Bridgewater and Brett Hundley, (I do not watch college football so please go easy on me). Brett Hundley and UCLA are ranked lower than Bridgewater and Louisville, but through all the things I search. Louisville has an easy schedule while UCLA has one of the toughest. Looking at that, some people are debating that Brett Hundley is the better of the two as Brett plays tougher teams and defenses. Statistic wise, Bridgewater is better. Physical wise, Brett is the more muscular than the two at the same height but with 17 pounds more than Bridgewater. What do you guys think?
Old 2013-09-30, 03:43   Link #7196
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

As I was telling people, Trent Richardson is a first round bust and the Browns made a coup to trade him for a first round pick. And the Browns have the best front 7 in the league. The reaction to the Richardson trade just shows me not a lot of people actually watch film of these guys and go completely based off of consensus. Smh.

And Brady working his magic again. Gary Kubiak: "Brady went 4-0 in a cave! With a bunch of scraps!".

And our season is basically over now. 12 more games till Teddy.
Old 2013-09-30, 09:27   Link #7197
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Not really fair to call player a bust with only one year under their belt. That said, Chudzinski's offense marginalizes the running backs (at least it did in Carolina to frustration) in general which is the primary reason Richardson was expendable. Indy doesn't really need the pick with all the cap room they got.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:41   Link #7198
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
As I was telling people, Trent Richardson is a first round bust and the Browns made a coup to trade him for a first round pick. And the Browns have the best front 7 in the league. The reaction to the Richardson trade just shows me not a lot of people actually watch film of these guys and go completely based off of consensus. Smh.

And Brady working his magic again. Gary Kubiak: "Brady went 4-0 in a cave! With a bunch of scraps!".

And our season is basically over now. 12 more games till Teddy.
I would be 100 percent on Teddy if only the Jaguars offensive line can be fix, the guards are a problem. If the Jaguars cannot fix their offensive line, they need a dual threat Quarterback in that of either Boyd or Hundley. I would go for Hundley as the UCLA plays a stronger schedule than that of Clemson and Louisville.

I would like the idea of trading Maurice Jones Drew for a first round pick if possible or additional two picks in either the 2-5 rounds. The next draft class is heavy in many positions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Not really fair to call player a bust with only one year under their belt. That said, Chudzinski's offense marginalizes the running backs (at least it did in Carolina to frustration) in general which is the primary reason Richardson was expendable. Indy doesn't really need the pick with all the cap room they got.
I would say Trent Richardson's running game receives too much praise, after all after that Jaguars game. Some analysts made a big deal out of his 60 yards carry, omitting the fact that he had to do 20 carries to get that so its a weak 3 yards per carry. I wouldn't say Trent is a bust. but you got to admit. The Running game is now become obsolete and a serviceable running back can be picked off the streets or an undrafted rookie.
Old 2013-09-30, 13:01   Link #7199
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

tough loss to the Chargers...and we play the Broncos at home next week...

not sure how to feel
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 13:17   Link #7200
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
tough loss to the Chargers...and we play the Broncos at home next week...

not sure how to feel
That you'll still be at the top of the division regardless? It'll just be a tie if the Eagles win.

Tags
american football, sports