AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-26, 16:00   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Hi there. As most Bleach fans will know by now this episode is going to be the final episode for Bleach anime. The show had a remarkable run since it first aired on May 2004. When I first got into Bleach at around episode 12 or so, I didn't think this show will come to enjoy so much popularity. At that time it seemed like this show will not exceed more than 26 episodes, so the moderators were holding back on giving Bleach its own forum. And now here we are. For the last year or so, it has been brutal for Bleach anime in terms of TV ratings. It occupied an afternoon timeslot in the TV Tokyo's anime line up, and yet, the viewer-ship ratings were so dismal that it was being regularly beaten by shows aired in midnight timeslot. It really was a matter of time before Bleach anime came to an end.

The manga is still continuing with the story, so there is still hope for the fans who want more Bleach anime in the future. It may come in the OVA or movie format, or it may even have a revamped second season like Naruto Shippuden. For now, this is the end for Bleach anime.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
Old 2012-03-26, 18:11   Link #2
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

this one is for Kenpachi and Ikkaku *tips bottle*

it's been a fun run...damn...8 years
Old 2012-03-27, 06:54   Link #3
Gundamx

They should end it after Azien arc and restore it again after they have enough manga chapters....
Old 2012-03-27, 07:23   Link #4
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

-waits for april fools to hear the "HAha APril fools! We're gonna revamp the 2nd season like Naruto Shippuden! see ya then!"-
Old 2012-03-27, 08:05   Link #5
Aqua Knight

Okay episode, but still inclusion of FB (without the fact of restoring Ichigo's power) is ambiguous.
Old 2012-03-27, 08:47   Link #6
Eragon
Still Alive

So, its finally over. *sigh* how many times has it been said already - It would've been so much better if Bleach had gone out with a bang(the Aizen showdown). Instead, it goes out like an old man who's lived too many years for his own good, when nobody but his family members care if he's dead or alive.
Well be as it may, it was fun till it lasted. And I hope it doesn't get a second season - just not worth it. But I would like an OVA though.

Last edited by Eragon; 2012-03-27 at 16:58.
Old 2012-03-27, 09:36   Link #7
Jerseykid

I thought they missed a real chance there at the end, a few seconds of something vague, new, and ominous would have been appropriate. Even if they never intended to follow through.
Old 2012-03-27, 10:36   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It was fun, while it lasted...at least most of it :P I really enjoyed the show up to half of the HM arc, and if anything, the anime did an amazing job with most of its filler time.
Old 2012-03-27, 11:00   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well and there it ends. Of course do think the Aizen arc would have been the best point to end it, but this wasn't all that bad. You get Ichigo back into the action and everything pretty much wrapped up. Plus in that fight they actually tried to remember way back to when Ichigo's bankai was supposed to be fast.

It has been a very long run. There have been great times, filler times, and strange times. But overall glad I decided to get into the series years ago since it was worth it.
Old 2012-03-27, 12:12   Link #10
Jerseykid

What about a new series with ichigo's sister and she can learn kido and be trained properly. The fights will hopefully be more interesting because she can do both in battle. We can watch the whole process start to finish. Give them time to come up with some decent new bad guys. Aizen breaks out at some point, get into the soul king, learn more about the world of soul society.
Old 2012-03-27, 12:53   Link #11
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well atleast the finale wasn't worse than LOST ;/
Old 2012-03-27, 12:58   Link #12
Lumir

Well im really hoping in the future the return of bleach. I really want to see an arc or at least more information on this soul king that aizen was so strongly against. It was a fine ending but they could have hinted at something as sort of a teaser for a second season or something. Oh well only time will tell =).

Good memories with bleach.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:21   Link #13
ookamigirl

There were lots of flashbacks this time..
Not much fighting though. It was more like after battle feelings and stuff.
Relaxed final episode..

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2012-03-27, 13:36   Link #14
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well at least the final episode was decently adapted. They even added in a few extra nuances that make it better, such as the idea that Ichigo came to resign as Shinigami Substitute.
Old 2012-03-27, 13:38   Link #15
sayde

I guess I'll be the first here to say that I personally wouldn't have minded it much if the series ended after the previous filler arc.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:22   Link #16
Jouten

The last episode just proves how much better the Anime is compared to the Manga. Too bad it's going to end. I wouldn't have minded if the Manga ended and the guys who make the Anime were given full control over how the story of Bleach continues.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:35   Link #17
Maxtro

Damn, that's sad.

I've been watching it from the very beginning.

I always thought it was a pretty good so except for the fillers. But it's pretty much always that for these long running shows.

The most recent arc was nothing special and actually felt like a filler.
Old 2012-03-27, 14:47   Link #18
Excelion

RIP Bleach, you had a great run. Watched all 366 episodes since it started in 2004, one of my first animes. Really awesome show. I liked all the fillers too except for the Bounts and Sword Beasts. I really think that mostly anime-original episode at the end of the last filler arc would have been good for an ending too, but I digress.

Liked the subtle HitsugayaxHinamori moment there at the end, lol.
Old 2012-03-27, 15:04   Link #19
motang

They should have just ended it after the Azien fight.
Old 2012-03-27, 16:26   Link #20
sergel02

i wish people would stop saying they should have ended it after the Aizen fight. I don't really get why, lots of ppl are happy to see an arc other than aizen animated. ehh, people here complain and whine a lot anyway.

Gonna miss the show, i really enjoyed it for the most part.
Closed Thread