AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-28, 12:26   Link #61
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Where do you live? Where I live going outside your brain cells start shutting down.... I can't find a GF here because if they are decent people they are inside their home as much as I am.
Well lets see, I live in Miami. It is hot, but the beaches make up for that. Me and my girlfriend go to Haulover beach once a month, its fun and she gets a tan. You are right about the decent people however, met my girlfriend in college when she was dating my so called best friend.

Though we are getting off topic a bit I think. Would be cool if Metro makes a game here, though I think it would like Fry Cry.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-01, 23:30   Link #62
Alchemist007
*Author

Got the bad end, guess killing all those bad guys was a no no since you do get points for not killing anyone in certain chapters. Going to go through it more carefully on ranger hardcore this time, which seems to be playing the same as ranger easy just no screen prompts for the quicktime events.

I wanted to do the replay with Russian voices but the subtitles don't seem to be accurate nor complete. The only things subtitled are select main dialogues and not even a lot of the unique side chatter. I do like the English voices a lot more in this game than the last though, so it's not too bad a thing, in 2033 it was mostly annoying in combat.

"Die, Shithead!"
Old 2013-06-02, 10:00   Link #63
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^not to mention not even sound Russian. XD
Old 2013-06-02, 18:53   Link #64
Alchemist007
*Author

Well, it didn't take long to complete the game again. I suppose it is rather quick if you're not exploring quite as much. Got the good ending, and there is room to kill some humans.

Spoiler:

I found it interesting that they don't tell you everything with just one of the endings either.

Spoiler:

There's someone claiming to have gotten the good ending despite killiing anything that moved, I guess I must have missed some conversations or something the first time around. Or maybe they're lying. I suppose I could experiment with that on a run I do later.
Old 2013-06-02, 20:15   Link #65
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
There's someone claiming to have gotten the good ending despite killiing anything that moved, I guess I must have missed some conversations or something the first time around. Or maybe they're lying. I suppose I could experiment with that on a run I do later.
As it stands now, I'm trying to kill as few people as possible, and I even
Spoiler:
, although I'm not sure whether or not I'll end up with the good ending. This game feels a little like a visual novel now
Old 2013-06-02, 20:29   Link #66
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
As it stands now, I'm trying to kill as few people as possible, and I even
Spoiler:
, although I'm not sure whether or not I'll end up with the good ending. This game feels a little like a visual novel now
I've been trying to find that Teddy Bear, where at?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 20:31   Link #67
Alchemist007
*Author

The opposite side of the area, win the minigame 3x.
Old 2013-06-02, 20:53   Link #68
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
The opposite side of the area, win the minigame 3x.
To think that they said doing good deeds were tough. In fact, I like how the option to knock out someone on a PC is using "E", while killing someone from behind is with "V". It's easier to reach "E" than "V", so I've knocked out every single person I've met that could be knocked out (safely)
Old 2013-06-02, 23:06   Link #69
Alchemist007
*Author

Well the keys are customizable so it's not an issue unless you make it one. I chose "w" for knock out and "mouse 4" for knife.
Old 2013-06-02, 23:09   Link #70
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Well the keys are customizable so it's not an issue unless you make it one. I chose "w" for knock out and "mouse 4" for knife.
The default settings work well enough for me I don't have a mouse 4, but that's probably why I've kept to the defaults. What's your favourite all-around weapon load out?
Old 2013-06-03, 01:05   Link #71
Alchemist007
*Author

Any rifle seems to be fine. The two shotguns that hold multiple rounds are also good, so I usually have one of these. The pistols are ok. The pneumatic gun is pointless - little ammo, less powerful (even fully charged), and you have to pump the bloody thing. Fire grenades are also pointless, they don't do enough damage and the enemies don't even pause to walk over it. Regular grenades are petty good though. The sniper rifle is pointless because there's hardly any range it has advantages for, a regular rifle will do the job just fine and have a much higher rate of fire.

I also don't bother with anything but stock iron sights, the add-ons aren't more fun or useful. I remember in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. they were useful for a rifle because there were wide open fields you could use the zoom for, but in this game the distances aren't much.
Old 2013-06-03, 08:33   Link #72
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

The enclosed space makes the shambler and the automatic shotgun very useful. I prefer having the reflex sights and laser attachments in general for medium range combat, although there are parts where a scope comes in handy (say, during that one mission with the pimped-out ride inside the Metro tunnels).
Old 2013-06-04, 17:37   Link #73
Alchemist007
*Author

Well I confirmed it. You can kill damn near all the humans and still get the good ending. The only exception I made was Pavel, because I like his character. I also found some extra hidden areas that yielded moral points. Funny that finding places and listening to conversations can outweight slaughtering endless soldiers, but at least you can get both endings while putting your guns to use.

I like the Valve rifle but it's by far the biggest waste because you can only carry 20 ammo.
Old 2013-06-05, 03:16   Link #74
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

AFAIK, getting the redemption good ending can be challenging. Try listen to all of conversations if you can (especially the one appears in subtitles, but sometimes you would get a moral point even if not in subtitle). Then, listen to the NPCs' instructions carefully, and don't screw it up. Also, try look around the entire map for hidden area to get moral points (usually the one with corpses).

Though, I think there is a few things that people may commonly make a mistake...
Spoiler for :

and
Spoiler for starting from the beginning of the game:
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-05, 18:23   Link #75
Alchemist007
*Author

Killing surrendering enemies takes away a point.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-08, 04:56   Link #76
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Killing surrendering enemies takes away a point.

Spoiler:
It's your call. Knock the crap out of him would gain a point though.

BTW, let's discuss about weapons, shall we? I'm wondering...
Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-08, 14:52   Link #77
Alchemist007
*Author

Actually, he'd probably die a worse death by suffocating without the mask on, it's even more evil!

And no, unless the laser sight goes under I don't think there's anything else.
Old 2013-06-09, 04:36   Link #78
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Well that's sad. Cause I thought the underbarrel shotgun is still here.

Say, you wonder why it's unusual for a revolver to fit in a suppressor?