AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Old 2019-11-02, 00:48   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Liking more Shindo. His actions in the second episode reveal more about his true self. I can't tell if his cheerful side is just an act to analyse others similar to when he talked to the singer. He also analyzed well Kogami without even seeing him.
It might be both on his part. His manner of speaking helps people at ease which is a great tool to have to catch them off their guard. Obviously it does not work with everyone. I have a suspicion he can be a hard ass when he needs to be. His astonishing parkour skill demonstrative of that assumption.

Looking forward to episode 3.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 08:04   Link #62
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Yes, but what really got her was a combination of the trauma she went through up until then, and then Kogami pointing said Dominator at her.

The first season also showed that killings don't increase their level as much as they should, since people are programmed to assume it's okay as long as the system deems it such. Until they become a target, at least.
Ah true that......The bits where people in general are totally desensitized to others' suffering especially when Sibyl inflicted don't really stand out much
Old 2019-11-02, 16:55   Link #63
Applehell

We definitely need more anime with parkour, Arata's entire sequence was just awesome.

Never thought Kogami would show up like this tho.

Wasn't he considered a fugitive in S1 and 2? Now he shows up working for foreign affairs...

Kinda of sad the series pretty muted hype wise. Thee first two episode are already better than entirety of S2 so far, but it is what is.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 18:38   Link #64
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I hate it when writers decide they need to drop you in the middle of nowhere with a completely new cast of characters and you're left wondering what happened to the old ones: I've never understood the point of that. I can only imagine it working if there's immediate pay off and whilst they did explain where Ginoza and Teppei went, we've still not seen Yayoi and been given an explanation on Akane's circumstances.

The new characters themselves are largely pretty good. I liked the development the new enforcers got: They were kinda A-holes at the start but they gained some good karma when they started being proper team players. I like Arata quite a lot and they've done well to characterise him with a lot of layers as well as subtle detail. One particular example is that the sound of rain is casually revealed to be necessary to his Mentalist ability, and if you go back to the beginning of Episode 1, there was a moment where he "fell asleep standing up" likely due to the heavy rain. However, I do have to qualify that whilst his Mentalist ability is an interesting concept, it comes across as far too hax. They should've really expanded on the science and that was one thing that I miss from Psycho-Pass Season 1 - there would often be long discussions about psychology and criminology and they were always fascinating. Missed opportunity here considering its relation.

It also feels like the show runs far too much on rule of cool now. The parkour was cool and well done and I do like the CQC but we get waaaaay too much. It's like everybody's a kung-fu fighter now. And a lot of the characters are still a bit too caricature-esque. It's definitely not as bad as Season 2 but it is noticeable. As amusing as it is seeing Mika as a Tsundere Pez addict, it's also hard taking her seriously now. And then there's the those weird trio of characters (including Mamoru Miyano) that just scream "WE ARE SO EVIL!" operating in the underground like some kind of bizarre Illuminati conspiracy.

I do enjoy the show overall and if one were to judge it on it's own it's still quite good, but it seems to me that they'll never be able to the recover the same magic that Psycho-Pass Season 1 had, and it's difficult not to make comparisons.

Also Episode 2 was kinda bizarre in that it ended the first arc and established the new one mid episode. It clearly wasn't intended to be a double episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
Wasn't he considered a fugitive in S1 and 2? Now he shows up working for foreign affairs...
You'd have to watch the third Sinners of the System film to understand that bit. You can skip the first two if you want because they haven't shown to be that necessary in understanding this season (yet).
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 19:03   Link #65
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I love it when Kogami walk pass Miki while she ranting, it goes to show she got no respect from anyone.
Old 2019-11-02, 19:27   Link #66
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

An excellent second episode, this season is really hitting it out of the park so far for me. It also fleshing out the world of PP in a lot of interesting ways as well, which I really apreciate.

Our new Inspector duo are great characters. I literally burst out laughing at the look on Mika and the old guy's face when they hung up on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
They should've really expanded on the science and that was one thing that I miss from Psycho-Pass Season 1 - there would often be long discussions about psychology and criminology and they were always fascinating.
It wasn't criminal psychology, but we did get some interesting discussion though. I should actually show that bit where they explained the housing crisis to my economist friend, it seems like he'd like it.

Quote:
As amusing as it is seeing Mika as a Tsundere Pez addict, it's also hard taking her seriously now.
Really? I'm taking her way more seriously now that she seems like a fully fleshed out person, rather than a walking ball of spite against Akane.

Quote:
Also Episode 2 was kinda bizarre in that it ended the first arc and established the new one mid episode. It clearly wasn't intended to be a double episode.
Well, the episodes are twice as long as normal. On this note, I really hope more anime follow this method in the future.

Quote:
You'd have to watch the third Sinners of the System film to understand that bit. You can skip the first two if you want because they haven't shown to be that necessary in understanding this season (yet).
I think SS1 should be watched to get an idea of where Gino and Mika's characters are at right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
I love it when Kogami walk pass Miki while she ranting, it goes to show she got no respect from anyone.
I like to believe Kogami was just giving Gino and Mika some space. He understands the bond between Inspector and Enforcer, after all.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 19:30   Link #67
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Home media release announced

https://psycho-pass.com/bd-dvd/

There will be four volumes of course
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-02, 19:42   Link #68
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
It's not like he's close to Mika, so there's no real point in him sticking around for a rant that isn't directed at him. Besides he probably just wanted to give them some privacy.
Old 2019-11-03, 17:28   Link #69
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I know everybody already noted this, but in this comparison Kogami and Hibari are almost twins even though Kyoji Asano translated Amano's work

Old 2019-11-04, 12:59   Link #70
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

it's finally happened.....Sibyl authorized entertainment lmao
Old 2019-11-04, 13:01   Link #71
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
it's finally happened.....Sibyl authorized entertainment lmao
That was always a thing. Yayoi was in a Sibyl approved punk band.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-04, 13:06   Link #72
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
That was always a thing. Yayoi was in a Sibyl approved punk band.
Oh right. Still no less funny when they all fall afoul of Sibyl in the end. Am actually more concerned about the former members of Karina's band TBH. Obviously the one who remains clear hued in that circumstance is the suspicious one

Looks like Karina is also the ED's mascot
Old 2019-11-04, 18:52   Link #73
Applehell

Quote:
At this point it seem pretty much mandatory, so yeah definitely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I think SS1 should be watched to get an idea of where Gino and Mika's characters are at right now.
Mm, I'll take that into consideration too.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-05, 00:24   Link #74
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Well the second film does foreshadow Teppei winding up in the Foreign Ministry's unit. Speaking of which I wonder what they do with their arrested criminals. Do they have Sibyl's "the only punishment is execution" schtik or do they have actual prisons as well...
Old 2019-11-05, 07:38   Link #75
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Well the second film does foreshadow Teppei winding up in the Foreign Ministry's unit. Speaking of which I wonder what they do with their arrested criminals. Do they have Sibyl's "the only punishment is execution" schtik or do they have actual prisons as well...
The first SS implied they're rehabilitated in special institutions like The Sanctuary. Prisons also exist like the one Akane is currently in.
Renchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-06, 09:40   Link #76
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Those are for latents and still under Sibyl control though....anyone over 300 within Japan is terminated. The foreign affairs branch seems to not use that system seeing how they don't use Dominators. Unless they hold their prisoners in overseas detention sites? Hope they touch on this issue subsequently
Old 2019-11-08, 14:15   Link #77
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

We keep getting more hints about Akane which makes me wonder why the avatar of "Kasei" isn't present. I can see why Akane chose Shindo due to their similar judgement in regards to dominators but we still have to see the whole picture.
Old 2019-11-08, 17:04   Link #78
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Okay, this show has certainly become a lot more "dorky" (at times intentionally and at other times unintentionally) and don't really like it but at the very least I do appreciate the time taken to develop its characters overall. I don't know why they're only focusing on the guys though.

Well actually that's not true, I know exactly why they're only focusing on the guys for now. Between that and the main duo, it's pretty obvious that they're appealing to a "certain" base but whatever.
Old 2019-11-08, 19:30   Link #79
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Okay, this show has certainly become a lot more "dorky" (at times intentionally and at other times unintentionally) and don't really like it but at the very least I do appreciate the time taken to develop its characters overall. I don't know why they're only focusing on the guys though.

Well actually that's not true, I know exactly why they're only focusing on the guys for now. Between that and the main duo, it's pretty obvious that they're appealing to a "certain" base but whatever.
Wow that certain sounds a bit weird. Then again, the staff said from the beginning they never intended Psycho-Pass to focus on romance which is why Akane and Kogami were never into each other. Even the original actors said that about the cast. As a result, they noted the female demographic liked certain stuff ever since season 1.
Old 2019-11-09, 15:53   Link #80
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The annoying thing is that I can't recall any pandering in Season 2 or in any of the films so why they've decided to start now I have no idea.